Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me (31839 Views)

Why I Dumped Nigeria For Qatar — Asia’s Fastest Man, Ogunode / Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard / Emenike Out Of Sunday Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
Osyxcel: I just want all you ppl talkin' abt money to know that Emenike plays in Europe, and he earns quite a lot on a weekly basis....

Part of d job of a coach is to see to players welfare....

It's not as if he is not well taken care of at his club, but he wants to make sure that the coach/country he is giving his all to cares about his well being....it's not all abt makin' call-ups weneva there is a match ahead....it's abt building long-lasting inter-personal relationships....

What Emenike did is an act of patriotism....makin' it known to the concerned authorities what ought to be....
do he earn more dan mikel obi dat his fada was kidnapped,or do he earn more dan victor moses dat ad his parent killed in 9ja,or do he earn more dan martins dat was attacked n almost killed by armed robbers in lagos?.Playin 4 ur country no mata wat hapuned 2 u is a point of duty dat u shuld even thank GOD 4 it.Dat statement he made of keshi using n dumping him is a vry stupid statement.I remembered when enyeama was benched alot by 1 foreign coach like dat who prefered ejide,n even siasia dint call up enyeama or benched him at sum point,but enyeama neva made a statement like using n dumping him.When u ar playin 4 a large country as nigeria wit massive population,u wil knw its a privilegde 2 play 4 such a large country,pple on d street even need dis oportunity.So dat language of "using and dumping him" is unacceptable.But keshi shuld av atleast foned him.

3 Likes

Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by hairyman(m): 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
Was this man engaged in charity work for Nigeria at AFCON? Did he not receive appropriate payments for his services? How then did keshi use and dump him? Giving him a call is neither a professional or personal obligation of Keshi. Though it wouldn't hurt to gget that but its in no way his entitlement. He did not complain here that part of his contract required that Nigeria take care of his medical expenses or rehabilitation or something, which they are not doing. If I am Keshi I don't think I will need such a man whose loyalty is bought with a phone call on my team any more. In Nigeria we must learn that when one does his duty, he does no one any favour, IT IS HIS DUTY!! If he does it well, it is nobody's obligation to award him accolades nor is it his entitlement. They have received all that one can desire after winning AFCON, why complain abt something so trivial. This fellow really is an em odiment of the Nigerian problem. If a governor makes one or two roads he want to be worshipped, if a chairman builds a ten room pseudoclinic he is working and can 'chop small' afterall his predecessor did nothing, if the president flogs a man in public because he was flogging a civilian then he is fighting for the people. We must learn to think differently my people.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by zanga420: 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
Ma-fun:

You get mouth well well.
Imagine this scenerio-you are working for a factory or a company and while on official duty you had an accident that render you useless for months or even years. The coy was been good to you by paying you off, afterwhich you did not hear anything from the coy.
Oga, pls ao would you feel?

Since you know he was been paid for the work he is doing, what stop you frm joining the national team so dat you can get pay as he does?

You are one of those that sits in a bar or viewing center not only to watch ball but to critize the players.

Think like someone that blood flows in his veins before you comment next time.
its such mentality that kills zeal, did u see the risk dat guy took 2score the goal against burkinafaso in our 1st match. These risks must be encouraged "money is not everything" even as the guy(emenike) said.

1 Like

Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
Black Peni5: This is one [color=#990000][/color]of Nigeria's biggest problems...We always want to be given special treatment even when we are doing our Jobs.

He was paid for playing for Nigeria. Its not like he was doing charity work and now he is saying he was used.

Rubbish.
@Blackpeni5 I never know u will so wicked to say something like that. In develop country,no matter the amount of money u were paid once u got injured representing ur they care for u till u are okay. Unless ur club want to hv their eyes on u,then ur country hv to be calling to see hw u are progressing.
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by kcjazz(m): 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2013
A player wins golden shoe for Nigeria to help clinch first trophy in 19 years, got injured while playing for Nigeria and people are talking about money? How much was given to them in the first place? 100million from Dangote and you think each person got 50 million? 22 players, coaches, gazillion NFF bosses to share even 500 million amounts to nothing if you can't give a simple call to ask him how he is doing. Where is Keshi's land in Abuja from US 94?

In the same interview, his club that pays him weekly even when he was playing for Nigeria was praised for their support. Spartak pays Emenike even more than what Nigeria would do/will do/had done dollar for dollar.
Ever heard of man management? and you think Maurihno or Fergie are loved by players because of money? Whether you are a policeman, ex soldier or footballer when it comes to life it is the little things that matter and not money. Today it is Emenike, tommorow it will be another and one day it will be you. Karma!

