Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,262 members, 7,829,524 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (588896 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:25am On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: ......I know u never meant to embarass him...all i felt was his question wasnt based of the amount but the currency....i was once confused too if one is to change naira to canadian dollars but learnt on this forum that its US dollars......i av really learnt and gathered so much experience type info on this forum from u and sum oda great peeps....tanx....

Oga, go and sleep abi you sef don turn VO ni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 2:06am On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: ....They both are good banks with International Student plans .... If u dont mind... ask both banks what they have to offer an International student.... the monthly charges if any and compare.... but I go advise CIBC
Thanks cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 4:34am On Sep 06, 2013

@2chainz n @online route peeps, abeg whr u attach the sponsor affidavit by "notarized public" o. Cz its meant to b under seal. #URGENT, #ONLINE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 4:48am On Sep 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

Oga, go and sleep abi you sef don turn VO ni
grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:19am On Sep 06, 2013
deebla:

congrats on your TRV bro.... im really happy for U

Thanks bro. I really appreciate your support. Yours is on the way by God's grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 5:19am On Sep 06, 2013
Please, ensure you have all documents ready, then scan & upload as a single pdf document. You cannot send in any other document either by email, post or other means after you might have submitted online.
Abellybaba: Pls how does online application works, i need to scan all documents to them, do i need to send any other document by mail? i thought they always request for hard copy of the letter of acceptance? pls enlighten me big brothers. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:39am On Sep 06, 2013
Hello Family,
Please I need a college for Public relations or any law related courses with may start date for my sister.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Burningflamz: 5:43am On Sep 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I am Galally happy oh

If no be gala, e nor fit be like gala.
Bros, abeg wetin u use dey step am down? Na La casera dey reing now o.

I go try bring the combo for u make u get the complete experience.no worry, e go fresh die as na Toronto i dey fall in.

I hail , my chairman.

@ SIGA, i nor forget u ooo.ur head they there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 5:45am On Sep 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

He was over stressing the issue. He's been advised not to take more than 10k and he is asking which of them? Wetin dem dey spend for Canada? Isn't that the country he is coming? Besides, life has been made so easy with the option of the naira mastercard which means you can spend your naira from anywhere so why the worries. Anyways, it wasn't meant to embarrass him.

I don't call spending naira in Canada via naira mastercard easy life o, cos of the interest capitalisation and exchange rate charges.
I wasn't embarrassed at all...I even got the point from it.
Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:50am On Sep 06, 2013
Burningflamz:

I go try bring the combo for u make u get the complete experience.no worry, e go fresh die as na Toronto i dey fall in.

I hail , my chairman.

bros, call me jor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 1stcindy: 7:01am On Sep 06, 2013
Please who has ever tried sending an email to CDHC since thursday. Since yesterday, if my friend try sending email to CDHC the email wouldnt go through and the reason given is "Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Error: Rejected [BODY]"
Looks like CDHC has blocked their email address
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: Bro...concordia language of teaching is English....so u can go with it...buh d waterloo 1yr masters program is also good...canada gives preference to those going for masters course than those going for a postgraduate diploma course...in terms of work permit and Permanent resident...so i would rather prefer the waterloo to concordia......bro still hopeful on my trv oo

Wow, so CDHC never answer you? God will do it. smiley

Yes, I saw that on the website. My problem is: how do I relate with the folks out there (they speak English but they are more at ease with French speaking foreigners)?

