Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy (25610 Views)

Arms Deals: Fresh Controversy Over $1b Loan Approved For Jonathan-The Nation / Fayose Pardons 31 Ekiti Civil Servants Who Resumed Late To Work / FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by clemmonce(m): 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
[quote author=Omen100]President Goodluck Jonathan enters the second week of his controversial pardon set to contend with a flurry of new issues and criticism from many who are trying to make sense of his reasoning for letting off former army Major, Bello Magaji, convicted and sentenced to five years jail term for sodomy, another name for homosexuality, by a military Court [General Court Martial] in 1996.
Mr. Magaji, a former military police officer attached to the Lagos Garrison Command, was convicted for serial homosexual intercourse with four students of the Army Cantonment Boys Secondary School in Ojo Cantonment in Lagos. The teenagers were Mohammed, Joseph, Emmanuel, and Isaac, according to court records obtained by PREMIUM TIMES. We are witholding the surnames names of the victims since they were teenagers at the time of the incident. Download full judgment here.
The documents spoke of how Mr. Magaji intoxicated the young men, all from poor background, with alcohol, making them dizzy and then forcing them to have homosexual intercourse. He would then offer them token financial inducement to meet family obligations.
One of the teenagers recalled that: “He said I shouldn’t worry that I should go and bath. After my bath he gave me N1500.00k and said I should give Oscar N500.00k for bringing me. Then when I came out I gave Oscar N500.00k and it remained N1000.00k. Out of the N1000.00k Oscar collected N100.00k and it remained N900.00k. From the N900.00k, I bought things paid small small credit I was owing and bought school uniform for myself.”
Mr. Bello Magaji whose reasons for making the list remains puzzling, was one of about a dozen convicts that earned President Jonathan’s pardon Tuesday after a Council of State meeting in Abuja along with the president’s disgraced former boss, Mr. DSP Alamieyeseigha, a one-time governor in Bayelsa State where the president served as his deputy.
Mr. Magaji’s pardon, coming at a time that legislative and religious institutions in the country are bracing for a stormy confrontation with the local and international gay and lesbian communities is bound to shock many observers of the Jonathan presidency.
In November 2011, the Nigerian Senate passed a stunning anti-gay legislation which criminalizes homosexuality and gay marriage with a 14-year jail term. Although the move drew sharp international rebuke from both western and American political leaders, the Senate President, Mr. David Mark, in February this year, went ahead to defend the move, promising a delighted conference of Catholic bishops that the senate will lead the fight against homosexuality in the country. Mr. Mark was however at the meeting where Mr.Magagi got his pardon but was not on record to have uttered a voice against the move.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/125432-jonathan-pardons-homosexual-rapist-triggering-fresh-controversy.html

Jonathan pardons homosexual rapist, triggering fresh controversy

President Goodluck Jonathan enters the second week of his controversial pardon set to contend with a flurry of new issues and criticism from many who are trying to make sense of his reasoning for letting off former army Major, Bello Magaji, convicted and sentenced to five years jail term for sodomy, another name for homosexuality, by a military Court [General Court Martial] in 1996.
Mr. Magaji, a former military police officer attached to the Lagos Garrison Command, was convicted for serial homosexual intercourse with four students of the Army Cantonment Boys Secondary School in Ojo Cantonment in Lagos. The teenagers were Mohammed, Joseph, Emmanuel, and Isaac, according to court records obtained by PREMIUM TIMES. We are witholding the surnames names of the victims since they were teenagers at the time of the incident. Download full judgment here.
The documents spoke of how Mr. Magaji intoxicated the young men, all from poor background, with alcohol, making them dizzy and then forcing them to have homosexual intercourse. He would then offer them token financial inducement to meet family obligations.
One of the teenagers recalled that: “He said I shouldn’t worry that I should go and bath. After my bath he gave me N1500.00k and said I should give Oscar N500.00k for bringing me. Then when I came out I gave Oscar N500.00k and it remained N1000.00k. Out of the N1000.00k Oscar collected N100.00k and it remained N900.00k. From the N900.00k, I bought things paid small small credit I was owing and bought school uniform for myself.”
Mr. Bello Magaji whose reasons for making the list remains puzzling, was one of about a dozen convicts that earned President Jonathan’s pardon Tuesday after a Council of State meeting in Abuja along with the president’s disgraced former boss, Mr. DSP Alamieyeseigha, a one-time governor in Bayelsa State where the president served as his deputy.
Mr. Magaji’s pardon, coming at a time that legislative and religious institutions in the country are bracing for a stormy confrontation with the local and international gay and lesbian communities is bound to shock many observers of the Jonathan presidency.
In November 2011, the Nigerian Senate passed a stunning anti-gay legislation which criminalizes homosexuality and gay marriage with a 14-year jail term. Although the move drew sharp international rebuke from both western and American political leaders, the Senate President, Mr. David Mark, in February this year, went ahead to defend the move, promising a delighted conference of Catholic bishops that the senate will lead the fight against homosexuality in the country. Mr. Mark was however at the meeting where Mr.Magagi got his pardon but was not on record to have uttered a voice against the move.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/125432-jonathan-pardons-homosexual-rapist-triggering-fresh-controversy.html

