Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,499 members, 7,850,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:13 AM

My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker (15774 Views)

I'm Scared Of Approaching A Girl Because I'm Broke / She Refused To Date Me Because I'm Short.. / Ladies Can You Marry A Freethinker/atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by mko2005: 10:42am On Mar 21, 2013
bolaino: Please I need your help, my girlfriend of about a month plus wants to leave me because I'm a freethinker, I love her, I've always loved her, but being a freethinker is the best thing that has happened to me, she is a God fearing christian with good morals and she's very beautiful and intelligent, but she says she can't get married or date an "unrepentant pagan" like me, (yeah her words exactly) what should I do? Should I let her go or should I compromise and throw away what I believe to be truth and embrace what I think is false, all because of love, I'm confused,
If you want her to start considering marrying you,try developing a relationship with Jesus ! If not,you are not qualified to be yoked with that ''God fearing christian with good morals''
Please leave her alone becos she belongs to Jesus.Jesus wouldn't want to give out her precious daughter to some one who HE doesn't have a relationship with or who does not know HIM !
Jesus knows you are there and HE want's to have a relationship with you. Open up ur heart and accept HIM as ur lord and personal savior ! He loves you but loves HIS precious daughter most ! But you can be loved just like that daughter of Jesus. Accept HIM TODAY !
God help you !

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 10:46am On Mar 21, 2013
ooman:

If she loves you, she will accept you with your "weakness". Love is - "In sickness and in health, in strength and in weakness".

If she cannot overlook your conviction about life, then you can be sure there are a lot more things she will have problems with when living with you.

I wouldnt say you should leave her, but i will tell you to wake up from dreamland of love, hold your stand, if she leaves, then look for another.
thanks man, what u're saying is true, mr thermodynamics,
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by DJDOLA(m): 10:48am On Mar 21, 2013
HEYYYYYYYY MODARAN KINI GBOGBO ELEYI.....SO SOME PEOPLE STILL DONT BEALIVE THAT THERE IS GOD...MUST WE COPY WESTERNERS...GOD PUNISH ANYBODY WHO DONT BEALIVE HE EXIST
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 21, 2013
Tsun: [color=#006600]mann, I'm short of words mann, u just hit the nail on the head ma broda, thanks a lot for the advice, I used to keep my views to myself but sometimes I just can't help it when one ignorant pastor comes around and starts spewing trash, it gets to me, but I get what u're trying to say and I appreciate mann, God bless, (ooops) lol,

What did i just hear you say here; 'God bless' i laugh in Spain, which God, the one you believe in or the one you dont. Look free that babe, go look for your likes.
itz u don't read or u just don't want to read, he said dat he dosen't believe in the biblical God, actually he believes in a supernatural deity. Read through his posts and stop being lazy. I don't know wat free thinker means but as 4 church and all these preaching pastors, I don't believe in it. I believe in God the father almighty, creator of heavens and earth and in Jesus christ his only son, conceived of the holy spirit but born of virgin mary. i don't believe in priests, pope, onyedepo, onyekilome or even d assemblies of God i attend but I know am a christian cos i behave like christ and my babe loves me irrespective of d fact I don't follow her 2 church. Otuto dili jesu.......
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by all4Him: 10:51am On Mar 21, 2013
please look for a free thinker like your self. There is no fellowship between darkness and light.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 21, 2013
D mind can never work in a vacuum. Something or a tenet must control it. In ur case its freethinking. Before u die, I bet u u'll give up freethinking and embrace a religion. I'm a Christian, a Catholic to be precise. There's nothing like freethinking in d real sense of d word. There is a moral order which all religions believe in. Irrespective of ur choice of wat u allow to control ur mind, dnt violate d moral order cos u'll pay 4 it. That's religion helps us do. Respect d moral order. D moral order didn't come of itself. Something brought it about. U can call it God if u wish or Higgins Particle or whatever scientific term u wish. This world never came frm nothing. Ex nihilo nihil fit-"noyhing comes from nothing". Good luck in ur search 4 transcendent.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by mko2005: 10:53am On Mar 21, 2013
brokoto: Phew! With the vast majority of views I've seen here, I think I have no hope.