The Concordia course is an Msc, too. I'm just trying to weigh something: what's the advantage of an Msc of 2 years over that of a year?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:33am On Sep 06, 2013
1stcindy: Please who has ever tried sending an email to CDHC since thursday. Since yesterday, if my friend try sending email to CDHC the email wouldnt go through and the reason given is "Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Error: Rejected [BODY]"
Looks like CDHC has blocked their email address
......It means a rejection from domain Smtp(cdhc)....dey have blacklisted ur email adress due to spam coming from ur email...in other words they have filtered ur friends email and put am inside there blacklist database....Nna 1stcindy the message wey una dey send cdhc too much ooo.....Thank God its the email dey blacklisted not the application.....at this juncture make una just get patient ooo....Thank God say una 1st lady name patient jonathan....Anybody in the house sending too much emails to cdhc be warned oo...dis is what u will get wen they get sick of ur emails.....Tanx.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:59am On Sep 06, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

Wow, so CDHC never answer you? God will do it. smiley

Yes, I saw that on the website. My problem is: how do I relate with the folks out there (they speak English but they are more at ease with French speaking foreigners)?

The Concordia course is an Msc, too. I'm just trying to weigh something: what's the advantage of an Msc of 2 years over that of a year?
...I say amen to that my brother.....the difference between the 1yr and 2yrs is simply the issuance of work permit....with 1yr course u only get to have an 1yr work permit but wit 2yrs course u get 3yrs work permit....but like i said wit a masters degree ur PR cums faster.....like in ontario province with a masters degree u do not need to have a job offer before dem nominate u for provincial nominee program.....u can just apply straight up and get ur Permanent resident permit....i dont know about the package in the province u'r heading to but like i said earlier canada gives preference to individuals with masters/Phd degree....you can go for the 1yr course...but bros are they not going to give u funding ? .....do some little research about the province u'r going to if it favours u or not......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:33am On Sep 06, 2013
@smiles13 did u use the online route too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:35am On Sep 06, 2013
smile13: Please, ensure you have all documents ready, then scan & upload as a single pdf document. You cannot send in any other document either by email, post or other means after you might have submitted online.

@smiles13 did u use the online route too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 8:42am On Sep 06, 2013
dommakavelli:
Thank you so much bro. I really appreciate your supports. May the Lord continue to bless you. see you soon in canny wink

Amen. Wish u d same bro. Make hast to land canny, once sch resume classes get full fast & catching up isn't easy! Wish u a safe trip
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 9:05am On Sep 06, 2013
efewhoa: @Sir siga, Which of these banks would you advice me to open an account with TD canada trust or Canadian Imperial Bank of commerce. They are the two closest banks to my uni.

I think CIBC is better. TD will charge u if u do more than 25 transactions within a month (cash withdrawal & POS payment). But nothing wrong if u visit d two to check which is better for u as prof SIGA said
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:41am On Sep 06, 2013
iwinosajack :

Amen. Wish u d same bro. Make hast to land canny, once sch resume classes get full fast & catching up isn't easy! Wish u a safe trip

Thanks bro.
What do you think about using my GTB card over there. is the exchange rate ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 10:00am On Sep 06, 2013
dommakavelli:

Thanks bro.
What do you think about using my GTB card over there. is the exchange rate ok

