Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S4 (26003 Views)

My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / Invalid IMEI On My Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190) / "No Signal Found For Mobile Networks" Help On Samsung Galaxy S4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDXILsX7_QI

NEW YORK — Samsung has just introduced its latest flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S 4 to the world.

The Galaxy S 4 follows the spectacularly successful Galaxy S III, which sold over 100 million devices in 2012.

From a design point of view, the Galaxy S 4 iterated from the Galaxy S III, while still offering a more streamlined, refined design. The screen is now 5 inches but the body of the device doesn't feel much larger than the Galaxy S III. Moreover, Samsung made the device slimmer and stronger. Gone is the plasticky feel of the Galaxy S III; the Galaxy S 4 is light, but feels higher quality.

Under the Hood

The 5-inch Super AMOLED display is 1920x1080, giving the Galaxy S 4 an eye-popping 441ppi resolution. It's covered with Gorilla Glass 3.

Depending on the market, it has a 1.9Ghz quad-core processor or a 1.6 octa-core processor. The Galaxy S 4 runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. It has 2GB of RAM and comes in 16, 32 or 64 GB configurations and also includes a microSD card slot.

It has all the basic wireless connections, including Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, Wi-Fi and GPS. Like the Galaxy Note 8.1, the Galaxy S 4 is equipped with an IR port and can be used as a remote control.

Powering all of this technology is a 2600 mAh battery.

It's All About the Cameras

Samsung put a lot of focus on the cameras inside the Galaxy S 4. Yes, cameras, plural. In addition to the 13-megapixel rear camera, the Galaxy S 4 also has a 2-

Users can choose how the second camera superimposes on to the main camera screen — either in an overlay or in true side-by-side mode. It also lets users make video calls while showing off what they are seeing without having to switch camera positions.

What's different is that these two cameras can be used together in a mode Samsung calls Dual Camera. The Dual Camera functionality allows both cameras to be used simultaneously to record video or take photos.

In addition to the Dual Camera mode, Samsung has beefed up the traditional camera software. Taking cues from the Galaxy S Camera, the Galaxy S 4 has a number of different shooting modes for different kinds of shots.

The camera also includes a few special features, including a mode called Drama Shot that lets users create cinemagraph-like images that are saved as animated GIFs.

Users can also create special Story Albums from geo-tagged information as a way to create virtual reminders of a trip or event. If the virtual reminder isn't enough, you can order actual prints from the devices too.

Gestures and More

Samsung has added some of the gesture and haptic features from its Galaxy Note line into the Galaxy S 4.

A new feature called Air View lets users hover their fingers over content in certain apps — such as Flipboard — and see a preview of the content before changing screens. Air Gestures are Kinect-like gestures that allow users to navigate the phone and even make voice calls without touching the screen.

Samsung also has new Smart Pause and Smart Scroll features that help users control content based on action. With Smart Pause, videos in enabled apps will pause when you are turned away and resume when turned back. It doesn't work by using eye-tracking, but instead uses facial recognition.

Smart Scroll lets users scroll through the browser and email without touching the screen. It uses your face movements and wrist gestures to determine when to scroll.

Availab

The Galaxy S 4 will be available in Q2 of 2013

http://mashable.com/2013/03/14/galaxy-s-4-promo/

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Scarpon(m): 1:02am On Mar 15, 2013
thank god at last
since last two years that I have budgeted #150.000 and my money remains #105 to complete GOD I KNOW U WILL PROVIDE B4 THIS YEAR RUNS OUT# IJN#

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by AbdulAdam56(m): 1:02am On Mar 15, 2013
All this 4G users are asleep rocking my first comment tongue
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Zahara78(f): 1:03am On Mar 15, 2013
I DONT LIKE IT
smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by venorite(m): 1:03am On Mar 15, 2013
We need video not pictures
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Coefficient(m): 1:05am On Mar 15, 2013
Make I dey save money to buy am for Xmas.
Wait o! But my Oga at the top may have other ideas. I won't say anything again lipsrsealed
Daz all!

10 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 1:06am On Mar 15, 2013
NOKIA 3310; STILL ON POINT TILL INFINITY..... IF NA LIE, ASK MY OGA AT THE TOP grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Flyingngel(m): 1:07am On Mar 15, 2013
What is wrong with this developed nations, imagine we hav not finished using the ones they brought out last year and now this one again; the way this people are going we will soon witness high profile prostitution from our ladies who crave for things like this, not mentioning our guys who claim to be what they not. Anyway dancing *yoyo yo* God punish the devil, first to comment.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Scarpon(m): 1:07am On Mar 15, 2013
like if u love Samsung smart phones quote if u don't
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by double08(m): 1:09am On Mar 15, 2013
angry angry angry so they cant just wait till the third quarter of the year before the release it,when am just starting to enjoy the S3 angry angry but cant still believe I left my beloved nokia for android phone cry

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Chegunn(m): 1:11am On Mar 15, 2013
Go beat that apple.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Chegunn(m): 1:12am On Mar 15, 2013
Go beat that Apple, we are waiting.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Abrantie: 1:14am On Mar 15, 2013
Chegunn: Go beat that Apple, we are waiting.

