Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters (23857 Views)

Screenshot On How Nigerians Reacted To M I, On Twitter For Calling FFK A Joke! / Nigerians Blast Seyi Shay On Twitter For Meeting GEJ In A Too Revealing Outfit / Malawian Fan Blasts Davido On Twitter For Charging $80k Per Show, Davido Replies (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by BashToks: 2:16am On Mar 16, 2013
deshclones:

U r very insipid nd outright foolish...who are you dat u will refer to a living person as a failure..thunder fire ur mouth nd d scruffy hands u used in typing this jargons,,..u can't make ur points without hurling insults..go to google,type ruggedman..then type ur insignificant name nd see what pops up..yet u stay in dat non ventilated dimly lighted room u call home nd type rubbish..foolish fool.

Warrisdis!!??
Kilon gbe kilo ju
U be Ruggedy blood brother
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 16, 2013
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by myOGAonTOP: 3:00am On Mar 16, 2013
Thats why mode9 is His oga at the top. Dazz all
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 3:04am On Mar 16, 2013
Jarus:

His 'wait, wait' wasn't ego but defence mechanism. He had to be defending with 'wait, wait' to avoid further pushing.

I dunno but I don't agree that the journalists push him too far. Haba, I actually felt they were gentle with him. The programme was about Job racketeering and how to avoid being scammed by applying to the wrong website. So you can imagine the shock when it was obvious he had no answer, the journalist were beyond shocked. sensed an opening and went for the kill. Abeg enough of incompetence, The presenters were blameless in my view.

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 16, 2013
what's with all of these twitter beefs? undecided
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by binhozie(m): 4:21am On Mar 16, 2013
Sorry but the only people out for cheap publicity were the Channel TV guys. Funny enough I expressed these same views to a friend and he concurred. Didn't know someone else saw with me
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by ziccoit: 5:08am On Mar 16, 2013
portage: If Nigeria likes to copy everything foreign...i suppose it is good for our journalists to copy the likes of CNN, Channel 5 (in the UK) on how to make our so called leaders look uncomfortable sometimes.
This guy in the interview is a leader in his own capacity. Therefore, he has been exposed as somebody that does not know much about what is going on in his workplace. A very simple I DO NOT KNOW or I can not answer that would have been the best answer and shut these Channells tv crew!!!
Maybe people should watch HARDTALK, THE BIG QUESTION (on Sundays in UK) or Andrew Marr (on Sundays in UK too. We need to understand how freedom of speech works. People need to see how ill informed the people we charge to lead us (our leaders)truly are. Most of them are not just worth stepping out of their house, let alone lead an organization if you ask me.
Whenever you are called out to be interviewed, it is important that you need to be a step ahead of those journalists by making them look stupid instead of you being interviewed. SIMPLE. angry angry

We arrange things in Nigeria now. With appropriate money changing hands, an interviewer would have hinted the person what and what questions he would be asked and not be asked.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 16, 2013
I will blame it on the Federal Govt. and EFCC....

In other countries, govt. encourage people to use internet both old and young. But in our country the case is different.
EFCC has destroyed cyber cafe business with the excuse of looking for yahoo yahoo.
Most people browse with phone in Nigeria. I can confirm to you that this man "Oga at the top" only uses his phone to browse 2GO; thats why he dint know their website.
This is a big shame for our govt that pay this man salary.

My personal research has shown that only 20% of Nigerians use PC or lap top (cyber cafe or personal) for internet. And more than 80% browse with phone.
In 2000 there r more than 10 cyber cafe in my area but today no more.
Kenya is at the top of IT in Africa but majority r too poor to own a PC. They go to Cyber cafe not phone or 2GO browsing.

What im trying to say is that; govt should encourage small scale business like cyber cafe rather than destroying the industry by EFCC and hungry police.
Im sure GEJ himself is not better than this "oga at the top".
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by ocelot2006(m): 5:12am On Mar 16, 2013
Dyt: Oops
Daz all?

I'm not sure. I'll have to confirm with my Oga at the top, because he may say something else.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by eriegua83: 5:57am On Mar 16, 2013
Has your seriousness in life placed you above DANGOTE? Has it increased you?
cr7lomo.:

U c urself. Smh 4u. Beta b srs wit ur lyf, u nt gettin any younger

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by naptu2: 5:58am On Mar 16, 2013
If the guest had simply said he did not know, things would not have gotten this far. The problem is, he tried to deceive the interview panel (and thus deceive Nigerians) and for a public official, that's not good enough.

It was his attempt to deceive that prompted the Channels TV crew to keep asking the question (because they wanted clarification).

