Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586634 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Tobst: 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
@chrigo my resumption date is till a bit far,Jan 2014 (I.T) Program, @ Godrock just to no wats up anyway
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by khemthar: 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: .... u got it right bro... I know GTB said N1000 for dem site as someone told me....but one of my guy wey dey use am say na only N420 dem charge am and he said he is ok with the exchange rate...

Yes, confirmed, GTB charges only N420 naira when you make cash withdrawals abroad with your Naira Debit Mastercard. I think it's a better option for getting funds abroad because the exchange rates the bank charges is always way cheaper than the open market (i.e. mallams and the bureaux de change).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: ...Bro college parol dey different from masters parol oo....if u do masters for ontario be it 1yr or 2yrs u can apply for ur PR wether u get job offer or not....but for a college scavenger like me..yes just me!!....i gas get a job offer before dem go even consider me for PR but my 3yrs work permit na my right..lol.....dats why i said there is preference....if we both enta canny i go dey loyal to u ni cuz ur level pass my own.....lol....bro i tank God say im bless ur hustle...We go jam for canny no yawa!!.....

Okay, I get you now. I've to read up this PR thing. Make I use my Google search engine. smiley

Thanks. Lol, u funny. Nothing like ur level pass my own.

Amen, we'll meet.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
Tobst: @chrigo my resumption date is till a bit far,Jan 2014 (I.T) Program, @ Godrock just to no wats up anyway
.....Tar!!! Bros its still far na....me sef submited july 30 and na also IT program i dey go for....pls wats d sch name?...and shey na diploma or degree?....bros take a chill pill by reading this thread from part 1 to 4....fry ya eyes a bit.....grin.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by khemthar: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
@Jekyll & Hyde

I suggest you take the course at Concordia. It should be cheaper than the MBET at Waterloo and is two years in duration. Going for two different MSc programs back to back is kinda odd to me.

Besides, Concordia is an English speaking university. So it means all your classes/ coursework will be in English. No need to be proficient in French. Montreal itself is a French city; but research will show you that many of the residents are bilingual. I hear its pretty easy to find your way around the city even if your French is only passable. But I also hear its difficult to get ANY kind of job if you are not fluent in French.

I see you are a tourist/ adventurer o; you want to experience two different cultures and all that. Go to school first nah. lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)
1. Olabo_key JUNE 21 Paper route
2. Tobst JULY 12 Paper route
3. Huzzie JULY 16 Paper route
4. Onye oma JULY 17 Paper route
5. Rolatims JULY 28 Paper route
6. Chrigo JULY 30 Paper route
7. Papa km JULY 31 Paper route
8. Adim02 AUGUST 19 Paper route
9. Ahmedonia4real AUGUST 19 Paper route
10. Tolyem AUGUST 23 Paper route
11. Humanshado AUGUST 31 Online route
12. Clow SEPTEMBER 3 Paper route

N.B- If you have gotten your admission for winter and have applied for TRV. Please provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by AmbassadorT: 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hello hopeful Canadian nairalanders,
I have been a silent follower, actually a guest till now. Your sharing and exchanges have been very useful. God bless you for your help.
My brother had been awaiting his TRV, and following the comments of the last 72 hours, I advised him to go to CDHC today and trust God.
Loro kan, he went and his visa was issued! Halleluyah infinite for my baba oh.
His school extension was till the 9th of September latest and we had not heard from the VFS.
He submitted around mid-July and did his medicals towards the end of August, so this is a real miracle.
Please if you have done medicals and need to travel soon, abeg pack your kaya go Sidon with them for CDHC.
I wish you all the best! And please make Naija proud
Mwah kiss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
AmbassadorT: Hello hopeful Canadian nairalanders,
I have been a silent follower, actually a guest till now. Your sharing and exchanges have been very useful. God bless you for your help.
My brother had been awaiting his TRV, and following the comments of the last 72 hours, I advised him to go to CDHC today and trust God.
His school extension was till the 9th of September latest and we had not heard from the VFS.
He submitted around mid-July and did his medicals towards the end of August, so this is a real miracle.
Please if you have done medicals and need to travel soon, abeg pack your kaya go Sidon with them for CDHC.
Mwah kiss

Whoa! Just like that?

