Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (588901 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 2:44am On Sep 19, 2013
Siga: ....Yep, but u can use them next summer now...
True. ..thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 2:45am On Sep 19, 2013
laureek: The thing is all the fine correct cloth, na winter jacket go still cover everything. You really cant appreciate them except you work in an office environment. some dey try for Ottawa sha but believe me they have a black origin or history. Nigerians dey represent well for here sha. It's just a normal thing except for some that wont stop wearing those tight and undersized aba tshirts. but then, na wetin man get e go wear.
grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 5:28am On Sep 19, 2013
laureek: The thing is all the fine correct cloth, na winter jacket go still cover everything. You really cant appreciate them except you work in an office environment. some dey try for Ottawa sha but believe me they have a black origin or history. Nigerians dey represent well for here sha. It's just a normal thing except for some that wont stop wearing those tight and undersized aba tshirts. but then, na wetin man get e go wear.

Not Aba biko, check another city in another state...Aba homies dey rep wella in terms of fashion and dressing....jukwaa ese...grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by koladata(m): 6:42am On Sep 19, 2013
House: God will continue being with you all for sharing and solving problems on this forum all along. Pls I've been following this trend but I've not really gotten a straight answer to my question. Question 1: is it necessary that my sponsor is my parent or sibling? Because my sponsor is an uncle in which we do not bear the same surname.

Question2: what are the necessary fees that I must pay to the school before leaving Nigeria. I mean does all schools request that you pay your school fees before leaving Nigeria? Atleast Maybe school fees for the first year or the first semester.

Qustion3: I read on one of the posts where a guy said he will be traveling with about 10 to 12 thousand CAD which will cover his expenses for a year. Is this one of the requirement from the embassy that student must have an estimated amount in a credit card that covers their expenses after arriving in Canada?

i plan to start my application this month but i just need an answer to these three questions first. I plan to apply as an undergraduate to MUN and any other schools(course: computer science or software engineering).

Thank you, and God bless you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lillaowow(m): 6:51am On Sep 19, 2013
koladata: House: God will continue being with you all for sharing and solving problems on this forum all along. Pls I've been following this trend but I've not really gotten a straight answer to my question. Question 1: is it necessary that my sponsor is my parent or sibling? Because my sponsor is an uncle in which we do not bear the same surname.

Question2: what are the necessary fees that I must pay to the school before leaving Nigeria. I mean those all schools request that you pay you school fee before leaving Nigeria? Atleast Maybe school fees for the first year or the first semester.

Qustion3: I read on one of the posts where a guy said he will be traveling with about 10 to 12 thousand CAD which will cover his expenses for a year. Is this one the requirement from the embassy that student must have an estimated amount in a credit card that covers their expenses after arriving in Canada.

i plan to start my application this month but i just need an answer to this three questions first. I plan to apply to mun. Thanks you house.

All your questions have actually been answered previously. Shows you've not been reading the thread.
To avoid repetitions, read from page 1.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 7:13am On Sep 19, 2013
lillaowow:

All your questions have actually been answered previously. Shows you've not been reading the thread.
To avoid repetitions, read from page 1.

Well said bro....esp question no.1 which was well explained few pages back...

I doubt if you've actually been following the thread as you mentioned...

Read it one more time and I assure you that you'll be fine and well grounded
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by allspark: 7:43am On Sep 19, 2013
Hi everyone. I see that online application is faster but I still have some issues I need to clarify before I go that route. The medical request comes fast but from what I' ve read here, there are no follow up instructions. So after medical is done what are the online applicants meant to do? Pay fees? Send hard copies of docs submitted online? Submit passport? And where will they submit to if the answers are yes?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chux4liv(m): 8:12am On Sep 19, 2013
kingRoosevelt: hello guys nice work here. I applied june 17th and my school resumed since sept 3rd. 2013 btw.stil havn"t been called for medicals yet. I talk to my school (college of the north atlantic) and they said they are givn me til the end of sept. oh well am very optimistic I realy dont care if I submitted the right documents or not whatevr but am very sure am gettin my visa.but am just worried about the delay..any body know whats goin on there at the canadian embassy lagos?

