Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria (36475 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by ayox2003: 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
oyb:

this is what being on team jona does to people

not so long ago, this fellow tried to stand for something, if only misguided pan Africanism. now all he stands for is the endorsement of corruption and the preservation of the status quo .

shocked So Rossike is the same as Rossik?? The dude used to talk solely on pan africanism, being a true nigerian and all that without taking sides.

Little wonder his being making dyslogistic statements about Abati lately. Probably he's been bought for a dime too.

Frawzey
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 4:08pm On Mar 18, 2013
One cannot help but wonder why Alams is so important to the US government.
I mean, it was the British that arrested him, for crying out loud. Wetin concern Yankee for de matter?
Even we Nigerians don't give a crap about him.

Other criminals like Omisore have since been 'discharged honourably', and found their way back to political relevance. I doubt Alams will be able to do much after GEJ is out of office. Abeg fashy polio matter, and let's focus on the real issue - how to send Jona back to Otuoke in 2015 wink

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
ayox2003:
shocked So Rossike is the same as Rossik?? The dude used to talk solely on pan africanism, being a true nigerian and all that without taking sides.

Little wonder his being making dyslogistic statements about Abati lately. Probably he's been bought for a dime too.

Frawzey

I am shocked he supports corruption! I used to think he was different....gave his articles so many likes sad Perhaps they were all copied and pastes!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by toshmann(m): 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
playboy19:

I tell you, you are an Epic dunce. So in your abundance of mediocrity, you will rather celebrate Alams as a Messiah than a shameless criminal that he is?

You should tell the above to the British government, will ya? Maybe you have forgotten, your almighty messiah Alams is a Wanted Criminal in the UK. Now tell us he has served his time at the scotland yard too

You know, some peeps will argue that George bush, chenney, tony Blair etc should be tried for war crimes in Iraq.
Bill Clinton pardoned some criminally minded people too.

Not trying to defend alams but I hate it when we try to use the west as an example as if the west is more moral.

We saw the outcry after 22 children were killed in Connecticut. Who will try Obama for the children killed by drones in Pakistan? Bc CNN doesn't talk of the full casualties of those attacks abi?
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by vlarge: 4:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
GEJ better pray very hard for 2015 for him to either win the election (which I doubt pretty much) or PDP wins. Otherwise I am almost 100% certain he will go to jail. I may sound funny to alot of guys now but we shall see.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by obi123: 4:22pm On Mar 18, 2013
Delafruita: you mean he is coming to market his software to a country with one of the highest ranking of piracy in the world?oh my gosh...you're so intelligent.how did you easily decode his motive?

ah delafruita please say no more, lest we offend strangest our very own Sherlock Holmes, because only a gifted person can reason like that
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by sfada(m): 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
To hell with your visit, Mr gate.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Lordwize(m): 4:26pm On Mar 18, 2013
It's not quite long, that thier president grant presidential pardon to 17 criminals and they didn't protest. why is it our own? They want to lord over the world, I believe we can do without them, if we are serious. We are a sovereign state for God's sake, is sinners that are suppose to be pardoned. Governors do grant pardon to some petty criminals and we don't raise eyebrow, is it because GEJ oga at the top is among them? I think he tried by respecting the fingers that fed him, lets forget this Bill Gates forming.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by ayox2003: 4:27pm On Mar 18, 2013
ifeness:

I am shocked he supports corruption! I used to think he was different....gave his articles so many likes sad Perhaps they were all copied and pastes!

He's the new Nairaland Abati. Don't worry. Its just 780days to go. We'd know who they'd work for when GEJ's gone.

Frawzey
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Pennywise(m): 4:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
Jonathan just keeps sinking deeper. He cant be helped.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Niftyrules(m): 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
vanstanzy:

GEJ, Oga@d Top see wetin u dey cause Mtschewww...

BILL GATE WAN COME NIGERIA BUT HIS OGA AT THE TOP MAY WANT TO COME ALONG WITH HIM AND HE DIDNT KNOW IF HE SHOULD INFORM HIM OR NOT
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by camelus: 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
Basic: If he has other reasons for changing his mind, he should come out straight and not hide under the US government's disappointment over Alameseigha's pardon?
For crying out loud, what's the correlation between healthcare grants/donations and political matters? Does he have ulterior motives?
To the blazes with Bill Gates and his "assistance". He's not bigger than our country. And we don't need him.
Nigeria has been existing before Bill Gates, and will continue to exist after him. We've been getting grants before his, and we'll surely get grants if he withdraws his.
Who send Bill Gates sef? Who send am?
@ Poster are u sleeping,u need to wake up from ur slumber cos US has standard.U better advice ur President GEJ to be doing what is right.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by naptu2: 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2013
I've got a new one to add to my collection.

