Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,268 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589544 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 11:01pm On Aug 28, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:

Normally due to dia inefficient system (Nipost) n delays 4rm canadian customs, it tks 2weeks n som dayz. But maximum 3weeks n few dayz

Thanks a lot bros.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:07pm On Aug 28, 2013
I'm about boarding my flight to Calgary enroute JFK. Abeg, no too carry money ooo cos some of these officials no dey shame to ask for thank you. I tell one say na only $20 I carry and the next thing she re-open my passport to scrutinize the thing. When she return am, her looks no funny naim I smile give her.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 11:15pm On Aug 28, 2013
GboyegaD: I'm about boarding my flight to Calgary enroute JFK. Abeg, no too carry money ooo cos some of these officials no dey shame to ask for thank you. I tell one say na only $20 I carry and the next thing she re-open my passport to scrutinize the thing. When she return am, her looks no funny naim I smile give her.

Safe trip sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:17pm On Aug 28, 2013
mistur_chris: Thanks chrigo.Im targeting fall 2015 but i want to start as early as possible.because i know it gets tighter and harder with time.my major issue is just that appraisal letter.my school takes less than a month to get the transcripts ready with their new system.and what other schools do you know that would consider 2.2?
ahhh!! Fall 2015 far gan ke!!....abi u mean fall 2014...pls verify oo....never heard of sum1 processing 2yrs future admission oo....uni of ottawa accept 2/2....do u have work experience?...dat mite b an added advantage for 2/2 applicants....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:24pm On Aug 28, 2013
GboyegaD: I'm about boarding my flight to Calgary enroute JFK. Abeg, no too carry money ooo cos some of these officials no dey shame to ask for thank you. I tell one say na only $20 I carry and the next thing she re-open my passport to scrutinize the thing. When she return am, her looks no funny naim I smile give her.
so are u saying we should hold tip off cash?...dem sef dy collect bribish appreciation cash...no yawa sir...wish u safe trip 2 calgary and please dont resign frm here oo....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by misturchris(m): 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
ChriGo omo sorry jare.i mean 2014 thats next year. im currently serving but i wouldnt wanna waste time after service.MUN seems good though.and thats where my mind is.but im just gathering info because the forms would be out next month and i dont wanna have hitches here and there.and do u know if calgary would accept for grad diploma?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2013
dict4alpha: I'm flying this weekend: Lagos - Amsterdam - Montreal - Calgary. Could someone please help with what to expect from Immigration, in terms of the likely questions they would ask @ the Canny port of entry? Will be really appreciated.
Dat should be d least of ur worries sir...accordin 2 wat other travellers said,i dont tink u would b having much problem at d port of entry....just make sure all ur docx are intact and make sure u no carry pass $9,500 just like oga Fhemmy said....cumin 2 join u in canny soon by God's grace...Safe trip to calgary sir.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2013
mistur_chris: ChriGo omo sorry jare.i mean 2014 thats next year. im currently serving but i wouldnt wanna waste time after service.MUN seems good though.and thats where my mind is.but im just gathering info because the forms would be out next month and i dont wanna have hitches here and there.and do u know if calgary would accept for grad diploma?
Wat course are u going for?...check uni of calgary's website for list of courses either diploma or degree....b rest assured dat if universities no like u,colleges go still b ur friend......omo bros i fear sha!! I tink say na 2015 u dy talk about.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kamloops: 12:10am On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by misturchris(m): 12:15am On Aug 29, 2013
chriGo LOL....im going for oil and gas engineering. and do u know the colleges i can check.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 12:19am On Aug 29, 2013
Kunsoft:
Abeg how long will it take nipost to deliver doc. I don tire oo today makes it 12working day stil not delivered base on their static tracking system.

Use Canadian post office website to track ur mails. They are always up to date. Forget nipost website. It doesn't work. Normally ur mail should be there in Canada between 12-21 days.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:30am On Aug 29, 2013
mistur_chris: chriGo LOL....im going for oil and gas engineering. and do u know the colleges i can check.
as for the canadian colleges check dis link www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp make dis link ur friend if u aint able to secure d university's admission....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:48am On Aug 29, 2013
kamloops: Hey guys...

i have a few questions...

