Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589550 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
*sighs* no attention given to my questions. sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
PlayPays: *sighs* no attention given to my questions. sad
...bro, I answered ur question on page 171 which u acknowledged...and u further got another version on page 172...so, wat other answer u want....dont get urself confused bro...go with ur gut..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 6:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
Siga: ... I wanna know if they ask online guys to send the originals of the docs they scanned ... or just dem passport...

In my case I was asked to still send my original school documents, bank statements and original company documents (Bcuz I used a company account) then school fees for one year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by talura(f): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
earthgreeners: I'm with u my Dear.. What course did u study at undergraduate level?... I studied env. Mgt.....

@ earthgreeners I studied Biochemistry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 8:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
Siga: ...bro, I answered ur question on page 171 which u acknowledged...and u further got another version on page 172...so, wat other answer u want....dont get urself confused bro...go with ur gut..
I really want to be sure if its pretty safe to go change such document(acceptance letter) after 5wks of submission and hope it won't prolong my processing time?? Those are my worries, bro and I do apprciate ur responses so helpful!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by pchax: 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
Huzzie: TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1. Huzzie PG Centennial JULY *
2. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
3. Teexzle PG Lambton
4. Chrigo PG Lambton
5. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
6. Janut PG UoRegina
7. Humanshado PG UBC[color=#990000][/color]

N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college.
*submission date

Cheers.
@Humanshado, abeg how you take enter UBC because that's my dream school?! I've always dreamed to work with Prof Lakshmanan of their Data Mining group. I have read so much about Vancouver and it's like its only my body that is here in Lagos and my mind is roaming the streets over there. I intend starting my masters January, 2015 because by then I would have had at least 2 years working experience in the industry.
Please I have some questions like your CGPA (cos I want to know my chances. Finished with a 2"1 (3.65)) LOR's (was it industrial-based or academic-based), SOPs (wouldn't mind if I lay my hands on it) and if they accept TOEFL waivers.

Other UBC alumni or present grad student's inputs are very much appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
HEAT ALERT IN EFFECT ...DAMN...Been hot all weekend man...even now ...at a point it was 34c feels like 41c ....enough pools and cooling centres opened...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by pchax: 10:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
Siga: HEAT ALERT IN EFFECT ...DAMN...Been hot all weekend man...even now ...at a point it was 34c feels like 41c ....enough pools and cooling centres opened...

Enjoy it while it lasts... smiley
Abeg shey you go UBC I have noticed you are one of the power users on this thread (just started going through the thread today)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
pchax:

Enjoy it while it lasts... smiley
Abeg shey you go UBC I have noticed you are one of the power users on this thread (just started going through the thread today)
...UBC for where... Never lived anywhere but Tdot (Toronto)....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by pchax: 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
Siga: ...UBC for where... Never lived anywhere but Tdot (Toronto)....
WoW!!! Did you go to UofT? That's like the most expensive if i'm right and funding ain't that easy to get there cos of the competition.
But anyway, enjoy the "tan" from the heat... cheesy

***still waiting to hear from Humanshado because he would be the first Nigerian that i know that is (or has) going (gone) to UBC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by MattiToheeb(m): 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hello everyone,pls I have just received invitation letter to come over to canada by my Uncle that we both bears the same surname,he's lived there for over 30yrs nw and he has attached his accnt statemnt,passport and his status.................I need ur advice on what to do ? Cus I have no idea of where to go.......I'm a student though. Pls I need ur responce asap plsSsssssss....................
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nobleman01: 11:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
CONSTAINE:

Canada no dey give admission to people wey get 2.2 for masters,even people with 2.1 are finding it difficult to gain admission for masters program.Canada is not UK and US
Point of correction sir. I gained admission for my masters with a 2.2, engineering for that matter. There is no sin in applying with faith and prayer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:20am On Jul 16, 2013
nobleman01:
Point of correction sir. I gained admission for my masters with a 2.2, engineering for that matter. There is no sin in applying with faith and prayer.
...Biko give all man the name of the school ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nobleman01: 12:38am On Jul 16, 2013
Siga: ...Biko give all man the name of the school ...
Na uni of ottawa sir, am sure thr will be others too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:02am On Jul 16, 2013
nobleman01:
Na uni of ottawa sir, am sure thr will be others too
..Nice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Glan: 9:11am On Jul 16, 2013
Glan:
thanks everyone, mail sent to mycic account and tourist visa approved. was asked to send my original passport to canada embassy, lagos to complete the process.
thanks Aduke02. have been able to make this payment as you advised. had to contact someone abroad to do this for me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Aduke02(f): 10:32am On Jul 16, 2013
Congrats!!! [quote author=Glan][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adim02: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2013
Dear forumite please help me how will title this letter.I have 1.5m while my uncle have 5m.Should i title it co-sponsorship and state the role my uncle will paly.Please i need advice.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pat98: 10:36am On Jul 16, 2013
hayek:
I have double check now, there is no further instruction regarding when to submit my passport and other documents in my medical instructions. I was simply asked to go for medical within 60 days and everything there related to the medical and nothting regarding when to submit other documents and passport.

