Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S4 (26002 Views)

My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / Invalid IMEI On My Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190) / "No Signal Found For Mobile Networks" Help On Samsung Galaxy S4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 4:28am On Mar 16, 2013
Bawss1:

Korean thieves?

Just because you are broke doesn't mean you should go about throwing insults, nobody is forcing you to buy anything and if you think so then you must be one of the densest people on the continent.

Never knew Samsung had Realtives on Nairaland.. Gotta watch my utterances ftom now on. Pathetic 'feule'!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 4:31am On Mar 16, 2013
texazzpete:

You couldn't be more wrong. I switched to Android April 2012. Currently I use a Galaxy Note II.
I don't expect innovation all the time. All we ask is for Samsung to make better designed phones.

Samsung didn't outsell the iPhone...and their massive sales are more due to massive advertisement and massive global rollout than any 'wow factor'.

*Observing*
Hmmn..
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 4:34am On Mar 16, 2013
Segzy23:

They could have put 3100mAh battery in it to give it more battery life, but they didn't want to compromise on the size and weight as you mentioned. Rather they gave people the choice, if you want something bigger with more battery life, then go for the Samsung galaxy note

Might I add batteries are getting smaller and more powerful too
So the Juice department isn't entirely ignored.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 4:46am On Mar 16, 2013
LADEMINUS:

Leave am... Outsell iphone my foot! What a joke, apple aren't even trying..just look at siri, its just a snippet of what they can do.

Siri is Apple's version of S Voice. I dont see your point. And yes, worldwide Apple doesnt come close to Samsung on sales.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 4:50am On Mar 16, 2013
D.A.V.E:
i am a total iphone fan but i must confess dis s4 beats all iphones hands down but i'll still stick to my iphone fanboyism. I love iphone till sometin sleeker comes out

Lol.. But your fanboyism will more than likely not make u realise that there are already sleekier devices out waiting to be explored by you.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 4:52am On Mar 16, 2013
Abrantie:
What a beauty! I'm gonna be making love to this sexy piece of high-tech wonder in about a month or so.

The first website I'd visit with that baby is Nairaland, so that I can splooge my load all over the front page.

LMAO!!!
Dude wTF!!??
Splooge your load?
Gawd.. am out!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by caukerzee(m): 5:56am On Mar 16, 2013
LADEMINUS:

Leave am... Outsell iphone my foot! What a joke, apple aren't even trying..just look at siri, its just a snippet of what they can do.
SAMSUNG did outsell APPLE last year. Get your facts right.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by tanimz(f): 6:49am On Mar 16, 2013
I am definitely getting the S4. I've had the S2 for almost two years now and I've been impressed it till late last year when its screen went black and wouldn't come back on. Tmobile was kind enough to send a refurbished one that has been acting up since the second week I've had it... Aside from that, Samsung is a great company and I'm definitely looking forward to the release of the S4.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by texazzpete(m): 7:26am On Mar 16, 2013
lacasa: ​ so​ We still have nigerians hooked on mobile phones

Hmmmm!! Interesting.

...And some of their mates r building houses, they r desperately saving to make-up and buy a Samsung phone. undecided

#.. On a very long thing, they are!!!

Poverty mentality.
Show me how many houses you can build with N100k.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 16, 2013
^ Just ignore such people.

I wonder if this thread says "Would you buy the Galaxy S4 or Not".
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by ouagadougou(m): 9:23am On Mar 16, 2013
Forget about iPhone 5! grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Mobinga: 10:27am On Mar 16, 2013
Sammy going the Apple route I see.

Should have just called it the Galaxy S3S
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Segzy23: 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mobinga: Sammy going the Apple route I see.

Should have just called it the Galaxy S3S

The phone may look like the S3, but there are lots of New features in it. So that is why they called it S4.

You need to go on you tube and watch some hands on review on it.