1. my sister is thinking of deferring her admission to sept of 2014 because she will not be able to meet up with classes and registration. but her visa application is already in progress. pls what should we do. should she just get the visa and travel and stay in canada till next september. or wait in nigeria till its close to classes before she travels.

nb: she applied for 2013 sept initially
1. has she been called for medicals? And is it dat she will not be able to meet up wit classes by self fault or by embassy's fault?......if she's still hoping for medics den she should try d operation storm embassy formular to inquire about her app......are u guys in lag? If so den go to embassy's office tomorrow to inquire....which sch is she heading to?...pls tell her to mail the sch to knw if her start date could be extended.....and also ask d sch to mail cdhc to hasten d visa app up....u will definitely need a little bit of mind game here wen goin to embassy to inquire.....pls send a pm to oga kjbobo....he would sail u tru on how to hit there Heart of d VO's....God will surely see u tru.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 1:57am On Aug 29, 2013
GOSH DIS WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!!!!NO TRV FROM CHDC YET....WISH I HAD MY UCI NO,I 4 STORM THE OFFICE TODAY.IS THERE ANIONE ELSE IN MY SHOES OR AM I ALONE IN THIS RACE? cry cry

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by thatdiva(f): 5:21am On Aug 29, 2013
@kjbobo, ever since i did the medicals on 2nd august and returned my passport, havent heard anything from them, i'm in lagos now and i'm going to cdhc this morning, so wats ur advise for me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 5:34am On Aug 29, 2013
g-rock:
my flight is Tmrw and I wanna change the naira I gt to Canadian dollars, but I can't seems to get canadian dollars. someone now said I shuld change it to US dollars instead, and I need to pay for accomodation from the money immediatly I landed. pls what shuld I do? and where can I get canadian dollar.
sent you a mail Sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by switnpea: 6:02am On Aug 29, 2013
Hey hous,I really need your advice on this.is sort of a setback to me as I have not yet satarted processing for admission and am aiming for fall 2014.the challenge is,I finish my high school in 2006,am 23,the high school I finished from has closed down 3yrs ago.meanwhile in 2010/2011 I had a professional cert (iata a distance learning. 3mth course,and in 2011 I did a course in Amadeus which I also had the prof. Cert from canada)and anow I want to do my UG course in brandon uni.but my challege is how do I fill up those years, and I absolutely don't know how to go about my transcript.also considering my age am I too old for an UG studies?. Pls ogas in the house please help me.am a female by the way.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adim02: 6:14am On Aug 29, 2013
@g-rock long time oh.Well u can change ur cash to dollar at the air-port just beuro-de change office.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dict4alpha: 7:14am On Aug 29, 2013
ChriGo: Dat should be d least of ur worries sir...accordin 2 wat other travellers said,i dont tink u would b having much problem at d port of entry....just make sure all ur docx are intact and make sure u no carry pass $9,500 just like oga Fhemmy said....cumin 2 join u in canny soon by God's grace...Safe trip to calgary sir.....
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dict4alpha: 7:20am On Aug 29, 2013
safe, man. See ya next week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 7:24am On Aug 29, 2013
ChriGo: Oga onye oma how cum ur name no dey our list of winter hopeful na.....abi u wan do 1 man mopo thin?.....i knw say u b baba...lol....

Sowi sir...I know say my cup go soon fill and na you go fish me out...Baddest guy...

University of Ottawa...PG...Chemical Engineering...3rd week of july (though will soon transit to TRV hopeful by His Grace)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 7:26am On Aug 29, 2013
Hello house, can anyone that flew Egypt air to Canada recently please share their experience with the airline I'm about to book my ticket with them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dict4alpha: 7:35am On Aug 29, 2013
oghenet: The Lord has done it guys! Picked up my visa today when I went to enquire at the embassy.
Just another sweet,happy ending.CONGRATS sis. I talk am say u no fit carry last, after u carry first for list on meds day. Thank God for ur success, & really happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:41am On Aug 29, 2013
This people no respond to my email. Now I go come she go con talk say I no suppose travel say why I no email them first. Before I reach house them go do sharply respond to the email. Na wah o. I sha know say God dey. See wetin Nigeria don turn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 7:57am On Aug 29, 2013
Chatters:

Use Canadian post office website to track ur mails. They are always up to date. Forget nipost website. It doesn't work. Normally ur mail should be there in Canada between 12-21 days.

