Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (588907 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2013

@2chainz n @online route peeps, abeg whr u attach the sponsor affidavit by "notarized public" o. Cz its meant to b under seal. #URGENT, #ONLINE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
dommakavelli:

I've gotten my letter. sent 12AM today
Congrats bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rilly2000: 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
good evening to all nairalanders

1). I submitted my application at the vfs office in ikeja on 7th July, but, i was told not to add the return courier envelope when submitting.. but that one aside...........
the koko na say, since that July 7th, i haven't heard anything from them...
hope i'm still good or something is wrong

2). the resumption date stated on the admission letter i submitted is 5th of September, but they wrote it boldly there that IF YOU CANT MEET UP THE SEPTEMBER RESUMPTION, CONSIDER THIS LETTER AS YOUR OFFICIAL ADMISSION LETTER FOR JANUARY RESUMPTION ALSO. So, i called the school sometimes last week to help me defer my admission till January, and they've replied with a deferment letter.
so guys, will i have to go to Lagos to show them this letter or i'm still good

2). all University of Saskatchewan students in the house.... i applied for the school residence space on 12 June, and since then, whenever i check my residence portal, i do see 'application pending' on the application tab... and since then, i haven't heard anything from them
so, i checked the application sometimes last week to check for any changes...., unfortunately, i didn't see the 'application pending' again....
so guys, is it that i will have to make a new application or my previous application is still pending

A quick response to this 3 questions will be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ahmedonia4real(m): 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
[quote author=papa km][/quote]
Application submitted 19th of August 2013 UG seneca college.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gwobo(m): 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
We'll continue to celebrate. No setbacks.
Still waiting for offer later for winter with an option to defer till May.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldjnr: 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
dommakavelli:

when did you receive this email? Them go approve his visa soonest, latest next week.
@ dommakavelli, oga na today arnd 3:22pm dem nack d mail o... Hope dey won't call am for interview or tell am say make him go pay him tuition fee bcx him suppose don resume since on Monday. Wetin u think oga mi?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by edunwanegbo: 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
I went to cdhc on tuesday to check for my application status. After filling a form then someone from cdhc office called and told me that they are working on those who submitted their application on 23rd May 2013 but my was on 27th. Pls pals how truthful is this? I need ur advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
edunwanegbo: I went to cdhc on tuesday to check for my application status. After filling a form then someone from cdhc office called and told me that they are working on those who submitted their application on 23rd May 2013 but my was on 27th. Pls pals how truthful is this? I need ur advice.
....Hmmm serously only the VO can tell u how true dis is cuz sum1 dat submitted june 14 got medics.....how do we xplain that?...and a boss also told me sum1 dat submited july was called 4 medics.....dat may 23,24 na bobolization.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
dommakavelli:

I've gotten my letter. sent 12AM today

Also gotten mine...thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
congrats
hayek: Folks, after a short day and long night, long story cut short

Application submitted May 2nd, 2013
Medical done June 22, 2013
Submit additional documents August 1,2013
TRV issued September 05, 2013 ( asked to submit my passport)
School Resume September 4th but have till Sept. 18 to show up.

Thanks folks for your advice on this forum. it has been wondeful. No body has monopoly of knowledge and have learnt and gaind from this forum. This is to let guys know that the strike by Visa officers around the world is having its toll on visa processing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
Shadams:

Thanks Dom. True words, Oga Fhemmmy. Enjoy ur gala. @Shayi, how far? I sent cdhc a mail, asking about the intro letter this morning. They sent it about two hours later. U have yours now?

Hey shadams,have goteen my letter already.twas also sent via email.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
.......Seriously i have been pondering over this.....i would like to ask if someone with cronic Ibadan tribal mark don get TRV for this forum before.......cuz i hear say d VO's are always scared when they see this on passport photograph and could lead to straight denial...I just want to clear my doubt on this.....i dey fear dis tribal mark tin ooo.....any sept applicant with tribal mark and has gotten TRV should please signify.....some peeps needs hope on this.....Tanx and God bless.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
ChriGo: .......Seriously i have been pondering over this.....i would like to ask if someone with cronic Ibandan tribal mark don get TRV for this forum before.......cuz i hear say d VO's are always scared when they see this on passport photograph and could lead to straight denial...I just want to clear my doubt on this.....i dey fear dis tribal mark tin ooo.....any sept applicant with tribal mark and has gotten TRV should please signify.....some peeps needs hope on this.....Tanx and God bless.....

Lwkm oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
greatheights: @2chainz n @online route peeps, abeg whr u attach the sponsor affidavit by "notarized public" o. Cz its meant to b under seal. #URGENT, #ONLINE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
ChriGo: .......Seriously i have been pondering over this.....i would like to ask if someone with cronic Ibandan tribal mark don get TRV for this forum before.......cuz i hear say d VO's are always scared when they see this on passport photograph and could lead to straight denial...I just want to clear my doubt on this.....i dey fear dis tribal mark tin ooo.....any sept applicant with tribal mark and has gotten TRV should please signify.....some peeps needs hope on this.....Tanx and God bless.....
...which people be Ibandan undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hello. ChriGo, sup? Have you gotten your TRV yet?

I finally decided to go for MBET at Waterloo and I was told it's a year program and $33,000 for the duration (2014/2015). My cousin said the school is okay but a 2 year program is better.

I've got another option that correlates with the 2 year program (Concordia University): Msc Marketing/Management but it's in Quebec. From what I've read, French is the lingua franca in Quebec. I love French and I can write a little, but I don't know how effective I'll be in communicating if I decide to learn French from now till August 2014.