You can't make a strategic decision for them, you're just a consumer
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by GamblinQueen: 1:20am On Mar 17, 2013
BashToks:

Lol.. 1 terabyte memory?? TF? What game you running on your LG?
Am not sure if I should classify your post as a joke or if ure really serious.. Cos if so leme break it to you that thers no phone with a 1 terabyte internal memory.. Least not yet.. Chill for 5 yrs
As I said before, WHEN THE COMPANIES BEGIN TO OFFER 1 TERA BYTE OF MEMORY THEN I WOULD BE WILLING TO SPEND $500 for a phone.
It's only a matter of time.
After all the tera byte hard drive is already on the market.
Not running a game on my phone. Running my lottery software that the techs said could not be done.
Plus my phone allows me to use it as a 4g hotspot. So i can use my tablet or netbook on the road.
Does this phone offer you the consumer this option?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by bemagnify: 8:10am On Mar 17, 2013
sellin ma galaxy s3 for 67k it comes wit d box and all accessories....interestd cal 08106227954 or bemazunity@gmail.com
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Segzy23: 10:31am On Mar 17, 2013
Gamblin Queen :

As I said before, WHEN THE COMPANIES BEGIN TO OFFER 1 TERA BYTE OF MEMORY THEN I WOULD BE WILLING TO SPEND $500 for a phone.
It's only a matter of time.
After all the tera byte hard drive is already on the market.
Not running a game on my phone. Running my lottery software that the techs said could not be done.

I am afraid you gonna have to wait a long time, you talk about terabyte hard drive on market, how long did it take to get this? Also, if you get anything with terabyte in the near future, it will come at a premium price. You just have to look at the price difference between devices with 16gb, 32gb and 64gb. I suspect they would not make the huge leap from 64gb to 1 TByte, rather they will go to 128gb, 256gb and 512gb first before going to 1TB. Same thing applies to processors, we got a single core processor first, then duo core, quad core and now octo core. So dear, you gonna be waiting for a long time.

Plus my phone allows me to use it as a 4g hotspot. So i can use my tablet or netbook on the road.
Does this phone offer you the consumer this option?

This is called Tethering, it has been around for a while back. It is available on any Android device and comes as part of the Android platform. So the answer is Yes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by mrdrizzy(m): 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2013
caukerzee: SAMSUNG did outsell APPLE last year. Get your facts right.
samsung didnt gwad didnt u read d 1st page..?...also ask googe ,though samsung sold alot in their 1st 3wks ..bt seeing this s4 it definately would sell more than the iphone 5 or the upcoming iphone 5s.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by BashToks: 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
bemagnify: sellin ma galaxy s3 for 67k it comes wit d box and all accessories....interestd cal 08106227954 or bemazunity@gmail.com

I gues @Segzy23 answered your question.
Cheers!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by GamblinQueen: 3:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
Segzy23:

I am afraid you gonna have to wait a long time, you talk about terabyte hard drive on market, how long did it take to get this? Also, if you get anything with terabyte in the near future, it will come at a premium price. You just have to look at the price difference between devices with 16gb, 32gb and 64gb. I suspect they would not make the huge leap from 64gb to 1 TByte, rather they will go to 128gb, 256gb and 512gb first before going to 1TB. Same thing applies to processors, we got a single core processor first, then duo core, quad core and now octo core. So dear, you gonna be waiting for a long time.

I have the patience of a dead man.
I can wait. grin

This is called Tethering, it has been around for a while back. It is available on any Android device and comes as part of the Android platform. So the answer is Yes

It's not on all devices. When I was forced to replace my phone, only a select few offered this option. Hell, some of them didn't even offer bluetooth.
The corporate conglormoration knows exactly how to dangle the "carrot" in front of the consumers and reap a heafty profit.

So once again, when the internal memory reaches 1 terabyte, I'll go phone shopping. grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Segzy23: 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
Gamblin Queen :

It's not on all devices. When I was forced to replace my phone, only a select few offered this option. Hell, some of them didn't even offer bluetooth.
The corporate conglormoration knows exactly how to dangle the "carrot" in front of the consumers and reap a heafty profit.

