Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586758 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 11:12am On Jul 15, 2013
Dear Forumites; Happy new week to everyone. For those waiting for medicals or TRV, this week would be a good one to remember for everyone in a good way. Just a question to fellow forumites here. Last week marked the 3rd week after I completed my medical. I submitted online but I am wondering now when it is likely that they ask me to submit my passport or other documents, although I was not asked to pay for tuition or boarding fees. I hope folks who have travelled in a similar route would be able to give advice regarding this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by DonDiara(m): 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
Let me open the floor of good news for this week, my agent DELETED just called me for medicals. I submitted on the 19th april. Best of luck to everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
Don Diara: Let me open the floor of good news for this week, my agent DELETED just called me for medicals. I submitted on the 19th april. Best of luck to everybody.
Congrats...this shows that cdhc is still on April ending
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
Justwise...I sight ur moves ooo.... grin ... Sharp guy...no dulling at all...just change person agent name to DELETED.... grin grin grin ...Anywaz...congrats my guy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
Siga: Justwise...I sight ur moves ooo.... grin ... Sharp guy...no dulling at all...just change person agent name to DELETED.... grin grin grin ...Anywaz...congrats my guy

grin grin grin i dey fear oo, did you plant CCTV on me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
iwinosajack :

What abt ur univ transcripts? Ur university transcripts will bear d age on ur waec if dt is wat u used to enter sch.

My uni transcript bears the dob on my birth certificate and passport not the one on my waec. Thanks for your help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
Congrats Bro., Imcertain we are expecting more. I know.
Don Diara: Let me open the floor of good news for this week, my agent DELETED just called me for medicals. I submitted on the 19th april. Best of luck to everybody.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
justwise:

grin grin grin i dey fear oo, did you plant CCTV on me?
...Sight u like I sight racoons on the road.. grin..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
Kzinne: please stop misleading people. like a poster mentioned no one here is a canadian immigration official and this is not an embassy. the best u could do us to refer any person with questions to the canadian govt immigration website - www.cic.gc.ca

You are noticed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
Donxavier:

so with my uk student visa I can apply from here, I don't have to go back to naija to apply. just want to clarify this

You don't have to go back. Just check the requirements and you will be fine. I am sure you will get it within one to two months at most.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
iwinosajack :

I bet u ar a fraudulent person, u were not given d opportunity to perpetrate ur nefarious activities that why u dey paranoid!! Guy just log off, no space for u cos u too foolish!!!

This isn't nice and would be fair if we can manage our annoyance to post like the one you responed to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
hayek: Dear Forumites; Happy new week to everyone. For those waiting for medicals or TRV, this week would be a good one to remember for everyone in a good way. Just a question to fellow forumites here. Last week marked the 3rd week after I completed my medical. I submitted online but I am wondering now when it is likely that they ask me to submit my passport or other documents, although I was not asked to pay for tuition or boarding fees. I hope folks who have travelled in a similar route would be able to give advice regarding this.

Read through the letter advising you to go for your medicals, it will likely be stated therein.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hey bro. If I can remember correctly, you applied for your canadian visa from the US. How long did it take?
GboyegaD:

You don't have to go back. Just check the requirements and you will be fine. I am sure you will get it within one to two months at most.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: Hey bro. If I can remember correctly, you applied for your canadian visa from the US. How long did it take?

It took in all about 23days. I applied April 6th, got it approved April 12th and printed April 26th. I recieved it April 29th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
There is no further instruction regarding when to submit my passport and other documents in my medical instructions. I was simply asked to go for medical within 60 days and everything there related to the medical and nothting regarding when to submit other documents and passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
Dear Forumites; Happy new week to everyone. For those waiting for medicals or TRV, this week would be a good one to remember for everyone in a good way. Just a question to fellow forumites here. Last week marked the 3rd week after I completed my medical. I submitted online but I am wondering now when it is likely that they ask me to submit my passport or other documents, although I was not asked to pay for tuition or boarding fees. I hope folks who have travelled in a similar route would be able to give advice regarding this.

