Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria (36523 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
Uncanny Genius: Who the hell is the thief called Bill Gates? He's not god and we can do without him. The satanic United States should mind their business. Oga at the top is working, don't disturb.

Thief rite becos he entered into ur bank account and removed money from it abi? While people are making world class inventions in America and Europe, you sit your a.s.s down here and support mediocrity, laziness and corruption and you want Nigeria to move forward. The black race in Africa is truly hopeless. Rather than talk rubbish why don't you sit down and think of how you can be beneficial to your people and mankind in general. I bet the computer you used to type this nonsense is running on windows software which u acquired illegally for 500 naira at computer village. Tell me one thing you've invented or created in your entire life other than utter stupid.I.ty. It amazes me how some people can manage to be magnificently stup.I.d and still make a show of it.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by valboy20(m): 11:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
thix GUDDUNCE sef....his selfish act had made our white oga at the top fear our country

may GOD help us
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by HIPROFILE(m): 12:38am On Mar 19, 2013
Basic: If he has other reasons for changing his mind, he should come out straight and not hide under the US government's disappointment over Alameseigha's pardon?
For crying out loud, what's the correlation between healthcare grants/donations and political matters? Does he have ulterior motives?
To the blazes with Bill Gates and his "assistance". He's not bigger than our country. And we don't need him.
Nigeria has been existing before Bill Gates, and will continue to exist after him. We've been getting grants before his, and we'll surely get grants if he withdraws his.
Who send Bill Gates sef? Who send am?
Oluwa bless u.good talk...if actually he said dats d reason he's nat comn cos ds media people sef em sabi translate as far as say na celebrity talk
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 19, 2013
I sorry for the upcoming youths of this country! sad sad sad They still haven't learn how the world around them works. It is true we are yet to face another generation of backward mentality our forefathers were known for.

It would soon be another news when polio starts spreading down to the South.

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by omorttee4u(m): 12:50am On Mar 19, 2013
brainpulse:

You are a hypocrite for this post of yours. Tell me, will you continue to give assistance or give funds to your gate-man when he comes calling, when you had just discovered that his savings were spent on alcohol, gambling and patronizing prostitutes, without catering for the purpose of intents for the funds?
And you won’t question or show displeasure on the way he had squandered his funds, knowing fully well that this will indirectly affect his state of mind and attitude to his primary duties?

Funds or not this is a highly moral issue that every right thinking Nigerian should frown at, at any forum where this issue is discussed. Also from the role of a brother or neighbor I see nothing wrong for US’s advice or displeasure on this issue.

An African provide says: When a neighbor is eating cockroach, if not warned, the resultant repercussion will definitely affect you.

Everyone here knows that every and anytime the federal government releases funds 90% are released to private pockets and no system to trace this funds or not even bothered about the negative volcanic effects on the citizen in all sectors. And as silly as we can be we display our dirty linen outside arrogantly and proudly in all immoral sense and also argue foolishly at glaring display of the government arrogant incompetence thinking majority of Nigerians are knowledge starved.

I aggree with you,our leader are the gate man who loot our resources without taken care of we the children,I can assume US thinking was the project at hand for GEJ was much,that's why they come to our aid in support of his administration,since is quiet open he's the leader of curruption,US deserve to withdraw before their money Is being looted at of the end he later got presidential pardon we should have curruptin public holiday so the whole world we know we are currupt,we just unfurtunate to be the citizen of currupt leader...what a wrong move for GEJ.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 19, 2013
I'm back, Kats - I'll post a reply in a bit..
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59am On Mar 19, 2013
Katsumoto:
The decision to donate millions to strangers is not an easy one. After all Nigerian billionaires don't donate to worthy causes. They are more interested in donating to PDP causes and OBJ library projects. After a man has made a decision to donate, he then picks a cause close to his heart. For instance, Robert Wilson, an Atheist, gives millions to the New York Catholic Education district. That is why you can not tell Gates what causes to donate to. It is the duty of administrators to balance what they have against what they don't have. An administrator will look at the overall value of the donation and then purpose its budget and spending for a particular period. For instance, if your health tab is picked up by 2 billionaires, you can then dedicate your energy to education and social care.

