Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon (11059 Views)

Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? / Victor Oladipo And Chiney Ogwumike Rise Through Olajuwon’s Legacy.. / Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

See, See...That's That Crab in a Barrel Mentality.,.....

See this that shitt im tawkin about.

Trade me off this Fhhucking Team.

whatever you say. he sees himself as an american. how does this help D tigers ??
Re: Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
shymexx:

Were they bums or not?? Answer the question, mate...

Which of them was/is a starter for any NBA team except Emeka Okafor Yinka Dare played in the D-league for almost all his career - the rest are not even worth mentioning.... Everyone knows that Olowokandi was a bust but he still had a better NBA career than all the bums you listed!!

They are/were all BUMS!!! End of story!!!

He might end up being the best African player since Olajuwon - only time will tell...

He still has Manute Bol, Nikembe Mutombo, and Serge Ibaka above him...

Did you see how improved his jump shot from last year?? And how he's a defensive machine

At worst, he'll be a Tony Allen type of player - and that's a regular and better than every other basketball player out of naija since Olajuwon... grin

Olajuwon achieved greatness, he wasn't even that great in college - he just had the raw talent and improved on it... So, who says OLadipo can't do the same

2009 NBA draft was also meant to be a "poor draft class" - but look the players who came out of that draft class:

- James Harden
- Jrue Holiday
- Stephen Curry
- Blake Griffin
- Tyreke Evans
- Ricky Rubio
- DeMar DeRozan
- Brandon Jennings
- Jordan Hill
- Ty Lawson
- Darren Collison
- Taj Gibson
- DeJuan Blair

etc etc

Most of these guys from the "poor draft class" are now franchise players and they're all starters!! Save that crap for the birds! undecided
Luol Deng is above him as well at least for the moment
Re: Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon by Afam4eva(m): 11:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
rman:

FYI I played for the senior national team of Nigeria 2003, African nations cup in egypt. and I was at the world university games in China 2002. I won't tell you more than that.
I played professionally for more than 12 years and captained a lot of teams locally.
This is an anonymous forum so I won't tell you more than that. I'm also a Yorba man.

You think you know everything, but unfortunately you know nothing and you will never find out because you are arrogant.
Are you Oyedeji?
Re: Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon by simdam500(m): 12:03am On Mar 17, 2013
Gudluck in ur career. *cant keep readin all dis stories joor
Re: Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon by Bazil(m): 3:43am On Mar 17, 2013
Man let's just wait and see so many guys were great in college but never really made any impact in the nba,and as a guard I really hope he works his assoff because competition is quite stiff at that position in the league
Re: Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon by WarriorX1: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2013
Victor Oladipo is currently ranked the top Nigerian athlete playing in College see here...http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/rankings/ncaa-male-ranking/

To be honest if we are talking strictly College basketball, I don't think he is the best since Olajuwon, guys like Ike Diogu, Emeka Okafor and Ekpe Udoh to an extent has done slightly better in College. Dont get me wrong, he has the chance to surpass these three players going into March Madness and if he raises his game in the NBA, however, he still needs to work on a lot of things in his game. I personally will say he is the most talented guard we have had ever, he is up there with Andre Iguodala and Kelenna Azubuike.
Re: Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon by okunoba(m): 4:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
@shymexx:
Olajuwon was great in college and that was the reason he was the number one draft pick and he was only a junior, chosen ahead of the great michael Jordan and charles Barkley. If only u had seen the dream in his college playing days, the guy was amazing. Olajuwon won the 1983 NCAA Tournament Player of the Year award, as a junior in college and took the cougars to two finals in three yrs.
Re: Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
okunoba: @shymexx:
Olajuwon was great in college and that was the reason he was the number one draft pick and he was only a junior, chosen ahead of the great michael Jordan and charles Barkley. If only u had seen the dream in his college playing days, the guy was amazing. Olajuwon won the 1983 NCAA Tournament Player of the Year award, as a junior in college and took the cougars to two finals in thr
Re: Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon by Bazil(m): 12:03am On Mar 18, 2013
No he is not jordan was 3rd overall!!!
Re: Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 18, 2013
Bazil: No he is not jordan was 3rd overall!!!
abunga. i just checked it
Re: Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon by rman: 9:32am On Mar 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are you Oyedeji?

Am not. But he is a very close friend of mine wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: David Alaba And His Parents / Gyms In Nigeria ? / CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.