Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters (23859 Views)

Screenshot On How Nigerians Reacted To M I, On Twitter For Calling FFK A Joke! / Nigerians Blast Seyi Shay On Twitter For Meeting GEJ In A Too Revealing Outfit / Malawian Fan Blasts Davido On Twitter For Charging $80k Per Show, Davido Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by fitzmayowa: 7:16am On Mar 16, 2013
Trying to revive a dying career...SMH

1 Like

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by invectives(m): 7:20am On Mar 16, 2013
Now i Know why Mode9 said Ruggedman has 'Intellect Myopia'.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by cr7lomo: 7:26am On Mar 16, 2013
Stallion84: It breaks my heart when our generation don't look beyond what is actually wrong and regard everything as a joke. When they attribute a societal failure to personal misfortune. How many people bothered to watch the whole length of the program and comment on how the gentleman was eloquent and sound in giving answers to the operational questions asked. The answers shows he actually knows his job role and was able to enlighten the public on what civil defense is all about, the role in the society, operations and a whole lot more. Even Bill Gates cannot answer all questions about microsoft. It is agreed that his method of evading the question was rather immature, but the Channels crew member made a whole mess of the whole program as if the guest was nothing.
We are talking professional journalism here and that is not how it is done. Is it that all Generals in Nigeria know the Nigeria Army website?? Does that make them less a general? The sarcasm shown by the crew in the repeating a wrong answer was directed for public molestation. It is wrong. No one is an omniscient and for a guest that has done well so far, he doesn't deserve how he was treated. Channels tv did not re-broadcast where he answered their questions professionally, rather they chose to cut a clip of ridicule and tweet around.
I don't expect most people to agree with me here because the hilarious part has clouded their judgement but channels crew needs to tender an apology.

I totally agree wit u dats y I tink nigeria has d highest number of comedians. We r neva srs in all we do. I can bet dat most nairalanders dat r makin fun of dis guy hv neva heard of NSCDC b4 d whole wahala on channels. If u hv a real degree in psychology or u watch documentaries on psychology , u wud easily know dat dey ridiculd d man as soon as dey knew d man was gettin confusd on dat question which is typical nigerian style. Lookin 4 ppl 2 mk fun of regardless of d situation or environment

1 Like

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by whiteeyes: 7:26am On Mar 16, 2013
Pls for correctional purposes, those presenters were /stilll are the worst set I've known in journalism. Of course Ruggedman is right, as a journalist I can tell Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ all that modern day journalism does not seek to embarass a guest as such..mooreover, a presenter is meant to make a guest comfortable n homely not to embarass. By the way, the questiion should be, does the officer perform effectively at his primary assignment or not? Not an attack on very trivial matters, aftersll, the ICT dept. Is there.again, iam highly dissappointed at Channels TV, there interest is selfish, only trying to make the station relevant. AIT remains the best in such analysis but they don't embarass n ridicule their guests in such manners! That channels TV will sink very soon like TItanic!

2 Likes

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by DualCore1: 7:30am On Mar 16, 2013
Interview turned interrogation.
I don't see the sense in rubbing it in if they where not out to take advantage of the loophole in the guy's knowledge and gave him max punishment.

The first two times he failed, it should have been left at that... we have gotten the message already.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Lusola15: 7:33am On Mar 16, 2013
38 NLs still can't tell me nigerias website. Let dis matter rest
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by JUO(m): 7:36am On Mar 16, 2013
ah
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by poisonivy19(f): 7:39am On Mar 16, 2013
D guy acted like he knew d website,he was so confident wit d whole wait!wait!,nd as presenters dey were only tryng their best to get it out of him for d masses sake,incase we ve a need for it.so pls dnt blame it on d presenters.evn dey m sure,were nt expectng him to miss a questn as easy as dat.rugged man shud just shut his trap,cos he has spoken his mind so mny tym bt we can't still hear him.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by whiteeyes: 7:40am On Mar 16, 2013
Pls for correctional purposes, those presenters were /stilll are the worst set I've known in journalism. Of course Ruggedman is right, as a journalist I can tell Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ all that modern day journalism does not seek to embarass a guest as such..mooreover, a presenter is meant to make a guest comfortable n homely not to embarass. By the way, the questiion should be, does the officer perform effectively at his primary assignment or not? Not an attack on very trivial matters, aftersll, the ICT dept. Is there.again, iam highly dissappointed at Channels TV, there interest is selfish, only trying to make the station relevant. AIT remains the best in such analysis but they don't embarass n ridicule their guests in such manners! That channels TV will sink very soon like TItanic!

