Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587816 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:37am On Aug 13, 2013
adewaleafolabi: Also just a quick info as regards travel tickets am i to purchase a one way or round trip ticket? If a round trip ticket how many days interval should i specify? Thanks
round trip ticket bitibo!!!....bro what you need is a one way ticket....if u wana purchase a round trip den it means u knw wen u'r cuming bk 2 naija and u'r not planing to stay back so u can specify d date u wana cum bk...hmmm!!! Who wan cum bk after going 2 canny 2 study
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:42am On Aug 13, 2013
Gdjay: Hello good people, I read on cic site that you can pre-do ur medicals before they actually send you instructions to do it, that way you can submit it with your initial visa application, does this make sense?
really!!! Bro please paste the link here make we read am...e fit b say na anoda cic site meant for planet jupita u see dat 1..grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:45am On Aug 13, 2013
ChriGo: round trip ticket bitibo!!!....bro what you need is a one way ticket....if u wana purchase a round trip den it means u knw wen u'r cuming bk 2 naija and u'r not planing to stay back so u can specify d date u wana cum bk...hmmm!!! Who wan cum bk after going 2 canny 2 study

lmao so you are telling me you don't believe in the transformation agenda of our president abi grin
But seriously was thinking it was a requirement. Thanks for the correction. Also all these transit visa thing, me i have no interest in flying through the usa however i saw a cheap flight (Thanks GboyegaD) and it stops at Franfurt for 9hrs+ do i need a transit visa at least to get into the airport without wahahala? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 7:51am On Aug 13, 2013
CONGRATS OGA MI.........WE DEY YOUR BACK....
smile13: To the glory of Almighty God, I got my TRV today. I appreciate everyone for their support all the way. I pray for speedy medical call-ups and TRVs for my brothers and sisters in the house. God bless.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Aduke02(f): 8:11am On Aug 13, 2013
smile13: To the glory of Almighty God, I got my TRV today. I appreciate everyone for their support all the way. I pray for speedy medical call-ups and TRVs for my brothers and sisters in the house. God bless.

Many congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:12am On Aug 13, 2013
adewaleafolabi:

lmao so you are telling me you don't believe in the transformation agenda of our president abi grin
But seriously was thinking it was a requirement. Thanks for the correction. Also all these transit visa thing, me i have no interest in flying through the usa however i saw a cheap flight (Thanks GboyegaD) and it stops at Franfurt for 9hrs+ do i need a transit visa at least to get into the airport without wahahala? Thanks
lol....why nt bro i so much believe grin in the transformation agenda and would surely cum bk after i must have acquire my PR or citizenship den no yawa i go cum bk cum dy enjoy d transformation grin grin .....since u'r stoping at frankfurt u go still nid transit visa....and since germany is at d heart of europe and naija dy transit tru dere wella den u got no problem my bro...buh do not over step ur boundries by leaving the airport or transit area grin grin....u'r gud 2 go my bro.....dis 1 wey u dy talk of flight so!!! i salute ur faith.....abi u don do ur medical ni...if yes den i tap from ur blessing grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Aduke02(f): 8:19am On Aug 13, 2013
deebla:

Congrats bro... This is a proof that if CDHC doesn't instruct one for tuition and board, they know what they are doing and its not a mistake.

Btw... This application is too fast, under 2months

I think CDHC is trying to instil trust in the online route that's why it ensures that the processing time of online applications is about 7 weeks instead of the previous 18 weeks for paper applications. And the best part is that you get to keep all your original documents with u, including your passport. You can even travel elsewhere while your application is still being processed....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by HZwriters: 8:27am On Aug 13, 2013
Congrats. am so happy to hear this.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 8:29am On Aug 13, 2013
adewaleafolabi: Also just a quick info as regards travel tickets am i to purchase a one way or round trip ticket? If a round trip ticket how many days interval should i specify? Thanks

I'll suggest round ticket , from my experience its cheaper Than one way , use a one year interval ( in most cases that's the max ). Also , if you're transiting through frankfurt on lufthansa you DON'T need a transit visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:34am On Aug 13, 2013
janeg123: i was at the embassy and i was told they will get back to me latest tomorrow,so i am waiting or probably go back there first thing this morning again
woah!!! I pray dis goes well...buh y is it that its wen u went dere 2 knock dia door dy knw dy will get bk 2 u tomorrow undecided after holding bk ur precious docx for gud 7months!!!...dis are really confused bunch of VO's....i tink medical hopeful applicants should also do dis since the start date is around d corner....hian!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:39am On Aug 13, 2013
Sir P!:

