Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586866 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 12:54pm On Mar 31, 2013

Odinwa: Please I want to know how fast is NIPOST? I wanna send my academic documents to the school am applying for through NIPOST. Is it advisable??
via corrier i.e fedex it will take 5 working days to get to canada. with minimum of 7k.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

I registered all my mails at d post office n they were received within 10 days. It was only N400
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2013
VCTROKOYE:
I registered all my mails at d post office n they were received with 10 days. It was only N400

Canadian Schools still don't take scanned certified documents.Aussie schools beat them at that one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2013
Burningflamz: Congrats bro,delay is not denial.God no de sleep.
thanks preciate it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2013
Shadams: Hello Kenny: I received word from Univ of Saskantchewan last week that I have been offered admission. The admin staff told me to start visa processing, and I truly need sb to help me out. My resumption is Sept. 2013. Based on your experience, what should I do? Could anybody here also help with valuable info? Thanks all!

if they havent sent your letter of acceptance, you can try get them to courier it, or arrange a pickup..considering that if they are just gonna send it using regular post, might take till mid/late may before u receive it.. (i know some on ds thread are saying you can use a scanned copy, i dont know about that since the checklist clearly says "Original and 1 Photocopy of Letter of Acceptance". if anyone has previously been successful with a scanned copy, he/she might wanna chip in on ds)..
once that is sorted out..u can take it from there

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2013
onuawuchi: My half sister is my sponsor. I will like to know the chances I have with that relationship. And with what documents will I best prove our relationship with.
you have a good chance since u guys are directly related. including birth certs for both of u guys indicating same mum/dad should fix tht..a letter explaining relationship and indicating why she wanna sponsor should be fine too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 2:45pm On Mar 31, 2013
ferdimako:

Canadian Schools still don't take scanned certified documents.Aussie schools beat them at that one.
That's not totally true, I am yet to send any of my documents in hard copy form to Canada.All were sent as soft copy and I got admitted,though,I still have to send them but I want to be called for medicals before I do that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2013
Odinwa:
My guy let me not lie to u, am afraid that the school might reject me cos of my grade (2.2), so am applying for Advanced diploma course in Algonquin college ottawa, I hvnt sent my transcript yet cos am am afraid there won't be enough time for me to get my visa before september, so I wanna keep it till january or do u advice I go ahead and apply for the september batch?
Okay that's nice but you should have given it a try since they can assess your documents for admission purpose to know your chances even before you pay,though,that was what they did in my Faculty(Goodman Business School)I can't specifically say that it is applicable to all faculties.
Since you have decided on Algonquin no P, You have precisely 6 months to september today, if they won't take time to process your transcript and other supporting documents,you could give it a try. Start my asking the co-ordinator the processing time for decision, if it takes time you could start preparing for Winter then.Hope this info will help you.Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
Odinwa:
My guy let me not lie to u, am afraid that the school might reject me cos of my grade (2.2), so am applying for Advanced diploma course in Algonquin college ottawa, I hvnt sent my transcript yet cos am am afraid there won't be enough time for me to get my visa before september, so I wanna keep it till january or do u advice I go ahead and apply for the september batch?

u can as well choose to resume in jan 2014. thats just 3 months away from sept..then there is enuff time for u to get admitted and apply for visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2013

Odinwa: Please I want to know how fast is NIPOST? I wanna send my academic documents to the school am applying for through NIPOST. Is it advisable??
via corrier i.e fedex it will take 5 working days to get to canada. with minimum

I didn't use NIPOST(courier) because the woman at post office told me that registered mails n NIPOST(courier) are carried together. The school I applied to acknowledged my mail 9 days after I mail it. You can verify this at the post office. I spent only N400 4 mine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2013
kenniy:

if they havent sent your letter of acceptance, you can try get them to courier it, or arrange a pickup..considering that if they are just gonna send it using regular post, might take till mid/late may before u receive it.. (i know some on ds thread are saying you can use a scanned copy, i dont know about that since the checklist clearly says "Original and 1 Photocopy of Letter of Acceptance". if anyone has previously been successful with a scanned copy, he/she might wanna chip in on ds)..
once that is sorted out..u can take it from there

Many thanks. I just pray the six months processing time for visa does not affect me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2013
kayce43: Thanks Guyz I appreciate all the love and kind words , very much appreciated!!!

Congrats kayce...am really happy for you bro.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:06pm On Mar 31, 2013
Da-range:
Hi? For those heading to mun sep 2013,holla let's b friends here b4 we reach der.lol

Team MUN

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 8:53pm On Mar 31, 2013
sonet: via corrier i.e fedex it will take 5 working days to get to canada. with minimum of 7k.

5 working days to canada via fedex, is that fast? I used courierplus, took em 3 days to deliver to Vancouver @ 7200.

