Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

United States Of America Vs United Kingdom - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom (41578 Views)

Poll: Which country would you rather live in, given the choice?

The United States?: 62% (110 votes)
The United Kingdom?: 37% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom!!! Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 02, 2008
almondjoy:

You are only one of the few ones jare. The rest still live in Mungo Park love shacks! Ask them. I am sure you see them. Please not all are like you. Majority live in poverty. You are an exception. One thing I can't understand is how most can stay there for like 20 years and still cannot drive. . . especially the females. You still see them slugging Tesco bags in some mini buggy wheels all over the streets over there. Even in the cold! shocked

That environment does not forster independence and enterprise at all.

Like you wrote different strokes for different folks. We are all happy with our choices and that is the most important thing! kiss

In some Agege like neighborhoods where Jamaicans use bullets as instruments of leisure I might add. grin
Admitted some Naija's are doing well there but nothing compared to if they lived here.
The so so miserly miserly is the one I can't stand.
You almost feel like you're commiting a crime by eating their food

Try going to a McDonald for a burger,you may break out in tears when you see what you paid heavily for.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by debosky(m): 1:38am On Apr 02, 2008
nwando:

In some Agege like neighborhoods where Jamaicans use bullets as instruments of leisure I might add. grin
Admitted some Naija's are doing well there but nothing compared to if they lived here.
The so so miserly miserly is the one I can't stand.
You almost feel like you're commiting a crime by eating their food

Try going to a McDonald for a burger,you may break out in tears when you see what you paid heavily for.

I really don't understand this miserly thing. . .someone even made a thread on nl to talk about that.

but no jokes, going to micky dees over there is like going to a restaurant they charge you like crazy.

Apart from the tiny homes and driving on the wrong side of the road, I'd say the UK is ok - no need to calculate time to call naija, and best of all home is only 6 hours away.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheSly: 1:40am On Apr 02, 2008
Why on earth would y'all compare stingy UK to yankee?

Yanks all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:53am On Apr 02, 2008
Yankee. . .b/c w/ its many race and nationalities, it still finds a way to stay peaceful. yes, there are racial issues, however, they're not as awful as Uk's. at least, in yanks, they still get along and tends to be less snobby tongue
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheSly: 2:01am On Apr 02, 2008
Omo ekiti alagolo lo wa ibikan sun si jo. . . . . . angry tongue angry
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 02, 2008
debosky:

I really don't understand this miserly thing. . .someone even made a thread on nl to talk about that.

but no jokes, going to micky dees over there is like going to a restaurant they charge you like crazy.

Apart from the tiny homes and driving on the wrong side of the road, I'd say the UK is ok - no need to calculate time to call naija, and best of all home is only 6 hours away.

Everything costs an arm and a leg over there
Thanks to warehouse groceries like TESCO,many would have been drinking their own cisterns. grin

As for making phone calls.
They hardly call people
You can call them 10 times before they call you back and you better speak at 200 words per minute when they call or else you'll be opening mouth to say bawo ni and before you let out the "ni" they already hung up.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 02, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Omo ekiti alagolo lo wa ibikan sun si jo. . . . . . angry tongue angry
you dey vex? just because we all don't have curfews like you? you got 5 mins to be online o. . .clock is ticking!!! tongue
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheSly: 2:27am On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

you dey vex? just because we all don't have curfews like you? you got 5 mins to be online o. . .clock is ticking!!! tongue
Coffee? tongue sorry but i don't do coffee tongue
Don't forget that the last time u were caught browsing late. . .u know what she did to you. .
Pls leave the PC ASAP oo. . .i don't want to see your 2hands up tonight. . . tongue
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 02, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Coffee? tongue sorry but i don't do coffee tongue
Don't forget that the last time u were caught browsing late. . .u know what she did to you. .
Please leave the PC ASAP oo. . .i don't want to see your 2hands up tonight. . . tongue
rotflmao. . . oh yea, so she drove more than 200 miles to see me using the net? tongue oh sly baby, i think you're reminiscing on your last punishment grin remember how i helped you rubbed red pepper on it to make it better? eyah, come here hon, and give your big aunty a hug
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheSly: 2:56am On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

rotflmao. . . oh yea, so she drove more than 200 miles to see me using the net? tongue oh sly baby, i think you're reminiscing on your last punishment grin remember how i helped you rubbed red pepper on it to make it better? eyah, come here hon, and give your big aunty a hug

Tonight i am not going to beg . , . . . . . . . . . . . . . . i have said my own ooo!! cool
Ogun asotele kin pa aro. . . . . . .eleyi ti o ba gbo ni oooo! cool
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 2:58am On Apr 02, 2008
Can you two not chnage this thread to your usual forum games shit?

