Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586902 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
Gbesunboke: Please kindly edit/remove your subsequent posts after the 1st one.

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
@gbesunboke are you a learner?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2013
xtus:

Bro are u on bbm? Inbox me ur pin. get some Q 2 ask u........ Cletus161@yahoo.com
Hi xtus, I'm no longer on bbm. Changed to android recently. We culd hook up on watsapp if u'r on it. Else my dad's BB is almost always with me. We can hook up there too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 7:06pm On Mar 30, 2013
kayce43: I have gotn my VISA and words can't express how happy I am...All Glory goes to God...Thank you Jesus!!! Submitted Sept 20th, Medical call Dec19th but did it on Jan 7th, Visa out March 29th, u Can go to page 270 of part 3 for documents i submitted, also am Highly favoured cus my Cousin's husband was my sponsor which I knw is a rare case scenario to use such a sponsor and get the Visa still. Am so happy , waited 7months for this, God is good!!!! Virgin Passport, only Ghana was stamped on my passport, Thanks house for all your Moral support, u guyz kept me going...One love people!
WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! You indeed deserve to be celebrated. After the long wait, it ended gloriously. I'm so so happy. God be praised!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 7:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
ZionSpecie:
Hi xtus, I'm no longer on bbm. Changed to android recently. We culd hook up on watsapp if u'r on it. Else my dad's BB is almost always with me. We can hook up there too.
I thought as much...pinged u many times but got no response...add me again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 30, 2013
Congrats Kaycee. Atlast, u hv every reason to be thankful and joyful.
U got a very good easter gift.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
Team fall/next round of medical awaitees. Waiting in line. Close to 5 weeks and counting

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
Hello guys. Thanks for the great job on the thread so far. I am new here and I am seeking information on applying for visa to Canada. My passport expires in 9 months, and I cannot get a re-issue since it is not yet the 6 months to expiration stipulated by immigration. Yet, the canadian embassy wants me to include the passport in my application and it must cover the duration of my stay there? It is still a virgin passport; should I abandon it and get a fresh one? What could I do? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
[quote author=kenniy]the summary is i just got my visa smiley

the very long story is: this morning was chating with kayce when i saw this on vfs: "Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to the centre where you applied".. i know that means they sending back my documents to vfs..i also know most likely its not yet at vfs, as the status will be ".... ready for collection..." when it gets there..
ordinarily,as is done before, i woulda assumed that is my visa. but cos like most people that got visa since january, they would get an email saying "Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved." ..and as at then, i haven't gotten that mail. i freaked out (ask kayce wink).. cos i also know CDHC could still reject someone after medicals. i original tot i'll wait till 'morrow cos i wasnt with the slip (i stopped carrying it in my bag just last week after i was told by a nigerian cdhc official that they not gonna issue visa for me yet with more than 6 months to resume school)..i eventually got someone to bring the slip for me when i was sure i wouldnt sleep right knowin there is a schrodinger's cat right in my domain..
when i got there, my documents where still in transit, so had to wait for like 2 hr..eventually i got the package, and shakingly, i opened it and went straight to my passport..then i smiled..

sorry i bored u all, just so ecstatic at the moment..lol..yh..i also got that email too few mins ago..

Hello Kenny: I received word from Univ of Saskantchewan last week that I have been offered admission. The admin staff told me to start visa processing, and I truly need sb to help me out. My resumption is Sept. 2013. Based on your experience, what should I do? Could anybody here also help with valuable info? Thanks all!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 10:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
@ Shadams
I will suggest you go to immigration, explain your situation they should let you renew. If they don't, go ahead and apply. I applied with a 9 month-to-expiration passport too... The deputy high commission instructed me to renew just before they issued the visa so don't despair you are safe either way. The visa application requirement was 6months the last time I checked.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sonet: 10:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
Shadams: Hello guys. Thanks for the great job on the thread so far. I am new here and I am seeking information on applying for visa to Canada. My passport expires in 9 months, and I cannot get a re-issue since it is not yet the 6 months to expiration stipulated by immigration. Yet, the canadian embassy wants me to include the passport in my application and it must cover the duration of my stay there? It is still a virgin passport; should I abandon it and get a fresh one? What could I do? Thanks.
u can apply for another passport but u have to go Abuja and make sure u explain the reason For re-issue. It happens to me wen i applied for manitoba provincial nominee program i had a yr and three month on my passport yet i re-issue another one. But it can only be done @ heade office abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 11:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
MA economics, all my required doc got there sinx early febuary, ok I will try and call the graduate coordinator
olawunmi_samuel: Sometime early January. What department are you applying to?

I suggest you call their graduate coordinator.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 12:09am On Mar 31, 2013
@olawunmi I just checked my app status..a decision has been made, bt I didn't receive any email from d school, was that d case 4 u too, if yes, did u send a mail requesting for the soft copy of your admission letter..kindly reply pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 1:42am On Mar 31, 2013
sonet: u can apply for another passport but u have to go Abuja and make sure u explain the reason For re-issue. It happens to me wen i applied for manitoba provincial nominee program i had a yr and three month on my passport yet i re-issue another one. But it can only be done @ heade office abuja.
Can you give a rough estimate of how much to spent @ d Hqtrs and how long did it take to get ur new passport
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 2:59am On Mar 31, 2013
mercylicious: Congrats Kaycee. Atlast, u hv every reason to be thankful and joyful.
U got a very good easter gift.
Thanks dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sonet: 3:02am On Mar 31, 2013
teexzle:
Can you give a rough estimate of how much to spent @ d Hqtrs and how long did it take to get ur new passport
due to the fact that i have connection there, i paid 35k for the passport. and collected it within a week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 3:02am On Mar 31, 2013
Huzzie:
Finally its here, end of those sleepless night and imaginary feelings in your head called WORLD OF FANTASY.Srzly i am very very happy for you.#Alingo mood activated# But how come you got your TRV on a holiday.
Thanks preciate it, Visa was issued 28th of March but got the mail 29th, will pick my package after the hols.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 3:09am On Mar 31, 2013
Robbie37: @Kayce43 woohooo!!! Nice Easter gift there man... Our joy on this forum getting more complete by the day. Congrats brother the wait is over sun don shine commot from the storm... Congrats again !
Tanks broda
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 3:10am On Mar 31, 2013
Etinosajay:

Yaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

See how happy I am, reading this. I practically left my date stuck on 25th. That's d date we agreed on, see? This was overdue by three days. I'm so happy for you bro, got this news late. But now I got more reasons to be optimistic. Thank God for such an Easter Gift, wish for mine to be served in same plates smiley
God will smile on ur application smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 5:19am On Mar 31, 2013
Robbie37: @ Shadams
I will suggest you go to immigration, explain your situation they should let you renew. If they don't, go ahead and apply. I applied with a 9 month-to-expiration passport too... The deputy high commission instructed me to renew just before they issued the visa so don't despair you are safe either way. The visa application requirement was 6months the last time I checked.

I am grateful to you. Many thanks. I am including a letter clarifying the situation, should I apply with the 9 months-to-expire passport. Hope that helps. Really grateful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 5:21am On Mar 31, 2013
sonet: u can apply for another passport but u have to go Abuja and make sure u explain the reason For re-issue. It happens to me wen i applied for manitoba provincial nominee program i had a yr and three month on my passport yet i re-issue another one. But it can only be done @ heade office abuja.

Thanks you. Really grateful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Burningflamz: 6:18am On Mar 31, 2013
Congrats bro,delay is not denial.God no de sleep.
kayce43: I have gotn my VISA and words can't express how happy I am...All Glory goes to God...Thank you Jesus!!! Submitted Sept 20th, Medical call Dec19th but did it on Jan 7th, Visa out March 29th, u Can go to page 270 of part 3 for documents i submitted, also am Highly favoured cus my Cousin's husband was my sponsor which I knw is a rare case scenario to use such a sponsor and get the Visa still. Am so happy , waited 7months for this, God is good!!!! Virgin Passport, only Ghana was stamped on my passport, Thanks house for all your Moral support, u guyz kept me going...One love people!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 7:37am On Mar 31, 2013
teexzle: @olawunmi I just checked my app status..a decision has been made, bt I didn't receive any email from d school, was that d case 4 u too, if yes, did u send a mail requesting for the soft copy of your admission letter..kindly reply pls

Email gradapply@mun.ca and sgs@mun.ca or akim@mun.ca 

Tell them your application status states that a decision has been made and you would like to know the decision that has been made. In the mail, include your full name, memorial student number and D.O.B. Or CALL the graduate coordinator in your department. Before my status got to decision made, my potential supervisor already told me I'm admissible and that they have sent a recommendation to the school of postgraduate studies.

I didn't request for soft copy. They just told me to fill an accept/decline form I.e a form stating that I have accepted the admission.

If you have a friend in canada, give them the person's mailing address so that they can send the admission letter to the person and then the person can dhl it to you. It will be faster.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 7:53am On Mar 31, 2013
Please I want to know how fast is NIPOST? I wanna send my academic documents to the school am applying for through NIPOST. Is it advisable??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 7:53am On Mar 31, 2013
My advice to some people that are applying to canadian universities that require you getting a potential supervisor.

Always try to call the lecturers first, don't mail them quickly. Speak with them, tell them how you have looked at their research papers and how you would love to work with them and how their work is in line with what your want to do for your thesis.

If they are available, they will tell you to mail them. Email them what you want to do for research and send your CV and undergrad project if you have the soft copy.

All I'm trying to say is, good communication is key to securing a potential supervisor. Sometimes this guys don't read emails but calling goes a long way in establishing a relationship with them and the school. Buy air time cheesy

I hope i have answered the question of the mun faithfuls that sent me pms too. Happy easter. X
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sonet: 8:51am On Mar 31, 2013
Odinwa: Please I want to know how fast is NIPOST? I wanna send my academic documents to the school am applying for through NIPOST. Is it advisable??
via corrier i.e fedex it will take 5 working days to get to canada. with minimum of 7k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 10:02am On Mar 31, 2013
My half sister is my sponsor. I will like to know the chances I have with that relationship. And with what documents will I best prove our relationship with.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 10:41am On Mar 31, 2013
olawunmi_samuel:

Email gradapply@mun.ca and sgs@mun.ca or akim@mun.ca 

Tell them your application status states that a decision has been made and you would like to know the decision that has been made. In the mail, include your full name, memorial student number and D.O.B. Or CALL the graduate coordinator in your department. Before my status got to decision made, my potential supervisor already told me I'm admissible and that they have sent a recommendation to the school of postgraduate studies.

I didn't request for soft copy. They just told me to fill an accept/decline form I.e a form stating that I have accepted the admission.

If you have a friend in canada, give them the person's mailing address so that they can send the admission letter to the person and then the person can dhl it to you. It will be faster.
Ok thanks samuel..wats ur mail aDdy or ur tel No.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2013
Hi? For those heading to mun sep 2013,holla let's b friends here b4 we reach der.lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.