Congrats to your bro. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mwah kiss
....Ok....wey the Gala and Shepe....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
khemthar: @Jekyll & Hyde

I suggest you take the course at Concordia. It should be cheaper than the MBET at Waterloo and is two years in duration. Going for two different MSc programs back to back is kinda odd to me.

Besides, Concordia is an English speaking university. So it means all your classes/ coursework will be in English. No need to be proficient in French. Montreal itself is a French city; but research will show you that many of the residents are bilingual. I hear its pretty easy to find your way around the city even if your French is only passable. But I also hear its difficult to get ANY kind of job if you are not fluent in French.

I see you are a tourist/ adventurer o; you want to experience two different cultures and all that. Go to school first nah. lol.

Thanks, Khemthar.

Yes, it's cheaper than the MBET degree @ Waterloo. I get what you mean by going for dual Msc back to back; perhaps I'm crazy thinking about that.

Alright then. I'll look through the application procedures and tuition fee for both (still on the look-out for more provinces, too) and make a choice. Then, depending on the choice made, I might take classes @ Alliance Francaise for 6-8 months.

Hahaha. No be school I dey go for the past 20 years? I have to add something to this to get more experience grin

What uni?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mwah kiss
....Ahhhhhh which kind magic application be dis for God sake?.....mid july and got medics august......dis is just God,God,God at work mehn!!.....dat was a fast one bro.....bro abeg no try dis tin wey u try again ooo grin.....Visa processing takes 4-6months so dis ya own don break d rules....if God is involved in an application den f*ck rules jare.....i dy summa sort 4 ya bro now...lol....congrats.....I tap from ur bro's blessing....God is indeed the greatest.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

Thanks, Khemthar.

Yes, it's cheaper than the MBET degree @ Waterloo. I get what you mean by going for dual Msc back to back; perhaps I'm crazy thinking about that.

Alright then. I'll look through the application procedures and tuition fee for both (still on the look-out for more provinces, too) and make a choice. Then, depending on the choice made, I might take classes @ Alliance Francaise for 6-8 months.

Hahaha. No be school I dey go for the past 20 years? I have to add something to this to get more experience grin

What uni?
....Bro/Sis....as we I no know whether na one person be this or na siamese twins....no waste ur time doing two Masters.... if ur plan is to stay in Canada... biko...one Masters degree is more than enough....all u need is serious certifications ...all these Masters this Masters that can only earn u so much.... my Manager na Diploma hin get with certifications....employers respect certifications pass all these double Masters....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by manover: 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hello house is there any thread for Canadian TRV for those going on visit? if there is any pls kindly send d link here because some of us are interested in visiting Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by equlibrium(m): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
Bros eh!
Dis one una dey talk nw don dey fear me again oh.
Got admitted to a one yr program in Seneca, winter start date and by Jove I ain't f.cukin comin bac to dis sh.it hole of a nation, @least not b4 2015. So dis PR/work permit tin una dey talk dey fear mi nw. Wot I read online says u will get d length of or study visa as post study, shikena.
So help mi, hw is dat diff from pesin way get 1yr MSC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
equlibrium: Bros eh!
Dis one una dey talk nw don dey fear me again oh.
Got admitted to a one yr program in Seneca, winter start date and by Jove I ain't f.cukin comin bac to dis shit hole of a nation, @least not b4 2015. So dis PR/work permit tin una dey talk dey fear mi name. Wot I read online says u will get d length of or study visa as post study, shikena.
So help mi, hw is dat diff from pesin way get 1yr MSC?
....Bro... no fear biko... when u get to Seneca... u go see guys wey dey same shoes as u... get close to those Indians in ur class ... there are ways around it to get a 3yr work permit... but get this visa first and if u are still not clear... link with me once u get to Canada.... but first thing first... get to Canada first...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
manover: Hello house is there any thread for Canadian TRV for those going on visit? if there is any pls kindly send d link here because some of us are interested in visiting Canada
....U are on the very forum u are looking for....na to ask ur questions and watch suggestions flow...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by equlibrium(m): 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: ....Bro... no fear biko... when u get to Seneca... u go see guys wey dey same shoes as u... get close to those Indians in ur class ... there are ways around it to get a 3yr work permit... but get this visa first and if u are still not clear... link with me once u get to Canada.... but first thing first... get to Canada first...