Thanks

anyway back to osisi and AJ. Seriously you people are cracking me up. grin

My dad told me about that whole "using coins to heat homes" thing and I thought he was joking, guess it's true undecided
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheSly: 2:59am On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

Can you two not chnage this thread to your usual forum games shit?

Thanks

anyway back to osisi and AJ. Seriously you people are cracking me up. grin

My dad told me about that whole "using coins to heat homes" thing and I thought he was joking, guess it's true undecided

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 3:04am On Apr 02, 2008
forum game shit? na wa o. . . as long as its not forum game shat. . . hon, dnt take things serious all the time.

ok, back to the diff b/w UK and America o. . . i mean, it will affect my future
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 3:04am On Apr 02, 2008
I'm serious jare

You two flirt too much, IN EVERY BLOODY THREAD TOO. Have to wade thru pages of bullshit to get to the real koko of what the thread USED to be about

Shio

I tell you this out of love before I'd have to get mean angry tongue
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheSly: 3:06am On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

I'm serious jare

You two flirt too much, IN EVERY BLOODY THREAD TOO. Have to wade through pages of bullshit to get to the real koko of what the thread USED to be about

Shio

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 3:07am On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

I'm serious jare

You two flirt too much, IN EVERY BLOODY THREAD TOO. Have to wade through pages of bullshit to get to the real koko of what the thread USED to be about

Shio

fff ffff ffff what? i dnt flirt. . . i joke. if i really flirt, i would be in a hell of a situation by now. . . sly!! no flirting o, i no wan flirt with you jare tongue you no get money, dnt flirt with a broke@$$. buhbye!! grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheSly: 3:09am On Apr 02, 2008
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 02, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
no be your fault. . .you no get flames with that? hissssssssssss
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 3:12am On Apr 02, 2008
afi say no evil naa wink

I do agree with some points londoner brought up

although I dont know why people harp about the tube, most people who live in NYC, dont drive either. Even the ones that live up where I am, take trains to work
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 02, 2008
smart idea. . . with the rate gas prices are increasing sef, i think America will need to start walking their lazy a$$. instead of driving to the mailbox lipsrsealed
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheSly: 3:18am On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

afi say no evil naa wink

I do agree with some points londoner brought up

although I don't know why people harp about the tube, most people who live in NYC, don't drive either. Even the ones that live up where I am, take trains to work

Go sleep i beg!!!! angry angry wetin self angry angry angry angry angry tongue angry angry angry angry angry angry

morenike09:

no be your fault. . .you no get flames with that? hissssssssssss
What flames?? angry angry angry angry tongue angry angry angry Ur curfew time remember?? angry

Back to topic bfore all these Ekiti-ketez would cut off my lungs. . .

Yankee all the way. . . .I don't really like to be dealing with all those pinkies cool
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by EloSela(f): 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2008
I see the ‘Americans’ are in here again flexing their over inflated egos.

To the person who mentioned coins feeding metres.

That time has long since passed M’dear. Hardly anyone feeds coins into their metres nowadays. Your father, or whoever it was that told you that, must have been talking about when he was in the UK in 1950 or thereabouts. We do however have electric keys and gas cards that can be recharged, though these optional resources are for some who like to monitor how much energy they are using instead of being served with a bill each month. I use these and there is nothing backward about it.

Don’t you guys get your utilities cut off if you can’t pay? If you ask me, that is backwards not to mention inhumane.

In London, one may find people who are willing to rent out rooms in their flats but please name a city that doesn’t allow that? And before you start; NO, it is not the norm. However if your people are doing that in London then good on them! Just don’t make an a$$ of yourself by stating that everyone does this because that is far from the truth. Some act like being a Landlord is a new fangled idea! Geesh!

About the size of your McDs Burgers…lol imagine having mouth to brag about that? Please, that is the reason why obesity is so rife in America. Most Americans are so thick, stupid and ignorant that it is so easy for a company like McDs to love-vendor them by giving oversized portions…not so in the UK.

