Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,256 members, 7,839,309 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589855 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 10:59am On Sep 25, 2013
Just felt I should chip this in....I have recieved a couple of mails of people complaining about sending mails to prospective supervisors without getting response: Please this stuff isnt small potatoes,I sent mails to over 500 possible supervisors(I am not joking) across Canada spread over 12 months. I put a call through to at least 200 of them!So no be beans!If you have convictions about what you doing being God's leading then you know it doesn't mean it will come easy! One of them later confessed to me that they recieve an average of 20 of such mails from Africa and Asia and dont bother reading through most times!But with prayer and doggedness you can make it.A friend of mine I told last month back home has gotten a supervisor in my faculty after persistently following up with calls on one of my Faculty supervisors,saw the supervisor yesterday and said he will take her!
So be persistent. ...that God has answered doesnt absolve you from putting in effort!And trust me....you'l find out its for the better...and please lets not be lazy in writing. ..I had tocdo about 10 different short research write ups to these supervisors!while searching. ..think about problems back home you want to solve for e.g on health: HIV,Mental health...you could write on effect of terrorism on Child's mental health for instance. And trust me,all came in handy for me....While some are still looking for topics in school now...I already have what I want to do....So brace up....try to enjoy the process. ...you'l laugh at the end!
Sorry for the typos.....wanna go back to sleep grin

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 11:10am On Sep 25, 2013
grin
ChriGo: ...Bro ur name na kayconsult...i want to beileve u run a consultancy firm?...any wia i see kayconsultant firm home and abroad i go run for my life mehn!! grin....Nna ur mouth wide ooo....
chrigo ur mouth no wide n u wan go canny, y u no stay niger nw.Abeg lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2013
...@kjbobo....my oga don land...u have really fought well ooo...ur blood dy hot gan ooo....500 supervisors?....na wa oo....wen sum people still dey battle with just four supervisors pere!!.....na ur blood hot pass for here mehn!!!...i fear u grin....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:24am On Sep 25, 2013
kayconsult: grin chrigo ur mouth no wide n u wan go canny, y u no stay niger nw.Abeg lol
...lol...grin...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaybmich: 11:36am On Sep 25, 2013
In fact, have gained a lot and am still gaining here in #Land. Thank you all Nairalanders, so may it continue Hehe
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:52am On Sep 25, 2013
jaybmich: In fact, have gained a lot and am still gaining here in #Land. Thank you all Nairalanders, so may it continue Hehe
....Bros na microphone go remain make u carry ooo grin....haba....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by brendumsg: 11:54am On Sep 25, 2013
please I need a description on how to get to d canadian embassy from Ajah. Thx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 12:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
Siga: ...Now u talking... bring ur passport let me stamp it with ur visa.....
sent mine already smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
kjbobo:
Congrats. ...instructions to pay comes with your passport not medicals
ve u seen my mail yet....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chuksbogus: 12:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
pls make una answer me naaaaa!!!!! am about applying for canada visit visa and i have salary acct and a joint acct with my wife both savings acct. and am planing on building either of them to 1.6 to 2million . so pls which of the acct should i use
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
brendumsg: please I need a description on how to get to d canadian embassy from Ajah. Thx
.....Bro frm wia u dy if u go fit see adeola odeku enter am and drop at anifowoshe b/stop very close to mike adenuga towers..just walk down d street u go c cdhc dia....its opposite indonesia embassy....if u no go fit c adeola odeku frm dia den find ya way to CMS(Ajah park).....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
kjbobo: Just felt I should chip this in....I have recieved ao couple of mails of people complaining about sending mails to prospective supervisors without getting response: Please this stuff isnt small potatoes,I sent mails to over 500 possible supervisors(I am not joking) across Canada spread over 12 months. I put a call through to at least 200 of them!So no be beans!If you have convictions about what you doing being God's leading then you know it doesn't mean it will come easy! One of them later confessed to me that they recieve an average of 20 of such mails from Africa and Asia and dont bother reading through most times!But with prayer and doggedness you can make it.A friend of mine I told last month back home has gotten a supervisor in my faculty after persistently following up with calls on one of my Faculty supervisors,saw the supervisor yesterday and said he will take her!
So be persistent. ...that God has answered doesnt absolve you from putting in effort!And trust me....you'l find out its for the better...and please lets not be lazy in writing. ..I had tocdo about 10 different short research write ups to these supervisors!while searching. ..think about problems back home you want to solve for e.g on health: HIV,Mental health...you could write on effect of terrorism on Child's mental health for instance. And trust me,all came in handy for me....While some are still looking for topics in school now...I already have what I want to do....So brace up....try to enjoy the process. ...you'l laugh at the end!

Thank you very much, i believe this post is specifically meant for me. I sent mails to 5 potential supervisors already and while none has yet replied me, it never crossed my mind to follow-up my mails with calls, but now that you've said it, i'll try and contact as much supervisors as possible(May even break your 500 record) with mails, research interests and calls.
Thanks for the insight.

