Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

United States Of America Vs United Kingdom - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom (41573 Views)

Poll: Which country would you rather live in, given the choice?

The United States?: 62% (110 votes)
The United Kingdom?: 37% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom!!! Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2008
4 Play:

Is it vexing you that you are far more likely to be raped(some stats going back 4 decades put it at multiples of 17 compared to the UK)in that 'paradise' you call the US than in anywhere in the Western world? Are you annoyed that you are far more likely to murdered or sexually assaulted ?Blame the "civilised" men you seem to have in abundance there.
yes, worried that you might come to the US undecided
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Ajebota(f): 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2008
correction I [b]wouldn't[/b] live in either for long.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by danity: 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2008
Ajebota, you are so right. Guys in UK can dresssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Don't even get me started. Here you would see guys in complete 3-piece suit with flip flops. If that kind of guy spends one month in UK, he'll cringe at the sight of suit and flip flops.
I would like to shop in US but UK is a way bettttttttttter. UK is not a country for the lazy man either.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2008
@The Jackal

Don't mind these lost Nigerians.It was only 4 decades ago that their white masters allowed them to sit in front of the bus in many Southern states.Good news!Bob Jones University recently permitted inter-racial dating! grin What a bastion of civility

When they are not busy raping and killing each other more than any nation in the civilised world,they are here telling us about paying off thousands of dollars in hospital debts in installments.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2008
Jacakal!!! where are you getting your info. . your friends dnt like you o. .

if you get pregnant and unable to support yourself, the government does help. it's called food stamps and some others i dnt know. . .
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2008
danity:

Ajebota, you are so right. Guys in UK can dresssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Don't even get me started. Here you would see guys in complete 3-piece suit with flip flops. If that kind of guy spends one month in UK, he'll cringe at the sight of suit and flip flops.
I would like to shop in US but UK is a way bettttttttttter. UK is not a country for the lazy man either.

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lmao

ok, if it comes to dress code, i'll favor UK. but it's how each person decides to carry themselves out o. .
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by eldee(m): 10:45pm On Apr 02, 2008
I'm tired of the US thinking its better than everybody else, because in fact it is much worse in terms of treatment of women and homosexuals and blacks and hispanics

Oh, you forgot bout education for their children. . .
My cousin that was bout to get into college in the USA ran back here to start up.
How many countries give world-class uni education for three grand?
In the US parents start saving up college fees for the kids from their first buffdayz.

i guess you're one of them anti-US.
nah, i'm just repping ma end sis cheesy
swear u like the UK too tongue tongue
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2008
eldee:

Oh, you forgot bout education for their children. . .
My cousin that was bout to get into college in the USA ran back here to start up.
How many countries give world-class uni education for three grand?
In the US parents start saving up college fees for the kids from their first buffdayz.
nah, i'm just repping ma end sis cheesy
swear u like the UK too tongue tongue

In Scotland,its free. Apart from the Ivy league institutions,their education system is underwhelming.American pupils have some of the worst literacy and numeracy skills in the OECD.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Ajebota(f): 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lmao

ok, if it comes to dress code, i'll favor UK. but it's how each person decides to carry themselves out o. .

Thank u o Danity and Morenike09! There is no denying the fact that the English understand fashion and that American's are fashion challenged. I would rather spend 1 grand in the U.K on quality clothes than 1 grand in the U.S on soccer mum outfits cheesy

Something that makes me laugh is when Americans visit the U.K with their usual loud and obnoxious attitudes and the British give them blank cold stares as if WTH? hehehehe

Dont get me wrong I still love the U.S. God Bless America!!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by danity: 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2008
Ajebota, you know them too well. I love it better when americans pretend to "backpack" across europe.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2008
@ Rikkyjen,

I am telling u what i know not what i read on google or wikipedia.
So sorry that we are not on the same side tonight so be prepared to take some bullets. tongue tongue tongue

@ Danity,

Without a doubt, guys over here are power-dressers.
I know how much i spend to send formal shirts to those street-wearing punks in the USA.
All they get to wear is FUBU, Sean Jean and baggy jeans . . . . They got no class, no dress sense and the whole attitude sucks.

@ 4Play,

They are CLUELESS.
D-reloaded was telling me the peops in the UK are barbarians. . . .
Whereas, 22 million Blacks ALONE have passed through their prison system. . . . Thats 1/3 of the whole UK population.
Can u beat that?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Rapunzel(f): 10:58pm On Apr 02, 2008
Whoever prefers the UK to the US, is a RETARD !!!
A Bloody Joker, a CLOWN !
Are U kidding ?, Jeez ! U need to have your Brain re-examined !
I lived in The States for 10years !, this is my Fourth year in the UK, so I Bloody Hell know what am talking about.
GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2008
@Jackal

50% of Black men in the US will be imprisoned at some point in their lives.They have the highest incarceration rate any where in the Western world.