Why punish that corrupt official? Leave him alone! He's defending the black man against neo-colonialism. (Who cares about the innocent children that are dying because of his greed. What matters is that he takes a stand against the West).

naptu2: You know, i think my theory is correct. In Nigeria, you can do whatever you want, you'll still have supporters, in fact, you could probably get away with it (scot free). All you need to do is appeal to sentiments.

Alamieyeseigha was only witchhunted by Obasanjo (never mind that he was caught redhanded by police in the UK). Is he the only governor in Nigeria? They should leave him alone! (Never mind that people are dying in Bayelsa because of lack of adequate healthcare)

Bode George did not do anything wrong. It was simply a plot by Tinubu. After all, he was tried under "Lagos State law". Leave him alone.

So what if Obafaiye Shem did not know the website address? What does it matter? Everybody makes mistakes. Leave him alone, he's got a wife and kids. (nevermind that people who have been tricked by scammers with fake NSCDC websites also have wives and kids).

So what if that man stole money? Don't people from other "tribes" steal money? Leave him alone and focus on people from other "tribes".

Why talk about that incompetent public official? So what if Nigerians suffer because of his incompetence? Don't you have other things to talk about?

Then we wonder why Nigeria is the way it is.

Smh
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by adconline(m): 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
disisflex: Who is loosing...is he coming to share money to nigerians or buy some more oil blocs..well Dangote has canceled his trip to USA over bill gate s nigeria trip cancellation.

Nigerians are LOSING cos Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation gives a lot aid to our health ministry. Ignorance is your problem, go and read up!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
Now people will begin to see the cost of selling votes. cry
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by occam(m): 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
Rossikk:

If he were to sent to prison today, the entire Creeks would explode in uproar, oil and gas supplies would plummet, and the Nigerian economy will tank.

OKupe made similar statement and I thought he smoked illicit drugs.

In that case, throw Alams in jail and let the cards fall wherever. Nigeria is too big for anyone talk less of a disgraced and corrupt man.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
AjanleKoko: One cannot help but wonder why Alams is so important to the US government.
I mean, it was the British that arrested him, for crying out loud. Wetin concern Yankee for de matter?
Even we Nigerians don't give a crap about him.

Other criminals like Omisore have since been 'discharged honourably', and found their way back to political relevance. I doubt Alams will be able to do much after GEJ is out of office. Abeg fashy polio matter, and let's focus on the real issue - how to send Jona back to Otuoke in 2015 wink

We, Nigerians actually care about Alams. He was tried in a foreign country so he brought us National shame so to speak.

Thank you, Mr Gates for making such a loud statement with your action.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by deb(m): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
oyb: Enters rossik/sincerengerian/lastpope mode -

Who is bill gates sef . He is just a huckster.he made his money selling a rubbish OS. We don't need his peanuts. Who does he think he is. We can get donations from steve jobs whose company is far more successful.

Exits sycophant mode

Good luck to those poor sods in benue. Your hiv treatments are now fully in the hands of the thieves at the top

I've read many idiotic responses on Nairaland in the past, this one is a top-draw. It is the oga patapata at the top of all idiotic comments. Chei!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2013
deb:

I've read many idiotic responses on Nairaland in the past, this one is a top-draw. It is the oga patapata at the top of all idiotic comments. Chei!

cry cry so sad your comprehension skills is abysmally poor, you can't understand simple sarcasm? Too bad!

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by brainpulse: 5:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
cap28:
stop using diversionary tactics to get away from my question.

I have just asked you a question, since you said [b] all [b/] disease plaquing africans are from the west
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by MAYOWAAK: 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
Lordwize: It's not quite long, that thier president grant presidential pardon to 17 criminals and they didn't protest. why is it our own? They want to lord over the world, I believe we can do without them, if we are serious. We are a sovereign state for God's sake, is sinners that are suppose to be pardoned. Governors do grant pardon to some petty criminals and we don't raise eyebrow, is it because GEJ oga at the top is among them? I think he tried by respecting the fingers that fed him, lets forget this Bill Gates forming.

America has a designation called "state sponsors of terrorism". Looks like they have spotted a new category, "state sponsors of corruption", and our friends in Abuja are have Usain Bolted their way into it! Bill Gates, apparently, wants no dalliance with the moneychangers defiling the temple!

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Katsumoto: 6:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
Rossikk:

If he were to sent to prison today, the entire Creeks would explode in uproar, oil and gas supplies would plummet, and the Nigerian economy will tank.