I have double check now, there is no further instruction regarding when to submit my passport and other documents in my medical instructions. I was simply asked to go for medical within 60 days and everything there related to the medical and nothting regarding when to submit other documents and passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
hayek: There is no further instruction regarding when to submit my passport and other documents in my medical instructions. I was simply asked to go for medical within 60 days and everything there related to the medical and nothting regarding when to submit other documents and passport.

What was the subject of the letter? Were you able to read through the content of the letter? I will appreciate if others who used the online platform can also advise in this case.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 2:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
GboyegaD:

It took in all about 23days. I applied April 6th, got it approved April 12th and printed April 26th. I recieved it April 29th.

Ok thanks. Did you submit a financial babnk statement of your sponsor? Or what documents were required.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
@GboyegaD: The subject is: Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E). I got this in my CIC account. It is a two page thing. The first page contains the medical instructions and the other page contained my info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: Ok thanks. Did you submit a financial babnk statement of your sponsor? Or what documents were required.

I got a guaranteed 4years funding from my school as such, I needed no statement of account.

hayek: @GboyegaD: The subject is: Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E). I got this in my CIC account. It is a two page thing. The first page contains the medical instructions and the other page contained my info.

In that case, I will suggest you relax however, you can also wait for response from other members of the house who used the online platform in applying to advise you how they went about theirs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
Holla fellas, pls I'm thinking of changing my acceptance letter after 4wks of submission, the initial letter has an address that's not mine so I'll want to change it but I'm worried; hope this won't prolong my processing time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
GboyegaD:

For the purpose of managing expectations, GboyegaD applied in the US not in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
PlayPays: Holla fellas, pls I'm thinking of changing my acceptance letter after 4wks of submission, the initial letter has an address that's not mine so I'll want to change it but I'm worried; hope this won't prolong my processing time
u dnt need to change it oooo...haba
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
Sent you an e-mail. Expecting a reply bro.

GboyegaD:

I got a guaranteed 4years funding from my school as such, I needed no statement of account.

In that case, I will suggest you relax however, you can also wait for response from other members of the house who used the online platform in applying to advise you how they went about theirs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
earthgreeners: u dnt need to change it oooo...haba
pls explain better cox I actually read on CIC site that an acceptance letter must contain the student's address. but the address on mine is a forign address of d fella that secured d admission for me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
hayek: @GboyegaD: The subject is: Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E). I got this in my CIC account. It is a two page thing. The first page contains the medical instructions and the other page contained my info.

Guy check the mailbox you typed in your application form. Check your inbox and spam mail. Bcuz the Lagos embassy would snd you an mail on further instructions and what to do and send to them. It's not just the cic message u look out for but the email from Lagos. I got mine the same day with my mail from cic account. And it said send your passport three weeks after medical.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
2-chains:

Guy check the mailbox you typed in your application form. Check your inbox and spam mail. Bcuz the Lagos embassy would snd you an mail on further instructions and what to do and send to them. It's not just the cic message u look out for but the email from Lagos. I got mine the same day with my mail from cic account. And it said send your passport three weeks after medical.
... I wanna know if they ask online guys to send the originals of the docs they scanned ... or just dem passport...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
Almost half a year to apply for visa.. lol.. It is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
mozo: Almost half a year to apply for visa.. lol.. It is well
...wat...bro, go embassy fast fast...thats too long bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
Siga: ...wat...bro, go embassy fast fast...thats too long bro...

Bro, Actually its just 4 months and 2 weeks, but regardless, will head to the embassy to make enquiries at the end of the week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Aduke02(f): 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
In my own case, I didn't get any additional mail from the lagos embassy.

2-chains:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
...Fhemmmy....lets hook up on Wednesday....send me mail me we arrange... we fit meet half way...

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.