I'll suggest round ticket , from my experience its cheaper Than one way , use a one year interval ( in most cases that's the max ). Also , if you're transiting through frankfurt on lufthansa you DON'T need a transit visa
hmmm!!! Sir, are u saying naija is part of the visa free country that can transit tru germany without a transit visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:44am On Aug 13, 2013
ChriGo: lol....why nt bro i so much believe grin in the transformation agenda and would surely cum bk after i must have acquire my PR or citizenship den no yawa i go cum bk cum dy enjoy d transformation grin grin .....since u'r stoping at frankfurt u go still nid transit visa....and since germany is at d heart of europe and naija dy transit tru dere wella den u got no problem my bro...buh do not over step ur boundries by leaving the airport or transit area grin grin....u'r gud 2 go my bro.....dis 1 wey u dy talk of flight so!!! i salute ur faith.....abi u don do ur medical ni...if yes den i tap from ur blessing grin grin

Trying to prepare for all possible scenarios and more knowledge will do no harm as well as having some faith.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 8:44am On Aug 13, 2013
When i raised up the issue and asked us to look into some underlying reasons, I was almost crucified here for "causing so much panic" by some people.. Now can say with proof that about 4-5 U of Calgary prospective students weren't asked to pay for tuition or board. This my people, is a pattern. The CDHC may have a very strong communication with certain schools. However, I still think the closing balance and proof of financial worthiness still places the most part in sucess of the application.

deebla:

Congrats bro... This is a proof that if CDHC doesn't instruct one for tuition and board, they know what they are doing and its not a mistake.

Btw... This application is too fast, under 2months

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dict4alpha: 8:51am On Aug 13, 2013

CONGRATS!! See you at Calgary. What course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by grock1(m): 8:51am On Aug 13, 2013
all this transit thing dey confuse me o abeg..I booked egyptair to Canada, and I will have a 5hr stopover in Egypt. pls will I need a transit visa for Egypt, cos me I no understand dis transit dis transit that o embarassed . pls will I need?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 8:53am On Aug 13, 2013

Many congratulation! Wish u all de best in canny#

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2013
Hi AdewaleAfolabi, nice school your heading to. Mailed VFS yesterday and dey replied (Thank you for writing to VFS Global Canada Nigeria.
Your application is not yet ready; it is still under processing at the Deputy High Commission of Canada. Average processing time for study permit is 4-6 months.

The thing is that next week Friday makes my application 3 month old. Maybe one should breeze in there one of this days to know hwfar and to tell them your school will be resuming by September.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2013
g-rock:
all this transit thing dey confuse me o abeg..I booked egyptair to Canada, and I will have a 5hr stopover in Egypt. pls will I need a transit visa for Egypt, cos me I no understand dis transit dis transit that o embarassed . pls will I need?

No you don't . To the best of my knowledge as long as you have an onward ticket to your final destination within 24hrs and won't leave the terminal you don't need a transit visa except you're going through the us , so you're ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2013
ChriGo: hmmm!!! Sir, are u saying naija is part of the visa free country that can transit tru germany without a transit visa

Yes . As long as you're not leaving the terminal . I've used lufthansa before so I'm sure of what I'm saying .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:06am On Aug 13, 2013

Congrats and hope to meet you soon. When are you leaving for school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:09am On Aug 13, 2013
teexzle:
You said we shd remind u today..sorry for the late reminder, u can 4ward to teexzle@gmail.com
Thanks

What was it you asked for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 9:10am On Aug 13, 2013
TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1. Huzzie PG Centennial JULY 16 Paper route
2. Chrigo PG Lambton JULY 30 Paper route
3. Teexzle PG Lambton
4. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
5. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
6. Janut PG UoRegina
7. Humanshado PG UBC
8. Meyson UG UoRegina
9. Kicon PG centennial college
10. Teapea UG MUN
11. Cherokee ? Concordia/Dalhouise/UoRegina
12. Gwobo PG UoManitoba/UoSask/UoRegina
13. Ugoh11 PG Uocalgary/MUN
14. EMEKS86 UG UNB
15. Richard4ssky PG GeorgeBrown
16. Soweto ?
17. Tolyem Dip Keyano/Mohawk Collg
18. seunlovesa UG Brandon uni
19. Addey101 UG Dalhousie
20. Joe batters PG Fanshawe College
21.Omo Ondo PG Niagara College
22. Gdjay UG Brandon uni

N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college.
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2013
Sir P!:

Yes . As long as you're not leaving the terminal . I've used lufthansa before so I'm sure of what I'm saying .
aiit boss tanx 4 the info.....experience is the best teacher grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:13am On Aug 13, 2013
g-rock:
NO...as long as u do no leave the airport grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:13am On Aug 13, 2013

Go one way since you are not sure when you will be returning.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2013
ChriGo: hmmm!!! Sir, are u saying naija is part of the visa free country that can transit tru germany without a transit visa

if flying lufthansa via Germany, Emirates via Dubai, Etihad via Abu Dhabi, Air France via Paris, KLM via Amsterdam you dont need a transit visa coz you are only transiting through the hubs of the various airlines and it is more economically convinient for them to re arrange their passengers to connect to their final destination. They already have an MOU with their host government. For British Airways and Airlines such as American Airlines, Delta, US airways you need a transit visa to pass through their hub as they want to pre authorise whoever is going through their country and do adequate security checks well in advance.