I hear your criticism of Gates efforts but I am yet to hear your solutions with regards to how Africa meets its dietary needs in the long term future. What ever your opinion is about Eugenics, it is a solution that is intended to deal with health and dietary problems of the future. Like I stated previously, I want your solution to the question I posed - What solutions do you propose to deal with Africa's future dietary and food needs considering a) it is heavily dependent on wasting assets and refuses to embrace the required industrialization
b) continuing hunger and poverty in Africa despite record revenues from natural resources

You must also proffer pragmatic implementation strategy and tactics. Gates is doing is bit.

Personally, I’m not against him “donating” to a rightful cause in Africa/Nigeria… However, my problem is with the hype vis-à-vis the effectiveness of his alleged donations… As an African, I’m just tired of people giving “us” handouts all in the name of donations.. I’ve been seeing UNICEF and all other donation/charity agencies all my life on TV, with pictures of hungry African kids and child soldiers who need everyone’s help – and how they can be saved by just donating $2 a month… And we’ve been donating since like time immemorial – how come it’s still the same “news” and sorrowful pictures after trillions/billions of dollars have rinsed on the same cause?? Don’t you think it’s either make believe, or these people don’t actually care about “us” – and they’re just using these bogus “donations” and sad tales just to make us systematically and psychologically feel inferior??

One would’ve thought that a “genius” like Mr. Bill Gates would have his thinking cap on and know that education is the best legacy and the only thing that can empower people – and not just superficial polio vaccines and population control… Every student of history knows that eugenics and population control experiments have been a failure… They actually make people worse than help them… We can use the African Americans as a case study… Every student of history knows how the Margaret Sanger and her racist eugenics/population-control agenda made AAs worse off… And how the tuskegee experiment was also a failure… AAs were actually better off when they were about 30-40% of the American population than the last 30-40years that they’ve been fluctuating between 13-17% of the population…

Education and prosperity are the best tools for population control… Once the people become enlightened and are busy with working a job, they won’t have time to start making babies everywhere… No scientific/systematic approach is going to solve the problems of population explosion unless you want to nuke the whole continent and wipe everyone out… Scientific/systematic always leave the people worse off, to be honest… They have also tried wars, yet the population of the “dark continent” stays growing at an alarming despite the death of millions of Africans through systematic western-controlled wars to control the population of the people… It’s high time these people stopped hiding their malicious intentions behind “aids” and “donations” – and do the right thing, if they really care about helping… Perhaps, the so-called “civilized” and “super-intelligent” westerners are not as civilized and intelligent as they want us to believe… Contributing to education and poverty eradication on the continent is the only solution – not malicious hand-outs…

Answer to your questions:

Like I said earlier; education and poverty eradication are the only tools that can purge the unique/peculiar problems plaguing Africa/Africans… Hand-outs will only continue to exacerbate them..

PS: You, Cheikh, and e-Guerilla's posts are the only posts/opinions I always look forward to reading... And probably PhysicsQED, ekt_bear, cap28, naptu2, olodostein, sun_of_god, Tony Spike, CFCFan, negro_ntns(for Yoruba/Lagos) history et al to an extent... However, it seems most of you are too extreme in your posts - it's either you're extremely Eurocentric or Afrocentric(except CFCfan)... You lot need to find a balance between the two so as to be able to effect a change on the continent... We as Africans are caught up between the two ideologies(and it's confusing) but most of us don't know the "jewel" beneath the unique "raw diamond" that we've got - if we can balance the both ideologies and take Africa to where it belongs in the scheme of things on this planet/world-affairs... There's nothing better than the best of both worlds!!

