Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer (2404 Views)

When Last Did You Say The Hail Mary As A Christian / True Story Of The Hail Mary Of A Protestant / What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
My Comments to this Prayer in Red below.

Hail Mary, full of grace.

Only JESUS is full of grace and truth.

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." - John 1:14

Our Lord is with thee.

Good

Blessed art thou among women,

Agree

and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.

Absolutely

Holy Mary, Mother of God,

Mary is not the Mother of GOD.

God is a Spirit and has existed before time.

pray for us sinners

No.

Mary cannot pray for anyone , she is currently waiting for the resurrection of the saints.

In fact our prayers are not directed to JESUS but Almighty GOD in the name of his SON Jesus the Christ.

"You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father." - John 14:13

"In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf.No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God."

now and at the hour of our death.

Mary cannot , and is not qualified to pray for anyone at the hour of this present life talk less of at death,

Amen.

No.

No Amen to a wrong prayer.

Besides repeating hail Mary 10 times is what is called vain repetitions in the bible.

"And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words." - Matthew 6:7

Conclusion: Stop praying the Hail Mary , it is blasphemy.

8 Likes

Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by uboma(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
Hail Mary is not a Bible based teaching. It is simply a human doctrine which is in conflict with Bible teachings. However, those who recite hail mary are so blinded from the truth that even though u show them from the scriptures that it is wrong, they will never believe the truth. To these set of people, they prefer human doctrine to the truth found in the Bible.

2 Likes

Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Chynx(m): 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
uboma: Hail Mary is not a Bible based teaching. It is simply a human doctrine which is in conflict with Bible teachings. However, those who recite hail mary are so blinded from the truth that even though u show them from the scriptures that it is wrong, they will never believe the truth. To these set of people, they prefer human doctrine to the truth found in the Bible.
Why don't you "perfect" guys just mind ur business?
What is the aim of this topic? By the way, where do u worship...if you can be bold enough to say?

1 Like

Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
This 'prayer' is one dt is very unbiblical. Utter trash

1 Like

Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by uboma(m): 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
Chynx:
Why don't you "perfect" guys just mind ur business?
What is the aim of this topic? By the way, where do u worship...if you can be bold enough to say?

no one is perfect bro. But learn to appreciate the truth when it has been proven from the scriptures and stop clinging to human doctrines.
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Rich4god(m): 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2013
Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus... Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and the hour of our death... Amen. (*10)
Can you plz face your faith and improve on them than going around looking for who to bash.

2 Likes

Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Pygru: 5:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
Idolatry Is Sin !!!

2 Likes

Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
Rich4god: Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus... Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and the hour of our death... Amen. (*10)
Can you plz face your faith and improve on them than going around looking for who to bash.

I used to pray with that dead rosary many years ago, thank God I was delivered.

3 Likes

Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by uboma(m): 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel:

Thank God for your life. As u rightly pointed out the rosary is dead. It has no power to save and it is idolatry which is strongly condemned in the Bible.
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by enilove(m): 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
Rich4god: Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus... Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and the hour of our death... Amen. (*10)

Please,think about what people are saying.Think of your salvation,think of eternity.

Please,believe it,there is hell and there is heaven.
There is nothing like purgatory.

After death,one may not have the chance to come back and make amendments.

Think about it and pray to God to guide you.
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by achinaboy(m): 7:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
ihe ojo gbaa afor it becomes omenala
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
Think on this, when d ppl asked Jesus to teach them how to pray, he said pray in this manner: Our Father, who art in heaven...
Prayer is directed to God in heaven & directing it 2 an individual is tantamount to worshipping the creation instead of d creator. Dts idolatry.
Secondly, hail Mary is a greeting & nt a prayer. For example when Jesus showed up among his disciples after resurrection he greeted them 'all hail...'
Those hailing mary r just greeting her & r nt praying.
My Roman Catholic brethren pls u need 2 start praying to God & nt a mortal.
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Rich4god(m): 10:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel:

Thank God you were delivered. Can you now focus on your new life and let us focus on ours...
*Continues praying Hail Mary....*

2 Likes

Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
@rich4god
By all means keep hailing mary.
Btw, I Hail u bros.
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 16, 2013
Rich4god:
Thank God you were delivered. Can you now focus on your new life and let us focus on ours...

You can pray Hail Mary for eons grin , my focus is on those I know who are Catholics and others who have been mass deceived by this great apostate Harlot of revelation, to rescue them from sure destruction.
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Rich4god(m): 11:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
frosbel:

You can pray Hail Mary for eons grin , my focus is on those I know who are Catholics and others who have been mass deceived by this great apostate Harlot of revelation, to rescue them from sure destruction.
What makes you think that the faith you are practising now is the right/perfect one?. @Bolded, how do you know that they are heading for destruction?, cos am just curious why you used the word "sure"...Or are you the 1 that jugded them? If you are bold enough, answer the above question head on and not employing your dodgy tactics.
*Hail Mary...*
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
@rich4god
Frosbel says so becos wht u profess 2 be Christianity has no Christ in it. If it did, it wouldn't go against d words of Jesus himself.
*Hail rich4god...*
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Rich4god(m): 7:51am On Mar 17, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @rich4god
Frosbel says so becos wht u profess 2 be Christianity has no Christ in it. If it did, it wouldn't go against d words of Jesus himself.
*Hail rich4god...*
Dont speak for frosbel... If you want to be in with him, then let me ask you. What makes you think that the faith you are professing now is the truth.
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 17, 2013
Do I answer u as a fellow christian or r u comparing The Way & other ways?
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Rich4god(m): 9:02am On Mar 17, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Do I answer u as a fellow christian or r u comparing The Way & other ways?
I just asked you a simple question... What makes you think that the faith you are following/professing now is the right one/the truth?
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 17, 2013
D answer I give 2 a fellow Christian practising d wrong thing is different from wht I will give a muslim or evn an atheist. Theirs would require an explanation of terms & concept. So pls, I'm using a mobile phone, narrow ur question
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Rich4god(m): 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
Bobbysworld28: D answer I give 2 a fellow Christian practising d wrong thing is different from wht I will give a muslim or evn an atheist. Theirs would require an explanation of terms & concept. So pls, I'm using a mobile phone, narrow ur question
What makes you think that the faith you are following/professing now is the right one/the truth? I dont know how far i can narrow this.
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by Boomark(m): 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rich4god:

the way he was delivered is the way others that have been deceived will be saved. the apostles did not focus on their life alone, they also helped those going astray.
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by italo: 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2013
frosbel again....

hmmm...

*IGNORED*
Re: An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer by alexleo(m): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2013

Thats an incantation you are making and not a prayer. Stop deceiving yourself. Jesus said 'whatsoever ye shall ask in my name that will i do". Did Jesus ask us to pray through Mary? CATHOLIC DISEASE. GET HEALED OF IT FRIEND. FOR YOUR OWN GOOD ANYWAY.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Laugh At Creationists? [video Series] / Islam Christianity Conversion Rate / The Muslims Are Protesting Against ISIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.