I don't really know hw it works. D only time I tried it, GTB deducted #5000 from my a/c wen I bought goods worth $35 CAD here (POS). But if u withdraw cash frm ATM here wit ur GTB MasterCard , na anoda story ooh!, GTB go charge u #1000 extra back home why dey wil charge u $2 extra here. I think ogas dem SIGA & fhemmmy et al are in a better position to advise u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:00am On Sep 06, 2013
dommakavelli: Hello Family,
Please I need a college for Public relations or any law related courses with may start date for my sister.
Bros...humber college offers a course in public relations and its a post graduate diploma but the problem be say na just two semesters which is 1yr......but dis 1yr courses dey get repacaution wen it cums to work permit issuance.....please check this link m.humber.ca/program/public-relations-postgraduate ...this is another link for cenntinal college www.centennialcollege.ca/Programs/ProgramOverview.aspx?Program=6417 but dis one too na 1yr duration....but the best bet is to go for a 2yrs course to avoid work permit yawa!!....but the way out is if ur sister take up the 1yr course after completion she should not apply for work permit yet but take up another 6months or 8months course...by doing that she has breach d gap of 1yr and wen she applies for a work permit she would be given a 3yrs work permit gbam!!....please note that work permit can only be issued once oo...if after that 1yr course ur sister go apply for work permit and dem give her penre!! Den na going gone for postgraduate work permit for life be dat oo...so dats why peeps kuku go for two years course straight up to get 3yrs pgwp just like ur boy chriGo is doinggrin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:17am On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: Bros...humber college offers a cource in public relations and its a post graduate diploma but the problem be say na just two semesters which is 1yr......but dis 1yr courses dey get repacaution wen it cums to work permit issuance.....please check this link m.humber.ca/program/public-relations-postgraduate ...this is another link for cenntinal college www.centennialcollege.ca/Programs/ProgramOverview.aspx?Program=6417 but dis one too na 1yr duration....but the best bet is to go for a 2yrs course to avoid work permit yawa!!....but the way out is if ur sister take up the 1yr course after completion she should not apply for work permit yet but take up another 6months or 8months course...by doing that she has breach d gap of 1yr and wen she applies for a work permit she would be given a 3yrs work permit gbam!!....please note that work permit can only be issued once oo...if after that 1yr course ur sister go apply for work permit and dem give her penre!! Den na going gone for postgraduate work permit for life be dat oo...so dats why peeps kuku go for two years course straight up to get 3yrs pgwp just like ur boy chriGo is doinggrin.....

what about the work permit wey dem dey give students after 6 months in school. hope he no go affect am.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 10:19am On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: Mehn!! I tot Cdhc said they are working on may 23 /24 application...cdhc bobolization..na wa oo...onye oma,Huzzie dey are almost close to u ogas oo....Good news cooking...
Sure, from the look of things they would want to attend to those fall applicants that are yet to get medical call first before starting with winter applicants...
thewayz: Thank you so much my brother and believe I was not segregating by asking for help from those who have their TRV already but anyways its all good and I guess I understand better now. I dont plan to go the school way. I work and my company can sponsor me so I just want to go with a holiday/tourist visa. How best can I do this? Thank you....

check www.cic.gc.ca for better understanding, any further questions will be attended to by the bosses in the house

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:39am On Sep 06, 2013
dommakavelli:

what about the work permit wey dem dey give students after 6 months in school. hope he no go affect am.
....Nooo e no go affect....she go don do 1yr course + additional 6months or 8months course and few months coop....making total of 2yrs....with this her 3yrs postgrad work permit na sure banka.....my own course na 3semester(1yr 2months) + additional 4-8months coop which sum up to 2yrs....with this my 3yrs work permit sure pass naija NEPA light grin......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:53am On Sep 06, 2013
....@dommakaveli...just understood ur question now....the one u'r talking about is coop work permit....dat one dey different from postgraduate work permit...if the course she wan go do offers coop then lucky her the only tin u need tell her is to send my own cut from the $$$$ she makes during her coop termgrin.....tanx.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2013
dommakavelli:

check this link sir http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
@Chrigo...my prog last for 4semester(1yr 4months), what do you think about that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:05am On Sep 06, 2013
Huzzie:
check this link sir http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
@Chrigo...my prog last for 4semester(1yr 4months), what do you think about that?
My own program is also 4semesters ...but actually 3 semesters...the 4th semester na coop term which last for 4-8months....i would make enuff $$$$ by then to be able to buy Nairaland...i hear say baba seun wan sell am...just kidding grin.....does ur course offers coop?.....If its stated by ur public instituition dat ur course na 2yrs course then u got no yawa!!....even if na 6months course and ur sch write am say na 2yrs den ur 3yrs Work permit sure pass goodluck jonathan wining the 2015 election...lol.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: ...I say amen to that my brother.....1) the difference between the 1yr and 2yrs is simply the issuance of work permit....with 1yr course u only get to have an 1yr work permit but wit 2yrs course u get 3yrs work permit....2) but like i said wit a masters degree ur PR cums faster.....3)like in ontario province with a masters degree u do not need to have a job offer before dem nominate u for provincial nominee program.....u can just apply straight up and get ur Permanent resident permit....i dont know about the package in the province u'r heading to but like i said earlier canada gives preference to individuals with masters/Phd degree....you can go for the 1yr course...4) but bros are they not going to give u funding ? .....do some little research about the province u'r going to if it favours u or not......

