Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (588903 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
ChriGo: ....Oga siga na study mate i dey luk for ooo...but preferably female....u knw how winter study be na grin.....na wetin u advice i wan do(to study in canny no be beans ).....so i gas look for all means to survive studies sir......
....Gat ur drift... grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by equlibrium(m): 11:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
My people oh, plz help. Starting winter term, an Ontario Graduate Certificate in supply chain management(not PGD). Oya back to the matter, I took it for granted that Grad Certs and PGDs are one and the same thing. Reading online 2day, I came across an article saying Grad Certs are not really PGDs and do get favorable responses for post study. Biko, doz on ground, is this true, make my 3m no burn for Seneca oh!!!! E wa gba mi oh!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 11:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
equlibrium: My people oh, plz help. Starting winter term, an Ontario Graduate Certificate in supply chain management(not PGD). Oya back to the matter, I took it for granted that Grad Certs and PGDs are one and the same thing. Reading online 2day, I came across an article saying Grad Certs are not really PGDs and do get favorable responses for post study. Biko, doz on ground, is this true, make my 3m no burn for Seneca oh!!!! E wa gba mi oh!
if ur going for a pg program, u don't hav a probs,u will be given a post study of the duration of ur program. If post grad cert holders don't get post study or jobs upon graduation, why do some employer of labour request for them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 25, 2013
Firstly, God bless everyone who has added to the thread one way or another -

I am new to this thread and i see it has 4 bulky parts which in most cases could serve as a reference point for those of us who need help with one Q or the other.

Given how bulky the thread is and having punched in the search bar on how to apply which hasn't helped much, I have then decided to just step to the plate and ask the mind burning Q.

Not to offend posters, my Q goes thus:

What schools are currently accepting applications? Websites will do and how to reach them/apply.

Studied History & international rel,
I made a second class upper well above 3.6 cgpa. I'm considering M.a in international rel or at least history. What are my chances?

God bless y'all as you help me unravel my with my quest for knowledge.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 11:51pm On Sep 25, 2013
9jacrip: Firstly, God bless everyone who has added to the thread one way or another -

I am new to this thread and i see it has 4 bulky parts which in most cases could serve as a reference point for those of us who need help with one Q or the other.

Given how bulky the thread is and having punched in the search bar on how to apply which hasn't helped much, I have then decided to just step to the plate and ask the mind burning Q.

What schools are currently accepting applications? Websites will do and how to reach them/apply.

I made a second class upper well above 3.6 cgpa. I'm considering M.a in international rel or at least history. What are my chances?

hi. I studied this same course, and beliv me from experience if you don't have two years working experience, or have volunteer before or hav a watery thesis proposal that any international organisation is working on or hav intentions to work on ur chances will be very slim.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 26, 2013
kayconsult: hi. I studied this same course, and beliv me from experience if you don't have two years working experience, or have volunteer before or hav a watery thesis proposal that any international organisation is working on or hav intentions to work on ur chances will be very slim.

Thank you so much for the quick response. Well received and noted but how did you pull through? A masters degree in history or int'l rel could be academic pr professional.

How you sailed through os the info i'd like and also kindly help with questions from my previous post.

Thank you sit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 12:12am On Sep 26, 2013
Siga: ...Programs differ.... adaptation yato... I know what I am talking about for saying this bro.... I just dont pick sh1t up from the sky when I say something... ok... u do well... I cant fault anyone that cant do it... its not easy for alot...
I agree with you sir....Totally on adaptation. ..but not necessarily on programs difference. ...cos Nobody they this Canny wey no go use internet for the course!How many minutes will it cost to open a tab for Nairaland?? While working on loads of assignments?No matter how tough your programme is?
What I see is how the human mind functions....when you looking for TRV....you are active....thereafter. ...you
shift!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 12:21am On Sep 26, 2013
9jacrip:

Thank you so much for the quick response. Well received and noted but how did you pull through? A masters degree in history or int'l rel could be academic pr professional.

How you sailed through os the info i'd like and also kindly help with questions from my previous post.