@Stallion84, iam glad that an intelligent viewpoint has been analysed. We must move beyond these "self-destructive" syndrome. I believe Channels Tv presenters should be re-traied on the basic rudiments of Presentation. Period!
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 16, 2013
whiteeyes: Pls for correctional purposes, those presenters were /stilll are the worst set I've known in journalism. Of course Ruggedman is right, as a journalist I can tell Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ all that modern day journalism does not seek to embarass a guest as such..mooreover, a presenter is meant to make a guest comfortable n homely not to embarass. By the way, the questiion should be, does the officer perform effectively at his primary assignment or not? Not an attack on very trivial matters, aftersll, the ICT dept. Is there.again, iam highly dissappointed at Channels TV, there interest is selfish, only trying to make the station relevant. AIT remains the best in such analysis but they don't embarass n ridicule their guests in such manners! That channels TV will sink very soon like TItanic!

@Stallion84, iam glad that an intelligent viewpoint has been analysed. We must move beyond these "self-destructive" syndrome. I believe Channels Tv presenters should be re-traied on the basic rudiments of Presentation. Period!

ma'am do u work for AIT? or has ur own oga at the top sent u here?
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 16, 2013
This oga on top matter has been over rated and this goes to show how jobless many Nigerians are. No matter how funny the man sounded this issue shouldn't have gotten to this stage after few days after the interview I taught it has died down only for me to start seeing pics of oga on top everywhere, this made me to believe that there are some haters of this man who are pushing for his downfall. Let's all stop this shit and give this man a breathing space. He is an old man and in his days internet was not reachable as it is this days and whatever one didn't do in your youth, it will be hard to know it in your old age.

2 Likes

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by whiteeyes: 7:53am On Mar 16, 2013
poison ivy19: D guy acted like he knew d website,he was so confident wit d whole wait!wait!,nd as presenters dey were only tryng their best to get it out of him for d masses sake,incase we ve a need for it.so pls dnt blame it on d presenters.evn dey m sure,were nt expectng him to miss a questn as easy as dat.rugged man shud just shut his trap,cos he has spoken his mind so mny tym bt we can't still hear him.

Not true М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ dear! As a good presenter, after phrasing and re-phrasing a question, and not getting a probably anticipated response, Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ have the power to safe the situation from further aggravation, it is basic presentation skills. There is however an exception to every rule
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by denzel2009: 7:57am On Mar 16, 2013
If he had just put .com to his imaginary website, things wouldn't have gone this far.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Reptyle(m): 7:58am On Mar 16, 2013
Crap journalism most definitely. The guy goofed by not saying he does not know. But the journalists should have stopped grilling the man when it became obvious he did not have the required answer.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by tpapi: 7:59am On Mar 16, 2013
Am not a fan of rugged but rugged is spot on concernin dis issue,is obvious d guy does not know d website so y stil continue to make fun of him n ridicule him on a live tv programme of over 100 million views,it simply shows unprofessionalism on d part of channels tv staff

1 Like

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Lusola15: 7:59am On Mar 16, 2013
gboss4sure: This oga on top matter has been over rated and this goes to show how jobless many Nigerians are. No matter how funny the man sounded this issue shouldn't have gotten to this stage after few days after the interview I taught it has died down only for me to start seeing pics of oga on top everywhere, this made me to believe that there are some haters of this man who are pushing for his downfall. Let's all stop this shit and give this man a breathing space. He is an old man and in his days internet was not reachable as it is this days and whatever one didn't do in your youth, it will be hard to know it in your old age.

100%
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Policewoman(f): 8:04am On Mar 16, 2013
Please let's free the man. Some of y'all criticizing him can't even make a correct sentence in English.