Honorouble mention:

Uncle Gbawe(lol) - I'm not a big fan of anyone involved in naija politics - the game is too dirty and all the players are rogues masquerading as saviours... undecided
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by emmabeejay: 5:35am On Mar 19, 2013
Why are pple on Nairaland soooo dumb... Gates was not coming to show off his money or anything, he was coming to help in polio eradication; which by d way, is why he had abandoned his position @microsoft, to use his own hard earned money in helping young children's health all over the world. Why not give a little credit to that and face the real deal here. This is a country where leaders steal pple's money without any sweat, and still get away with it. lets face the reality, we really need help, considering he fact that the people that are being rubbed don't even know it, bc
os if you guyz know what exactly you're loosing by being in a wealthy country by nature, but poor in every other things all because of some losers acting as a leader.
WISE UP GUYZ, & LETS TALK ABOUT WHAT THE REAL PROBLEM IS

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 19, 2013
emmabeejay: Why are pple on Nairaland soooo dumb... Gates was not coming to show off his money or anything, he was coming to help in polio eradication; which by d way, is why he had abandoned his position @microsoft, to use his own hard earned money in helping young children's health all over the world. Why not give a little credit to that and face the real deal here. This is a country where leaders steal pple's money without any sweat, and still get away with it. lets face the reality, we really need help, considering he fact that the people that are being rubbed don't even know it, bc
os if you guyz know what exactly you're loosing by being in a wealthy country by nature, but poor in every other things all because of some losers acting as a leader.

Don't you think you're actually the dumb one here?? Some of you need to read more and understand how the world works and how America use of its powerful and universally acclaimed citizens for its malicious intentions... The same way they're using Bill Gates for whatever their plan is in Africa, is what the they're trying to use Mark Zuckerberg and google for in China - everything isn't just black or white - it's deeper than "rap." I don't expect you to understand the motives beneath all the superficial polio nonsense...

Polio used to be the boogeyman, then it changed to malaria, then to feeding Africa, then to global warming, and now it's back to polio... grin What's the next boogeyman going to be

He donated $28billion to charity, yet he's still worth $61billion - and there's been no improvements in the lives of the people... Where's the billions of dollars donated to Haiti What happened to the trillions of dollars we all have been donating to UNICEF, Red Cross etc.(I can't keep up with the names anymore) Because the last time I checked, Africa hasn't improved - it just looks like a we're all pouring water into a basket... Which means something is definitely wrong somewhere....

As an African and a proud one, I'm tired of all this fvckery, and everyone labelling "us" the parasites of the world, the nutcase of the world, the dark continent, and the continent that'll always remain the same no matter how much they splash on it... It's high time they stopped playing us for dyckheads in the media with lousy aids and donations - and leave us the fvck alone if they can't actually do what everyone knows would take Africa to the next level... Tired of hand-outs!!

Tell him to stay in America and help them over there... God knows millions of Americans need his help... Next thing, 50cent would be on the plane to the remotest village in Africa telling us he's trying to feed everyone out there - GTFOHWTBS!!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by deb(m): 7:12am On Mar 19, 2013
inufele2:

cry cry so sad your comprehension skills is abysmally poor, you can't understand simple sarcasm? Too bad!

Sorry my tolerance level for mediocrity is zero. I could hardly comprehend reading the next paragraph of a seemingly mediocre comment. Also I don't have that luxury of time. tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Georgeorge20: 7:46am On Mar 19, 2013
Efo lodun,lanbore jeko,tile oge togee je.Omo eni kosedi bebere,kako leke sidi omo elomi.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by livethinme: 9:23am On Mar 19, 2013
shymexx:

Don't you think you're actually the dumb one here?? Some of you need to read more and understand how the world works and how America use of its powerful and universally acclaimed citizens for its malicious intentions... The same way they're using Bill Gates for whatever their plan is in Africa, is what the they're trying to use Mark Zuckerberg and google for in China - everything isn't just black or white - it's deeper than "rap." I don't expect you to understand the motives beneath all the superficial polio nonsense...