With respect to one way tickets, I have had to buy a return ticket from a foreign country though I was not planning to go back coz it was cheaper than a one way ticket to Nigeria. You can never tell with tickets as they change by the minute via complex intrigues employed by the airline operators dats why you may buy your ticket twice the price or half of the price of the passenger seated next to you. Competition plays an important role in the price mechanism. Funny enough, I was once given quote of over £600 to change the return leg of my BA ticket at Heathrow and the same lady at the counter gave me an option of buying a return ticket (lhr-abv-lhr) for about £500!
I called their online customer line and was able to change it for about £200 as it wasmidsummer with flighta fully booked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 9:16am On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 9:17am On Aug 13, 2013
ChriGo: aiit boss tanx 4 the info.....experience is the best teacher grin

No p , another thing is if you're not using lufthansa for the entire journey , say you're flying lagos frankfurt on lufthansa but frankfurt toronto on air canada you might need a transit visa especially if you have to re check your bags in , I'm not sure though since I used lufthansa all the way to T.O . But like I said earlier I'm sure if you're using lufthansa all through you're fine
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2013
galala123:

if flying lufthansa via Germany, Emirates via Dubai, Etihad via Abu Dhabi, Air France via Paris, KLM via Amsterdam you dont need a transit visa coz you are only transiting through the hubs of the various airlines and it is more economically convinient for them to re arrange their passengers to connect to their final destination. They already have an MOU with their host government. For British Airways and Airlines such as American Airlines, Delta, US airways you need a transit visa to pass through their hub as they want to pre authorise whoever is going through their country and do adequate security checks well in advance.

With respect to one way tickets, I have had to buy a return ticket from a foreign country though I was not planning to go back coz it was cheaper than a one way ticket to Nigeria. You can never tell with tickets as they change by the minute via complex intrigues employed by the airline operators dats why you may buy your ticket twice the price or half of the price of the passenger seated next to you. Competition plays an important role in the price mechanism. Funny enough, I was once given quote of over £600 to change the return leg of my BA ticket at Heathrow and the same lady at the counter gave me an option of buying a return ticket (lhr-abv-lhr) for about £500!
I called their online customer line and was able to change it for about £200 as it wasmidsummer with flighta fully booked

Well said boss ,,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dict4alpha: 9:20am On Aug 13, 2013
Nuendo: When i raised up the issue and asked us to look into some underlying reasons, I was almost crucified here for "causing so much panic" by some people.. Now can say with proof that about 4-5 U of Calgary prospective students weren't asked to pay for tuition or board. This my people, is a pattern. The CDHC may have a very strong communication with certain schools. However, I still think the closing balance and proof of financial worthiness still places the most part in sucess of the application.

Very well said. Also, I think the higher a school ranks, the more confident the VO is that you really intend to go and study, especially when you are funded. Check out the case of Aduke02.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:23am On Aug 13, 2013
Huzzie: TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1. Huzzie PG Centennial JULY 16 Paper route
2. Chrigo PG Lambton JULY 30 Paper route
3. Teexzle PG Lambton
4. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
5. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
6. Janut PG UoRegina
7. Humanshado PG UBC
8. Meyson UG UoRegina
9. Kicon PG centennial college
10. Teapea UG MUN
11. Cherokee ? Concordia/Dalhouise/UoRegina
12. Gwobo PG UoManitoba/UoSask/UoRegina
13. Ugoh11 PG Uocalgary/MUN
14. EMEKS86 UG UNB
15. Richard4ssky PG GeorgeBrown
16. Soweto ?
17. Tolyem Dip Keyano/Mohawk Collg
18. seunlovesa UG Brandon uni
19. Addey101 UG Dalhousie
20. Joe batters PG Fanshawe College
21.Omo Ondo PG Niagara College
22. Gdjay UG Brandon uni

N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college.
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers

GOD BLESS THIS LIST
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:27am On Aug 13, 2013
galala123:

sweet info!!! Boss grin....u'r highly blessed...due 2 dat u aint got no choice but for me to tap from ur blessing grin grin......i pray God answers ur prayer dis week sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.