Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,461 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno (20768 Views)

Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo / 2 Catholic Churches Attacked In Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Walecole74: 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2013
According to the parish priest of Christ the King Catholic Parish, Kurudu, Abuja, Rev. Fr. Jerome Ituah (OCD), the Boko Haram sect has destroyed 50 out of the 52 Catholic churches in Maiduguri Catholic Diocese of Borno State.

Ituah, who was speaking yesterday during a church service, revealed that he was in Maiduguri during the week and that Catholic faithfuls, were forced to conduct services under the sun and rain, because of the destruction carried out by the Islamists.

“Out of the 52 catholic churches in Maiduguri diocese, 50 of them have been destroyed by Boko Haram. Yet the faithful are not discouraged of their faith. You would always see them worshipping under rain and sun in open places at the site of their destroyed places of worship,” he stated.

He also encourgaed the Catholics in Kurudu, to continually pray for their Maiduguri counterparts and those in other regions, where insurgency is a threat.

Where is this country heading to and some people are clamouring amnesty for this group?

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/18/boko-haram-has-destroyed-50-out-of-52-catholic-churches-in-borno-rev-fr-ituah/
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2013
Alarming!
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by IGBOSON1: 1:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
And to think some people have the nerve to call for amnesty for these children of satan is mind boggling! What the story forgot to add was the 'collateral damage' that went with those churches.

Their aim is to islamise and ethnically cleanse the north east (they've not managed to gain a foothold in the north west as much as they would have liked owing to the bolder and better resistance there) mainly for political and religious reasons

They've gained some form of success, and i reckon they would only take up the ill adviced offer of amnesty when they feel that they've killed a good number of christians/southerners and burnt enough churches......the bastards!

14 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Beaf1: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
The remaining two still standing must be very solid aground.

What will even a serious minded Muslim be doing in Maiduguri let alone a catholic church-goer? the "enemy"? smh
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by PointB: 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
Bombs and bullets can shatter and destroy buildings, but they only straighten the Christian faith! Kudos to the Catholic faithfuls. The joy of the Lord is your strength!

53 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Decapo: 4:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
Very bad
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
50 down, 2 to go...

9 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by tommykiwi(m): 4:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
That is how God will destroy all of them too

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Samelfisha(m): 4:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ok can i eat nw
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by omoodeogere(m): 4:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
tommykiwi: That is how God will destroy all of them too
amennnnnnnn oooo

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Yuzarsif(m): 4:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
May God protect us
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
musKeeto: 50 down, 2 to go...
u are fooolish!!!

25 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
musKeeto: 50 down, 2 to go...

I pity the scumbag that gave birth to you

13 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by gunpoint(m): 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
Can't tink of wat to write right nw, so I wil b bac. But as usual I am hapi to hv made front page. Ose Eledumare grin
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Okijajuju1(m): 4:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
2 more churches to checkmate..

The remaining 2 churches should come to me for spiritual protection or else!!..

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by rose002(m): 4:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
Wat da hellllllllll angry r dey crazy or na craze dey worry dem angryy will dey try such nonsense in my own church embarassedwhere da hell is all dis yeye securities undecided
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by victorazy(m): 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
All these go end soon

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by hurricaneChris: 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
"... The kingdom of hell (boko haram) shall never prevail against the church...." This is d promise of Jesus to his church!

The more they the holy Church is persecuted, the stronger she becomes.

Benedicttus. Domine tibi mater ecclesae.......God's blessing be with mother of the church..

9 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by ebamma(m): 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by oilyngbati3(m): 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
PointB: Bombs and bullets can shatter and destroy buildings, but they only straighten the Christian faith! Kudos to the Catholic faithfuls. The joy of the Lord is your strength!
Yea! Just remember that when all the so called "faithfuls" sit there like ducks and do nothing to protect themselves, there will be no "faithful" to pass on the christian faith to the next generation. The Europeans that took Spain from the arab terrorists did so from a position of power and not from that of weakness. Africans, especially christians must understand that you don't beg barbarians and terrorists to let you live, rather you fight to earn the right to exist!

16 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by coogar: 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
Walecole74: According to the parish priest of Christ the King Catholic Parish, Kurudu, Abuja, Rev. Fr. Jerome Ituah (OCD), the Boko Haram sect has destroyed 50 out of the 52 Catholic churches in Maiduguri Catholic Diocese of Borno State.

Ituah, who was speaking yesterday during a church service, revealed that he was in Maiduguri during the week and that Catholic faithfuls, were forced to conduct services under the sun and rain, because of the destruction carried out by the Islamists.

“Out of the 52 catholic churches in Maiduguri diocese, 50 of them have been destroyed by Boko Haram. Yet the faithful are not discouraged of their faith. You would always see them worshipping under rain and sun in open places at the site of their destroyed places of worship,” he stated.

He also encourgaed the Catholics in Kurudu, to continually pray for their Maiduguri counterparts and those in other regions, where insurgency is a threat.

Where is this country heading to and some people are clamouring amnesty for this group?

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/18/boko-haram-has-destroyed-50-out-of-52-catholic-churches-in-borno-rev-fr-ituah/

and what are the christians doing?
they keep fasting and praying for God to heal nigeria. praying for a country ruled by nonentities. no country can thrive if there's no revolution. nigerians are waiting for God to do the job for them......the people praying for nigeria are the real enemies of nigeria. they are the ones allowing evil to rule that country instead of taking action to banish the evil once and for all.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
Human_being1st: u are fooolish!!!
who is foolish? Lol..

You keep 52 kids in one room. A flu spreads and kills the first, second, third, fourth up to fifty of them and you're happy that the rest can still walk around naked...

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by playcharles(m): 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
the lord is our strength
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by ebamma(m): 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
Okija_juju: 2 more churches to checkmate..

mumu now has a name and its name is okija juju

10 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by 50calibre(m): 4:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
The only solution to this boko haram menace, is complete annihilation, just rain down bombs on the whole northern region till its flattened to dust.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by oilyngbati3(m): 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
musKeeto:
who is foolish? Lol..

You keep 52 kids in one room. A flu spreads and kills the first, second, third, fourth up to fifty of them and you're happy that the rest can still walk around naked...
Bros, don't mind these so called "christians" who think God will come down and fight for them angry

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by rose002(m): 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
Wat will I do to dis Boko guys O my chineke dey r really gettn on my nerves tongue
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
Okija_juju: 2 more churches to checkmate..

lol, no mind these Christians.. Even Jesus no fit do odeshi on their behalf, ma so e end up for cross..

50 churches gone and the remaining two still dey there, tomorrow if BH bomb dem, dem go dey ask God why...

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by webcityng: 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
God ways is different from human thinking

left for me, why would i want my children to die in crisis?

OH LORD COME DOWN AND MANIFEST YOUR POWER?
Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by Samsantos9: 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
Later some clowns would come to Nl and start saying they target both christians and muslims alike if I may ask how many mosques have successfully been destroyed/bombed in Borno?

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno by oilyngbati3(m): 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC News: Three Wonder Bank Operators Bags 8 Months Jail Term For Cheating / Obiano Inspects Construction Work At Nando / Ekiti 2018: Fayemi Declares, Says APC Will Defeat, Jail Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.