please, is it true that 1person in every 4 people in Benue has HIV & Benue state has been declared the official HIV/AIDS capital of
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by k2039: 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2013
KINGwax: Wen OBJ said uncle jona sorrounds himself with the wrong set of advisers, only the blind in thinking argued!
Any sensible person shld knw he was only trying to prove that he didn't pardon the ones he pardoned based on personal interest. but as much as d move wld av helped him remove most of d tentions he created for himself, his advisers actually brought forward, the wrongest candidate!
[size=13pt] I get the joke @ bolder.
[/size]
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by ichommy(m): 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2013
Follow d toilet and turn left, mtcheww

dedons: Naija don tire me o...abeg where i fit follow go somalia
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2013
Okija_juju: WHAT THE FHUCK!!!!!!! shocked shocked

Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, I advise you to sack all your advisers now. They are agents of the APC Devil out to ruin you.

He pardoned a pea`dophile?! shocked WHY?!

#TheFreshAirIsFadingFast!!

PLS DONT CHOKE ON ME MAN! STAY WITH ME!!!!
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by jmoore(m): 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2013
GEJ, please shutdown every prison in Nigeria, thank you. angry
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Ejine(m): 12:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
Jonathan took one look at him, tapped him on the back and said, "I forgive you my son. Now, go get that asss."

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by mu2sa2: 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2013
If GEJ has a large heart as some1 has posted, he should just grant clemency/pardon to every single person that has been convicted, not this disgraceful selective trash coming from him. As for Bello Mogaji, I wonder what nigerians make of his pardon. This man as an army officer was using a soldier to lure secondary school boys to his residence. He would offer them a drink laced with drug and sodomize his victims while intoxicated. And the eediot at the time had two wives. Sodomizing children after drugging them - does this man deserve the pardon?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by DrWhizy(m): 12:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
bidell1:

You called this a joke You need to take your medications
wz havn a bad dai buh wif dis comment damn!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin cheesy
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by lacasa: 12:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
GEJ must be the Anti - Christ grin

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by groovie(m): 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by groovie(m): 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
Its unfortunate the choice of words used on the president. Even if u feel he is wrong, dont u know he represents the entire country? We are just ridiculing ourselves and on a nigerian forum too.
SMH
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by myola777(m): 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
somebody guess the next person Jonathan is going to pardon because this is d month of forgiveness, Halleluyah
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by konami001: 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
Na Pardon Pardon Govt one chance we enter so... E Joe oooooooooo... I never hear you pardon good people since o... na so so thieves, murderers, rapists you dey pardon... make u pardon the good people wey mistake elect you na.. which ways?
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by fkaz(m): 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2013
Jona will later get his own pardon from those type of men of god.
They will never call him to order now, when he is doing the wrong thing. a**s hole

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Demdem(m): 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2013

Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, I advise you to sack all your advisers now. They are agents of the APC Devil out to ruin you.

Dont u think that the retardeen himself is the problem and not his advisers. He will always attract to himself his kind remember.
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Bigcake: 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
The problem wit most Nigerians is that the dont understand simple english. What does the word 'Pardon' means? Does it mean to kill and destroy? We just have to forgive pple that hav tresspass against us if we are to move this country forward. Let anyone who have neva ask God for forgiveness cast the first stone. This man Gej is the best thing to happen to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
groovie: Its unfortunate the choice of words used on the president. Even if u feel he is wrong, dont u know he represents the entire country? We are just ridiculing ourselves and on a nigerian forum too.
SMH