Watch the BBC interview with Michael Howard the I will post in a minute. Michael Howard was repeatedly asked "did you threaten to overrule him". He didn't attempt to deceive, rather he outrightly refused to answer the question.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by fairygeh(f): 6:01am On Mar 16, 2013
In as much as the oga at the top thing is hilarious,as I was watching the video,it was so evident that the Channels TV Reporters just wanted to ridicule him.Haba,even a kid would know the man didn't know the question,they should have saved him the embarrasment and move forward to another question.But wait o,I cannot categorically say that I am right with what I just said,I don't want to say something now and my oga at the top will say something else,let me consult my oga at the top first.BRB
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by naptu2: 6:01am On Mar 16, 2013
naptu2: "Did you threaten to overrule him?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwlsd8RAoqI
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by sniperwolf(m): 6:02am On Mar 16, 2013
@RuggedyBaba If you've wached Amanpour, HardTALK, and Quest Means Business, you would know that the @Channels_TV crew did not act unprofessionally. Modern journalism are known to ask the hard question. You can't fault anybody for not being aware of what happens in your organization where public funds are consumed.
"To live in a world without becoming aware of the world is like wandering about in a great library without touching the books"... Dan Brown
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 16, 2013
deshclones:

U r very insipid nd outright foolish...who are you dat u will refer to a living person as a failure..thunder fire ur mouth nd d scruffy hands u used in typing this jargons,,..u can't make ur points without hurling insults..go to google,type ruggedman..then type ur insignificant name nd see what pops up..yet u stay in dat non ventilated dimly lighted room u call home nd type rubbish..foolish fool.
U MUST BE RUGGED MAN
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 16, 2013
(YAAAAAAWN) A CASE OF THE BLIND SUPPORTING THE DUMB
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 16, 2013
[size=13pt]Why should anyone feel sorry for someone who voluntarily opened his mouth to be foolish? Did you all forget Sarah Palin? No one blamed her interviewer. Instead, Palin was held accountable for not doing her homework. If you agree to an interview, then you go there prepared. Interviewers are not there to make anyone look a certain way. The link of your employer's website isn't rocket science. If you don't know it, then say "I don't know. I'll get back to you". End of discussion! He kept running his mouth like he knew, which is why the journalists kept asking. No one was trying to make that man look stupid. He did that by himself.

Ruggedman is out of his mind.[/size]

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by segend(m): 6:24am On Mar 16, 2013
I am with the presenters on this. The purpose of the interview was to clear the air about fake website use to scam job seekers, and provide people with the real website, am sure he was aware of this, he should have checked before going for the interview.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by amunekeuto: 6:31am On Mar 16, 2013
Alpacheners: Really unprofessional
we should remember the topic and the flow of the interview. the commandant said there were many fake websites for nscdc. that fraudsters set up such fake web sites to defraud applicants. that applicants who visit such wrong websites cannot blame nscdc. that was when he was asked for the real or correct website of nscdc. we should for once be bold and place the blame on the incompetent commandant.

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by tanimz(f): 6:32am On Mar 16, 2013
Nigerians too like wahala sef.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Stallion84(m): 6:41am On Mar 16, 2013
It breaks my heart when our generation don't look beyond what is actually wrong and regard everything as a joke. When they attribute a societal failure to personal misfortune. How many people bothered to watch the whole length of the program and comment on how the gentleman was eloquent and sound in giving answers to the operational questions asked. The answers shows he actually knows his job role and was able to enlighten the public on what civil defense is all about, the role in the society, operations and a whole lot more. Even Bill Gates cannot answer all questions about microsoft. It is agreed that his method of evading the question was rather immature, but the Channels crew member made a whole mess of the whole program as if the guest was nothing.
We are talking professional journalism here and that is not how it is done. Is it that all Generals in Nigeria know the Nigeria Army website?? Does that make them less a general? The sarcasm shown by the crew in the repeating a wrong answer was directed for public molestation. It is wrong. No one is an omniscient and for a guest that has done well so far, he doesn't deserve how he was treated. Channels tv did not re-broadcast where he answered their questions professionally, rather they chose to cut a clip of ridicule and tweet around.
I don't expect most people to agree with me here because the hilarious part has clouded their judgement but channels crew needs to tender an apology.

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by gbadexy(m): 6:52am On Mar 16, 2013
Jarus:

His 'wait, wait' wasn't ego but defence mechanism. He had to be defending with 'wait, wait' to avoid further pushing.
I agree with you.
I didn't watch the clip but saying "wait" is a delaying tactics. That's a defense mechanism.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by hayoakins(m): 6:53am On Mar 16, 2013
Am not a fan of Ruggedman but he's damn right about #MyOga@dTop presenters, they were unprofesional, why repeat a question your guest can't answer thrice?Dem just wan disgrace am..guest won't accept ChannelsTV' Invitation as they used to anymore.