PS: Pls house you could also send me emails of supervisors you know who are interested in taking up african students for MSC in Geophysics to Dareluvsall@gmail.com. I'd gladly appreciate. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
chuksbogus: pls make una answer me naaaaa!!!!! am about applying for canada visit visa and i have salary acct and a joint acct with my wife both savings acct. and am planing on building either of them to 1.6 to 2million . so pls which of the acct should i use
....Dat money seem pretty cool to me...dats roughly $11k...u can build the joint account and still attach the salary account too.......i believe using both accounts wont hurt..please wats the purpose of ur visit? And duration of ur stay?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by britiko: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
Thank God and congrats to all who got dier medics and trvs.@sparta_300, freshdude,
Greaterheights and tebenezer. Its d lords doing. Its marvellous in our sight.
God is indeed great. I'm really happy and pray dat more goodnews will flow.
A friend of mine, a silent follower also got her trv dis afternoon.
She applied on 23rd of May. Medics call-18th, did medics. On 20th, and got trv 25th.
Our God is indeed awesome, medics and trv within a week
.when God is involved, Protocols wld be broken for Our sake!
She's resuming immediately, schl gave her till monday 30th. To God be the glory.
All medics and trv awaitees, hang in dere, with God all things are possible!
Peace and one love.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
darefestus:

Thank you very much, i believe this post is specifically meant for me. I sent mails to 5 potential supervisors already and while none has yet replied me, it never crossed my mind to follow-up my mails with calls, but now that you've said it, i'll try and contact as much supervisors as possible(May even break your 500 record) with mails, research interests and calls.
Thanks for the insight.

PS: Pls house you could also send me emails of supervisors you know who are interested in taking up african students for MSC in Geophysics to Dareluvsall@gmail.com. I'd gladly appreciate. Thanks
.....Bro in ur search for 1000 supervisors please no make mistake send email to chrigo oo biko ....lol....cuz my email don dey all over the internet.....u fit go type list of all canadian university supervisor and my mail fit pop out too....lol..... if u flood me wit mail na swear i go swear for u ooo...grin...just kidding....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ancient1: 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
britiko: Thank God and congrats to all who got dier medics and trvs.@sparta_300, freshdude,
Greaterheights and tebenezer. Its d lords doing. Its marvellous in our sight.
God is indeed great. I'm really happy and pray dat more goodnews will flow.
A friend of mine, a silent follower also got her trv dis afternoon.
She applied on 23rd of May. Medics call-18th, did medics. On 20th, and got trv 25th.
Our God is indeed awesome, medics and trv within a week
.when God is involved, Protocols wld be broken for Our sake!
She's resuming immediately, schl gave her till monday 30th. To God be the glory.
All medics and trv awaitees, hang in dere, with God all things are possible!
Peace and one love.

congrats to your friend....may the good news keep rolling. looks like the time frame between medics and trv has been significantly shortened. Thank God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
ancient1:

congrats to your friend....may the good news keep rolling. looks like the time frame between medics and trv has been significantly shortened. Thank God.
...Paste a link here...wia u hear dat?....na God jare...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaybmich: 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
@chrigogo, if someone doesn't have second class upper, is there any chance the person will be admitted into Masters programme? If not, what programme do you think the person can apply for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
...@britiko...congrat to ur friend...I tap from her blessing...God is indeed the greatest....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by humanshado: 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2013
greatheights: Abeg whr z @Humanshado

Congrats to all those that got called for medical. greatheight I have not done medicals yet - Planning to do that on 30th September insha Allah.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2013
kjbobo: Just felt I should chip this in....I have recieved a couple of mails of people complaining about sending mails to prospective supervisors without getting response: Please this stuff isnt small potatoes,I sent mails to over 500 possible supervisors(I am not joking) across Canada spread over 12 months. I put a call through to at least 200 of them!So no be beans!If you have convictions about what you doing being God's leading then you know it doesn't mean it will come easy! One of them later confessed to me that they recieve an average of 20 of such mails from Africa and Asia and dont bother reading through most times!But with prayer and doggedness you can make it.A friend of mine I told last month back home has gotten a supervisor in my faculty after persistently following up with calls on one of my Faculty supervisors,saw the supervisor yesterday and said he will take her!

Wonderful advice . . .

