Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,906 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (588381 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2013
Sir P!:

No p , another thing is if you're not using lufthansa for the entire journey , say you're flying lagos frankfurt on lufthansa but frankfurt toronto on air canada you might need a transit visa especially if you have to re check your bags in , I'm not sure though since I used lufthansa all the way to T.O . But like I said earlier I'm sure if you're using lufthansa all through you're fine
oh i see!!! Well said boss...i tap from ur blessing grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 9:29am On Aug 13, 2013
You may be closer to the truth my broda. besides, I sent you a mail. Please reply.
dict4alpha:

Very well said. Also, I think the higher a school ranks, the more confident the VO is that you really intend to go and study, especially when you are funded. Check out the case of Aduke02.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2013
I pm you Galala!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Jesunro: 10:49am On Aug 13, 2013
Hello House. I greet u all. actually dis is my first time of commenting on this thread, i have been a silent follower. well, I got to the medical stage before i realised some forum like this exists and right now am looking for a way to fix my one year board and Tuition, even though i already paid for a semester even before my medical invitation came. That was because the school gave me a deadline of July 4th to pay and i wasnt sure then if i was going to be given the trv. anyways, the question here is this; will the first semester school fees alone that has been paid suffice for their requirement or i just have to balance up else the trv isnt sure?
Once again, thanks to everyone...
Centinnial College, PGD in Financial Planning , resumption is 3rd of sept
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:22am On Aug 13, 2013
Jesunro: Hello House. I greet u all. actually dis is my first time of commenting on this thread, i have been a silent follower. well, I got to the medical stage before i realised some forum like this exists and right now am looking for a way to fix my one year board and Tuition, even though i already paid for a semester even before my medical invitation came. That was because the school gave me a deadline of July 4th to pay and i wasnt sure then if i was going to be given the trv. anyways, the question here is this; will the first semester school fees alone that has been paid suffice for their requirement or i just have to balance up else the trv isnt sure?
Once again, thanks to everyone...
Centinnial College, PGD in Financial Planning , resumption is 3rd of sept
my broda congrat on ur medical call...i tap from ur blessing grin grin ....please wen did u submit ur visa application I assume u didn't attach ur 1st semester reciept with ur visa app...bro y aint u sure u would b given trv U don gv ur faith 2 goat make dem chop am Anyway u'r 80% close to getting ur trv so betta go collect ya faith back frm dose goats grin grin ....we av pipo here who ar fasting and praying to get to dis ur position(e.g megrin)....i also assume u wuld b given deadline by cdhc to pay d tuition and board so please go pay ur 1yr full tuition and 1yr board....Once again congrat grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by accra2005: 11:42am On Aug 13, 2013
Pwunmi: It is well. I'm stilll waiting for medicals though.I'm sure I will see u in canny someday. Let's just hope for the best.
Thanks bro, wish u success .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:53am On Aug 13, 2013
Any visa applicant out there planing to submit late(e.g sept,oct) for winter(jan) session shuldnt go d paper route....Please go d ONLINE ROUTE.....A word is enuff for........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sir P!:

No p , another thing is if you're not using lufthansa for the entire journey , say you're flying lagos frankfurt on lufthansa but frankfurt toronto on air canada you might need a transit visa especially if you have to re check your bags in , I'm not sure though since I used lufthansa all the way to T.O . But like I said earlier I'm sure if you're using lufthansa all through you're fine
@Sir P yeah but even at that, you do not need a transit. I have done Niaja-to-Toronto before via Frankfurt and it was a Lufthansa/Air Canada combo, no transit visa was required. I have also done Niaja-to-Toronto via Paris, Airfrance, no transit v was required as well, so I believe Galala also.
I would recommend a return booking since it is sometimes cheaper or close to the price of a one-way. You could select your next summer break period as the return in-case you are unsure.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
I'm a lady. Thanks
accra2005:
Thanks bro, wish u success .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
ChriGo: wow!!! Another lambton course mate...u said u submitted on the 14th buh u didnt state the month sir....God will surely grant ur med call up dis week....ar u on watsapp sir if yes i will mail u my phone number...tanx