Nice one brov!
U dey Seneca nw?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
equlibrium:

Nice one brov!
U dey Seneca nw?
...No sir... I no dey school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
dommakavelli: Here are the documents I submitted to CDHC;

1. PRAYERS

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
1) Letter of acceptance from the University. (Scanned copy)
2) Official fee schedule from the University.
3) Full School fee receipt
4)Prayers

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1)Prayers
2) International Passport
3) Two Passport Photographs
4) Birth Certificate
5) Police Character Certificate
6) Affidavit of study
7) Prayers
8 ) High School Testimonial
9) Degree Notification of result
10) Prayers
11)Polytechnic Certificate
12) University/Polytechnic Transcripts
10) NYSC certificate,
11) Siblings Birth Certificates
12) prayers
12) CAC certificate for my business and duplicate of invoice. biz registered November 2012.
14) Statement of intent. Powered by SIGA. My sponsor's daughter was studying in canny when I applied. So, I declared on the questionnaire that I have a cousin in canny. my sponsor stated that she's willing to send me to canny cos she was impressed with the level of education my cousin acquired. I wrote same in my SOP

LESSON: pls do not hide any information

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS ( DIFFERENT SURNAMES)

1) Prayers
2) Originals of the last 6 months of sponsor’s Bank account statement
3) Letter of reference from Bank.
4) Sponsor’s letter of sponsorship. POWERED BY SIGA
5) Prayers
6) Affidavit of Support
7) Company Registration
8 ) C/O of a landed property
9) Prayers
cool Transaction receipt between me and my sponsor.I told her to send the naira value of my tuition into my account. Then I attached the receipt with my documents.
NOTE: I didn't submit my statement of account.

Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers, prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers Prayers prayers prayers.......................

you go wonder why prayers plenty abi? don't worry, I go explain later cos devil showed face o, But he's no match for GOD.
story still plenty.

I'm really grateful to everybody, Mr siga, Mr phemmy, burningflames, Luckydon, Wuralalu, earthgreeners, azweel, iwinosajack, Gboyega, Xtus, texeel, Justwise, et all

Ehen,make i no forget, I used an agent and an immigration lawyer o and I paid.
Price: 1500 bis/monthly
Baba GOD na my Immigration lawyer
Nairaland na my AGent
the above names and other members of this group are the agency officers.

@earthgreeners, do you remember my first post. August 2012, wey I dey find agent for school admission. Dude replied that; Guy, People do it themselves here. looool.. Thank GOD say I no vex for you. Honestly, That word kept me going.

please don't hesitate to ask me anything, I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. if you want some1 to help check your SOP, letter, enquiry email I dey available. I pray and hope I'll be able to give back my best here. SO HELP ME GOD.
Oya, winter people, let's talk.

thats great bro, am very happy this is happening to you, while meeting you at cdhc office, I felt I was the VO, would have issued you your TRV at that moment, In faith, I will soon join you at 's******s'. Love you.