Proceed to the embassy in about 4 week after your medicals and inform them you want to submit your documents. Your passport especially.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pat98: 10:49am On Jul 16, 2013
Aduke02: In my own case, I didn't get any additional mail from the lagos embassy.

Which makes it good for yousmiley Remember to approach them that you want to submit your passport later on.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tigger56: 10:49am On Jul 16, 2013
Pls @ house, I need help with colleges that offer winter (jan) graduate diploma start dates 4 a programme in environmental sciences....I applied 2 seneca college bt jst recently found out dat dey don't offer jan programmes...BTW google dosnt seem 2 b helpin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pat98: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2013
Any online applicants TRV/ medical call this week?

2-Chains, Hayek, Aduke02 and....hurry up, please. Even though na God first, then CDHC get the answer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 11:16am On Jul 16, 2013
[quote author=Pat98]

Proceed to the embassy in about 4 week after your medicals and inform them you want to submit your documents. Your passport especially.
------------
Are you saying at the end of the 4th week, I should approach them that I would like to submit my passport? Would that not amount to jumping the gun? I think they ought to send email/notification to the effect that I should send in my passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 11:17am On Jul 16, 2013
@Pat98: Are you saying at the end of the 4th week, I should approach them that I would like to submit my passport? Would that not amount to jumping the gun? I think they ought to send email/notification to the effect that I should send in my passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 11:27am On Jul 16, 2013
I really want to be sure if its pretty safe to go and change my acceptance letter after 5wks of submission and hope it won't affect my processing time?? Those are my worries sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:36am On Jul 16, 2013
I received a letter from my supervisor .... do I need to forward same to the embassy

Congratulations for receiving acceptance to the Natural Resources Institute master program at the University of Manitoba starting in the 2013/2014 school year. I am pleased to be in the position to supervise you and offer you a paid position for $12,000 for this year only at $25.00 per hour for 40 hours/month in the case you do not receive scholarships. You will be part of an exciting research team that is working with community co-ordinators in northern Manitoba. Please note that my funding for you will come from contracts and so are related to tasks that have to be accomplished for work in northern Manitoba related to traditional land use and First Nations in northern Manitoba. This is an area that you should consider as a focus for your thesis. I will also require that you take several courses including NRI7340 and NRI7170 for the first term to get some necessary training for this area.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 11:39am On Jul 16, 2013
tigger56: Pls @ house, I need help with colleges that offer winter (jan) graduate diploma start dates 4 a programme in environmental sciences....I applied 2 seneca college bt jst recently found out dat dey don't offer jan programmes...BTW google dosnt seem 2 b helpin....

Seneca has January programs. Maybe the program you want doesn't have a jan start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 11:39am On Jul 16, 2013
Pat98: Any online applicants TRV/ medical call this week?

2-Chains, Hayek, Aduke02 and....hurry up, please. Even though na God first, then CDHC get the answer.

Just submitted my passport last two weeks Friday. So I'm waiting the TRV by the grace of God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2013
hayek: @Pat98: Are you saying at the end of the 4th week, I should approach them that I would like to submit my passport? Would that not amount to jumping the gun? I think they ought to send email/notification to the effect that I should send in my passport.

Dude there's no time. Three weeks after your med submit your passports. Because the lag embassy told me in that mail that I had 30days to pay fees and submit docs and passport to dem.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2013
PlayPays: I really want to be sure if its pretty safe to go and change my acceptance letter after 5wks of submission and hope it won't affect my processing time?? Those are my worries sad

Bros u dnt need to change ur letter.. This is what is stated on the checklist

Original and a photocopy of the Letter of acceptancefrom your educational institution in Canada stating:

unconditional admission, or if conditional, you must show you can meet the conditions
course title and level of study,
duration of study, AND
start date (multiple start dates, if applicable) and latest possible date of admission.

Therefore your mailing address doesnt matter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 11:47am On Jul 16, 2013
Thank you sir!

earthgreeners:

Bros u dnt need to change ur letter.. This is what is stated on the checklist

Original and a photocopy of the Letter of acceptancefrom your educational institution in Canada stating:

unconditional admission, or if conditional, you must show you can meet the conditions
course title and level of study,
duration of study, AND
start date (multiple start dates, if applicable) and latest possible date of admission.

Therefore your mailing address doesnt matter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 11:54am On Jul 16, 2013
Really happy for my pal that got called since 12th of July but just saw it today....was told to pick up his TRV...THOUGH he had applied last year..did medicals...was then told to pick a new start date.we both applied(paper application) in May.He applied 10th of May and has now gotten TRV....But he did something interesting...He sent a long passionate mail two days before he was given+Faith in scriptures(Amos 9v13) and I think dis did the job!
By and large, sending mails to these guys....honestly,doesnt do any harm!

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.