2 Likes

Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by 5much(m): 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2013
Naija 4 u. Wen d going is good everybody comes around.
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by Walexsammy(m): 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
Black Peni5: This is one of Nigeria's biggest problems...We always want to be given special treatment even when we are doing our Jobs.

He was paid for playing for Nigeria. Its not like he was doing charity work and now he is saying he was used.

Rubbish.
, u really talk and reason like a kid
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
[quote
author=Black
Peni5]This is one of Nigeria's biggest problems...We always want to be
given special treatment even when we are doing our Jobs.

He was paid for playing for Nigeria. Its not like he was doing charity
work and now he is saying he was used.

Rubbish.[/quote] no dont say that mister. emenike also plays for his
club and he gets paid an higher sum of money, but still, read his
testimonial about how his club cared for him. Didnt keshi protest his views about the treatment NFF gave him? and we all rallied round him, even blaming NFF, some issues are beyond money. Again thats why its hard
to be a patriotic Nigerian. a common call would have assuaged this
players emotion. And please change ur signature, it could be why u are
spewing junk.
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by delors(m): 6:20pm On Mar 15, 2013
dulaman: This Osaze Odewinge of a guy. cant you just stop complaining?
Aboki u drink sepe? Abi na madness? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2013
Black Peni5: This is one of Nigeria's biggest problems...We always want to be given special treatment even when we are doing our Jobs.

Rubbish.
my friend you sound so stupid
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by Rossikk(m): 6:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
kcjazz: A player wins golden shoe for Nigeria to help clinch first trophy in 19 years, got injured while playing for Nigeria and people are talking about money? How much was given to them in the first place? 100million from Dangote and you think each person got 50 million? 22 players, coaches, gazillion NFF bosses to share even 500 million amounts to nothing if you can't give a simple call to ask him how he is doing. Where is Keshi's land in Abuja from US 94?

In the same interview, his club that pays him weekly even when he was playing for Nigeria was praised for their support. Spartak pays Emenike even more than what Nigeria would do/will do/had done dollar for dollar.
Ever heard of man management? and you think Maurihno or Fergie are loved by players because of money? Whether you are a policeman, ex soldier or footballer when it comes to life it is the little things that matter and not money. Today it is Emenike, tommorow it will be another and one day it will be you. Karma!

If all the money and plots of land he received are ''unimportant'' why doesn't he return it all in disgust?

Since he didn't get a ''phone call''?

Afterall there are many in Nigeria who would love a pinch of that ''tiny little thing'' he got from Nigerians.

BUFFOON.
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by tolasquare(m): 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2013
Dat's very bad.
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by kcjazz(m): 6:48pm On Mar 15, 2013
[/quote]
Rossikk:

If all the money and plots of land he received are ''unimportant'' why doesn't he return it all in disgust?

Since he didn't get a ''phone call''?

Afterall there are many in Nigeria who would love a pinch of that ''tiny little thing'' he got from Nigerians.

BUFFOON.

Why should he return money that was given to him while in service to his country? You think if Dangote makes 1 million dollars on a bad market day he would return it in disgust cos he is worth 16 billion? WTH!
Does America pay its soldiers who fight for them? Yes! So why do they still honor them and show so much respect it if is about doing their job?

To you it is a just a phone call and that is the problem because it isn't about a call it is about human decency, respect and care. He is not asking for Nigerians to call him, he is asking for his coach to show his human side and You can't buy that with money, if racist Spartak Russians are doing that then it is a shame to us as Africans.

1 Like

Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by Edoboy1(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
Shey dis na wetin Osazee dey talk be this? Ok. I reserve my comment.
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by Edoboy1(m): 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2013
ur sense is at the back of ur head and ur eyes can't see well obviously.....did u see Osazee's name there?
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by jay2k(m): 7:50pm On Mar 15, 2013

Rubbish.
u c hw u reason wit spinal cord for lack of brain tissues..y didnt keshi called u to play or send in dose money u tink u paid him to play for nigeria so dis rubish u vomited updea is d reason y emenike of all d players shud be treated dat way...imbesil u r an ingrate for sopotin keshi on dis..nd i bet u such tratment must reach u or any of ur loved one...baggar
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2013

Rubbish.
e be like say Life don frustrate U hence ur thought!!!

