Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586887 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bukahands(m): 10:45am On Apr 01, 2013
sonet: am very sure of wot am sayin. have sent my document to manitoba twice and it took just 5 working days and i paid 7k its fedex u can go to any Nipost office near u and ask.

He's not saying ur lying he's saying dat FEDEX is slow.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Joe980: 10:59am On Apr 01, 2013
@Kayce...congrats! Go forth and fulfil your dreams.

@newacca...what would be would surely be insha Allah. Your thoughts are cool. Work on them pretty soon to be ahead of time in getting LOA. June is close bruv. How is she? wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:31am On Apr 01, 2013
newacca:

Thanks so much bro. I am contemplating on enrolling with LSBF,but right now,I have reservation for these private colleges. My experience with Stouffville College has caused this. I am also thinking of a public college that offers Accounting course like Advance Dimploma prog. of 1 or 2yrs.
Meanwhile,let us wait to have experience from the veterans in the house,especially those that are already in Canny. I am open to more advice.
...Bro...I never encourage anyone to head to private colleges...cos they are not straight forward at all....I had a bad experience myself...the private school wey I use enter Canada close down soon after cos the owner no gree pay tax...and we all know how these Oyinbos no dey joke with dem tax....

The LSBF wey u dey look sef, no straight....I go advise make u look into a public college my bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deaero: 11:56am On Apr 01, 2013
dommakavelli:

Team MUN
am heading for MUN winter 2014...hit me wit ur BBM pin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 12:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
khemthar: @Kaycee: Finally!!. Congrats man. Anxiety over. "Ït always seems impossible until its done"
Thanks I preciate it!

olufemi14: @kaycee: congrats bro, @last. So happy 4 U. Xup wit accommodation?...

Tanks broda, am gonna b stayin off campus

mosquitoway: Kayce43 congrats bro.....I knew God would show his hand.u have been very strong,well the time has come to drink oga sigas coffee...lol,see u in Canada bro,stay in touch
Loool tanks bro, its God's doing ,.I definitely will.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 12:27pm On Apr 01, 2013
Siga: ...Bro...I never encourage anyone to head to private colleges...cos they are not straight forward at all....I had a bad experience myself...the private school wey I use enter Canada close down soon after cos the owner no gree pay tax...and we all know how these Oyinbos no dey joke with dem tax....

The LSBF wey u dey look sef, no straight....I go advise make u look into a public college my bro....

BOSS! I have been looking forward to response from you and all other ogas,though some good dudes here have also thrown in their comment.
Now Baba,as my case be. wetin u think say e fit happen? As I dey also look into some other public schools.
The issue now is how I present the case to CDHC,Lagos. I can find public school,and I will also be consistent with my proposed course (Accounting) prog may change cos it's only the 2 colleges that offer ACCA. Can I go for Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Accounting?
Now,my documents are still with CDHC and I want to avoid a situation where they will ask me to re-apply or reject my application. What do you think I can do? Do you think I stand a chance?
Also,can I look into another province like Sask? considering the fact that I have already applied to college in Ontario(Stouffville college)
I welcome advice from everyone. Thanks a million.
Joe980: @Kayce...congrats! Go forth and fulfil your dreams.

@newacca...what would be would surely be insha Allah. Your thoughts are cool. Work on them pretty soon to be ahead of time in getting LOA. June is close bruv. How is she? wink
Sure Bro. Que sera sera. If there is good future for me in Canada,God will make it for me,if not he will definitely give something better Maa-sha Allah(As Allah willed it). Already workin on d Public schools,any suggestion?
She is alright smiley Grazie.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
@newacca....I love ur enthusiasm .... when the school I take enter fold up...I was already in Canada and trying to apply for a multiple entry visa as back then na single entry dem dey give students....the VO wey handle my file for Buffalo advised me to go find another school to get the visa...so, this case is different as u are still in Naija...I will advise u secure a new admission...I can't advise u to wait till CDHC ask u for a new date or maybe change ur school, cos they most likely will verify the school before issuing any visa anyways, and dem go find out say the scool don pafuka....so, na risky game....I may advise u get a new school, most likely a public one...then write CDHC about ur discovery and why u changed school...coupled with new admission letter and acceptance....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by blink6(m): 1:08pm On Apr 01, 2013
Hey y'all. how una dey?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Joe980: 1:21pm On Apr 01, 2013
^^Hahahhaha. Blink! Where have you bn? shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 1:28pm On Apr 01, 2013
lucky Don: I thought as much...pinged u many times but got no response...add me again
Gimme ur contact. I lost all my bbm contacts on dat phone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Joe980: 1:30pm On Apr 01, 2013
@newacca; Don Siga has a detailed response. That's a sure way to go. Go ahead applying... With your new LOA(before June) and detailed letter to CDHC as suggested by Don Siga, it shows how serious you are. Then their response will be a pointer on the next step.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
Bros newacca.......... I feel wht siga said is the sure way to go. Cos with cdhc u never can tell. I will advise u stick wit public college for now and when u get to CA u can look in sask. The most importantly will b dat letter to cdhc outlining d reason for present them with new admission letter from a diff college
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
Siga: @newacca....I love ur enthusiasm .... when the school I take enter fold up...I was already in Canada and trying to apply for a multiple entry visa as back then na single entry dem dey give students....the VO wey handle my file for Buffalo advised me to go find another school to get the visa...so, this case is different as u are still in Naija...I will advise u secure a new admission...I can't advise u to wait till CDHC ask u for a new date or maybe change ur school, cos they most likely will verify the school before issuing any visa anyways, and dem go find out say the scool don pafuka....so, na risky game....I may advise u get a new school, most likely a public one...then write CDHC about ur discovery and why u changed school...coupled with new admission letter and acceptance....