None of them has been able to explain why they are so busy killing and raping each other.In 2007,the state of Washington had a higher murder rate than Basra Province in Southern Iraq!New Orleans exposed their wretched underbelly.With mind boggling gaps between rich and poor,whites and non-whites,the people praising it know no better.

Lets not forget that the UK is part of a larger entity called the EU.Paris is 1 hour away from here with lovely French African chics.If you want to indulge yourself in some legitimate weed smoking,you can pop into Amsterdam(not that I'm interested)
What do they have to compare with Mallorca and Barcelona? These people don't know any better.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Ajebota(f): 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2008
lol, backpackers are the worst, they think they know so much more than they really do.

@ The jackal, lol all they know is FUBU and bling bling true true

And Americans can be so friggin stupid. I remember being on an educational tour in Greece when this American fool came to start asking my mum, brotha and I about Africa, which in his own mind is a town, foolish fool!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 02, 2008
eldee, keep repping your end. . .as long as we both know why you prefer US to UK wink grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 11:07pm On Apr 02, 2008
4 Play:

Lets not forget that the UK is part of a larger entity called the EU.Paris is 1 hour away from here with lovely French African chics.If you want to indulge yourself in some legitimate weed smoking,you can pop into Amsterdam(not that I'm interested)
What do they have to compare with Mallorca and Barcelona? These people don't know any better.

this is the only reason i rate the UK. Proximity to other parts of western Europe, we've only got Mexico, Cuba, Aruba and Canada here.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Imani(f): 11:11pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

this is the only reason i rate the UK. Proximity to other parts of western Europe, we've only got Mexico, Cuba, Aruba and Canada here.

Probably the reason why a lot of americans are clueless about the "outside" world. grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by showbobo(m): 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2008
Ajebota:

lol, backpackers are the worst, they think they know so much more than they really do.

@ The jackal, lol all they know is FUBU and bling bling true true

And Americans can be so friggin stupid. I remember being on an educational tour in Greece when this American fool came to start asking my mum, brotha and I about Africa, which in his own mind is a town, foolish fool!

You cant blame him for not knowing.Africans are not that recognised and we're like animals to them.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2008
Imani:

Probably the reason why a lot of americans are clueless about the "outside" world. grin
Nice. . .so also tell us why UK is clueless to the outside world, i wan*na hear this excuse
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2008
@ Morenike09,

U dont geddit, do u?
What we are saying here is the average AMERICAN is the dumbest in the developed world.
An average BRIT knows the world around him. . . . knows about EU, knows about other countries.
Blimey. . . . . Paris Hilton didn't know who Tony Blair was 2 years ago. . . . . She asked: Is he a movie actor? grin cheesy
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Imani(f): 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

Nice. . .so also tell us why UK is clueless to the outside world, i wan*na hear this excuse

My UK people, at least on this thread, 4play and other UKers can help give her the answer she deserves, kiss

Let me start. The UK actually "knows" a lot of the outside world since they travel a lot too. We know and interact with our "neighbours" both friendly and otherwise. Dont forget we are part of the EU, Commonwealth and other world bodies.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2008
The Jackal:

@ Morenike09,

You don't geddit, do u?
What we are saying here is the average AMERICAN is the dumbest in the developed world.
An average BRIT knows the world around him. . . . knows about EU, knows about other countries.
Blimey. . . . . Paris Hilton didn't know who Tony Blair was 2 years ago. . . . . She asked: Is he a movie actor? grin cheesy

Technologically the UK is NO MATCH for the US. So much for this country being filled with dumb people. grin
When next are u people coming to borrow more cruise missiles? tongue
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by eldee(m): 11:30pm On Apr 02, 2008

You think we're clueless bout outside? ask Gord, every 15 year old kid fought against the EU referendum.
Yeah, EU referendum, not X-box release date tongue tongue

@4him
He's talking bout the average american not 'Kyle XY'
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2008
eldee:

@4him
He's talking bout the average american not 'Kyle XY'

even kyle XY una no get. cheesy
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2008
Only a quarter of Americans have a passport.Experiencing other cultures broadens your perspective and understanding of the world.