@kingg2030,ChriGo,nas-jay -am also heading 2 lambton college guys 4 ITPP submitted may 14,done medicals wasn't told 2 pay full tuition and board althoughh I had paid 8k before I submitted ma docs....nice 2 meet y'all.
Hopefully we can be roomies if y'all are looking 4 accomodation.ma pin is 28FD302D.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
ChriGo: Any visa applicant out there planing to submit late(e.g sept,oct) for winter(jan) session shuldnt go d paper route....Please go d ONLINE ROUTE.....A word is enuff for........
@ChirGo how many liters of gallon or na drums abi Tank u carry? U almost TAP all the blessings finish. Me na CONNECT direct i connect. To all the. Blessings.
Anyway thanks for the info. About the ONLINE stuff.gringrin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
bumdish:
@Sir P yeah but even at that, you do not need a transit. I have done Niaja-to-Toronto before via Frankfurt and it was a Lufthansa/Air Canada combo, no transit visa was required. I have also done Niaja-to-Toronto via Paris, Airfrance, no transit v was required as well, so I believe Galala also.
I would recommend a return booking since it is sometimes cheaper or close to the price of a one-way. You could select your next summer break period as the return in-case you are unsure.

Okay that clears that I wasn't too sure of the lufthansa / air Canada arrangement since I haven't tried it and I wouldn't wanna mislead anyone . I assume you had your bags checked in all the way to t.o ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
shayi12:

@kingg2030,ChriGo,nas-jay -am also heading 2 lambton college guys 4 ITPP submitted may 14,done medicals wasn't told 2 pay full tuition and board althoughh I had paid 8k before I submitted ma docs....nice 2 meet y'all.
Hopefully we can be roomies if y'all are looking 4 accomodation.ma pin is 28FD302D.
yep bro i guess i don tap ya blessing b4...if no, congrat i tap frm ur blessing grin grin ....didnt knw u'r also heading to lambton...so una even many 4 house ehn!!!....nice to meet u my bro....am nt on BB buh i dy watsapp mail ur number to chrigolex@gmail.com...would love to merge for accomodation buh my med call is still on d way nd am 4 winter session...make you,nas-jay,king2030 merge 4 now cuz una b sept session...i go cum join una later hopefully by nov/dec...ONE LOVE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
Kunsoft:
@ChirGo how many liters of gallon or na drums abi Tank u carry? U almost TAP all the blessings finish. Me na CONNECT direct i connect. To all the. Blessings.
Anyway thanks for the info. About the ONLINE stuff.gringrin grin
bro my litters neva full yet grin grin....i nid at least 20 more fall medical call up 4 ma litters to be full and ova flow...you can connect bro,as long as u no interfere with my own signal of blessings den we'r cul grin grin..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 1:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
ChriGo: bro my litters neva full yet grin grin....i nid at least 20 more fall medical call up 4 ma litters to be full and ova flow...you can connect bro,as long as u no interfere with my own signal of blessings den we'r cul grin grin..

Lol it won't interfere but you knw. Is the person that connect owns the blessing you dey vandalise am. Next month is your month of Med. IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Jesunro: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
thanks alot my bros. i submitted on the2nd of May, did my medicals on the 6th of August. Infact, i just got the receipt of the 1st semester via Postage service today. yes, the deadline i was given is the 28th of August. What if i dont amke the deadline cos the moni am expecting is around the 2nd week of september o. My dear Broda, yours will definitely come, itrust God for you... Cheers... grin
ChriGo: my broda congrat on ur medical call...i tap from ur blessing grin grin ....please wen did u submit ur visa application I assume u didn't attach ur 1st semester reciept with ur visa app...bro y aint u sure u would b given trv U don gv ur faith 2 goat make dem chop am Anyway u'r 80% close to getting ur trv so betta go collect ya faith back frm dose goats grin grin ....we av pipo here who ar fasting and praying to get to dis ur position(e.g megrin)....i also assume u wuld b given deadline by cdhc to pay d tuition and board so please go pay ur 1yr full tuition and 1yr board....Once again congrat grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
Good day all,

Please i have a question for the current canny peeps. With respect to phone lines. Which is better for international student, pre paid or contract phone. Also, is it better to buy phone naija or until i get to canny. which is cheaper.

Many thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
dotman: Good day all,

Please i have a question for the current canny peeps. With respect to phone lines. Which is better for international student, pre paid or contract phone. Also, is it better to buy phone naija or until i get to canny. which is cheaper.

Many thanks.