Just be going to church and praying! Don't find out if Christianity or religion might be one big scam!

If Christianity is a scam,what do i have to loose ?
If nothing at the end of life then i will go to where other atheists or freethinkers go to !
But if Christianity is for real,God is real and there is heaven and hell,will atheist Join me in heaven ?
Ask urself that and answer for urself !
God help us all

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by JewelDiamond(f): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2013
@Op,write ur personal details cos na ur kind dey run go T B Joshua wen ur research begins to haunt u.No wonder,d bible says dat people perish because of knowledge.Ur in bondage n u refer to urself as free.Freethinker continue thinking

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 10:56am On Mar 21, 2013
femiero:

Don't ever compromise your beliefs for anything. Not even love because in the end you will never be happy. If you change to being a christian or whatever, you will be pretending to be what you are not and is she worth it? Will she do same for you? Ask her if she considers being a freethinker for you sake. If she says "No", then that's your go. It might hurt but you will find the one that accepts you for your beliefs. All the best.
thanks mann, this is one of the best advice I've gotten so far, # true dat,
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by yemmy19(m): 10:59am On Mar 21, 2013
bolaino: what I believe to be truth is that christianity like most religions is false, and has caused mankind more pain than gain, I'm not disputing that there is indeed the supernatural, but I don't believe that christianity has the answers it claims it does, and I don't believe in the biblical God,

Very simple,go for a pagan like u instead of asking jamb quesions

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2013
@op, i don't feel love should be one sided, if u actually accepted the girl for who she is and she didn't do same in ur case, in my own views and how i do my own things, I can't stress myself forcing her 2 love me.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by jutino(f): 11:10am On Mar 21, 2013
Revolva: Don't mind all these girls pretending to be what they are not..@OP just live with your knowledge she is in darkness but she does not know!!!all naija babes like forming religious..na dem go church pass..but they are the most sinners on earth..and full of hatred ..they seems not to understand who they are
including ur sisters,and who made u judge over them..if u don't have any advice for d op just kindly STFU.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by mko2005: 11:24am On Mar 21, 2013
bolaino: yes boss, you and saur are telling me exactly what I wanted to hear mann, thanks a lot bro, I'm already on it,
Hearing what you want to hear will not allow you grow becos it's what you know already ! Seek a little of something new !
I wiil conclude by letting you know that you don't have to stop bein a free thinker becos you want to marry some one. YOU HAVE TO LET GO OF BEIN A FREE THINKER BECOS YOU WANT TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS !
Seek Jesus today and you will find HIM. HE stands at the door of ur heart knocking,only if you will hear and open the door !
Ask urself this questions again:
If at the end of the world it happens that Christianity is one big scam,where will all Christians go to ? I think they will go to where all atheists/freethinkers go !
If at the end of the world Christianity is real,God is real,Jesus is the son of God,there is heaven and hell,will atheists/freethinkers join Christians in heaven ? The bible said NO ! But if i see them in heaven,then i will give God the glory on their behalf but the word of God can not be broken and God can not lie !
God bless us

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Cultured(m): 11:25am On Mar 21, 2013
@OP

Try to become successful in many spheres of life , I bet you girls from different worldviews will be chasing you . I , for one , I profess " Freethinking mystic " belief system and I can confidently tell you that no girl has ever turned me down on the pretext of my belief system , whenever I made move on them , rather the reverse is the case . In my own case, I am tolerant of all belief systems proponents . My motto is "LOVE ,PEACE and UNITY" for all . To me, God do exist , but His existence is not in the context as religious believers are portraying Him . In religious belief systems , their language is all about " US and THEM " , but in my worldview it is " US-US " , I do not discriminate on anyone. God is JUST ( Variant ), I belief in Him through Self . Religion is for the weak in the mind , and Satan is a creation in their own figment . I live life based on reasoning , whatever I can feel , perceive , experience or see I belief . What I do not belief - I can never establish. God is Alpha and Omega , He knows all things, He's merciful but His provision of our needs is variable . I am spiritual not religious .