Thank you sit
after applying to four uni and no headways, someone introduced me to apply into a college where I was finally granted admission in international business management(postgraduate). With this pre-masters program I will be able to applying directly for a masters program. But if one still wants to pursue masters in int"l relations, then in between ur program u can look for international relations volunteer jobs, or volunteer with a charity home so as to boost ur cv. Who knows, u might be lucky then to gain admission for masters in interel. Saint mary's university,carleton university,UNBC,university of waterloo,university of ottawa are names of almost universities who offers the program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:29am On Sep 26, 2013
equlibrium: My people oh, plz help. Starting winter term, an Ontario Graduate Certificate in supply chain management(not PGD). Oya back to the matter, I took it for granted that Grad Certs and PGDs are one and the same thing. Reading online 2day, I came across an article saying Grad Certs are not really PGDs and do get favorable responses for post study. Biko, doz on ground, is this true, make my 3m no burn for Seneca oh!!!! E wa gba mi oh!
.....Oga banker u too dey fear grin....ur 3m no burn jare....Diploma differ from Grad cert only with credit units offered lobatan!!....i.e credit units offered by grad cert is lesser than that of diploma......Interms of favourable response, why not make sure u get good grads and watch if u wont get favourable response....chai!! Oga banker like im money($$$$) ooo.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 26, 2013
kayconsult: after applying to four uni and no headways, someone introduced me to apply into a college where I was finally granted admission in international business management(postgraduate). With this pre-masters program I will be able to applying directly for a masters program. But if one still wants to pursue masters in int"l relations, then in between ur program u can look for international relations volunteer jobs, or volunteer with a charity home so as to boost ur cv. Who knows, u might be lucky then to gain admission for masters in interel. Saint mary's university,carleton university,UNBC,university of waterloo,university of ottawa are names of almost universities who offers the program.

OK thank you.
I'll check those sites out and see what i can find.
Can I ask what Uni the someone introduced you to? Maybe I could try my luck?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:58am On Sep 26, 2013
kjbobo:
I agree with you sir....Totally on adaptation. ..but not necessarily on programs difference. ...cos Nobody they this Canny wey no go use internet for the course!How many minutes will it cost to open a tab for Nairaland?? While working on loads of assignments?No matter how tough your programme is?
What I see is how the human mind functions....when you looking for TRV....you are active....thereafter. ...you
shift!
....Thats very true....take Playpays for example grin....eversince dat dude chop TRV i no they see am for here again......i hope onye oma and ChriGo wont do same.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gfunk1: 1:03am On Sep 26, 2013
EYES don fry o, JESU! being as learned as these ogas here could be really tough. I salute UNA o. GOD's merciful sight on everyone o. Back to my study...na which page I jump from?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Briony84(f): 1:11am On Sep 26, 2013
9jacrip: Firstly, God bless everyone who has added to the thread one way or another -

Pls check out www.mun.ca and simon fraser university...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:30am On Sep 26, 2013
ahmedonia4real:
Chrigo have u forgoten what the bible says about our enemy nii? Bible says they will come in 1(one) way but they shall fall 7 (seven) in way. And he that is in me is greater than he that is in the world.
....Preach bro Preach....na the satanic agents here dey make cdhc delay our app....na die for them....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:32am On Sep 26, 2013
...Chrigogo...u never sleep...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 4:05am On Sep 26, 2013
Siga: ...Chrigogo...u never sleep...
I tire too o Oga Siga
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:15am On Sep 26, 2013
Siga: ...Chrigogo...u never sleep...
kjbobo: I tire too o Oga Siga
....grin...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 6:55am On Sep 26, 2013
9jacrip:

OK thank you.
I'll check those sites out and see what i can find.
Can I ask what Uni the someone introduced you to? Maybe I could try my luck?
its not a uni, its called NIAGARA COLLEGE.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by apple08(m): 7:03am On Sep 26, 2013
kayconsult: if ur going for a pg program, u don't hav a probs,u will be given a post study of the duration of ur program. If post grad cert holders don't get post study or jobs upon graduation, why do some employer of labour request for them.

Kayconsult pls kindly explain more about this, i read this and am a bit confused. So u mean there's a difference btwn Grad cert. and PGD? I tot it was the same thing since entry requirements was 3yrs uni degree. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by equlibrium(m): 7:25am On Sep 26, 2013
apple08:

Kayconsult pls kindly explain more about this, i read this and am a bit confused. So u mean there's a difference btwn Grad cert. and PGD? I tot it was the same thing since entry requirements was 3yrs uni degree. thanks

I tot so to myself but I have been reading up on my adopted country alot wink and apparently its not the same tin oh. Siga dem, make una com add una insight too na. embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by apple08(m): 7:32am On Sep 26, 2013
equlibrium:

I tot so to myself but I have been reading up on my adopted country alot wink and apparently its not the same tin oh. Siga dem, make una com add una insight too na. embarassed

i just read this...