The fear of ChannelsTV is the beginning of wisdom, you gats do your home work or request for question paper before being interviewed... cheesy

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Okijajuju1(m): 6:58am On Mar 16, 2013
portage: If Nigeria likes to copy everything foreign...i suppose it is good for our journalists to copy the likes of CNN, Channel 5 (in the UK) on how to make our so called leaders look uncomfortable sometimes.
This guy in the interview is a leader in his own capacity. Therefore, he has been exposed as somebody that does not know much about what is going on in his workplace. A very simple I DO NOT KNOW or I can not answer that would have been the best answer and shut these Channells tv crew!!!
Maybe people should watch HARDTALK, THE BIG QUESTION (on Sundays in UK) or Andrew Marr (on Sundays in UK too. We need to understand how freedom of speech works. People need to see how ill informed the people we charge to lead us (our leaders)truly are. Most of them are not just worth stepping out of their house, let alone lead an organization if you ask me.
Whenever you are called out to be interviewed, it is important that you need to be a step ahead of those journalists by making them look stupid instead of you being interviewed. SIMPLE. angry angry

[b]Na wah o!

When I read things like this, I start to wonder...

Let us get this matter back into perspective. The man attended an interview that was organised to clear up the air on the recruitment scams that has rocked the organisation that he is in charge of. I am very certain that this must have been made known to him prior to attending the interview. Now I would expect that someone who is coming for such interview would have the following ammo in his arsenal;

1. The way and manner in which these scams have been operating.

2. How to avoid getting roped into such scams.

3. What to do when you find out you have been a victim of such a scam.

4. The numbers to call to report such scams.

5. The scam websites (if any) and how to detect and avoid them.

6. The legit website for job applicants to use and the security features on the website to look out for.

Now things like the function of his organisation, the steps they have taken to curb this scam, those arrested in connection with the scam, e.t.c should all be second nature to him.

So he comes on the interview poorly prepared. He didn't answer any questions that he was asked without first deflecting it and sending on to his 'Oga at the top'. He failed to clear up the primary reason for attending the interview which is to solve the employment scandal riddle. Then when pushed to tell the website of his organisation, a question that would have solved virtually everything, he decided to act like a charlatan. If you are focused on the goof, then you are lost. It went beyond the goof. This is as bad as the head of PPPRA being unable to tell us how much the official pump price of petroleum products currently is. That man looked highly unqualified for his position.

The journalists that you are criticising did their jobs. Don't forget that they were acting on behalf of the masses and if that man were in public, he would have gotten worse. Where it would have been unprofessional would have been if the man said; 'I am not too certain about it right now, let me get back to you on that', and still the reporters kept prodding. [/b]

You guys need to focus.. That man is representative of a failed civil service. I have told you here about the P.R.O of the Nigerian Police at Zone 6 Calabar who didn't know what a 'Police Character report' was or how to get it. Don't forget that Zone 6 police station is a Zonal HQ o! He even tried to defraud me by asking me to pay him to write me a letter of recommendation. If I didn't know what it was I was looking for, I would have been scammed. How does a clueless Moro.n become the head of an organisation in Nigeria!?

Please! If anybody should be facing criticism, it should be the "Ogas at the top" for employing such fucktards. Imagine if it were a solo individual that approached that man in private, what kind of information would he give that person!?

Abegi.. Let's all laugh at the matter jor! If it were a truly civilised country, by now, that man would be facing series of verification panels to check his suitability for the position he occupies. That interview might as well have been on CNN. that man embarrassed the Nation. [/b]

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 16, 2013
pro01: I somewhat agree with Ruggedman. When it became evident that Mr. Oga tò wa lõ oké did not know the NSCDC website, the point - from the general perspective - had already been made, and the viewing public had already taken note of his ignorance. The interviewers did not have to rub it in. That reeks of unprofessionalism, in my opinion.
true!
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by naptu2: 7:02am On Mar 16, 2013
Stallion84: It breaks my heart when our generation don't look beyond what is actually wrong and regard everything as a joke. When they attribute a societal failure to personal misfortune. How many people bothered to watch the whole length of the program and comment on how the gentleman was eloquent and sound in giving answers to the operational questions asked. The answers shows he actually knows his job role and was able to enlighten the public on what civil defense is all about, the role in the society, operations and a whole lot more. Even Bill Gates cannot answer all questions about microsoft. It is agreed that his method of evading the question was rather immature, but the Channels crew member made a whole mess of the whole program as if the guest was nothing.
We are talking professional journalism here and that is not how it is done. Is it that all Generals in Nigeria know the Nigeria Army website?? Does that make them less a general? The sarcasm shown by the crew in the repeating a wrong answer was directed for public molestation. It is wrong. No one is an omniscient and for a guest that has done well so far, he doesn't deserve how he was treated. Channels tv did not re-broadcast where he answered their questions professionally, rather they chose to cut a clip of ridicule and tweet around.
I don't expect most people to agree with me here because the hilarious part has clouded their judgement but channels crew needs to tender an apology.