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by arbitrage: 11:28am On Mar 21, 2013
bolaino: mann, I'm short of words mann, u just hit the nail on the head ma broda, thanks a lot for the advice, I used to keep my views to myself but sometimes I just can't help it when one ignorant pastor comes around and starts spewing trash, it gets to me, but I get what u're trying to say and I appreciate mann, God bless, (ooops) lol,

A man who does not stand for something will fall for anything. Why are you not strong about your belief? I mean why would you want a girl who is diagonally opposed to your own belief/religion? Do you enjoy having to quarrel or battle with chaos after you are in the marriage by pretending to get along in order to make her fall in love/marriage with you? Or you just want to give hook her by trick?

On the other hand, if you were asked to just love your neighbours, not to hurt anybody, be gentle, kind and humble, do not cheat at work or anywhere, respect others, help the needy and helpless, be moral and not follow multitude to do evil, do not practice fraud, do not embezzle public and government funds, pay your tax and be law abiding to civil/government authorities, do not cheat in exams as students, do not fight and cause violence or chaos, do not give or take sex offer from someone who is not your legally married spouse, chun pre-marital sex, avoid bad gang and implications that are associated with evil communications (that can corrupt good manner), etc, will you see whoever tells you that as a bad religious fellow with no good gain but pain to the society?

I asked that question because I strongly believe that you are not unaware of the fact that these are what Christianity is all about BUT your grouse is the fact that in addition to all those good virtues, Christianity is based on the belief and personality of Jesus Christ, whom you hate so much. May be you have been surrounded with many fake sides of Christianity (like the deceptive money making ventures you talked about) and so you forgot that the real Christian life is not the one we see around today. So if you know what true Christianity is all about, what precisely is what you detest in true Christianity? Don't mention the fake practices we see around please when answering. So if everything about true Christian profession is okay by you, what is your grouse with Jesus Christ and God? If your annoyance is scientific, then in what way does someone who believes he/she can pray to someone somewhere (purportedly divine by him/her or virtual by your standpoint) for answer to his/her needs affects or conflicts with your normal daily life? In what way does his/her believing that he/she must be righteous because judgment will come someday by Jesus Christ affect/conflict with your daily living? If you are ordinarily a "well behaved and moral" freethinker, then there should be nothing the true Christianity ask people to practice in your neighbourhood that will negate your adopted "humane" lifestyle. Except for the fact, that they believe their source of existence and ability to live is God while your view/belief is in your human self/strength. Am I right? May be you should check first what precisely, apart from the personality of Jesus and God, is your grouse with true Christianity.

Finally, would you rather live as if there is no God and die to find out there is than to live as if there is a God only to die and find out there is none? What would you have lost after all?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by asanwaph: 11:34am On Mar 21, 2013
It is only a f.o.o.l dat says in his heart that there is no God, no apologies, u are a F.O.O.L. Repent

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by LordReed(m): 11:35am On Mar 21, 2013
Please leave her. She said she can't get married to you. You guys are pretty much "incompatible" because "religious" issues will continually divide you, already evidenced by her calling you a "pagan".

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 21, 2013
Subomi-luv:
I pray i never meet a beastly man like you. So you intentionally lie and lead women on, instead of finding someone with your same believes because you know the truth is that no reasonable woman would ever date or settle with a man like you so you would rather lie and lead them on. Don't worry just remember karma is a B.
You must be the biggest joke with the stinkiest mouth on the planet. Plus, I doubt you understand English. Am pretty sure it's religious people like you who commit the gravest sins the world will never know. angry

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 21, 2013
Atheists can be funny. All humans are free thinkers. That you do not believe in God doesn't make you special, nor put you ahead of others in any way or make you a "freethinker".