I once saw a study that showed that 1/7th of US University graduates couldn't find their country on a map.Americans are the most ignorant lot in the West,starting with their President.I heard Obama's experience of Europe is one overnight stay in London(he is chairman of the Senate subcommittee on European Affairs)
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2008
@Jackal
stop screaming. . jeez!! grin

Imani:

My UK people, at least on this thread, 4play and other UKers can help give her the answer she deserves, kiss
yes, i gotz to admit that 4Play is actually making sense. . . grin

Imani:

Let me start. The UK actually "knows" a lot of the outside world since they travel a lot too. We know and interact with our "neighbours" both friendly and otherwise. Dont forget we are part of the EU, Commonwealth and other world bodies.
but plz, you're trying to tell me that America is an isolated Nation? you don't know about the UN, initiated to replace the league of nations?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2008
4 Play:

Only a quarter of Americans have a passport.
because of illigal migration, dnt blame the country for that. . .and plz dnt tell me that UK does not have its own immigration problems. . .i guess alll those nigerians bring deported wanted to be deported from UK?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 11:38pm On Apr 02, 2008
@ D-reloaded,

Don't even open y'all can of worms. . .
Your country have the highest number of sexual deviants in the whole world.
Pedophiles, Mysophiles, Teratophiles etc. . . .
22 million Blacks have passed through the Prison system . . . .never mind the whites.
Your country breeds more barbarians than any other country in the world.

First off, Mary Bell, the 9 year old that killed two kids, British

Secondly I dont believe I said anything about there NOT being barbarians in the States. They are many and that's why Im glad our justice system doesnt cuddle them like you people do. Here they stay in jail and get raped or get burned in the electric chair. Just the way I like it. tongue Like I said, wnat to be an an mal, we treat you like one. Shio. All that serving prisoners Lipton like you people do doesnt work here o.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 11:38pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

Technologically the UK is NO MATCH for the US. So much for this country being filled with dumb people. grin

Japan is not building cruise missiles but its technologically more advanced than the US.How do you determine who is technologically more advanced? If its patents per capita,many countries,including the UK,are far ahead of the US.

Look at something as simple as broadband.The US has one of the lowest broadband usage in the developed world.I wonder where this US technological superiority can be demonstrated.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Imani(f): 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

It depends on what type of technology you are talking about. How can a country that co-developed the Concorde, not have the necessary technological prowess. What is working in favour of the US is the large population. Like you mentioned, the UK is an Island, a small one at that. I doubt Bill Gates would have been as successful if he was based in the UK, same as the reason a lot of artists want to crack the US, that is where the population is.

By the way, when next are the US going to be asking for more troops for the "coalition led war" tongue. I thought you guys were capable by yourselves.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 11:45pm On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

First off, Mary Bell, the 9 year old that killed two kids, British

Secondly I don't believe I said anything about there NOT being barbarians in the States. They are many and that's why I'm glad our justice system doesnt cuddle them like you people do. Here they stay in jail and get raped or get burned in the electric chair. Just the way I like it. tongue Like I said, wnat to be an an mal, we treat you like one. Shio. All that serving prisoners Lipton like you people do doesnt work here o.

We are talking of the overall murder and rape rate and you are pointing to exceptional cases like Mary Bell.Name one country in the world where its citizens are murdered and its women raped as much as the US.

Capital punishment has gotten you where? Punishment exists for a purpose,if you guys are still killing each other at the rate of a 3rd world nation,its obvious capital punishment hasn't achieved its purpose.

A disproportionate amount of Americans who receive the death penalty are black,never mind that the justice system is not 100% accurate in delivering justice.A lot of innocent people have been and will be put to death in the US to add to the shocking death toll from the nation that brought us Columbine and Virginia Polytechnic
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by ayettymama(f): 11:46pm On Apr 02, 2008
Im not even going to fight for any of the nations because my father is no born citizen of either of them. Im a nigerian chick who values and respects her Nigerian cuture tradition and people. Anyway this is how I view the country i live in; the uK, you have to lie your ass around to live here if they ask you 'do you have two eyes' you tell them 'no i have 3' because all they want to give black people is pity, they refuse to respect us, the media are always racially motivated and when there is a succesful black athlete they cant take it! Journalist always use opportunities to throw cheap-shot rascist remarks at black players and ITS RIDICULOUS!
Ameriva is no better, to get by you might have to work two jobs, everything has to be paid for and is expensive in the states, no wonder there is soo much hustling and so much crime! Voilence is encouraged in both countries because how are you to encourage youths not to fight when you are out raging a war thats not even your own Arrogant government, arrogant citizens!!!
England is less curropt, you are most likely to get thrown in jail for stupidness in the states while in the uk paperwork stops the police from doin anything except HARRASS BLACK PEOPLE! Ive heard its no better in the states anyway. I planning to change my name to georgina mason because my typicaL african name is not GETTING ME A JOB!
you kinda need a british passport here to get a good life, talk about SLAVERY!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25)

5 Countries That Don't Want You To Visit Them (pics) / United Nigeria Airline Arrives Enugu With Dikeora On Board / Women With Buttocks Surgery Couldn't Sit While On A Plane (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.