Stay away from contract if you can , the best is to buy an unlocked phone here and buy a prepaid Sim e.g koodo / wind and use . If you decide to buy contract phones you might be slammed outrageous bills and to opt out becomes a problem . Stay away from Rogers

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by anabor: 2:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
lol, I've being wondering where all the ladies @. Na so so bone to bone full this forum grin
Pwunmi: I'm a lady. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by anabor: 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
Please any Mohawk Fall 2013 hopefuls here? I need a tact team for accommodation arrangements, time is no longer on our side.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by anabor: 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
@ Lucky Don, have you collected your TRV? What are you doing aspa accommodation?
anabor: Please any Mohawk Fall 2013 hopefuls here? I need a tact team for accommodation arrangements, time is no longer on our side.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
Kunsoft:

Lol it won't interfere but you knw. Is the person that connect owns the blessing you dey vandalise am. Next month is your month of Med. IJN
lol grin grin....Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
Jesunro: thanks alot my bros. i submitted on the2nd of May, did my medicals on the 6th of August. Infact, i just got the receipt of the 1st semester via Postage service today. yes, the deadline i was given is the 28th of August. What if i dont amke the deadline cos the moni am expecting is around the 2nd week of september o. My dear Broda, yours will definitely come, itrust God for you... Cheers... grin
bro its a deadline dey gave u...failure to do so might resolve to sumtin else!!!....God punish devil...God will definitly see u tru on this....u knw u av to prove to cdhc dat u dy capable of funding ur sch's bill....its not a must u submit d hard copy of ur reciept..dat 1 na long thing...you can print the softcopy reciept dy sent u....once you make the next full payment you can request dem to send you a softcopy so that u can print direct frm ur laptop....either u present to cdhc soft or hard copy dy will still verify from d sch so all na same....u can also look 4 some1 heading ur sch on dis forum so dat u can merge for accomodation....if u'r single u can b lucky to find a female merger grin grin grin.....wish u all d best bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
CDHC called me to ask if I have paid the one year's tuition, which I said yes, that I'm waiting for their email receipt. She asked me something that sounded like " do you know our email?" ( I didn't get that clearly); so I'm wondering if the receipt can be forwarded to their email. ANY IDEA, PLS?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
anabor: @ Lucky Don, have you collected your TRV? What are you doing aspa accommodation?
I never even do meds sef...hoping for the best.What of you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
frederal: CDHC called me to ask if I have paid the one year's tuition, which I said yes, that I'm waiting for their email receipt. She asked me something that sounded like " do you know our email?" ( I didn't get that clearly); so I'm wondering if the receipt can be forwarded to their email. ANY IDEA, PLS?
Broda abeg which number dem take call u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
frederal: CDHC called me to ask if I have paid the one year's tuition, which I said yes, that I'm waiting for their email receipt. She asked me something that sounded like " do you know our email?" ( I didn't get that clearly); so I'm wondering if the receipt can be forwarded to their email. ANY IDEA, PLS?
bros pls did u apply online And whats d deadline dy gave u to pay ur tuition and board....jst wondering why dey would call....may be dere hand dy scratch dem to quick gv u ur trv grin grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Gdjay(m): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
ChriGo: really!!! Bro please paste the link here make we read am...e fit b say na anoda cic site meant for planet jupita u see dat 1..grin grin grin

My brother no b when i go jupiter i see am o! See am here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2013

When did you do your medic. Were u asked to pay board too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
You can send to their mail.Just ensure you qoute the following:
UCI no, , application no, Full names as written on passport, date of submission, date of birth,date of medical call up and passport number.
These details will give them necessary details to respond to you.plus a scanned copy of the receipt and If you don't have that much time...you can follow up with going there with a hard copy.All the best.
Please when you do medicals? So I can extrapolate...lol
Their email address:re-lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
lucky Don: Broda abeg which number dem take call u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
kjbobo:
You can send to their mail.Just ensure you qoute the following:
UCI no, , application no, Full names as written on passport, date of submission, date of birth,date of medical call up and passport number.
These details will give them necessary details to respond to you.plus a scanned copy of the receipt and If you don't have that much time...you can follow up with going there with a hard copy.All the best.
Please when you do medicals? So I can extrapolate...lol
Their email address:re-lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

Thank you. Medical instruction: 18 July; submitted passport back: 25th july.
I'm in Enugu sha, but I think I move to Lagos to submit them @ VAC.

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.