A graduate school is a school that awards advanced academic degrees (i.e. master's and doctoral degrees) with the general requirement that students must have earned a previous undergraduate (bachelor's) degree.[1][2] A distinction is typically made between graduate schools (where courses of study do not provide training for a particular profession) and professional schools, which offer specialized advanced degrees in professional fields such as medicine, business, engineering, ministry or law.
Many universities award graduate degrees; a graduate school is not necessarily a separate institution. While the term "graduate school" is typical in the United States and often used elsewhere (e.g. Canada), "postgraduate education" is also used in some English-speaking countries (Australia, Canada, Ireland, India, New Zealand, Pakistan and the UK) to refer to the spectrum of education beyond a bachelor's degree. Those attending graduate schools are called "graduate students" (in both American and British English), or often in British English as "postgraduate students" and, colloquially, "postgraduates" and "postgrads". Degrees awarded to graduate students include master's degrees, doctoral degrees, and other postgraduate qualifications such as graduate certificates and professional degrees.

Cuz i tink we nigerians take this as same thing ooo, now am really confused.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ahmedonia4real(m): 9:31am On Sep 26, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] grin
ChriGo: ....Preach bro Preach....na the satanic agents here dey make cdhc delay our app....na die for them....

U funny die
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:32am On Sep 26, 2013
.....Any body here applied to SAIT or dreaming of applying their ?.....that sch get one or two ish ooo....dem no dey gree differ admission instead they tell u to reapply.....when u see that sch name in ur dream please RUN FOR UR LIFE ....got friends having serious problem now.....that sch na HIV/AIDS ooo grin....if u so wish to go their please do not use them to apply for ur visa...apply to a sch dat has the capacity to differ and then u can switch to SAIT wen u get to canny....PLEASE BE WARNED BIKO.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 9:41am On Sep 26, 2013
apple08:

the term PGD here in Canada talks about your college prog ,preferably considered if your g.p isn't really good,if you have cost concerns with uni or your background in undergrad isnt strong enough to proceed to uni straight. ..so you are advised sometimes to take some courses in college.
In Naija,we call it PG school but I know if you finish with anything less than 2-2 in Ife you do PG before starting your masters.The college and grad school arent separated in Naija usually. IFE calls it PG college serving both purposes

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by buchi4med: 10:59am On Sep 26, 2013
Chrigo do u know about MAPLE EDUCATION CANADA INC. I was directed by the Lambton Nigerian Representative to them. They are the one handling my application. Moroever before engaging them I made findings about them. this is my number 08038944051
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kicon: 11:12am On Sep 26, 2013
sparta_300:
For tha passport photo, make sure to specification (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp) to be on d safe side, go to a photo studio for editing or if u r good with photoshop u can do it on ur own.
As for other documents, I found this site very helpful https://smallpdf.com/ it reduces n combines pdf files without watermarks. Hope this helps.
Thanks and God's blessing are forever urs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by clusterphobia: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2013
Hey guys!!
Please at what time do you get to see your passport. Before medicals or after medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:47am On Sep 26, 2013
buchi4med: Chrigo do u know about MAPLE EDUCATION CANADA INC. I was directed by the Lambton Nigerian Representative to them. They are the one handling my application. Moroever before engaging them I made findings about them. this is my number 08038944051
....Oh maple has reputition buh dia service charges cost pass hummer jeep grin.....will call u bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:50am On Sep 26, 2013
clusterphobia: Hey guys!!
Please at what time do you get to see your passport. Before medicals or after medicals?
...Cluster have u been called for medics?...why u dey kip ya secret na grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by clusterphobia: 11:58am On Sep 26, 2013
Omo!! I chop medics today!! Na my agents call tell me so. They saidmy passport neva show na dats Y I dey ask to ensure na real chopping and no be say I dey chop for dream!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
clusterphobia: Omo!! I chop medics today!! Na my agents call tell me so. They saidmy passport neva show na dats Y I dey ask to ensure na real chopping and no be say I dey chop for dream!!
.....Cluster!! cluster!! I knew something was fishy grin....why u no talk am say u chop medics b4 na.....anyway congrats...i scarily and fearfully tap from ur late response blessing....as soon as ur status change on vfs website then go pick ur package....ur medics/further instructions including ur int'l passport will be their.....God is indeed great......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
clusterphobia: Omo!! I chop medics today!! Na my agents call tell me so. They saidmy passport neva show na dats Y I dey ask to ensure na real chopping and no be say I dey chop for dream!!
Congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.