Funny lot.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 21, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by dahmie2013: 11:45am On Mar 21, 2013
I'll advice u go 4 ur type. It has serious consequences on d longrun. But some ppl are of d opinion dat love changes ppl, I don't understd dat. A person cannot because of sumone, so I'm wondering hw love changes ppl.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by mruwaifo(m): 11:46am On Mar 21, 2013
Simple solution "FOLLOW HER TO CHURCH" and stop talking about your freethinking thoughts .

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by deols(f): 12:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hell is for real, man.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by kingingkinging: 12:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
bolaino: hmmmm, nice advice my mann, thanks for ur concern, but when it comes to christianity I've been there and done that, I used to be a hard core born again christian until, I started practicing different religions, I've searched for d truth and before becoming a freethinker, I did a lot of research and experiments, (religious experiments) and I concluded that christianity like the other religions, is something that was created to control the masses, (feeble minded) religion is mind control plain and simple, I can't go into detail, but thanks all the same,

Who created the religions you are talking about.

What your girl is is talking about is Jesus. Jesus is the way of salvation. If you dont believe it is for your peril. One fact you cannot argue about is there is a being that is behind the working of everything in this world. For every design there must be a designer. That Being is God and he has chosen Jesus as the way of salvation.... Jesus said as it was in the days of Noah, so shall the coming of his be-Mat 24:37, can u remember the days of Noah? He preached for 300 years and people did not believe him, they were marrying, partying, etc. Believe Jesus and be saved. I am not preaching any church to u sir.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by ndeepurity(m): 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
Brother a month is too short to fall head over heel inlove with a girl, no matter how beautiful, caring and honest da chic may be. Maybe she's not da right one for u.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
bolaino: hmmmm, nice advice my mann, thanks for ur concern, but when it comes to christianity I've been there and done that, I used to be a hard core born again christian until, I started practicing different religions, I've searched for d truth and before becoming a freethinker, I did a lot of research and experiments, (religious experiments) and I concluded that christianity like the other religions, is something that was created to control the masses, (feeble minded) religion is mind control plain and simple, I can't go into detail, but thanks all the same,

Just because u labelled Christianity to be a feeble religion that's why the girl thinks u are not man enough for her. If u read the bible then when u are still born again u should have read about people like Jacob,Moses,Elijah,Paul,Peter,Stephen,Ezekiel,Samuel,David, Enoch, and so much more they are spiritually,physically,mentally,emotionally (God's love in their heart) strong even in till their old age. U are the feeble mind here bro either you change or leave that innocent girl alone. PEACE OUT

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
My guy, @op, if you know what's good for you, dump that chick before she breaks your heart into tiny hurting pieces.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by buklan4realyah(f): 12:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
bolaino: yes boss, you and saur are telling me exactly what I wanted to hear mann, thanks a lot bro, I'm already on it,

Its ur life live it d way dat pleases u dat ur headache....if u tink to pretend is wot u nid to
win her heart go ahead nd see d consequences of broken marriage u better learn now or u die blaming ursef......
Wathever!! mtcheewww rubbish

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by arbitrage: 12:25pm On Mar 21, 2013
"THE MORE I STUDY PHYSICS, THE MORE I UNDERSTAND THERE IS A HAND HOLDING THE UNIVERSE." - Sir Isaac Newton.

Are you more researching, scientific, enlightened and free-thinking than Isaac Newton, the great scientist of all times?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
this is a romantic thread o. So, christians, please keep your comments as sweet as you can. Some foul-mouthed girls already putting me off. haba.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Sike(m): 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
WHO IS A FREE THINKER??
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
sexkillz: Atheists can be funny. All humans are free thinkers. That you do not believe in God doesn't make you special, nor put you ahead of others in any way or make you a "freethinker".

Funny lot.

I dont see any atheist here putting on airs of superiority. undecided But we are rather sad that we lack female numbers. lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Welcome / Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? / Davido And Chioma : A Lesson To Guys (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.