Thx so much for your word. I am already searching for Public schools. I will keep u guyz posted of the latest development.

@Joe980 and Xtus
iAppreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mosquitoway: 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2013
newacca:

Thx so much for your word. I am already searching for Public schools. I will keep u guyz posted of the latest development.

@Joe980 and Xtus
iAppreciate.
Newacca I'm just 10 minutes away from stouffville if you could email me your details,would stop by the school and confirm what is actually happening,I called them and they did not say definitely they had stopped,d guy that picked said they hadn't issued any letters for 2013 sept. , I then told him u deferred,but didn't have the student number and everything,so I think it's still worth the try
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mosquitoway: 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2013
mosquitoway: Newacca I'm just 10 minutes away from stouffville if you could email me your details,would stop by the school and confirm what is actually happening,I called them and they did not say definitely they had stopped,d guy that picked said they hadn't issued any letters for 2013 sept. , I then told him u deferred,but didn't have the student number and everything,so I think it's still worth the try
Email me @ mosquitoway@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
mosquitoway: Email me @ mosquitoway@yahoo.com
....that is ridiculous....even Humber College wey get thousands of applicants done dey issue acceptance letters....Please bro....check wella with that school and ask students wat they think....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
mosquitoway: Newacca I'm just 10 minutes away from stouffville if you could email me your details,would stop by the school and confirm what is actually happening,I called them and they did not say definitely they had stopped,d guy that picked said they hadn't issued any letters for 2013 sept. , I then told him u deferred,but didn't have the student number and everything,so I think it's still worth the try

Thanks so much for your concern,and for going to the extent of making calls and direct contact for me. I also sent messages to 3 of their former students( All of them have changed college) one of them spoke with me on fone,that the school has closed,the other one sent response to my e-mail that he put some calls thru and he was told the school is not offering ACCA anymore. The third person said he gotta get back to me.
I sent messages to the college's e-mails addresses that we correspond on,it bounces back. I will call their phone number tomorrow.
Meanwhile,I am already searching for Public colleges to enrol with.
@Mosquitoaway,if eventually check on them,u can get more facts and reactions from students their or the college staff. I know they will want to sweet-coat words. Thanks Bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
please can i get some lists of colleges / universities dat can give addmission to students that graduated with a 2.50 out of 5.00 in any part of canada. replies with be highly welcomed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 1:14am On Apr 02, 2013
Hello,
I have 2 quik questions pls,
1. Can I swear my affidavit in ministry of justice or it must b from high court.

2.Letter of intent and statement of purpose, is there any difference, if yes wat r d differences and which am I supose to submit to d embassy.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 2:36am On Apr 02, 2013
Letter of intent and statement of purpose are the same ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mosquitoway: 2:40am On Apr 02, 2013
newacca:

Thanks so much for your concern,and for going to the extent of making calls and direct contact for me. I also sent messages to 3 of their former students( All of them have changed college) one of them spoke with me on fone,that the school has closed,the other one sent response to my e-mail that he put some calls thru and he was told the school is not offering ACCA anymore. The third person said he gotta get back to me.
I sent messages to the college's e-mails addresses that we correspond on,it bounces back. I will call their phone number tomorrow.
Meanwhile,I am already searching for Public colleges to enrol with.
@Mosquitoaway,if eventually check on them,u can get more facts and reactions from students their or the college staff. I know they will want to sweet-coat words. Thanks Bro.
Yea the guy that answered the phone did not say categorically that they had stopped,he was goin up and down about it and maintaining no new acceptance letters have been issued out,I wld get back to you soonest tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 4:09am On Apr 02, 2013
You guys re just talking about Nipost and fedex, what about DHL? Is it not fast to send mails from Nigeria to Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 5:25am On Apr 02, 2013
Odinwa: You guys re just talking about Nipost and fedex, what about DHL? Is it not fast to send mails from Nigeria to Canada?

Shuooo, if u get d money use DHL na. You can use anything u like. If possible put d letter for first class on Emirate airlines, as far as e reach canada. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by seyidollar4real: 7:01am On Apr 02, 2013
MUN told me my admission letter has been sent by regular mail, i av also been waiting for weeks running into months now. I av decided to make a clean copy of d soft copy for submission this week, if it does not come in
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 8:08am On Apr 02, 2013
Makomen Omonkhomion: please can i get some lists of colleges / universities dat can give addmission to students that graduated with a 2.50 out of 5.00 in any part of canada. replies with be highly welcomed.

www.ontariocolleges.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 8:31am On Apr 02, 2013
A lot of MUN guys in the house. I know we'll get our TRVs and we should all hook up before we leave for canada. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 9:22am On Apr 02, 2013
seyidollar4real: MUN told me my admission letter has been sent by regular mail, i av also been waiting for weeks running into months now. I av decided to make a clean copy of d soft copy for submission this week, if it does not come in
Broz abeg make a clean print out of the soft copy,i dont know why people make a big deal of this issue. CDHC only ask for original and photocopy of the admission letter...moreover some schools dont issue hard copy e.g my school,wetin i for do now, carry flash drop with my docx abi.You are good to go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rubenic(m): 9:30am On Apr 02, 2013
@all Has anyone applied applied to York University? Do they accept Scanned copy of transcript? I know some schools in Ontario do but am not sure about york.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:23am On Apr 02, 2013
seyidollar4real: MUN told me my admission letter has been sent by regular mail, i av also been waiting for weeks running into months now. I av decided to make a clean copy of d soft copy for submission this week, if it does not come in

Same here bro...what's ur course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 10:39am On Apr 02, 2013
Wow! What gesture! You'r a brother indeed. God bless u big time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 11:24am On Apr 02, 2013
Imagine this people telling me to certify each document is 1k? Pls who knows how much it really cost to certify a document?

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.