Polio used to be the boogeyman, then it changed to malaria, then to feeding Africa, then to global warming, and now it's back to polio... grin What's the next boogeyman going to be

He donated $28billion to charity, yet he's still worth $61billion - and there's been no improvements in the lives of the people... Where's the billions of dollars donated to Haiti What happened to the trillions of dollars we all have been donating to UNICEF, Red Cross etc.(I can't keep up with the names anymore) Because the last time I checked, Africa hasn't improved - it just looks like a we're all pouring water into a basket... Which means something is definitely wrong somewhere....

As an African and a proud one, I'm tired of all this fvckery, and everyone labelling "us" the parasites of the world, the nutcase of the world, the dark continent, and the continent that'll always remain the same no matter how much they splash on it... It's high time they stopped playing us for dyckheads in the media with lousy aids and donations - and leave us the fvck alone if they can't actually do what everyone knows would take Africa to the next level... Tired of hand-outs!!

Tell him to stay in America and help them over there... God knows millions of Americans need his help... Next thing, 50cent would be on the plane to the remotest village in Africa telling us he's trying to feed everyone out there - GTFOHWTBS!!

I weep o...see foolishness.
I'm not sure if you know this, but Bill Gates works not just in Africa but in other continents.
There have been no improvements in the lives of people?..and youre telling someone else to read LOL..he has been at the forefront of Polio eradication, which as been almost TOTALLY eradicated APART from cases in...you guessed it..NIGERIA, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc.

Anyways, on to your wider point, why should these foreigners care about Nigeria, when Nigerians dont care about themselves?..they are defending corrupt politicians etc..you know its funny. You talk about Africa, you do realise that other African countries despise Nigeria because Nigerians are seen as too 'greedy + aggressive'.
Maybe if Nigerians started taking care of their home and holding their politicians to account, just maybe people will start caring

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by naptu2: 9:28am On Mar 19, 2013
When gates first started his charity work, his focus was on education and providing free software/computers.

But guess what? You cannot educate a hungry child, because that child will not be able to concentrate in class. Imagine investing millions into education and yet the children still don't reap the benefits because they spend half the school year at home due to illnesses like malaria. Can you educate a dead child?

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by CROWE: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2013
emmabeejay: Why are pple on Nairaland soooo dumb... Gates was not coming to show off his money or anything, he was coming to help in polio eradication; which by d way, is why he had abandoned his position @microsoft, to use his own hard earned money in helping young children's health all over the world. Why not give a little credit to that and face the real deal here. This is a country where leaders steal pple's money without any sweat, and still get away with it. lets face the reality, we really need help, considering he fact that the people that are being rubbed don't even know it, bc

I agree with you except for that part. Nigeria's problem is not the leaders, it is the people. If you give someone the freedom to misbehave he will always misbehave, that is how people are, the Nigerian government will never become a peoples government if we don't remind them that they are accountable to the people. I guarantee you that if Obama pardons a corrupt politician him and his friends are over and the democratic party by extension will not win another election in years but in Nigeria we just sit at home and complain. Our politicians have a system of robbing the people and getting away with it and it is working, there is no reason to stop. If Nigerians want things to change, we need to remind the Government that they are accountable to the people or we shut up.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by ylaa(f): 10:13am On Mar 19, 2013
OF WHAT USE WAS HIS COMING ANYWAY? LET HIM NOT COME, HE WAS NOT WELCOME IN THE FIRST PLACE. MAKE HIM GO WITH HIM ANTI-CHRIST PRESIDO. BILL KO GATE NI. ASKO. RUBBISH.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Ayohbk(m): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2013
Billyonaire: So in Essence, the Gate's Foundation aid Project was conditional and not charitable. It was not Charity geared towards the cause of the poor, but another strategy by US government to seduce Nigeria Government to doing their bidding. To hell with such Greek's Horse. I implore the Federal Government to release $700m in a single batch to the Health Sector to continue with the Polio programme. Charity and aid are supposed to be granted freely without political ties. Nigeria is not the 53rd State of USA. We are sovereign, we can afford $700m, to hell with Noe-Colonialist, World Policing, Mrs America.
people like dis are d reason dis country will neva progress....I feel irritAted at the sight of your comment....RETARD only worD in my head.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Ayohbk(m): 10:56am On Mar 19, 2013
honeric01: dis is one of d reasons dis country