Hello Roosevelt.. Pls that college of the north atlantic you applied to , do you get to pay tuition fee here or when you arrive Canada.
(2). Do you have to pay the whole tuition fee or you pay installmental

Thanks for your swift response

Best Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2013
allspark: Hi everyone. I see that online application is faster but I still have some issues I need to clarify before I go that route. The medical request comes fast but from what I' ve read here, there are no follow up instructions. So after medical is done what are the online applicants meant to do? Pay fees? Send hard copies of docs submitted online? Submit passport? And where will they submit to if the answers are yes?
....Bro u only pay fees when cdhc request for it....if ur medical instruction cums without further instructions to pay fee then u go just go to the designated hospital and do ur medics lobatan...then relax for cdhc to either instruct u to bring ur passport by hand for visa stamp or tell u to go pay for tuition....means of communication can either be tru phone,email,or cic account u created on their website.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by IJESA83: 8:28am On Sep 19, 2013
allspark: Hi everyone. I see that online application is faster but I still have some issues I need to clarify before I go that route. The medical request comes fast but from what I' ve read here, there are no follow up instructions. So after medical is done what are the online applicants meant to do? Pay fees? Send hard copies of docs submitted online? Submit passport? And where will they submit to if the answers are yes?

I guess the online application is been asses in CANADA and I believe the name of those who recive the medical instruction will be forwarded to CIC Lagos and their medical report will be asses there and it might be possible that the online applicant is asses in Lagos but whichever the case, The CIC VIO in Lagos will do the final TRV issuance. I pray that we paper routers, God will CHANGE the RED flag of the CIC VIO in Lagos to GREEN ooooo very soon ame.....n lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by habie(f): 8:31am On Sep 19, 2013
Insha Allah i want to believe that by nxt week the paper router will get positive response frm CDHC so that this thread will come alive.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jredlom(m): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2013
Please help me,I want to travel to Canada for tourism,I am a Ghanaian residing in Ghana and has traveled on 2 occasions to South Africa,I now want to travel to Canada to tour for 21 days,I am not married but has a fiancee and I own a internet cafe,I pay tax for the Cafe but my Bank statement is in my name and not the company (Internet Cafe),am also a student and will be submitting a letter from my school indicating my vacation date and resuming date,what do you think are my chances of getting a Canadian tourist Visa,the money in my account is $2800
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by HZwriters: 9:16am On Sep 19, 2013
Briony84: Its good to be back here again...I see a lot of people I met here earlier on last year have all moved to anny to further their studies...exceptionally happy for earthgreeners...am for MUN fall 2014...am good and ready armed with my prayers in order to meet my future
Hi, have you been offerd admission and wc course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2013
habie: Insha Allah i want to believe that by nxt week the paper router will get positive response frm CDHC so that this thread will come alive.
...Amen....i sure hope we wont keep postponing to nextweekgrin...cuz we also said same lastweek...lol....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 9:57am On Sep 19, 2013
jredlom: Please help me,I want to travel to Canada for tourism,I am a Ghanaian residing in Ghana and has traveled on 2 occasions to South Africa,I now want to travel to Canada to tour for 21 days,I am not married but has a fiancee and I own a internet cafe,I pay tax for the Cafe but my Bank statement is in my name and not the company (Internet Cafe),am also a student and will be submitting a letter from my school indicating my vacation date and resuming date,what do you think are my chances of getting a Canadian tourist Visa,the money in my account is $2800

To be brutally honest with you, your chances are very very slim...

$2800 will not even get you a return ticket to and from Canada and meet up with other expenses to be incurred.

You don't seem to have any social, economic and financial ties to be deemed qualified for a TRV.

You might want to work on your finances as that might offset any concern your social and economic ties might raise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:07am On Sep 19, 2013
jredlom: Please help me,I want to travel to Canada for tourism,I am a Ghanaian residing in Ghana and has traveled on 2 occasions to South Africa,I now want to travel to Canada to tour for 21 days,I am not married but has a fiancee and I own a internet cafe,I pay tax for the Cafe but my Bank statement is in my name and not the company (Internet Cafe),am also a student and will be submitting a letter from my school indicating my vacation date and resuming date,what do you think are my chances of getting a Canadian tourist Visa,the money in my account is $2800
.......So ghanian too dey dis thread?...lol...i tot dey call dis place nairaland....bro u be real tourist oo....u tour cum nairaland...niceone.....there are no rules for a specific amount to be in an account for a visa to be approved....it only takes little thinking to know....$2800 for 21days seem pretty cool but if u have the capacity to beef that up more then ur chances increases.....considering the fact dat flight money na roughly $2000 or more....deduct am from wat u have and tink am if d balance will do......u can beef it up a bit sha buh if u cant, u can try that out......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Tobst: 10:32am On Sep 19, 2013
@ chrigo, response from the embassy, i don submit am since 2 month and half nw. before i even join dis forum. So lambeth paro don late, by dis time.i Just hand everytin to God my broda wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:43am On Sep 19, 2013
Tobst: @ chrigo, response from the embassy, i don submit am since 2 month and half nw. before i even join dis forum. So lambeth paro don late, by dis time.i Just hand everytin to God my broda wink
....bro lambton parol never late ojere....even if u no wan apply to lambton den apply to sum oda sch wey dey dat cic link....dat sch wey u dey go no dey dia.....just telling u my own noni....since u talk say u don leave eveything to God den God loves u by bringing u to dis forum....apply to a sch wey dey dat cic link(GOD's word for u bro grin) .....Embassy go grant our request by God's grace.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kelly4top: 11:04am On Sep 19, 2013
Onye oma:

I don't think that's a complain,tis just a question...and yes, his question is very necessary...