Johnathan has ridiculed the whole of Nigeria by his actions! Nigeria is a huge joke right now thanks to him.
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by phonearena: 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
Nxt news headline 'Jonathan pardons the 20 yahoo boys who were caught in benin only 2 get scammed by their leader'.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
What is this noise abt pardonin criminals about. Nigerians ar always quick 2 condem d decisons of any1 in position of power or authority and we do xo wt flammboyant ignorance. GEJ did not draft d constitution and he folowed due processs and constitutional guide in granting d pardon. Pardon is meant for convicted criminals and that is wht has been hapenin. Maybe wht some folks expect to hear is d grant of pardon to pope benedict for retiring instead of remainin pope till death. Ppardon is meant for criminals and not saints.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by kokosheen(m): 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
For the period Patience Jonathan wasn't around, GEJ seemed to be taking good strides and personally my position (oppposition) waned a little. Now that she's back and running, the Presidency has reactivated the harakiri mode.

I hope the country exist by 2015, because at this rate, unless GEJ pays all army officers at least $1m/year, something will happen. sad
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Policewoman(f): 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2013

Damn! Even me wey be key Jonathan supporter for office don dey hide my face in shame. Bros don fall my hands and even legz sef.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by groovie(m): 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
tatiana009:

Johnathan has ridiculed the whole of Nigeria by his actions! Nigeria is a huge joke right now thanks to him.
No bro, wat we are making out of this situation is actually the joke. we should criticize without hurling insults at the president. in my opinion he is wrong but am sitting back to hear the motives behind dis pardon and we will hear about it sooner than later
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
konami001: Na Pardon Pardon Govt one chance we enter so... E Joe oooooooooo... I never hear you pardon good people since o... na so so thieves, murderers, rapists you dey pardon... make u pardon the good people wey mistake elect you na.. which ways?
Pardon good people? Can u define pardon?
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Policewoman(f): 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2013
Davo93: Wetin be una problem naw,,, who is the state pardon meant for?? Saints? Abeg free am jor, you just dey talk like say u wey dey comment go beta pass am if given the privilege... *Ojukwu wey kill millions of Igbo with his stubborness sef was pardoned*
Sharaaap dia! No call Ojukwu here o! Afterall he is neither a looter nor a child molester like those pardoned.
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by PHILONZO(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
PDP people are all gays now.....what do you expect?
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by ocelot2006(m): 1:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
To everyone raining abuses on the president, I suggest you confirm if the story is true 'cos NO OTHER media house has published this "story".

And btw, within the pardon of Alams and the fallout and criticisms that followed, do you really think GEJ will be so quick to out another politically sensitive pardon? Think people!
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by a4hafoe(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
Guyz u knw my concern here? I wnt to knw d reaction of d west,gej pardoned corrupt officalz and e earned disdain 4rm d west,nw e dn pardon homosexualist wic d west or usa support homosex act,nw i wn knw wetin d fuckin usa pple we say abt dz,gej jez wnt to mend his relatnshp wit usa by dz pardon...let wait and c
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
groovie:
No bro, wat we are making out of this situation is actually the joke. we should criticize without hurling insults at the president. in my opinion he is wrong but am sitting back to hear the motives behind dis pardon and we will hear about it sooner than later

D criticism is even baseless. That we are not happy wt a particular decision dat is done and taken rightly is nt a good ground for constructive critism. He is the president and has d right to fetter discretion. When ur mesiah gets to power, let him kill all convicted criminals and pardon non.
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by victorazy(m): 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2013

His advisers? As Zombi or wat? Ok, am advising GEJ to go and dive inside River Niger grin grin grin as anu mpam he be!
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Realmantalk: 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
fuct Gukluk things
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Urine: 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
torhuke:

D criticism is even baseless. That we are not happy wt a particular decision dat is done and taken rightly is nt a good ground for constructive critism. He is the president and has d right to fetter discretion. When ur mesiah gets to power, let him kill all convicted criminals and pardon non.

I know you have a right to voice out your opinion but how will you feel if your son or daughter is raped by a paedophile? Please take into cognisance that this is an act that the child might never recover from.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by ZACHIE: 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
I need pardon
i cheated on my wife
GEJ, please, pardon ne

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-pension Reform Boss Maina Offers To Assist Buhari Stop Corruption In Sector / Arewa Youths Urge UN To Label IPOB Terrorist Group / Rochas Okorocha Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode: "You Need Clinical Examinations"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.