Will neva progress ....making fun of issues we ought to tackle seriously...with people
Like Dis I hear for d future of dis country

LOL, these ones sef na literates/educated people o. sad sad sad. common sarcasm is hard for you people to understand? embarassed
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by obi123: 11:21am On Mar 19, 2013
shymexx:

really? so there has been no improvement in the lives of people ? so the fact that polio like small pox is about to be eradicated from our lives and the lives of our children's children and their children is not development enough for you ?

I'll tell you where the millions of the money donated goes, right into the pockets of your leaders.Pray tell whose fault is that?

i'm not sure who you are blaming for our stagnation ? Our leaders dont have a real agenda for us and even if they do they haven't the faintest idea how to address them

We have shown incompetence in most areas , that is why handouts have become the order of the day , whose fault is that ?
and why cant Africa say no to the support we get from the outside world ? why cant we say , No!! we got this , i'll tell you why because we got absolutely nothing
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by larynxvibe: 11:24am On Mar 19, 2013
naptu2: (Joking). GEJ should do an "Abacha". We don't need Bill Gates, we don't need the US. We've got North Korea and China.
ur on our own oh
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:38am On Mar 19, 2013
ylaa: OF WHAT USE WAS HIS COMING ANYWAY? LET HIM NOT COME, HE WAS NOT WELCOME IN THE FIRST PLACE. MAKE HIM GO WITH HIM ANTI-CHRIST PRESIDO. BILL KO GATE NI. ASKO. RUBBISH.

you, my friend, need to go to school.

shymexx:

shymexx:

bros, you need to chill out. Sure, I admit that some of us are tired of seeing Africa being labelled as the poor continent were all we need is aid from the west. but are we all really tired of it? take a peek at some of the comments on this thread, defending the pardon of someone who is still wanted abroad for money laundering. what does that tell you? does it sound like what people tired of being perenially labelled as the leeches of the world should be saying?

okay, let us for the sake of conjecture, ask Bill Gates and all other people and organisations sending aid down to Nigeria to stuff it, what happens? You think your government would suddenly sit up to its responsibilites and start doing what it should? Your government doesn't care about you, so if these people withold their aid, things WILL become worse for us! as long as people on Nairaland keep defending the indefensible acts of a corrupt set of people, Nigeria will continue to NEED aid! Polio has virtually been eradicated in Nigeria sef...but for our Northern brothers holding us back. Think all that work was government effort?

besides, be careful about making gross generalizations, carpet statements and wrong conjectures. can you prove that what the gates foundation sends to Nigeria are expired vaccines? just because you don't like the idea of Nigeria being on the receiving end of handouts doesn't mean you start making accusations you yourself cannot conclusively prove. giving a dog a bad name just to hang it doesn't work in modern society (except Nigeria, anyways) so please. You're a smart fellow. Keep to making smart comments you can totally back with conclusive proof.

my word for now.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by obi123: 11:40am On Mar 19, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

bros, you need to chill out. Sure, I admit that some of us are tired of seeing Africa being labelled as the poor continent were all we need is aid from the west. but are we all really tired of it? take a peek at some of the comments on this thread, defending the pardon of someone who is still wanted abroad for money laundering. what does that tell you? does it sound like what people tired of being perenially labelled as the leeches of the world should be saying?