So once again, when the internal memory reaches 1 terabyte, I'll go phone shopping. grin

I beg to differ, It is not only a selected few, most of them have it. For your phone not to have it, it must either be a very cheap Android phone (not with many smartphone features) or it is running on the old Android os . ie something before Froyo. I have been using this feature since late 2010, and even back then, most of the HTC and Samsung phones I came across had it. Yes most of them might not have 4g, but they have 3g and can be used as wireless hotspot.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by bukahands(m): 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
In Q3 s3 had more sales in Q4 iphone 5 had more sales
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by GamblinQueen: 9:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
Segzy23:

I beg to differ, It is not only a selected few, most of them have it. For your phone not to have it, it must either be a very cheap Android phone (not with many smartphone features) or it is running on the old Android os . ie something before Froyo. I have been using this feature since late 2010, and even back then, most of the HTC and Samsung phones I came across had it. Yes most of them might not have 4g, but they have 3g and can be used as wireless hotspot.

I can only speak of what I encountered.
A few of the carriers that I visited, did not allow tethering with the 3G phone. :-(
That feature was only offered on selected 4G phones with selected plans. :-(
Hence the "carrot" to manipulate the consumer.
That's why I can wait until a super smart manufacturer decide to produce a cell phone with 1 tera byte of internal memory.
It's not impossible, it's just not available to the public yet.
The consumers have to be bilked through the hard drives and thumb drives before the tera byte is offered through the cell phone. :-)

TTFN
GQ
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Segzy23: 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
Gamblin Queen :

I can only speak of what I encountered.
A few of the carriers that I visited, did not allow tethering with the 3G phone. :-(
That feature was only offered on selected 4G phones with selected plans. :-(
Hence the "carrot" to manipulate the consumer.
That's why I can wait until a super smart manufacturer decide to produce a cell phone with 1 tera byte of internal memory.
It's not impossible, it's just not available to the public yet.
The consumers have to be bilked through the hard drives and thumb drives before the tera byte is offered through the cell phone. :-)

TTFN
GQ

Now I see what you mean, the phones had the feature but the mobile vendors locked it. I use a Google Nexus 2, and I was able use my phone as a wireless modem with MTN sim back in 2011. It wasn't blocked, I didn't try it on glo or other networks, but anyone with HTC wildfire or Samsung galaxy II could have done it a that time. Good luck with the 1 terabyte phone, lets hope it is available for sale by 2017 smiley.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Pretty002: 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
mr.drizzy:
samsung didnt gwad didnt u read d 1st page..?...also ask googe ,though samsung sold alot in their 1st 3wks ..bt seeing this s4 it definately would sell more than the iphone 5 or the upcoming iphone 5s.
samsung galaxy s4 n samsung galaxy note 2 which one beta?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by UncleJJ(m): 8:26am On Mar 21, 2013
Pretty002: samsung galaxy s4 n samsung galaxy note 2 which one beta?

Depends on your lifestyle. if your a banker and get alot of mails, take home alot of work, make presentations, read alot, into web design, medical doctor , engineer
big time exec grab the note 2.

But, if your a person whose moving all the time, does not need the phone to perform large wordprocessing tasks and similar grab the s4
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by DAVE5(m): 7:59pm On Mar 22, 2013
BashToks:

Lol.. But your fanboyism will more than likely not make u realise that there are already sleekier devices out waiting to be explored by you.

i hav actually explored an android gadget b4 and got bored with it after a while but i intend to get another android device in less than 2 weeks but i go still kip my apple close by
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Pretty002: 8:51am On Mar 28, 2013
UncleJJ:

Depends on your lifestyle. if your a banker and get alot of mails, take home alot of work, make presentations, read alot, into web design, medical doctor , engineer
big time exec grab the note 2.