[b]Amen, bro. Did you defer your admission to Winter?

1) From what I've read from you and others, 3 years work permit is advisable if someone wants to get PR, right? If so, then the 1 year Msc isn't advisable, except if I finish the first, I'll go for another Msc in another province. This is what I'd like to do if I don't get to see a 2 year Msc that appeals to me.

So, is it possible to run another Msc in another province after the first Msc and would it count as 2 years Msc in order to guarantee 3 years work permit? (I want to experience 2 provinces, culture, et al. before I settle down to work).

2) I understand that. grin

3) Do you mean that in Ontario, after any Msc, be it 1 year or 2 years, an international student will be given a PR or do you still need the work permit?

Concordia is in Quebec; Waterloo is in Ontario. I prefer Vancouver but their business courses are mostly MBA (I need work experience of 3-5 years; I have hustle experience of 4 years but I don't know if that would count because the street gave me no certificate). Those that aren't MBA can't fit into what I have passion for.

4) If by funding, you mean scholarship, in Concordia, they give funding between $3,000 - $10,000 (for those with 2'1 and above).

Thanks for your response so far.[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 11:38am On Sep 06, 2013
iwinosajack :

I think CIBC is better. TD will charge u if u do more than 25 transactions within a month (cash withdrawal & POS payment). But nothing wrong if u visit d two to check which is better for u as prof SIGA said
Thanks. Sent you a pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:47am On Sep 06, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

[b]Amen, bro. Did you defer your admission to Winter?

1) From what I've read from you and others, 3 years work permit is advisable if someone wants to get PR, right? If so, then the 1 year Msc isn't advisable, except if I finish the first, I'll go for another Msc in another province. This is what I'd like to do if I don't get to see a 2 year Msc that appeals to me.

So, is it possible to run another Msc in another province after the first Msc and would it count as 2 years Msc in order to guarantee 3 years work permit? (I want to experience 2 provinces, culture, et al. before I settle down to work).

2) I understand that. grin

3) Do you mean that in Ontario, after any Msc, be it 1 year or 2 years, an international student will be given a PR or do you still need the work permit?

Concordia is in Quebec; Waterloo is in Ontario. I prefer Vancouver but their business courses are mostly MBA (I need work experience of 3-5 years; I have hustle experience of 4 years but I don't know if that would count because the street gave me no certificate). Those that aren't MBA can't fit into what I have passion for.

4) If by funding, you mean scholarship, in Concordia, they give funding between $3,000 - $10,000 (for those with 2'1 and above).

Thanks for your response so far.[/b]
...Bro college parol dey different from masters parol oo....if u do masters for ontario be it 1yr or 2yrs u can apply for ur PR wether u get job offer or not....but for a college scavenger like me..yes just me!!....i gas get a job offer before dem go even consider me for PR but my 3yrs work permit na my right..lol.....dats why i said there is preference....if we both enta canny i go dey loyal to u ni cuz ur level pass my own.....lol....bro i tank God say im bless ur hustle...We go jam for canny no yawa!!.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
Burningflamz:

I hail , my chairman.

...U dey sure so ?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
iwinosajack :

I don't really know hw it works. D only time I tried it, GTB deducted #5000 from my a/c wen I bought goods worth $35 CAD here (POS). But if u withdraw cash frm ATM here wit ur GTB MasterCard , na anoda story ooh!, GTB go charge u #1000 extra back home why dey wil charge u $2 extra here. I think ogas dem SIGA & fhemmmy et al are in a better position to advise u
.... u got it right bro... I know GTB said N1000 for dem site as someone told me....but one of my guy wey dey use am say na only N420 dem charge am and he said he is ok with the exchange rate...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.