Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,233 members, 7,829,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Please I Need Help - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please I Need Help (2824 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Help by olanajim(m): 10:18am On Mar 30, 2008
Eccentricj,
I am not too harsh on Emma. I was being blunt and straightforward in my assessment of fact. I am a man so I know what it take when choosing a life partner.

In life, choosing a life partner is a gamble. You study the situation and then pick the best option as far as you can see. Then you win. Before you know it, you are at it again. And you lose. A man with lack of perseverance will give up, go over to another instead of learning to be in control. A man of solid conviction accept something is wrong, learn from it and then replay. If he discovered that the system he is using is doom to failure, he leave for a better option. Like it or not, everyone of us have to pass through it.

That said, we all have inbuilt character trait subdued in us. It takes a courageous man to reveal his. I like to show my weaknesses to my friends if I have the opportunity. I let them comment if need be. Surprisingly, most people I'd met always accept me that way.

In courtship, we live apart. Be our best when going for a date. But in marriage, those things we are not priviledged to see in courtship start manifesting as we wake up and sleep together. At this stage, we must learn to tolerate others if we can't change them. At the worst, we divorce.

That was my point. I support indepth meditation before making a choice. But I am strongly critical of people who don't know marriage is never going to be like courtship. Marriage is an acceptance to live with whatever hidden fault your partner may exhibit in future. Marriage is your decision to live with one another through joy and sorrow. Courtship is just an opportunity to see what you are buying. You are not allowed to open it. Even if you do, there is a limit to what you can see. But once married, she dress and UnCloth herself before you. We live by our choices.

It is not hard to choose. It is only hard when we are afraid of accepting responsibility that go along with our choices. Little wonder why we have many failed marriages.
Re: Please I Need Help by olanajim(m): 10:20am On Mar 30, 2008
Eccentricj,
I am not too harsh on Emma. I was being blunt and straightforward in my assessment of fact. I am a man so I know what it take when choosing a life partner.

In life, choosing a life partner is a gamble. You study the situation and then pick the best option as far as you can see. Then you win. Before you know it, you are at it again. And you lose. A man with lack of perseverance will give up, go over to another instead of learning to be in control. A man of solid conviction accept something is wrong, learn from it and then replay. If he discovered that the system he is using is doom to failure, he leave for a better option. Like it or not, everyone of us have to pass through it.

That said, we all have inbuilt character trait subdued in us. It takes a courageous man to reveal his. I like to show my weaknesses to my friends if I have the opportunity. I let them comment if need be. Surprisingly, most people I'd met always accept me that way.

In courtship, we live apart. Be our best when going for a date. But in marriage, those things we are not priviledged to see in courtship start manifesting as we wake up and sleep together. At this stage, we must learn to tolerate others if we can't change them. At the worst, we divorce.

That was my point. I support indepth meditation before making a choice. But I am strongly critical of people who don't know marriage is never going to be like courtship. Marriage is an acceptance to live with whatever hidden fault your partner may exhibit in future. Marriage is your decision to live with one another through joy and sorrow. Courtship is just an opportunity to see what you are buying. You are not allowed to open it. Even if you do, there is a limit to what you can see. But once married, she dress and UnCloth herself before you. We live by our choices.

It is not hard to choose. It is only hard when we are afraid of accepting responsibility that go along with our choices. Little wonder why we have many failed marriages.
Re: Please I Need Help by olanajim(m): 10:21am On Mar 30, 2008
Eccentricj,

Re: Please I Need Help by olanajim(m): 10:23am On Mar 30, 2008
Eccentricj,

Re: Please I Need Help by olanajim(m): 10:24am On Mar 30, 2008
Eccentricj,

Re: Please I Need Help by babygirlfl: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ wahala 2007
God will continue to bless you.
@ Emma
When you promise love, commitment is as important as love.
Re: Please I Need Help by kerny(f): 11:55am On Oct 25, 2020
It’s been 12years since this thread was opened and I hope at the end of the day you chose right, I hope you chose who chose you too, I hope you made the right decision and if given the chance to, you’d chose her all over again.
I hope you’re happy.
Re: Please I Need Help by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
There's nothing bad in what's happening to you
Just go for the one that you're down for and the one that is down for you.
Forget love and pretty face
Go for the one you vibe with wella and the one that you know is 100% down for you.
Re: Please I Need Help by Seandisputed(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
gideonite98:
There's nothing bad in what's happening to you
Just go for the one that you're down for and the one that is down for you.
Forget love and pretty face
Go for the one you vibe with wella and the one that you know is 100% down for you.
This your advice though.
After 12 years
Re: Please I Need Help by div111(m): 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2020
Seandisputed:
This your advice though. After 12 years
who did u later marry??
Re: Please I Need Help by Seandisputed(m): 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
div111:

who did u later marry??
Lmao Baba no be me get thread o
Re: Please I Need Help by Dreyton36: 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2020
As the CEO of weeders association

My guy , bone that engaged naija babe , all of them na scam
Las Las she go show u weeeehhnnn
Our elders say "a bird at hand is worth more than a thousand in the bush"
I've once made the same mistake and I'm never gonna advise you to make the same
It's a long story though

My guy , flow with who your soul flows with , and it's obvious it's the girls over there with you , tell her how you feel about her, if she accepts you then carry on
Re: Please I Need Help by div111(m): 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
Seandisputed:
Lmao Baba no be me get thread o

gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Cheat On Your Hubby If You Knew You Wont Be Caught ? / What Do You Like About Each Other And Yourselves? (physically) / Please Help, I Am So Confused Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.