1 Like

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 16, 2013
[size=13pt]Smh.[/size]
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Fadelex(m): 8:07am On Mar 16, 2013
whiteeyes: Pls for correctional purposes, those presenters were /stilll are the worst set I've known in journalism. Of course Ruggedman is right, as a journalist I can tell Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ all that modern day journalism does not seek to embarass a guest as such..mooreover, a presenter is meant to make a guest comfortable n homely not to embarass. By the way, the questiion should be, does the officer perform effectively at his primary assignment or not? Not an attack on very trivial matters, aftersll, the ICT dept. Is there.again, iam highly dissappointed at Channels TV, there interest is selfish, only trying to make the station relevant. AIT remains the best in such analysis but they don't embarass n ridicule their guests in such manners! That channels TV will sink very soon like TItanic!
For your information, Journalist is to get clarity accross to the audience not to protect a dumb ''oga @ d top'' in front of camera, they simply asked d man ''what is the website of NSCDC'' and the man started sayin incantation, he shld av simply swallowed his pride and says he didn't knw or that he will get bck to them and use d opportunity of commercials to ask his subordinates in d studio, the journalist wouldn't av done their job is they didn't get d ansa @ least he told them ww.nscdc....#coughs# dats all..... Somehow for you

3 Likes

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by whiteeyes: 8:07am On Mar 16, 2013
lrguru:

ma'am do u work for AIT? or has ur own oga at the top sent u here?

Hahaha, if I work for AIT, I would have done a better PR for the station n not the mere mention of its name.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Fadelex(m): 8:09am On Mar 16, 2013
Policewoman: Please let's free the man. Some of y'all criticizing him can't even make a correct sentence in English.
As ur name implies, policewoman trying to defend her oga @ d top, what's he doing as d commandant if he can't simply tell d audience his organisation's website?? Shame on him.... I recommend dat the oga @ d top relocate the man to training school

1 Like

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Tafugo: 8:09am On Mar 16, 2013
What's the difference between goodluck Jonathan and this man? Did any one ask Goodluck any questions before he became president?I bet GEJ will perform just as badly if he appears on crossfire
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by dollykeyz(f): 8:11am On Mar 16, 2013
Before I say anything, I av to ask my oga at the top cos I don't think rugged man knows what he is saying cos he didn't ask his oga at d top
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 16, 2013
Fadelex: For your information, Journalist is to get clarity accross to the audience not to protect a dumb ''oga @ d top'' in front of camera, they simply asked d man ''what is the website of NSCDC'' and the man started sayin incantation, he shld av simply swallowed his pride and says he didn't knw or that he will get bck to them and use d opportunity of commercials to ask his subordinates in d studio, the journalist wouldn't av done their job is they didn't get d ansa @ least he told them ww.nscdc....#coughs# dats all..... Somehow for you

Fadelex: As ur name implies, policewoman trying to defend her oga @ d top, what's he doing as d commandant if he can't simply tell d audience his organisation's website?? Shame on him.... I recommend dat the oga @ d top relocate the man to training school

[size=13pt]Gbammity gbam gbam.[/size]
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Fadelex(m): 8:14am On Mar 16, 2013
Reptyle: Crap journalism most definitely. The guy goofed by not saying he does not know. But the journalists should have stopped grilling the man when it became obvious he did not have the required answer.
Did you watch CNN when Amanpour interviewed Jonathan?? She repeatedly asked him d figure of the power generation, dats journalism, u pressed until u get ur answer cuz u'r really asking those questions on behalf of the viewers

1 Like

Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by TimAllen: 8:18am On Mar 16, 2013
FlirtyKaren: All sorts of abuse one can get has been thrown at Ruggedman today after he took to Twitter 5 hours ago to scold the ChannelsTv reporters for putting Commandant Shem through such an embarrassing moment.

In Ruggedman's opinion: The unruly way the presenters handled the situation goes against modern journalism. And as an artiste, he's highly disappointed at those presenters.

Read his tweets below and the nasty replies he got and let's know if you agree with Ruggedman or his abusers.

Meanwhile, *chuckles* after tweeting his opinion on the #ogaatthetop matter, and the abuses started coming in, Ruggedman started tweeting links to his upcoming tours and music. RuggedyBaba wasn't shaken at alllll.