Dude

You are a political jobber hiding behind some BS Pan-Africanism. How do you explain the asinine comment above? Continue to sell your soul thinking that it won't impact your children negatively. The Nigerian economy would tank if a criminal/thief is sent to prison? ? ? shocked shocked shocked

I put it to you that you are a part of the problem. Leaders like GEJ may not even know the effect of their stupid policies/decisions because they have sycophants such as yourself who don't give them the true picture. How will Nigeria progress when sycophantic political jobbers are alleging that Nigeria would tank if a wanted criminal is sent to prison.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Katsumoto: 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2013
cap28:

because it means the black race will go the way of the american indian ie near extinction by the end of the 21st century leaving our land and resources for the europeans as is currently the case in north america, australia, canada and new zealand.

What sort of scare mongering is this? You take your hate/fear of the Caucasian too far.

Population control is necessary for all parts of the world except the rich world where the birth rates have gone down. Do you understand that meat and water will become scarcer in a few decades? If Africans are going hungry today even though they are resource rich, imagine how hungry they would be when their wasting assets are long gone.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Cornel88(m): 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
Gej's govt is always full of surprises. I wont be surprise if GEJ comes out to say,

'America/Obama should go to hell'. Though I don't pray so.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by MAYOWAAK: 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
So Nigeria has now reached a situation where even an individual has imposed sanctions on us for our corruption-friendliness?

Dear Bill Gates,

We are remorseful and we promise not to patronise pirated Microsoft products henceforth. Please grant us "CLEMENCY and PARDON"!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Gbawe2: 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
Katsumoto:

Dude

You are a political jobber hiding behind some BS Pan-Africanism. How do you explain the asinine comment above? Continue to sell your soul thinking that it won't impact your children negatively. The Nigerian economy would tank if a criminal/thief is sent to prison? ? ? shocked shocked shocked

I put it to you that you are a part of the problem. Leaders like GEJ may not even know the effect of their stupid policies/decisions because they have sycophants such as yourself who don't give them the true picture. How will Nigeria progress when sycophantic political jobbers are alleging that Nigeria would tank if a wanted criminal is sent to prison.

They are the worst kind. Absolutely worthless to their Nation with the automatic defence they always put up in support of what no sane person should defend. I argue it everyday that GEJ is an Idi Amin and Abacha 'throwback' without the crude brutality. One has to wonder if this is what these hollow thinkers, masquerading as 'Pan-Africanist, consider a good template for the development of the "mother land" or whether they are actually vapid and pityful racists or failed and bitter diasporans who believe they must automatically defend their black leaders,regardless of whether he is right or wrong, once said leader is criticised by the "white establishment/power". Worthless people.

The irony is that most will never leave their diasporan base to come and put their money where their loud mouth is. Perhaps someone should remind them that all their pan-African idols came home to get involved and make a difference instead of limiting their input to combating and negating anything 'whitey' says against Africa from the comfort of London or Atlanta. Charity begins at home and I have no respect for any clown who does not appreciate that. If you want to talk the talk, then walk the walk rather than ranting about loving Africa and wanting what is best for her from outside the continent.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
Gbawe.:

The irony is that most will never leave their diasporan base to come and put their money where their loud mouth is. Perhaps someone should remind them that all their pan-African idols came home to get involved and make a difference instead of limiting their input to combating and negating anything 'whitey' says against Africa from the comfort of London or Atlanta. Charity begins at home and I have no respect for any clown who does not appreciate that.

gbam
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by aruniwar(m): 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
Him now ant come before !!!!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Gbawe2: 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
oyb:

gbam

Man mi, these clowns are pathetic. Most of them are nothing but pitiful racists blaiming their failure entirely on 'whitey'. WHat is stopping these budding Nkrumahs and Lumumba from coming back home? Are they all politically exiled abroad or persecuted asylum seekers unable to return? Who are these losers fooling? Perhaps someone forgot to tell them that the Nkrumahs, Lumumba, Awolowo, Azikiwe et al came back to practice what they preach. These clowns are the sort who go abroad and can't hack it.

Their fellow successful diasporan, who got where they did through hard work, are "Uncle Toms". They go around, rather than just crack on with life even with all its challenges, using airy fairy 'persecuted brother' speech and perpetually talking about conspiracy theories all involving the "white devil". I can't stand these fools and empty barrels. Let them tell us their involvement with Africa. No doubt it is zero. Worthless people.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Katsumoto: 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
Gbawe.:

They are the worst kind. Absolutely worthless to their Nation with the automatic defence they always put up in support of what no sane person should defend. I argue it everyday that GEJ is an Idi Amin and Abacha 'throwback' without the crude brutality. One has to wonder if this is what these hollow thinkers, masquerading as 'Pan-Africanist, consider a good template for the development of the "mother land" or whether they are actually vapid and pityful racists or failed and bitter diasporans who believe they must automatically defend their black leaders,regardless of whether he is right or wrong, once said leader is criticised by the "white establishment/power". Worthless people.