Thanks you so much sis. I track through the canadian post office and it has been delivered.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by freshdude: 8:02am On Aug 29, 2013
Okey 2morrow is gonna make It exactly 3months since I submitted my application. I just finished tracking now, no mail, no response frm CDHC. I sent them a mail and they gave me the generic 4-6 months ish. The part I don't understand is how they will leave may applicants file untouched, and move to june. What do u guyz suggest I do. Send them another mail.? Call them.? Go to lag.? Do they even have number someone can reach them with.? Abeg make una try reason my matter, before I go join jehova sharp sharp church as oga chris bin suggest.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 8:05am On Aug 29, 2013
I was at CDHC yesterday... I filled their form and within 2 hours, I was called over the phone that my medical result has not be gotten by then.

Then I headed straight to Children practice. Lo and behold, those pple said my x-ray result was not uploaded on the e-medical portal due to software error. I weak instantly. The doctors sha said they will ensure its uploaded today or latest tomorrow on the e-medical portal.

Imagine if I I had not gone there, I would jst be checking mails and tracking for nothing... Please guys, follow up your stuff for any itch o, if U are experiencing delay.

Submitted app May 13
Medicals done July 30

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gerald24(m): 8:11am On Aug 29, 2013
Gud am @chrigo. I got ur reply. Tanks again, so ur advice is 4 me 2 check uni's dan college in terms of scholarship. Cos my reason goin 4 d scholarship program its becoz since 2010, i finished my SSCE, n wit nobody 2 4da me more, nd am nt growin any younger u knw. Am nw 19yrs. But am determined 2 4da no mata wot, 2 gv a hopd 2 my family. So bros u'v sin y i always go 4 scholarship program. N if u av any useful link 2 help i will be most great4ll. Tanks again awaitin thy reply and dis my email sud in case, Nnabuihegerald24@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 8:13am On Aug 29, 2013
shayi12: GOSH DIS WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!!!!NO TRV FROM CHDC YET....WISH I HAD MY UCI NO,I 4 STORM THE OFFICE TODAY.IS THERE ANIONE ELSE IN MY SHOES OR AM I ALONE IN THIS RACE? cry cry

Bro de wait no dey funny again o. Since u use an agent u cnt go to cdhc to ma inquiry on ur status except only ur agent. I hv hope dt wi wil gt our trv b4 dis week runsdwn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 8:21am On Aug 29, 2013
deebla: I was at CDHC yesterday... I filled their form and within 2 hours, I was called over the phone that my medical result has not be gotten by then.

Then I headed straight to Children practice. Lo and behold, those pple said my x-ray result was not uploaded on the e-medical portal due to software error. I weak instantly. The doctors sha said they will ensure its uploaded today or latest tomorrow on the e-medical portal.

Imagine if I I had not gone there, I would jst be checking mails and tracking for nothing... Please guys, follow up your stuff for any itch o, if U are experiencing delay.

Submitted app May 13
Medicals done July 30

This children practice hospital r nt serious o....hope they r nt dey one delaying mi too cos since july 26 afta medics nofin yet 4rm cdhc.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 8:28am On Aug 29, 2013
freshdude: Okey 2morrow is gonna make It exactly 3months since I submitted my application. I just finished tracking now, no mail, no response frm CDHC. I sent them a mail and they gave me the generic 4-6 months ish. The part I don't understand is how they will leave may applicants file untouched, and move to june. What do u guyz suggest I do. Send them another mail.? Call them.? Go to lag.? Do they even have number someone can reach them with.? Abeg make una try reason my matter, before I go join jehova sharp sharp church as oga chris bin suggest.

Don't change church yet bro. If you're close to lasgidi storm the embassy or anybody that went to the embassy and received phone call thereafter should drop the number here. #my 2cents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2013
Onye oma:

Sowi sir...I know say my cup go soon fill and na you go fish me out...Baddest guy...

University of Ottawa...PG...Chemical Engineering...3rd week of july (though will soon transit to TRV hopeful by His Grace)

hahaha....thank God say i catch u....u knw say u b prophet so having a prophet on d list would b an added advantage...if devil wan penetrate dat list cum see prophet dia, i swear d devil go find hinding place sharpally....oga huzzie abeg add my oga name ooo...oga onye oma pls provide d exact date of submision.....tanx boss....

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.