But, if your a person whose moving all the time, does not need the phone to perform large wordprocessing tasks and similar grab the s4
iS S4 in naija now? Pls price
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by amblors(m): 5:05pm On Mar 28, 2013
The ocatacore benchmark is on gsmarena, the cpu kills every mobile cpu currently available
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Pretty002: 5:16am On Jul 19, 2014
Mrkuvuki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDXILsX7_QI

NEW YORK — Samsung has just introduced its latest flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S 4 to the world.

The Galaxy S 4 follows the spectacularly successful Galaxy S III, which sold over 100 million devices in 2012.

From a design point of view, the Galaxy S 4 iterated from the Galaxy S III, while still offering a more streamlined, refined design. The screen is now 5 inches but the body of the device doesn't feel much larger than the Galaxy S III. Moreover, Samsung made the device slimmer and stronger. Gone is the plasticky feel of the Galaxy S III; the Galaxy S 4 is light, but feels higher quality.

Under the Hood

The 5-inch Super AMOLED display is 1920x1080, giving the Galaxy S 4 an eye-popping 441ppi resolution. It's covered with Gorilla Glass 3.

Depending on the market, it has a 1.9Ghz quad-core processor or a 1.6 octa-core processor. The Galaxy S 4 runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. It has 2GB of RAM and comes in 16, 32 or 64 GB configurations and also includes a microSD card slot.

It has all the basic wireless connections, including Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, Wi-Fi and GPS. Like the Galaxy Note 8.1, the Galaxy S 4 is equipped with an IR port and can be used as a remote control.

Powering all of this technology is a 2600 mAh battery.

It's All About the Cameras

Samsung put a lot of focus on the cameras inside the Galaxy S 4. Yes, cameras, plural. In addition to the 13-megapixel rear camera, the Galaxy S 4 also has a 2-

Users can choose how the second camera superimposes on to the main camera screen — either in an overlay or in true side-by-side mode. It also lets users make video calls while showing off what they are seeing without having to switch camera positions.

What's different is that these two cameras can be used together in a mode Samsung calls Dual Camera. The Dual Camera functionality allows both cameras to be used simultaneously to record video or take photos.

In addition to the Dual Camera mode, Samsung has beefed up the traditional camera software. Taking cues from the Galaxy S Camera, the Galaxy S 4 has a number of different shooting modes for different kinds of shots.

The camera also includes a few special features, including a mode called Drama Shot that lets users create cinemagraph-like images that are saved as animated GIFs.

Users can also create special Story Albums from geo-tagged information as a way to create virtual reminders of a trip or event. If the virtual reminder isn't enough, you can order actual prints from the devices too.

Gestures and More

Samsung has added some of the gesture and haptic features from its Galaxy Note line into the Galaxy S 4.

A new feature called Air View lets users hover their fingers over content in certain apps — such as Flipboard — and see a preview of the content before changing screens. Air Gestures are Kinect-like gestures that allow users to navigate the phone and even make voice calls without touching the screen.

Samsung also has new Smart Pause and Smart Scroll features that help users control content based on action. With Smart Pause, videos in enabled apps will pause when you are turned away and resume when turned back. It doesn't work by using eye-tracking, but instead uses facial recognition.

Smart Scroll lets users scroll through the browser and email without touching the screen. It uses your face movements and wrist gestures to determine when to scroll.

Availab

The Galaxy S 4 will be available in Q2 of 2013

http://mashable.com/2013/0

3/14/galaxy-s-4-promo/
pls what's d code for Samsung subscription?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by marcjoe(m): 7:28am On Jul 19, 2014
PROMO: U CAN NOW GET UR 16GB, 32GB, 64GB MEMORY CARD AT A CHEAP PRICE + (FREE GTA SAN ANDREAS & FIFA 14 FULL)...NICE ANDROID HD GAMES ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOUR SAMSUNG GALAXY S4..DELIVERY POSSIBLE....

whatsapp - 08161145975, BBM - 79D8301F

www.nairaland.com/1570564/get-16gb32gb-memory-card-phonecamera
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by nizebubby: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
whats d price of s4 screen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

[GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 / How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset / How To Track A Nigerian Scammer's Bank Account And Easily Get Back Your Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.