We are more health conscious over here (and more environmentally friendly). Have you ever thought that the reason why the American government allows such companies to overfeed your fat a$$es is so that it can generate more money in health claims?

Go to any Black American neighbourhood and you will see the all the cream of fast food joints, White castle, Churches, McDs, Chuck e cheese abi wetin they dey call themselves. No healthy food at all and these ‘Americans’ are bragging about portions…lol.

I would like to add that health insurance is not a requirement in the UK as we always have the NHS to fall back on but most people have it with their employers but they hardly ever use it.

Someone had the sheer audacity to mention guns and bullets flying around in the UK…this coming from the land where nutcases are easily bred and cultivated with incidents like Columbine and Virginia Tech being the norm…Please!

The UK is, by far, more advanced in communications than the US so don’t even go there. As one of the major cities in the world communication is cheap. If your people can not afford to make phone calls home then that really is a reflection on them individually and not the whole country.

Things are expensive over here but don’t worry your small heads about that because we can afford it. If you can’t then that is your own palava  abeg!

@Morenike
What was it you said about Racism? Please, that is the biggest joke of all but April’s fool was yesterday. For your information the UK has nothing on the US when it comes to Racism…don’t let me bring up Katrina, Jena 6, and the retarded Black girl, Megan Williams who was tied up like and animal by a group of white folks and made to eat dog faeces for weeks…I can go on but maybe you need to do your own research before you make mouth, grin grin

3 Likes

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2008
Last I checked fish and chips wasnt exactly healthy either neither is drinking like a bloody fish.

Infact yes let's all start eating SPOTTED D!CK  grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by EloSela(f): 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

Last I checked fish and chips wasnt exactly healthy either neither is drinking like a bloody fish.

Infact yes let's all start eating SPOTTED D!CK  grin

Nobody is bragging that fish and chips are healthy either,Missy or that it is the national dish. You guys on the other hand are boasting about the size of your burgers, LOL!

Spotted d:ck is delicious dessert grin, in case you didn't know, but not healthy either but we all have our vices, what's your point sef?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2008
Seems to be the national dish. That's the only thing people ever talk about when I ask what the hell do they even eat over there. blah blah fish and chips or various types of beer.

That and the fact that you add beans to just everything. Simple cereal sef, you guys add beans to it. yogurt mashed with beans. Not to mention, your teas are usually diluted with VODKA anyway. grin

why do you care about my point. Im amusing myself, is that ok with you? as opposed to having a brain aneurysm all in the name of a defending a country that isnt even mine/yours to claim. Been here almost two decades but Im not gonna attack people cos of it. Why do you care if Americans are "fat" anyway? anorexic clowns, perhaps we should use Kate Moss the cokehead as our role models like the rest of you do. You cant be fat when you people are too busy smoking like a chimney. Yea cigarettes and booze, VERY health conscious.

Most of the people having panic attacks in the name of defending The UK havent even been there more than a year or so. Rubbish

All the garbage most have spewed makes you look even more egotistical than the so called egomaniac Americans

Do you people even have summers sef with that rainforest you call a home tongue cos last year I cant even count the number of people that ran here in the summer cos you guys havent had one in the past 4 years cheesy

2 Likes

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by EloSela(f): 3:19pm On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

Seems to be the national dish. That's the only thing people ever talk about when I ask what the hell do they even eat over there. blah blah fish and chips or various types of beer.

That and the fact that you add beans to just everything. Simple cereal sef, you guys add beans to it. yogurt mashed with beans. Not to mention, your teas are usually diluted with VODKA anyway. grin

why do you care about my point. I'm amusing myself, is that ok with you? as opposed to having a brain aneurysm all in the name of a defending a country that isnt even mine/yours to claim. Been here almost two decades but I'm not going to attack people because of it. Why do you care if Americans are "fat" anyway? anorexic clowns, perhaps we should use Kate Moss the cokehead as our role models like the rest of you do. You can't be fat when you people are too busy smoking like a chimney. Yea cigarettes and booze, VERY health conscious.