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ancient1: 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
ChriGo: ...Paste a link here...wia u hear dat?....na God jare...

whatever this means
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
ancient1:

whatever this means
.....bro i neva stop prayers on ya behalf make u pack ya ancient load go canny jare....ancient God aint sleeping....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chuksbogus: 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
@ChriGo am going to sit for a canadian nursing licencing exam after av registered with them. they will give me an invitation to the embassy indicating my exam date. i applied 2yrs ago through this process but as denied based on my job condition and no ties in the country. i was working in privte hospital then with a small salary and did just court marrige .but now am under going reassessment to with same psychiatric nursing board in canada to apply for visa again around march next year. am working in a federal hospital likewise my wife. we are at d same level and earns above 100k a month we have weded have a son dat will be 1yr and 6mnth by march and another baby come dis octber . am planing to use my annual leave and to stay for 3wks. wt do u think my chances are
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
jaybmich: @chrigogo, if someone doesn't have second class upper, is there any chance the person will be admitted into Masters programme? If not, what programme do you think the person can apply for?
.....bro the chances of gaining admission for a masters program with 2nd class lower are very slim .....wont be an easy task but there is nothing bad in trying out.....Wen God talk YES who dem born well to say NO ? grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaybmich: 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
if someone doesn't have
second class upper, is there any chance
the person will be admitted into Masters
programme? If not, what programme do
you think the person can apply for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ancient1: 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
ChriGo: .....bro i neva stop prayers on ya behalf make u pack ya ancient load go canny jare....ancient God aint sleeping....

I go soon pack my ancient load but i go leave am with customs for mmia, arrange new load as i dey enter canny. God ne dey sleep true true
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ahmedonia4real(m): 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
ajiban:

1 Be gracious to me, Satan, be gracious to me,
for I take refuge in You.
I will seek refuge in the shadow of Your wings
until danger passes.
2 I call to Satan Most High,
to Lucifer who fulfills His purpose for me.
3 He reaches up from hell and saves me,
challenging the one who tramples me. Ave!
Satan sends His faithful love and truth.
4 I am surrounded by lions;
I lie down with those who devour men.
Their teeth are spears and arrows;
their tongues are sharp swords.
5 Satan, be exalted;
let Your glory be over the whole earth.
6 They prepared a net for my steps;
I was despondent.
They dug a pit ahead of me,
but they fell into it! Ave!

7 My heart is confident, Satan, my heart is confident.
I will sing; I will sing praises.
8 Wake up, my soul!
Wake up, harp and lyre!
I will wake up the dawn.
9 I will praise You, Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to You among the nations.
10 For Your faithful love is as high as the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches the clouds.
11 Satan, be exalted above the heavens;
let Your glory be over the whole earth.

Bible says For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. I stand against you the Son of Satan every member of Nairaland is not your candidate and our testimony shall never be cut short. so I comand you to die by fire in the name of Jesus.
(11 JESUS, be exalted above the heavens;
let Your glory be over the whole earth.)

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chidinmaaa: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
Pls house did anybody visit d embassy today! Are still on may applicant...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by misturchris(m): 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
ChriGo: .....mistur_chris u'r back again...dis ya worry funni sha...print the form,give to ur refree to fill and then go back online and fill that same info he filled by hand online ursef na.....just like u'r helping him fill online....ur worry sef much pass person wey get gonorrhea grin......

oga ChriGo u go don tire for me sha.actually thats what i did newayz.how wld i now send it though.thats the remaining issue sha.no worry when the admission comes thru i go buy u beer for canny grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
chuksbogus: @ChriGo am going to sit for a canadian nursing licencing exam after av registered with them. they will give me an invitation to the embassy indicating my exam date. i applied 2yrs ago through this process but as denied based on my job condition and no ties in the country. i was working in privte hospital then with a small salary and did just court marrige .but now am under going reassessment to with same psychiatric nursing board in canada to apply for visa again around march next year. am working in a federal hospital likewise my wife. we are at d same level and earns above 100k a month we have weded have a son dat will be 1yr and 6mnth by march and another baby come dis octber . am planing to use my annual leave and to stay for 3wks. wt do u think my chances are
.....Sorry for the denial.....i can see u'r only going for very short time stay in canny so u have no problem with Financial tie....ur denial based on job condition is kinda fuzzy....u'r a medical personnel and wants to go for short term practioner exam lasan!!....so i believe the main problem boils down to Social tie(family/marital) and Economic tie(property/investment).... U didnt convince the VO's enough that u'r gonna cum back after ur short stay......Now that u are married with a son, i believe u have ur marriage cert plus ur son birth cert...use it as proof of home tie...then if u got properties please add that too......dat job condition denial excuse no be am biko...who wan go for dat kind exam before? Shey na accountant wey dey for bank counting money wan go do dat kind exam grin.....try as much as possible to submit ur visa application online...seems the canadian based VO's are very nice wen making decision to a visa application......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
mistur_chris:

oga ChriGo u go don tire for me sha.actually thats what i did newayz.how wld i now send it though.thats the remaining issue sha.no worry when the admission comes thru i go buy u beer for canny grin
.....Bro my wifey dey on this forum....no let am know say i dey drink beer biko grin......lets kip it secret jare....bro i have no idea how u wan take send am tru oo....is it not online?....shey submit button no dey dia ni?.....mistur chris the back again master....lol....

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.