Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal (14760 Views)

The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) / Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE / Thousands In Senegal Protest As Court Grant Wade Right To Seek 3rd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by Davo93(m): 6:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
maasoap: This is one of the reasons why Nigerans won't see one another as brothers. Even in USA, a professor set himself ablaze while protesting. It baffles me whenever christian bigots look at common incidence like this from religious perspective once it involves muslims. Can you even count the number of Tibetans who had immolated themselves?
You must be the real bigot,, just answer this simple question: CAN YOU SET YOURSELF ABLAZE OR ADVICE YOUR SIBLINGS TO DO SAME JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO CAUSE A CHANGE?? Na ur mama i just pity coz oga at the top no go talk anitin
Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by Davo93(m): 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
vivacious vivi: Self-immolation should never be d proffered choice to getting a msg across either individually or mass action. As far as I knw, anyone who attempts this has suicidal tendencies and therefore needs psychological help. If u don't value ur bodies dat God created, who else will value it?
I no knw for them o

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by DDNICE: 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
LoveAmaka88: While I find it sad for the families who have to suffer through it, self immolation is a courageous way to protest rather than being violence towards others or destroying property. It is using your body as a sacrifice to the message you want to deliver. As you can see, we now all realize the severity of the students' plight in Dakar as a result of these acts. Instead of calling them foolish, one would hope the conversation soon turns to the deficiencies in our universities. I pray for them and the cause they espouse.
I totally agree with u. May God bless your wisdom.
Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by adekay26(m): 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
I pity those student sha. But there is no sense in hunger strike and settin oneself ablaze
Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by Artistree: 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
gunuvi:
Oh! U are very correct. Pls can you help volunteer yourself by setting yourself ablaze to send a serious message to GEJ to reverse the state pardon granted Mr(s) Alamesigha.
Pls help us na..
Send me ur account number. You deserve some coins for this.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by informatix: 9:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
Jadela:

I wonder o.
I Tire oooo
Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by ictmarket: 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
Please emphasize 3 SICK students set them selves on fire
Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by lashlarule(m): 1:30am On Mar 17, 2013
madness......anyway that is a good form of protest,to show that you are not joking grin grin
Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
LoveAmaka88: While I find it sad for the families who have to suffer through it, self immolation is a courageous way to protest rather than being violence towards others or destroying property. It is using your body as a sacrifice to the message you want to deliver. As you can see, we now all realize the severity of the students' plight in Dakar as a result of these acts. Instead of calling them foolish, one would hope the conversation soon turns to the deficiencies in our universities. I pray for them and the cause they espouse.

I look 4wad 2 d day u'll immolate ur own self, for the plight of Nigeria! I shall definitely be by by ur grave side 2 sing poems of ur stoic n brave act... Afterwards everybody dispatch 2 carry out dia daily routine like u never existed y u continue with d inferno hell offers. Nonsense
Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by blackbeau1(f): 4:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
Extremely stupid action. @ loveAmaka, how about you 'courageously' set your self ablaze over the injustice in the nigerian universities? I bet ur family will be offered nothing and the injustice would not stop.
Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by korm2me(m): 9:28pm On Mar 17, 2013
Temismith: Wat is happening? Why all dis suicide here and dere? Abi is there something about death dat we dont know? Anyway sha, they have gone to meet d oga @ d top. Rip.
Ah mama temi, they did nt die oh, u wana kil them wt ya mouth.
Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by korm2me(m): 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
gunuvi:
Oh! U are very correct. Pls can you help volunteer yourself by setting yourself ablaze to send a serious message to GEJ to reverse the state pardon granted Mr(s) Alamesigha.
Pls help us na..
you are such a pathetic clown. How does d pardon afects u. D**t
Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by modanwealth: 8:56am On Mar 18, 2013
who ever gave them d idea dat setting themselves ablaze will solve their problem?!!!modern day matyrs I guess...
Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by DaJulee(f): 11:59am On Mar 30, 2013
Jerrygotswagg: I never knew that the University Teach student are to be foolish......how human being go just set he or herself ablaze.....Chai this kind sweet life na people dey reason to die

sweet life u say? u should ask them wat they have been going through in those thier credit counting partan.
Re: 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal by modanwealth: 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
I want 2 sugest dat some well meaning Nigerians should set themselves ablaze in protest against lack of power supply and unemployment let's see if d gov. Will do somthing about it or wat do u think?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africa's Eskom Is Now World’s Biggest Sulfur Dioxide Emitter - Bloomberg / US President Biden And Ukraine's Zelensky To Meet At White House On Wednesday / Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.