ALL GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by equlibrium(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: ...No sir... I no dey school
OK bros, I go dey check u out b dat. Dem go give mi visa, I no too dey fear DAT side, BT I NVR ever wanna com bac here mennnnn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
equlibrium:
OK bros, I go dey check u out b dat. Dem go give mi visa, I no too dey fear DAT side, BT I NVR ever wanna com bac here mennnnn
....Oga banker na wa oo....see as fear cum burst out for ya mouth....haba!!....i go dey fear to bank with u mehn!!....dont tell me d name of ya bank na bank PHB sha...lol...anyway dat bank don collapse grin..... As chairman siga said...get to canny 1st and see if ya fear no go find hinding place....lol....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by edunwanegbo: 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
How una dey? Abeg i wnt to knw how long it takes to process student study vis in canada for Nigerians?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by papakm(m): 2:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
Congrat
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
papa km: Congrat
....Bros...To me?....grin...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
...@azeezwl....u av finally succeded in fying my eyes wit ya quote....mehn!! Dat tin wey u quote long oo...Kilode.....are u trying to let the house know the @sign is not included in ur fone botton?grin...lol...u funi sha....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: ....Bro/Sis....as we I no know whether na one person be this or na siamese twins....no waste ur time doing two Masters.... if ur plan is to stay in Canada... biko...one Masters degree is more than enough....all u need is serious certifications ...all these Masters this Masters that can only earn u so much.... my Manager na Diploma hin get with certifications....employers respect certifications pass all these double Masters....

Lwkm. Abeg o, I no be siamese twin o; not a sis either. Na only me dey here so.

Yes, my plan is to stay there.

Alright, by certifications, you mean?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
frederal:

I don't call spending naira in Canada via naira mastercard easy life o, cos of the interest capitalisation and exchange rate charges.
I wasn't embarrassed at all...I even got the point from it.
Cheers!

My brother, I'm truly enjoying it. No charges whatsoever and I think the exchange rate is the global exchange rate. In the past few days, it exchange at about N158.64/1CAD$ and 1CAD$/0.9497US$. The fee on ATM transaction is N420 and between CAD$1.6 and CAD$1.75 depending on whose terminal you are withdrawing from, while my US bank charges US$5. In essence, I can tell that the Naira Debit MasterCard is excellent and works on all terminals since most of their terminals here are chip and pin oriented.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

My brother, I'm truly enjoying it. No charges whatsoever and I think the exchange rate is the global exchange rate. In the past few days, it exchange at about N158.64/1CAD$ and 1CAD$/0.9497US$. The fee on ATM transaction is N420 and between CAD$1.6 and CAD$1.75 depending on whose terminal you are withdrawing from, while my US bank charges US$5. In essence, I can tell that the Naira Debit MasterCard is excellent and works on all terminals since most of their terminals here are chip and pin oriented.

Please tell me which bank issues yours in Nigeria cos i am thinking of going that route now - depending on some of the coy that does it for me don dey tire me.
BTW - thanks again for my gala, 4 gone and jelely eating the remaining 2
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: ....Oga banker na wa oo....see as fear cum burst out for ya mouth....haba!!....i go dey fear to bank with u mehn!!....dont tell me d name of ya bank na bank PHB sha...lol...anyway dat bank don collapse grin..... As chairman siga said...get to canny 1st and see if ya fear no go find hinding place....lol....

Oga, I take an exception to the bolded. The bank might have had its challenges like some other banks however, it fed families and it is still doing and some of us are proud to have worked and associated with the brand and even still maintain accounts with them.
Thank you for your understanding.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Please tell me which bank issues yours in Nigeria cos i am thinking of going that route now - depending on some of the coy that does it for me don dey tire me.
BTW - thanks again for my gala, 4 gone and jelely eating the remaining 2

GTBank. I want to believe others too should be same though but I am not sure oooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

GTBank. I want to believe others too should be same though but I am not sure oooo.

There might be, but i kinda like that rate . . . cos right now, the coys i uses gives me 163 Naira per $$ and this is on a weekly basis oh cos of business . . . And i heard GTbank is the best out there at the moment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

....A friend used Stanbic mastercard right in front of me ... CIBC didnt take it , so we went to Royal bank and gbam... cash just dey flow....

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.