However, if u have time on your hands (say 2-3 weeks on your hands), please use NIPOST, just about 600. I've used em too, its effective, sending to Canada from Nigeria. Only receiving from Canada, I cannot attest to their efficiency or time-saving.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2013
VCTROKOYE:
I didn't use NIPOST(courier) because the woman at post office told me that registered mails n NIPOST(courier) are carried together. The school I applied to acknowledged my mail 9 days after I mail it. You can verify this at the post office. I spent only N400 4 mine.

Nipost isn't the same as courier. Nipost is the Nigerian postal service, and they have different sending options (Regular (Ordinary), Registered, and courier). Regular and Registered are carried together, difference is that u get to register some information with NIPOST about ur documents. For regular, no body even know whether u send something self. While Nipost courier service seem to be EMS speedpost (takes about 6900 to canada).but if u have 3-4 weeks maximum, use NIpost ordinary or registered or else use courierplus or any other courier provider
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by spicyopzy: 9:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
Hello all,am new here and i will like to know more about canada visa cos i will like 2 go 2 canada for holidays.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2013
Shadams:

Many thanks. I just pray the six months processing time for visa does not affect me.

Azzing. So far they've responded to a couple of applications this year that am aware of in 2 months, I hope mine will be the same or less having already done one month.. Those guys that submitted online, how far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2013
spicyopzy: Hello all,am new here and i will like to know more about canada visa cos i will like 2 go 2 canada for holidays.

Canada visa is issued by a Visa Officer (VO) that works with Canada Deputy High Commission (CDHC), No 4 Anifowoshe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

THAT'S ALL.....................

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 9:22pm On Mar 31, 2013
mozo:

Azzing. So far they've responded to a couple of applications this year that am aware of in 2 months, I hope mine will be the same or less having already done one month.. Those guys that submitted online, how far?

2 weeks for me so far, hoping to hear frm em next week.. it says 25 days for processing ..hopefully
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by spicyopzy: 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2013
@onye oma tanks.pls can we talk better on yahoo messenger.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 9:29pm On Mar 31, 2013
spicyopzy: @onye oma tanks.pls can we talk better on yahoo messenger.

Ok,Send me a PM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2013
Goldie20:

2 weeks for me so far, hoping to hear frm em next week.. it says 25 days for processing ..hopefully

Well, this public holiday will delay them a little. The least time they've used to access an application is 30 days, never less. Already have my mind set that before last week in April. They've not contacted my office or my bank or my sponsor's bank yet, hopefully they can do all that in the first week in April, then the following week call me for medicals (by the Grace of GOD)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sonet: 10:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
Etinosajay:

5 working days to canada via fedex, is that fast? I used courierplus, took em 3 days to deliver to Vancouver @ 7200.

However, if u have time on your hands (say 2-3 weeks on your hands), please use NIPOST, just about 600. I've used em too, its effective, sending to Canada from Nigeria. Only receiving from Canada, I cannot attest to their efficiency or time-saving.
am very sure of wot am sayin. have sent my document to manitoba twice and it took just 5 working days and i paid 7k its fedex u can go to any Nipost office near u and ask.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
sonet: am very sure of wot am sayin. have sent my document to manitoba twice and it took just 5 working days and i paid 7k its fedex u can go to any Nipost office near u and ask.

N i sent docx to canny too wit 450 tru Nipost registered n it took 8days
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
@All,
According to the information reaching me STOUFFVILLE COLLEGE,TORONTO,ON has closed down and ceased offering ACCA prog. Now,I don't know my stand/chance concerning my study visa application. I am due to complete my treatment come June,2013. It is certain CDHC will request another LOA.
House,please I need your advice,tips and comment. @Fhemmmy,Baba Siga et al. so many things on mind now. can I change institution at the moment or even in another province like sask? I'm a bit nervous

@TRV_IJN,
Please we need to connect. I am trying to enrol with LSBF,Toronto for ACCA.
God knows best. If I have a future in Canada,God will make it for me,if not,he will do something better. smiley
@All, Keep calm and Carry on... smiley
#In sha Allah: If Allah wills#
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2013
Goldie20:

@goldie, u've gat no probs since u applied outside naija.

What did u use as proof of relationship wit ur sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by spicyopzy: 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
@onye oma pls r u on bbm?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:16pm On Mar 31, 2013
spicyopzy: @onye oma pls r u on bbm?

Send me ur pin if you wish
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
Da-range:
Hi? For those heading to mun sep 2013,holla let's b friends here b4 we reach der.lol
I holla..wat course, UG or PG and v u recievd admission leta
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 10:39pm On Mar 31, 2013
UG Comp. Sci and yes have gotten my admission letter,
teexzle:
I holla..wat course, UG or PG and v u recievd admission leta
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 10:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
Goldie20:

25 days for processing? In Nigeria? Please shed some light
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 10:42pm On Mar 31, 2013
What about you?
Da-range:
UG Comp. Sci and yes have gotten my admission letter,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 10:42pm On Mar 31, 2013
dommakavelli:

Team MUN
Hw fa Ecomate, how's documentatn goin, can we talk pls, I have ?s to ask u as regards Mun, my status changed to decision made..am rily curious abt d next step to take..I will b sendn a mail 2nte tho,

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.