So, please, should I go for the MBET course at Waterloo or learn French and apply to Concordia? Also, is it possible to run two msc program (one after the other) if I eventually apply to Waterloo?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
Siga: ...which people be Ibandan undecided
...Modified...fast type no gud atimes...na ibadan chairman grin....u b ogun so i assume u no get tribal mark...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Gold_jnr: @ dommakavelli, oga na today arnd 3:22pm dem nack d mail o... Hope dey won't call am for interview or tell am say make him go pay him tuition fee bcx him suppose don resume since on Monday. Wetin u think oga mi?

lol, I dey feel you bro.. when I got that kinda message, omo I go dust my books sharp sharp. But don't worry...You're good. Nothing do you.
expect his TRV next week In sha Allah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
dommakavelli:

lol, I dey feel you bro.. when I got that kinda message, omo I go dust my books sharp sharp. But don't worry...You're good. Nothing do you.
expect his TRV next week In sha Allah

congrats on your TRV bro.... im really happy for U
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:
Hello. ChriGo, sup? Have you gotten your TRV yet?

I finally decided to go for MBET at Waterloo and I was told it's a year program and $33,000 for the duration (2014/2015). My cousin said the school is okay but a 2 year program is better.

I've got another option that correlates with the 2 year program (Concordia University): Msc Marketing/Management but it's in Quebec. From what I've read, French is the lingua franca in Quebec. I love French and I can write a little, but I don't know how effective I'll be in communicating if I decide to learn French from now till August 2014.

So, please, should I go for the MBET course at Waterloo or learn French and apply to Concordia? Also, is it possible to run two msc program (one after the other) if I eventually apply to Waterloo?
Bro...concordia language of teaching is English....so u can go with it...buh d waterloo 1yr masters program is also good...canada gives preference to those going for masters course than those going for a postgraduate diploma course...in terms of work permit and Permanent resident...so i would rather prefer the waterloo to concordia......bro still hopeful on my trv oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by edunwanegbo: 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
shayi12:

Also gotten mine...thanks

@shayi: when did u apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
ChriGo: ...Modified...fast type no gud atimes...na ibadan chairman grin....u b ogun so i assume u no get tribal mark...

bro, Abeg I need your help. I've sent you a PM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
ChriGo: ...Modified...fast type no gud atimes...na ibadan chairman grin....u b ogun so i assume u no get tribal mark...
....Well then u mean Oyo ....not Ibadan....Tribal marks no mean anything when it comes to visa....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
...I dey sight enough TRV holders .... good one guys....within a week ...una don turn observers....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
@rilley2000 its not really easy typing that much words without getting any reply...was thinking my ogas wit all ur questions at once go don respond to u...cant answer all ur qestion cuz sum ar very specific buh would answer the general one's u asked.....1. Since u submited tru Vfs u do not have problem with the return envelop...vfs global is a courier authorised by cdhc to send and recieve visa applicantions..so either u use return envelop or not u would still get ur package sent to vfs should d need be, u'r nt wrong on this.......2. For the differer, its wat sum peeps go tru so u'r not the 1st to experience it...u can go to embassy and update ur docx with the new admision letter.....3. Dats specific to uni of sask applicant so dont av an idea to dat questn buh u can contact shadams...he will put u tru...just send him a pm..u should be able to find his post on the page b4 dis....hope dis helps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Siga: ....Well then u mean Oyo ....not Ibadan....Tribal marks no mean anything when it comes to visa....
.....chairman siga wen it cums to tribal marks ibadan are always given credit for it....anyways tanx 4 ur reply sir....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 11:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
@Sir siga, Which of these banks would you advice me to open an account with TD canada trust or Canadian Imperial Bank of commerce. They are the two closest banks to my uni.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
efewhoa: @Sir siga, Which of these banks would you advice me to open an account with TD canada trust or Canadian Imperial Bank of commerce. They are the two closest banks to my uni.
....They both are good banks with International Student plans .... If u dont mind... ask both banks what they have to offer an International student.... the monthly charges if any and compare.... but I go advise CIBC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
ChriGo: ...I think he isn't wrong by asking if he's to hold USD or CAD....anyways @frederal na USD...u can do bureau d change to CAD at d airport....if u still aint clear then go with Naira to be on an unsafe side grin.....

He was over stressing the issue. He's been advised not to take more than 10k and he is asking which of them? Wetin dem dey spend for Canada? Isn't that the country he is coming? Besides, life has been made so easy with the option of the naira mastercard which means you can spend your naira from anywhere so why the worries. Anyways, it wasn't meant to embarrass him.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
dommakavelli:

bro, Abeg I need your help. I've sent you a PM
...Replied ur pm sir...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
greatheights: @Humanshado hw far?

@oga siga n @oga 2-chainz do I nid to print and sign the Fam info and the schedule1 form manuali when applying online cz its only d study permit form that gv a prompt that I shd print out #ONLINE ROUTE#

@Humanshado hw far?

Just fill the forms. You don't have to print anything.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:06am On Sep 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

He was over stressing the issue. He's been advised not to take more than 10k and he is asking which of them? Wetin dem dey spend for Canada? Isn't that the country he is coming? Besides, life has been made so easy with the option of the naira mastercard which means you can spend your naira from anywhere so why the worries. Anyways, it wasn't meant to embarrass him.
......I know u never meant to embarass him...all i felt was his question wasnt based of the amount but the currency....i was once confused too if one is to change naira to canadian dollars but learnt on this forum that its US dollars......i av really learnt and gathered so much experience type info on this forum from u and sum oda great peeps....tanx....

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.