okay, let us for the sake of conjecture, ask Bill Gates and all other people and organisations sending aid down to Nigeria to stuff it, what happens? You think your government would suddenly sit up to its responsibilites and start doing what it should? Your government doesn't care about you, so if these people withold their aid, things WILL become worse for us! as long as people on Nairaland keep defending the indefensible acts of a corrupt set of people, Nigeria will continue to NEED aid! Polio has virtually been eradicated in Nigeria sef...but for our Northern brothers holding us back. Think all that work was government effort?

besides, be careful about making gross generalizations, carpet statements and wrong conjectures. can you prove that what the gates foundation sends to Nigeria are expired vaccines? just because you don't like the idea of Nigeria being on the receiving end of handouts doesn't mean you start making accusations you yourself cannot conclusively prove. giving a dog a bad name just to hang it doesn't work in modern society (except Nigeria, anyways) so please. You're a smart fellow. Keep to making smart comments you can totally back with conclusive proof.

my word for now.

points well made
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Capnd143(m): 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
naptu2: (Joking). GEJ should do an "Abacha". We don't need Bill Gates, we don't need the US. We've got North Korea and China.
you may be joking, bt believe me there is sense in what you are saying! The Us and Uk always associate everything with politics, what has bill gates health grants got to do with person goodluck alamiyeseas pardon? Even Gej did wrong, bt hw those it warrant such childish behaviour? Even when buying jets 4rm them, if there is a small misunderstanding the will start sabre rattling about cutting of aid and suspending planned visits! The us and uk is get very politically childish in foreign policies! TO HELL WITH THEM AND THEIR AID, TO HELL WITH BILL GATES, TO HELL WITH OBAMA, TO HELL WITH THE US! I think the right choice of freinds for us is china, india, north korea, russia, brazil, indonesia and the likes . . These are countries which we can benifit 4rm in terms of technology,military,ICT,finance, mutually without associating everything with politics . . .f.uck the Us.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by somebody(f): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
Bill Gates has confirmed the cancellation of his trip has nothing to do with Alam's pardon. http://premiumtimesng.com/news/125591-bill-gates-confirms-cancellation-of-trip-to-nigeria-but-denies-alamieyeseighas-link.html

The truth is bitter sometimes but it needs to be said. If our house (country) was in order, then what business does the US have dictating terms to us? Truth is right now AFRICA needs help and will continue to get help till we (leaders and people) show ourselves capable of handling our own affairs. For those asking where Bill Gates charity money has gone in Nigeria, perhaps you need to ask your people. Agencies around the world now find it difficult to fund NGOs in Nigeria and I know this because I know a few people in that sector. They give loads of money to Nigerians in the name of grants and the Nigerians have nothing to show for it. They can't account for the money that has been collected - story must enter. Oyinbo people are not saints - who doesn't know that charity business is big business all around the world but oyinbos know how they will chop and still get help to the people that need it. But some Nigerians are too greedy - they collect the grants and use the money to fund their lifestyles with no thought for the people they are meant to be helping.

Bill Gates is no saint but truth is no Nigerian so far has been willing to demonstrate that kind of generosity to causes they believe in whether we agree with those causes or not. Comic Relief in the UK this week raised a record £75 million from poor and rich to help fund causes all around the world not minding their country's economic woes. Nigerians believe in giving all their money to their greedy pastors or keeping it in the bank and yet they ask why the west wants to help them.

And just so you all know, Jonathan also gave a pardon to Major Bello Magaji who was convicted and sentenced to prison by a military court for sexually molesting 4 young boys and was subsequently dismissed from the military. What a country!!! Clueless leaders, equally clueless followers.

http://hotnaijanews.com/2013/03/18/goodluck-jonathan-pardons-homosexual-molester-major-bello-magaji/
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by jbon: 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
america has no moral right to be angry over nigeria decision to forgive her crimial when they the america has legalized abortion thereby wasting milloins of lives annually through abortion and even approving gay maariage which the worst immorality of our time. what did bill gate do when his country sent soldiers to kill millions of iraqis without finding single weapon of mass distructions? these appetheid people have come with indirect way to colonise our country and they must be resisted. to hell with billgate and his money
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by obi2012: 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
You sir are a smart man
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

my word for now.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Femicrux: 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
strangest: mtschewww no be to market microsoft softwares imm dey come for? this is absolutely nonsense, imagine if we boycott microsoft softwares just because US went to war in Iraq.... Nonsense... mtschewww

And how many people use original windows softwares in Nigeria? Or you think its the N150 you pay for softwares at computer village that makes Bill Gates the richest tech-guru in the world?