More - http://www.lailasblog.com/2013/03/ruggedman-gets-abused-big-time-on.html

He's just looking for cheap attention.....
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by tpapi: 8:18am On Mar 16, 2013
Tafugo: What's the difference between goodluck Jonathan and this man? Did any one ask Goodluck any questions before he became president?I bet GEJ will perform just as badly if he appears on crossfire
thunder fire u,u don't even speak better english than gej
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by toluene12: 8:20am On Mar 16, 2013
cr7lomo.:

1st of all check d meanin of infamous in ur dictionary cos u obviously dnt no d minin den 2ndly check d reason y d interview was taggd "infamous"

About JEREMY PAXMAN
Jeremy Dickson Paxman(the interviewer) is an English journalist, author and broadcaster. He has worked for the BBC since 1977, and is known for his forthright and abrasive interviewing style, particularly when interrogating political office holders. His regular appearances on the BBC2's Newsnight programme have been criticised as aggressive, intimidating and condescending, and also applauded as tough and incisive.

One of paxman's greatest clip was his interview with chloe smith, a junior minister in the treasury department. Jeremy Paxman likes nothing more than the opportunity to grill a poorly briefed junior minister who has been dumped in it by her boss.
She was put up by the Treasury to explain why the government had been so implacably opposed to delaying the fuel duty rise on Monday but had reversed gear so rapidly on Tuesday. chloe was seriously ridiculed by paxman and Senior politicians, including John Prescott and Nadine Dorries questioned Osborne's(treasury minister) judgement for sending a junior minister onto the programme in place of himself
(watch the video on youtube):Paxman interviews hapless minister Chloe Smith on Newsnight 26.06.2012 - Excruciating to watch
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bddWaHuxTzc - 206k

But Smith is not the first and certainly not the last to have felt the discomfort of being asked the same unanswerable question over and over again by Paxman.

The most FAMOUS is Paxo's interview with MICHAEL HOWARD in which he asked the then home secretary the same question 12 times over the dismissal of the governor of Parkhurst Prison, John Marriott. The interview in 1997 did DAMAGE Howards reputation and STALLED HIS POLITICAL AMBITION, although he did eventually become leader of the Conservative Party in 2004 but lost the 2005 General Election to Tony Blair. After that he decided to retire from politics and I suspect that this interview will haunt him for years to come.
source:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Paxman
www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jun/27/jeremy-paxmans-greatest
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by rhymz(m): 8:21am On Mar 16, 2013
Rugged has a very valid point there. From the way those young presenters kept on with thesame questions and the grimace on their face showed some drama that realy was not needed. The man obviously did not know the website and I doubt they have a website anyway. Anyway, in situations like that I remember the former Anchors Yori Folarin and the other Lady, they were strictly professional and knew when to remove the stinging pin out of your skin.
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by cr7lomo: 8:29am On Mar 16, 2013
Fadelex:
For your information, Journalist is to get clarity accross to the audience not to protect a dumb ''oga @ d top'' in front of camera, they simply asked d man ''what is the website of NSCDC'' and the man started sayin incantation, he shld av simply swallowed his pride and says he didn't knw or that he will get bck to them and use d opportunity of commercials to ask his subordinates in d studio, the journalist wouldn't av done their job is they didn't get d ansa @ least he told them ww.nscdc....#coughs# dats all..... Somehow for you

Pls read ur post again nd identify ur grammatic errors, nd ur here lafin @ d man. I can bet dat u dnt know ur companys website , dats if u even hv a job. Dat ws mor like an interrogation and not an interview by channels crew
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by Oluwanimoroti(m): 8:32am On Mar 16, 2013
Rugged man no get sense: ow can a commandant a commission, no no der web site. Lets call a spade a spade. Oun ti o da o da
Re: Ruggedman Insulted On Twitter For Scolding Channelstv Reporters by chucky234(m): 8:34am On Mar 16, 2013
The reason commander Shem was sent to represent his corporation in the first place was to clear the air surrounding the fake website used to defraud applicants,the interview was never going to be complete without him giving the viewers the real website to save people from falling victims of fraud.
Now that he could not give us details of the genuine website of what purpose was the interview,a man occupying the post of a commander in a corporation has no excuse not to know the website of his organisation,it says a lot about the kind of people we have occupying important positions in this country and that reflects in the poor state of the nation.
A commander is suppose to access the website of his corporation daily to check for updates,intelligent people rot in the streets dying of hunger while incompetent people continue to occupy major posts in govt agencies based on "who know man" syndrome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prince Iyke Olisa And Sylvia's Wedding Photos / Hushpuppi Rants About Bloggers Not Showing The World That He Helped Someone / Between Adeniyi Johnson And An Instagram Beggar (Hilarious Conversation)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.