Most of the people having panic attacks in the name of defending The UK havent even been there more than a year or so. Rubbish

All the garbage most have spewed makes you look even more egotistical than the so called egomaniac Americans

Do you people even have summers sef with that rainforest you call a home tongue because last year I can't even count the number of people that ran here in the summer because you guys havent had one in the past 4 years cheesy

It seems I hit a nerve, LOL! grin grin grin

Na wa o! See Ms D-Loaded getting all bent out of shape because I called Americans fat and at the same time having the nerve to accuse me of having a brain aneurysm responding to the ignorance spewed on here about my birth country! *chuckle*

Is America your country? Gerrout joh! lol
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2008
Is America your country?

Didirin ni e sha. Did you actually read my comment at all cos I already referred to that.

Only a delusional being would take my comment as being "bursting a vein", more like tongue in cheek sarcasm.

Hit a nerve, um no? Americans ARE greedy. Supersize this, supersize that. who would deny that. A country that loves excess. food and money.

I just think it's funny that a country known for its alcoholism is calling other people unhealthy.

How was your beans milkshake aka breakfast?  grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by EloSela(f): 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

why do you care about my point. I'm amusing myself, is that ok with you? as opposed to having a brain aneurysm all in the name of a defending a country that isnt even mine/yours to claim. Been here almost two decades but I'm not going to attack people because of it. Why do you care if Americans are "fat" anyway? anorexic clowns, perhaps we should use Kate Moss the cokehead as our role models like the rest of you do. You can't be fat when you people are too busy smoking like a chimney. Yea cigarettes and booze, VERY health conscious.

Do you people even have summers sef with that rainforest you call a home tongue because last year I can't even count the number of people that ran here in the summer because you guys havent had one in the past 4 years cheesy

I didn’t read all. I lost all interest after the bolded part because it was glaringly obvious from that that you had absolutely no idea what you’re talking about and that you were only interested in flexing some muscle in defence of the Good ol’ US of A! 

LOL! @ beans, ? Please you seem obsessed.  grin grin

Baked Beans is an American import, by the way and I am sure you can get them
a ‘plenty in your ‘hood.

Anyway sha, Doh! no vex! I am sorry that your people in the UK could only afford to offer you beans when you were here.
grin grin grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Busta(f): 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2008
Wat is this? " WAR OF THE WORLDS"
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2008
EloSela:

I would like to add that health insurance is not a requirement in the UK as we always have the NHS to fall back on but most people have it with their employers but they hardly ever use it.

ROFL.
The same NHS that people have died on waiting for free services?
You better buy mountain of fire prayer books while depending on welfare health plan to save you in time of need.
The UK is a big joke,I lived there buddy!

1 Like

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by londoner: 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2008
Wow, people, why get upset over opinions, ?

UKers, Notice how all their points are painfully superficial?, cars, homes, fastfood, money, yes thats what they are all about no depth at all, typical US.

grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2008
EloSela:

That time has long since passed M’dear. Hardly anyone feeds coins into their metres nowadays. Your father, or whoever it was that told you that, must have been talking about when he was in the UK in 1950 or thereabouts. We do however have electric keys and gas cards that can be recharged, though these optional resources are for some who like to monitor how much energy they are using instead of being served with a bill each month. I use these and there is nothing backward about it.

You people have  moved from coins to "recharge" cards for heating.
what's the difference
Card finishes it's allotted heating minutes,you freeze to death in Aberdeen grin

We are more health conscious over here (and more environmentally friendly). Have you ever thought that the reason why the American government allows such companies to overfeed your fat a$$es is so that it can generate more money in health claims?About the size of your McDs Burgers…lol imagine having mouth to brag about that? Please, that is the reason why obesity is so rife in America. Most Americans are so thick, stupid and ignorant that it is so easy for a company like McDs to love-vendor them by giving oversized portions…not so in the UK.

Good consolation when a a buger meals barely hits the spot and you have to trek 5 miles to the nearest tube station.
Let me make that determination when I purchase my "happy meal" what quantity I eat.
Is the UK Somalia? grin

Things are expensive over here but don’t worry your small heads about that because we can afford it. If you can’t then that is your own palava  abeg!

OSANOBUA!!!!!!!!!!
Tell that to Queen Eliza 's mounted soldiers.
If you're sincere,you'll say how many times you toyed with the idea to fleeing to America. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25)

5 Countries That Don't Want You To Visit Them (pics) / United Nigeria Airline Arrives Enugu With Dikeora On Board / Women With Buttocks Surgery Couldn't Sit While On A Plane (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.