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by martinosi: 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2013
ideylaff:

@ obi123 mt brother leave the ignorant to be making noise , that what NL is all about these days. once they have a device with internet connection they pass comments like this.... Saying Dangote money is enuff for them

Do they know about this at all http://givingpledge.org/

"The Giving Pledge is a commitment by the world's wealthiest individuals and families to dedicate the majority of their wealth to philanthropy."

http://sherwoodisc2006.arnit.net/the-art-of-giving.html

Has Dangote committed to this at @ all... NO only 2 Africans have so far

Lets give credit to whome credit is due... Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and co deserve nothing but praise

Our own Billionaire carry their money and take outside of the country, donate 1 small amount and make so much noise about it in the Press

Bill gates has bn silently working for years.... Ignorant people need to read more b4 posting rubbish like @we dont need him" Mike Adenugas money and Dangotes money is good enuff for us....

I weep for Nigeria and the future generation. Damn

WHAT ROCK DID THIS DUDE CRAWL UP UNDER FROM

THE BOLD PART ABOVE..TELLS ME U R VERY IGNORANT OF THE WORLD WE LIVE IN..

DANGOTE IS MORE RELEVANT TO AFRICA THAN BILL GATES OR WAREEN BUFFET WILL EVER BE...!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by macherie1: 11:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
The reaction of people who would rather reproof Bill Gates action rather than condemn the abominable act of GEJ makes me wonder if there is any hope for this country. What a pity.

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 20, 2013
jbon: america has no moral right to be angry over nigeria decision to forgive her crimial when they the america has legalized abortion thereby wasting milloins of lives annually through abortion and even approving gay maariage which the worst immorality of our time. what did bill gate do when his country sent soldiers to kill millions of iraqis without finding single weapon of mass distructions? these appetheid people have come with indirect way to colonise our country and they must be resisted. to hell with billgate and his money
Shhhhhhhh! How that justify the state pardon clearly needs explanations.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by toshmann(m): 12:53am On Mar 20, 2013
all4naija: Shhhhhhhh! How that justify the state pardon clearly needs explanations.
it doesn't justify the pardon . . . . .
. . . . but it justifies america removing the log in their eyes before making a movie out of the speck in naija's eyes.

i live here, america is not the best in morality.

but anyway let's not change the topic . . . how is GEJ explaining this one now . .
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 20, 2013
toshmann:
it doesn't justify the pardon . . . . .
. . . . but it justifies america removing the log in their eyes before making a movie out of the speck in naija's eyes.

i live here, america is not the best in morality.

but anyway let's not change the topic . . . how is GEJ explaining this one now . .
Are you saying Americans should remove log from their eyes, as your term, before telling Nigerian government it is wrong to pardon serious criminals? Isn't it a bonus for your country if America is going about ways to get the culprits for the problems in our country? I don't know why you are so obsessed about US and forget the important reasons in what the whole American stance is on about on the issue. It is clear you are not ready to let that country of Nigeria change from its present state of corruption, backwardness, poverty,etc. I can't believe somebody like you who lives in the US is so blind to be speaking out of your inexcusable hate for anything America without really scrutinizing what their position on the matter is all about. Wow! So much for somebody living in the United States!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Rasheed Ladoja Secretly Refunded N500 Million Of Monies Stolen From Oyo Treasury / IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers / Peter Obi & Datti Ahmed Storm Kano For The Wedding Of Emir Of Kano's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.