Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (588665 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:

Congrats broda! Wish u de best in canny
Thank u. Yours is coming next grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
mistur_chris: Thanks Fhemmmy. 1st of all MUN requires that referees send appraisal letters from only emails with institutional domain name eg abcd@oau.edu.ng now in my school (futo) very few lecturers have such email addresses they use mainly personal emails like yahoo and gmail.how can i get around this. thanks

Bro, i ws also a futoite. All u nid to do is to download the letter of appraisal and print it. Then give ur lecturers(prof or Dr) de hard copy of de forms to manually fill it. Dt ws wad i did in my own case n it work. Finally u hv to mail it thru nipost or dhl using the sch and dept name of d referrees.
Thats ma 1$#
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shalon: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hello Guys,I applied for canadian visiting visa for 6 months with my wife two weeks ago,two days ago my wife was asked to do meedical (pregnancy ) which fortunately it was negative,now I want to know if we will be issue the visa since her medical is good.Please advise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rexxy09: 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
Thanks y'all,
Storming lag 2mrw to pick my passport.God bless u all.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2013
shalon: Hello Guys,I applied for canadian visiting visa for 6 months with my wife two weeks ago,two days ago my wife was asked to do meedical (pregnancy ) which fortunately it was negative,now I want to know if we will be issue the visa since her medical is good.Please advise.
Anything good comes with positive result....d trv na sure banka.....congrats in advance....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:

Bro, i ws also a futoite. All u nid to do is to download the letter of appraisal and print it. Then give ur lecturers(prof or Dr) de hard copy of de forms to manually fill it. Dt ws wad i did in my own case n it work. Finally u hv to mail it thru nipost or dhl using the sch and dept name of d referrees.
Thats ma 1$#
lovely....i knew u would respond....but bros i tot u'r ceo mr cash.....why give out just $1....u fall my hand oo......lol...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 7:18pm On Aug 28, 2013
ChriGo: lovely....i knew u would respond....but bros i tot u'r ceo mr cash.....why give out just $1....u fall my hand oo......lol...

My man, i go giv out more $ wen i don konfirm ma trv...lolz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:

My man, i go giv out more $ wen i don konfirm ma trv...lolz
Tank God ooo....if cdhc talk say make i complete my tuition i now know who to run to....tanx ceo mr cash....ur Trv na sure banka...God will do it.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
that diva: @kjbobo u still neva answer my question oooo
So sorry. .network has been terrible!
Were you given further instructions?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
nas-jay:

bros, 3-4 weeks no be bobo O!remember no 2 case are the same, i was @ CDHC office 2day, within 5mins they called me, the lady indicate they have not receive my medicals result n d delay is not form their end, na i vez go consultant practice ikoyi medicals done August 8, i see the Doctor he cheek the with the centralize data base, he said the result will get to CDHC office 2moro,he explain that the result are be sent to CDHC office form one centralize data base, and some might get to CDHC office Faster than others, but maximum of 3weeks after medicals.
This is interesting. .I will be interested in your story though. ..but this is the first time I will be hearing this!
We learn everyday though. ..But I will advise you to stay on their neck....its unusual!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2013
rexxy09: Hello guys,
Pls I just received this mail from CDHC:
I did medicals 4weeks ago and its stated in the mail that my passport was dispatched on 29th April(the day I applied).I'm a bit worried pls

Dear Applicant,

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 29 Apr 2013 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking numbe
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada

Best Regards,
Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos

Lagos
I noticed that an item that symbolizes congrats is usually handed out to successful applicants on other travel threads..
Make I start something sef...
Congrats rexxy09!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 8:13pm On Aug 28, 2013
efewhoa: Just got my TRV grin Submitted on the 18th of april, got my meds on the 12th of July. Did my meds on the 18th of july in Port Harcourt and got my Trv todaygrin Really happy right now grin
God bless everyone one of you on this forum grin grin
Congrats bros

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by misturchris(m): 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
thanks Ceo cash.my only problem now is that im far from owerri.and i dont know when i would be free to go back there.i was there last week to start processing my transcripts and didnt even see anyone thee because of the strike.and i wanna apply as early as september. this thing is harder than i thought.i wish there was another alternative
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:

Thats ma 1$#
Abeg how long will it take nipost to deliver doc. I don tire oo today makes it 12working day stil not delivered base on their static tracking system.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2013
mistur_chris: thanks Ceo cash.my only problem now is that im far from owerri.and i dont know when i would be free to go back there.i was there last week to start processing my transcripts and didnt even see anyone thee because of the strike.and i wanna apply as early as september. this thing is harder than i thought.i wish there was another alternative
Are u targeting winter 2014 session?...if so hmmm!?...i dont knw how long it takes to process transcript in ur uni but as for my own great uni it takes almost 2months to process transcript...pls put into consideration that after getin ur transcript u will still send ur docx to MUN.....MUN will still take anoda 3 - 4weeks to grant u admission if they have space available for u...my point here is why not apply to any canadian college or at least keyano college(no tuition required) grin to apply for ur visa and while processing MUN Admission underground switch to it wen u get to canny.....am just saying noni.....dis late submission to embassy is becoming much oo and i hope u knw there is no emergency visa..am nt ceo mr cash so dis is my 1kobo..lol......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2013
ChriGo: Hmmm!! Oga mi i no sabi anytin oo....i even tink say my ogas siga,gboyegaD,Fhemmy,SirP,Solomonwis,Iwinosajack, Kenniy, 2-chains go don respond to ur question....buh anyway i go answer u based on what they said abt dis in dia previous post.....They said if u'r having $10000 or more with u..u do not have to declare it cuz of money laundry palava....just declare any amount bellow $10k to them so that yawa no go dey......pls note dat dis is not frm my own experience but based on my ogas experience.....tanx.....