That already happened at S2.

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt something wasn't right, but before you became fully aware, it had gotten worse?

That is what Apple went through. During Galaxy S2, Apple should have woken up and quickly switched gears. Instead, it spent too much time scratching its inflated head.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by chucky234(m): 1:16am On Mar 15, 2013
I am just tired of changing phones simply because its new with improved software,RAM,camera quality and few inches added.
Imagine we spent roughly 100k to buy the S3 few months now these Korean thieves launched improved version of S3 then call it S4 to extort people dry,I will wait till the used ones are available on ebay in few months.
Haba what sort of nonsense is this na,in few weeks from now Apple will come out with Iphone 6,maybe HTC with HTC two X since One X is already in the market.

6 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Thevenine(m): 1:16am On Mar 15, 2013
check out my thread on all the hottest phones compared www.nairaland.com/1226077/samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-sony
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by mrofficial2(m): 1:19am On Mar 15, 2013
I'm definitely gonna buy this one. The features are wowing!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by 50calibre(m): 1:20am On Mar 15, 2013
If samsung doesn't kill it's customers, they won't rest. Just few months ago S3 came out, now they are ready to unveil S4.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by mrofficial2(m): 1:24am On Mar 15, 2013
Zahara78: I DONT LIKE IT
smiley

The picture attached to the report is of Galaxy S3
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by azeezakande: 1:25am On Mar 15, 2013
Thanks, but no thanks..... iPhone till they make iPhone no more.

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Abrantie: 1:28am On Mar 15, 2013
Seun.A.Plonker:

The picture attached to the report is of Galaxy S3

S3 and S4 look similar except in size (S4 slightly larger).

Majority of the improvement is in the software. After all, there are only so many ways one can re-design a rectangle with rounded corners.

May be Samsung should have named it Galaxy S3-S cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by YorubaOmoge: 1:31am On Mar 15, 2013
Looks exactly like the Samsung galaxy note 2. Same exterior design, same size etc.
No more idea s from Sammy?

Other phone manufacturers are copying Samsung GN2 too. Sad. What happened to new ideas?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by YorubaOmoge: 1:37am On Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfzom-RdrwI

Is samsung fcukking with me?

This is GN2 Remodeled.

I'm pissed because now there's no distinct physical difference between the GN2 and GS4. I don't want my phone to be mistaken for a GS4 angry

GN2 is the thing right now.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by YorubaOmoge: 1:44am On Mar 15, 2013
Now I am just beyond irritated because I expect GN3 to be exceptional and slightly different in design.

From what I'm seeing so far, it ain't going to happen.

I like Samsung's balls tho. . . .launching GS4 in NY, home of Apple/iPhones grin The competition is GREAT for the technological era.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Rex123(m): 1:45am On Mar 15, 2013
Samsung no wan hear o... Dem wan run iphone down. Any way nice phone. But whoever conceived †ђξ idea of capitalism is a B.astard. Sey make we spend all our moni on fone ni?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by lacasa: 1:50am On Mar 15, 2013
​ so​ We still have nigerians hooked on mobile phones

Hmmmm!! Interesting.

...And some of their mates r building houses, they r desperately saving to make-up and buy a Samsung phone. undecided

#.. On a very long thing, they are!!!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by YorubaOmoge: 1:50am On Mar 15, 2013
Galaxy S4 Specifications:

Jeez, Sammy:

First up is Floating Touch, which lets you control the phone by hovering a finger over the screen, rather than touching it directly. As our sister title Expert Reviews notes, Samsung already uses a similar technology with its S Pen in the Galaxy Note tablets.

Another rumoured input innovation is eye-tracking, such as what we've seen before from Tobii, although Samsung's own patents suggest this may be an in-house development. A report in the New York Times claims the Galaxy S4 will use its cameras to watch users as they read, automatically scrolling the page when they hit the bottom of the text.

A video leaked ahead of the launch shows how the Galaxy S4 eye-tracking system might work. It demonstrates a feature called SmartPause, where a playing video is automatically stop the moment the user averts their gaze from the screen. The user has to press the play button to make the video restart, as you can see from the embedded clip below.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only difference between these specifications and GN2 specification is that GN2 lacks the "eye-tracking" innovation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

[GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 / How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Text Messaging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.