Pls, read all the Nairaland rules, esp no. 11 to avoid making further mistakes...

Are you his mouth piece?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by papy4real: 11:05am On Sep 19, 2013
kjbobo:
grin grin grin

@Kjbobo. Just sent you a PM naw cos I need little assistance for my M.sc application process. Would really appreciate your response. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:10am On Sep 19, 2013
frederal: Surprised canada section pt 4 atop U.S travel section now....there was when the U.S section moved like wild fire, topping here with over 90.#justobservation#
Cos my brother lived in U.k, seeing the kind of wears they rock there, i thought carrying my Naija wears to Canada will make me too local here...but now i know that U.k are more into fashion than Newfoundland( make i no say Canada).
If youre coming, prepare well...carry ur things-things are costly here(esp when u have think about d naira equivalent). Nobody they look person here.

hey bro. are you in MUN?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Briony84(f): 11:13am On Sep 19, 2013
[/color][color=#000099][/color]
HZwriters:
Hi, have you been offerd admission and wc course?

No I haven't been offered admission...just started my admission process bt am applying to political science in MUN for their coursed based with internship programme...what are you applying for...[color=#990000]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 11:13am On Sep 19, 2013
[b]LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)
1. Olabo_key JUNE 21 Paper route
2. Rilly2000 JULY 8 Paper route
3. Tobst JULY 12 Paper route
4. Huzzie JULY 16 Paper route
5. Onye oma JULY 17 Paper route
6. Rolatims JULY 28 Paper route
7. Tkay11 JULY 29 Paper route
8. Chrigo JULY 30 Paper route
9. Papa km JULY 31 Paper route
10. IJESA83 AUGUST 13 Paper route
11. Adim02 AUGUST 19 Paper route
12. Ahmedonia4real AUGUST 19 Paper route
13. Habie AUGUST 21 Paper route
14. Tolyem AUGUST 23 Paper route
15. Miss bon AUGUST 25 Paper route
16. Humanshado AUGUST 31 Online route
17. Clow SEPTEMBER 3 Paper route
18. Mike SEPTEMBER 6 Online route
19. Greatheights SEPTEMBER 8 online route
20. Equilibrium SEPTEMBER 9 Paper route
21. Kunsoft SEPTEMBER 18 Online route

N.B- If you have gotten your admission for winter and have applied for TRV. Please provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Briony84(f): 11:16am On Sep 19, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]Hi @ dommakavelli heard your now in MUN and u travelled alongside earthe greeners.....congrats brother ...been off the thread for about a full year....pls I need your email so that I can ask you questions abt MUN...tanks....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2013
Briony84: [color=#770077][/color]Hi @ dommakavelli heard your now in MUN and u travelled alongside earthe greeners.....congrats brother ...been off the thread for about a full year....pls I need your email so that I can ask you questions abt MUN...tanks....

ok bro. send me a PM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Briony84(f): 11:24am On Sep 19, 2013
dommakavelli:

ok bro. send me a PM

Done that already...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:27am On Sep 19, 2013
Briony84:

Done that already...

ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by clow(m): 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2013

Hahaha...funny but true,u cant kill urself nau...its what u have,u'll wear...Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by HZwriters: 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2013
Briony84: [/color][color=#000099][/color]

No I haven't been offered admission...just started my admission process bt am applying to political science in MUN for their coursed based with internship programme...what are you applying for...[color=#990000]

I am going for Clinical epidemiology masters
Surely we will meet in MUN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Briony84(f): 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
[quote author=HZwriters]

I am going for Clinical epidemiology masters
Surely we will meet in MUN
[/quote

That is MPH right....yes we would defintely meet even before we arrive in MUN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kingRoosevelt: 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
@chuckx4life for the college of the north atlantic I payed a quarter of my tuition before they sent the original of my acceptance letter. And yes u can pay instalmentally.sorry for the late reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Tobst: 4:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
@chrigo, are u saying i should withdraw my application ni? abi wetin make i do nw? shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.