If u carry $10,000 & above and u nor declare & u are caught, na big wahala b dat ooh! My advise b say if u must carry big cash wit u, let it b around $9,500(u can always transfer d remaining cash from niaja wen u get to canny). Keep like $500 in ur pocket & keep d remaining $9000 in a safe place in ur carry- on( your carry-on bag should always b with u).

If u must carry $10,000 & above, declare it! You will b given a slip on d flight to canny on which u ought to declare cash in excess of $10,000.
Best of luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
iwinosajack :

If u carry $10,000 & above and u nor declare & u are caught, na big wahala b dat ooh! My advise b say if u must carry big cash wit u, let it b around $9,500(u can always transfer d remaining cash from niaja wen u get to canny). Keep like $500 in ur pocket & keep d remaining $9000 in a safe place in ur carry- on( your carry-on bag should always b with u).

If u must carry $10,000 & above, declare it! You will b given a slip on d flight to canny on which u ought to declare cash in excess of $10,000.
Best of luck

Why would you wanna come into the country too with so much cash on you . . . life has changed in good ways that you could put them on your card . . . My Advice to avoid delays - Stay within 10K $$

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
Kunsoft:
Abeg how long will it take nipost to deliver doc. I don tire oo today makes it 12working day stil not delivered base on their static tracking system.

Normally due to dia inefficient system (Nipost) n delays 4rm canadian customs, it tks 2weeks n som dayz. But maximum 3weeks n few dayz

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Why would you wanna come into the country too with so much cash on you . . . life has changed in good ways that you could put them on your card . . . My Advice to avoid delays - Stay within 10K $$

Well said sir fhemmmy . My rgds
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
iwinosajack :

Well said sir fhemmmy . My rgds

Na you biko, Sir . . I remain humble and loyal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
iwinosajack :

Best of luck
Oh nice 1 oga iwinosajack....i dig ur info....but it would be preferable to stay within $10k just like my papa Fhemmy said....i guess d oga wey need dis info go don see am.....tanx and God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Na you biko, Sir . . I remain humble and loyal

I am most loyal sir. God bless you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2013
efewhoa: Just got my TRV grin Submitted on the 18th of april, got my meds on the 12th of July. Did my meds on the 18th of july in Port Harcourt and got my Trv todaygrin Really happy right now grin
God bless everyone one of you on this forum grin grin
congrats

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2013
rexxy09: I just received this too:

Visa application,
– Your processed passport is ready for collection Lagos, on 28/08/2013 at the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website
congrats bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
CONGRATS AND SAFE TRIP TO ALL TRAVELLING THIS WEEKEND/NEXT WEEK...

WE'll JOIN YOU GUYS IN THE NEXT 4 MONTHS BY GOD'S SPECIAL GRACE...

ALL WINTER APPLICANTS AWAITING THEIR MEDICAL INVITES SHOULD KEY INTO THIS FAITH AND PROCLAMATION BY CLICKING LIKE...grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dict4alpha: 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2013
I'm flying this weekend: Lagos - Amsterdam - Montreal - Calgary. Could someone please help with what to expect from Immigration, in terms of the likely questions they would ask @ the Canny port of entry? Will be really appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
Onye oma: CONGRATS AND SAFE TRIP TO ALL TRAVELLING THIS WEEKEND/NEXT WEEK...

ALL WINTER APPLICANTS AWAITING THEIR MEDICAL INVITES SHOULD TAP FROM THIS FAITH AND PROCLAMATION BY CLICKING LIKE...grin grin grin
1000 Likes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:07pm On Aug 28, 2013
mistur_chris: Thanks Fhemmmy. 1st of all MUN requires that referees send appraisal letters from only emails with institutional domain name eg abcd@oau.edu.ng now in my school (futo) very few lecturers have such email addresses they use mainly personal emails like yahoo and gmail.how can i get around this. thanks

I applied to mun. Don't mind them. your referees can use yahoo, gmail etc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
Onye oma: CONGRATS AND SAFE TRIP TO ALL TRAVELLING THIS WEEKEND/NEXT WEEK...

ALL WINTER APPLICANTS AWAITING THEIR MEDICAL INVITES SHOULD TAP FROM THIS FAITH AND PROCLAMATION BY CLICKING LIKE...grin grin grin
Oga onye oma how cum ur name no dey our list of winter hopeful na.....abi u wan do 1 man mopo thin?.....i knw say u b baba...lol....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by misturchris(m): 10:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
Thanks chrigo.Im targeting fall 2015 but i want to start as early as possible.because i know it gets tighter and harder with time.my major issue is just that appraisal letter.my school takes less than a month to get the transcripts ready with their new system.and what other schools do you know that would consider 2.2?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by misturchris(m): 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2013
wow.....have you gotten a reply from them yet? because the way they stressed that issue on their website they fear me

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.