1) What was the topic of that segment of the show? Was it about the NSCDC website? If it was about fake websites (and the commandant knew the topic before agreeing to be interviewed) don't you think he should have prepared and known the correct website address?

3) With hindsight we know that the commandant did not know the web address, but his attempt at deceiving the interviewers at the time created the impression that he did not understand the question, which was why the interviewers kept trying to clarify and simplify the question for him. When he said "one", it created the impression that there were more than one websites, so the interviewers tried to make him know the website they were asking about.

The interview panel were blameless. They merely did their job (excellently). This whole issue was brought about by Mr Shem's attempt to deceive. If he didn't know, he should have simply said "I don't know" or "I'm not authorised to disclose". The matter would have ended there.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 16, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Na wah o!

When I read things like this, I start to wonder...

Let us get this matter back into perspective. The man attended an interview that was organised to clear up the air on the recruitment scams that has rocked the organisation that he is in charge of. I am very certain that this must have been made known to him prior to attending the interview. Now I would expect that someone who is coming for such interview would have the following ammo in his arsenal;

1. The way and manner in which these scams have been operating.

2. How to avoid getting roped into such scams.

3. What to do when you find out you have been a victim of such a scam.

4. The numbers to call to report such scams.

5. The scam websites (if any) and how to detect and avoid them.

6. The legit website for job applicants to use and the security features on the website to look out for.

Now things like the function of his organisation, the steps they have taken to curb this scam, those arrested in connection with the scam, e.t.c should all be second nature to him.

So he comes on the interview poorly prepared. He didn't answer any questions that he was asked without first deflecting it and sending on to his 'Oga at the top'. He failed to clear up the primary reason for attending the interview which is to solve the employment scandal riddle. Then when pushed to tell the website of his organisation, a question that would have solved virtually everything, he decided to act like a charlatan. If you are focused on the goof, then you are lost. It went beyond the goof. This is as bad as the head of PPPRA being unable to tell us how much the official pump price of petroleum products currently is. That man looked highly unqualified for his position.

The journalists that you are criticising did their jobs. Don't forget that they were acting on behalf of the masses and if that man were in public, he would have gotten worse. Where it would have been unprofessional would have been if the man said; 'I am not too certain about it right now, let me get back to you on that', and still the reporters kept prodding. [/b]

You guys need to focus.. That man is representative of a failed civil service. I have told you here about the P.R.O of the Nigerian Police at Zone 6 Calabar who didn't know what a 'Police Character report' was or how to get it. Don't forget that Zone 6 police station is a Zonal HQ o! He even tried to defraud me by asking me to pay him to write me a letter of recommendation. If I didn't know what it was I was looking for, I would have been scammed. How does a clueless Moro.n become the head of an organisation in Nigeria!?

Please! If anybody should be facing criticism, it should be the "Ogas at the top" for employing such fucktards. Imagine if it were a solo individual that approached that man in private, what kind of information would he give that person!?

Abegi.. Let's all laugh at the matter jor! If it were a truly civilised country, by now, that man would be facing series of verification panels to check his suitability for the position he occupies. That interview might as well have been on CNN. that man embarrassed the Nation. [/b]

but u know there's not much difference between the man and jona ? jona's cringeworthy performances on camera come after serious prepping. left to his wn devices your oga fresh air would be even worse
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by kontrolbaba(m): 7:04am On Mar 16, 2013
Jeeeeeeez! Wats this OGA AT THE TOP shit self? If I shud hear anybody talk about that again, I will make sure I report him/she to my oga KPA-TA-KPATA.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by naptu2: 7:05am On Mar 16, 2013
And remember, it wasn't just the interview panel that he was attempting to deceive, it was the viewing public. Nigerians! Tax payers. For a public official, that's simply not good enough.

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by cr7lomo: 7:07am On Mar 16, 2013
eriegua83: Has your seriousness in life placed you above DANGOTE? Has it increased you?

I wil nt disclose ma financial status or hu I am and I dnt hv 2 b dangote b4 I declare maself as a successful person. GOD has blessd me abundantly because I bliv in him and I dnt folo d crowd

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by blueeyes1: 7:10am On Mar 16, 2013
Totally agree with Ruggedman. Those presenters just ridiculed d man,it was obvious he didn't kno it,so why make a show out of it? Mtcheeew
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by cr7lomo: 7:12am On Mar 16, 2013
[quote author=naptu2][/quote]

1st of all check d meanin of infamous in ur dictionary cos u obviously dnt no d minin den 2ndly check d reason y d interview was taggd "infamous"

Between Adeniyi Johnson And An Instagram Beggar (Hilarious Conversation) / Flavour's 2 Daughters Hugging Each Other / Janet Jackson Is Getting Fat

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78