Motivation is beyond money....... Emenike is well versed enough to reply u ab-initio by saying ''tis not all about Money''.......that's a sensible and patriotic Nigerian!!!

BlackDi....ck no wonder ur username,whats more RUBBISH than that......DIMGBAT!!!!
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by ceejay80s(m): 8:01pm On Mar 15, 2013

Rubbish.
was he paid to be injured or to play, i no blame u
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by NosaHenry(m): 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2013
You should know that this is Naija. I can assure you that when it is time for us to forget Keshi we will not hesitate grin
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by ceejay80s(m): 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
Okija_juju: Is he a learner?!

Let him ask the following Nigerian players wetin dem take their eye see;

1. Joseph Dosu (Olympic Gold Medalist & Nigerian F.A Cup winner)

2. Yekini Rashidi

u 4get Samuel Okwaraji
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by Gpattern(m): 8:14pm On Mar 15, 2013

Rubbish.

Guy my oga at the top said you should shut up.
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by ceejay80s(m): 8:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
Edoboy1: Shey dis na wetin Osazee dey talk be this? Ok. I reserve my comment.
shebi, many of una here for koboland say osazee na windbag/noise maker
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by Bishopkingc: 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2013
Everybody wants to be treated with some respect. Atleast he deserves a lot to be given respect because he played like a warrior.
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by Afam4eva(m): 9:41pm On Mar 15, 2013

Rubbish.
[size=14pt]Nigeria is not a club but a country. people don't play for their country because of the money they're been paid else they'll opt for a country that will pay them better. Does Nigeria pay them better than than their clubs? yet these players leave the same club sides to honour their nation and if they don't, people like you will call them unpatriotic.[/size]
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by sambos994(m): 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
I don't get it, wasn't he injured?
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by bopeyemi14(m): 12:14am On Mar 16, 2013
Haaaa,,,,,sorry my bro...but 2 say d fact it's rilly unfair...cos only 1 day he didn't play wh is d final day can't u observed dat we rilly missd him alot on d pitch....God will cure u very soon..
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by KingOmarion(m): 1:04am On Mar 16, 2013
‎​₪a Ѡå̝Ђ O°˚˚˚ which kin gramma b this?cure na sickness chaii...
b_opeyemi14: Haaaa,,,,,sorry my bro...but 2 say d fact it's rilly unfair...cos only 1 day he didn't play wh is d final day can't u observed dat we rilly missd him alot on d pitch....God will cure u very soon..
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by MANOSUB(m): 2:05am On Mar 16, 2013
Are you okay?
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by balladin: 6:14am On Mar 16, 2013

Rubbish.
Thank you sir. You've spoken well. Should he even be speaking to the press about his coach? Internal issues are best settled internally. There goes our new super eagles. With players like this, we'll soon go back to rock bottom.
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by balladin: 6:28am On Mar 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]Nigeria is not a club but a country. people don't play for their country because of the money they're been paid else they'll opt for a country that will pay them better. Does Nigeria pay them better than than their clubs? yet these players leave the same club sides to honour their nation and if they don't, people like you will call them unpatriotic.[/size]
Afam, don't you think he's going about it wrongly? He shouldn't be singing to the world if he has issues with the coach, what about talking to the captain? I thought they said part of the reason they won the cup was the unity and family spirit in the team. While I agree keshi missed it, Emenike is escalating the matter by starting a fight with the coach in public. As far as I'm concerned, we don't need the information Emenike is feeding us with. It is easy to whip up sentiments with such statements and expectedly he's getting nairaland sympathies already, while the coach is now being called names.
Re: Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me by hassey(m): 6:47am On Mar 16, 2013
Ummmm emenike is angry cus is was not invited for d next qualifier game. This is a question which should b asking ourselfs ater afcon did he stay back for nigeria to take kia of him? Ofcos no, cus he travel back immediatly so wat do u xpect, will keshi and nff travel to is base to c him? And wat apen if keshi try called him and d number is not connecting. Am sure we knw ao must of ds guy change dere line cus dey dont want ppl to b disturbing dem. Emenike should calm down cus he av already won a shirt in eagle. But am sure his fear is for another person to not take is stand in eagle. Eminike should not b selfish and disrespectful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alanyaspor Celebrates Omeruo's 23rd Birthday (Pics) / Messi: It Would Have Been Humiliating If Nigeria Eliminated Us From World Cup / 3 Football Giants Celebrate Their Birthday On 5th Of February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.