The irony is that most will never leave their diasporan base to come and put their money where their loud mouth is. Perhaps someone should remind them that all their pan-African idols came home to get involved and make a difference instead of limiting their input to combating and negating anything 'whitey' says against Africa from the comfort of London or Atlanta. Charity begins at home and I have no respect for any clown who does not appreciate that. If you want to talk the talk, then walk the walk rather than ranting about loving Africa and wanting what is best for her from outside the continent.

Has Rossikk ever identified himself as a Nigerian/African living abroad? I have always assumed he was based in Nigeria. Nevertheless, everyone's situation is different. Not everyone is in a position to return to Nigeria/Africa for various reasons. Africans in Diaspora still contribute a great deal to the continent. Nigerians in diaspora are amongst the greatest contributors to the Nigerian economy. People in diaspora can still love their motherland from their bases abroad.

Having said that, I agree with the underlying tone of your post. If you are not contributing in funds, ideas, and developmental projects, then it can be a bit rich professing Pan-africanism rather vociferously. But even Pan-Africans who are not contributing are still much better than those such as Rossikk who are a part of the problem due to brown nosing for crumbs. If you are not a part of the solution, try not to add to the problems. Rossikk is part of the problem with some of his asinine comments on this thread alone. How does a sane person rationalize that a country of 160 million will tank if a criminal is sent to prison?
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Gbawe2: 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
Katsumoto:

Has Rossikk ever identified himself as a Nigerian/African living abroad? I have always assumed he was based in Nigeria. Nevertheless, everyone's situation is different. Not everyone is in a position to return to Nigeria/Africa for various reasons. Africans in Diaspora still contribute a great deal to the continent. Nigerians in diaspora are amongst the greatest contributors to the Nigerian economy. People in diaspora can still love their motherland from their bases abroad.

Having said that, I agree with the underlying tone of your post. If you are not contributing in funds, ideas, and developmental projects, then it can be a bit rich professing Pan-africanism rather vociferously. But even Pan-Africans who are not contributing are still much better than those such as Rossikk who are a part of the problem due to brown nosing for crumbs. If you are not a part of the solution, try not to add to the problems. Rossikk is part of the problem with some of his asinine comments on this thread alone. How does a sane person rationalize that a country of 160 million will tank if a criminal is sent to prison?

My brother, I am not talking about him specifically. There are many of them here vapidly espousing Pan-Africanism when their noise ultimately rings hollow because they will not even get involved in any shape or form. I would have no problem with their rants, and would even remain dismissive of it, if the are also not invariably those always quick to insult anyone who does not share their extreme and hard-line views.

Regarding diasporans, I am one also and remain proudly so even as I am now fully involved with Africa through business endeavours. You are absolutely correct that most love their Nation proudly. They even contribute from abroad. Noteworthy is the fact that many are well-adjusted and not mentally damaged goods always rounding on others and defending our leaders blindly for their imbecilic actions.

As for your conclusion, are you surprised to note his ilk think like that? Everything is about blindly defending the "brother leader", never mind he is totally wrong, against the "white devils". Charity begins at home and I particularly dislike these idiots because they are dishonest and a waste of space. Come and see rural villages, throughout Africa, in Africa where it is much maligned 'whitey' manning vital health and education NGO's. You will feel ashamed - especially juxtaposing what you see with the noise of these charlatans here. You would think , for all their noise, Africa would be a wonderful story of self-help. This is why I hate these MIA (missing in action) clowns. They won't act yet will run around insulting everyone.

What are these Nairaland pan-Africanists clowns doing? Are the starving and sick children not their children? I have no time for them. They can only fool those who don't know the reality with their flowery speech. The conclusion is that there is no justifiable excuse for what GEJ did but when has that ever made sense to racist who feel compelled to defend their leaders blindly only because appropriate and correct criticism comes from those of the "wrong" skin colour and from the wrong "imperialist" nation?
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria by Tigerhead: 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
Gbawe.:

There is no justifiable excuse for what GEJ did but when has that ever made sense to racist who feel compelled to defend their leaders blindly only because appropriate and correct criticism comes from those of the wrong skin colour and from the wrong nation?

We all know that the offense GEJ committed was to pardon an Ijaw man from his state. I wonder why you people don't have the courage to just come out and say it.

As for Bill Gates - eff him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Saraki's Meeting With Oyegun And APC Leaders Cancelled Abruptly / Deji Adeyanju "Offered N1 Million At Gunpoint" To Suspend #FreeSowore Protest / PDP Tweets About 108 Suvs Saraki Bought Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.