Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,448 members, 7,826,721 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488138 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:32am On Jul 05, 2013
yomifowe: Hello hse,

Do i need to hang my company ID card on the day of the interview? Is it advisable?

If you have it, then it is no crime. Abeg, flaunt am wella and make the VO know say if he denies you, he is denying America the opportunity of having you come contribute your quota.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 10:36am On Jul 05, 2013
fidelia.john:
Please every1,I heard something new dis morning and I want to know how true is this. The bank told my sponsor they don't give the letter of recommendation with the statement of acct to customer that they send it directly to the embassy that they can only give him a copy of the letter and the statement. I am with the copies of this document. Please help, my interview is this Monday.

Where is it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 10:53am On Jul 05, 2013
GboyegaD:

I studied in Texas and UNT to be more precised. The cost of living is relatively low compared to som other states, there is a huge number of blacks in the state and most people are friendly perhaps because it is a school environment. The weather is nice and could be extremely hot during summer. If you study hard, you sure will get good grades.
Thanks Bro. I appreciate ur reply. I will come back 2 ask som other questions once i get to anoda brick-wall. Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:10am On Jul 05, 2013
Dot1:
Thanks Bro. I appreciate ur reply. I will come back 2 ask som other questions once i get to anoda brick-wall. Thanks a lot

What is your major and level of study?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by wabiwabi91: 11:17am On Jul 05, 2013
coachee1: pals......dates are avialable now...for abuja and for lagos....abuja is from 2nd august...while lagos has dates ranging from 5th to 8th of august. Pls everybody looking for a date should try and grab one among these before theyre filled up.....one love.....kip da fire burning peepz

Thanks a bunch coachee1! I've been able to secure 6th of August appointment for my sister. You're a real lifesaver.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentino81(m): 11:24am On Jul 05, 2013
[quote author=imperiouxx]

Did anyone actually know if the old info is matched with the new info by the embassy? When was her first appearance at the embassy? That's important because I don't expect US embassy to discard any applicant's info since after 9/11.

I asked her now, she said she applied in 2006. So what's her faith sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nigerianphoenix: 11:43am On Jul 05, 2013
Thanks everyone! I just picked up my passport, but the visa will expire in 2015. I'll graduate in 2017. Is this normal, or is there a mistake in the visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by wabiwabi91: 11:50am On Jul 05, 2013
nigerianphoenix: Thanks everyone! I just picked up my passport, but the visa will expire in 2015. I'll graduate in 2017. Is this normal, or is there a mistake in the visa?

It is normal. The student visas that are given to Nigerians last for only 2 years (blame the Nigerian Government) so you will have to come back in 201d to renew (or do runs and land green card).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:50am On Jul 05, 2013
nigerianphoenix: Thanks everyone! I just picked up my passport, but the visa will expire in 2015. I'll graduate in 2017. Is this normal, or is there a mistake in the visa?

Congrats dear... No cause for alarm.. It is Normal..

Student visas are Issued for a maximum of 2 years.. Of which when it expires, you will Renew it in the US...

So u r good to Go!!!! Enjoy ur stay in America......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:51am On Jul 05, 2013

Congrats dear... No cause for alarm.. It is Normal..

Student visas are Issued for a maximum of 2 years.. Of which when it expires, you will Renew it in the US...

So u r good to Go!!!! Enjoy ur stay in America......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 11:53am On Jul 05, 2013
bones007: please house i have a question, I will be flying emirate to new York and my school is in west Virginia, is it advisable to book the flight from new York to west Virginia prior to my arrival in new York, or i should just go and book the ticket on their decks in new York airport. please which one is much convenience?

Go with Bigfrancis advise dats de best for ur case am goin to west virginia at parkersburg too once I get my visa and dats hw I plan my movement too. So which school re u heading to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:55am On Jul 05, 2013
wabi_wabi_91:

It is normal. The student visas that are given to Nigerians last for only 2 years (blame the Nigerian Government) so you will have to come back in 201d to renew (or do runs and land green card).

No oooo. That's false.. He/she WON'T need to come back to Nigeria...

The visa can be Renewed in the US...

You will just walk into the international student office of your school and explain to them that your Visa has expired, then they will guide you and help you through the whole process of Renewing the Visa there in the US...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 05, 2013

It's no problem, the International Student Service will renew it for u in USA.
Enjoy ur stay! Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
GboyegaD:

What is your major and level of study?
Major is Electrical Engineern. Going for Masters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2013

A visa is only a key into the US. Once you are on status, you don't need it renewed except you are leaving the US, so you have no cause to worry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

You will just walk into the international student office of your school and explain to them that your Visa has expired, then they will guide you and help you through the whole process of Renewing the Visa there in the US...

You don't renew it from the school and it cannot be renewed within the US. You don't need the visa once you are in status except you want to leave the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
Dot1:
Major is Electrical Engineern. Going for Masters

OK thats cool. Quite a number of Nigerians (Graduate and Undergraduate) in Discovery Park where they have the Engineering Departments.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by wabiwabi91: 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Wow. I never knew. And I came back to Nigeria because of renewal. Kai. Ok sha. Thanks for letting me know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2013
GboyegaD:

OK thats cool. Quite a number of Nigerians (Graduate and Undergraduate) in Discovery Park where they have the Engineering Departments.
Dat wud be gud... Anoda thing, on usnews i saw dat d tution fee is $568/credit and d required fee is $281/credit. Does dat means i wil av to pay $(568+281)/credit? Thanx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
GboyegaD:

If you have it, then it is no crime. Abeg, flaunt am wella and make the VO know say if he denies you, he is denying America the opportunity of having you come contribute your quota.

Gbam! Thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hi everyone,

When asked what my sponsor's monthly income is, do i need to give a figure (my mum's doing bz and income not stable).
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Says who?

He either continue studying with expired visa till he can come back to Nigeria or go to nearest country to renew it. However, a friend in Lubbock, TX, just renewed his visa for his 5 years PhD program (same school) at Mexico (country) last week. Still given another 2 years valid visa.

wabi_wabi_91:

Wow. I never knew. And I came back to Nigeria because of renewal. Kai. Ok sha. Thanks for letting me know.

You can't renewed in US. You have to go out of US to renew it..... It's reassessment of status. Even you're applying for H1B, it's given outside US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
valentino81: I asked her now, she said she applied in 2006. So what's her faith sir?

9/11 was 2001. Info started entering main database since then to check terrorism. Even 2006 is just 7 years ago. Well, I don't know her fate but she should verify from other people.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2013
GboyegaD:

I studied in Texas and UNT to be more precised. The cost of living is relatively low compared to some other states, there is a huge number of blacks in the state and most people are friendly perhaps because it is a school environment. The weather is nice and could be extremely hot during summer. If you study hard, you sure will get good grades.

Sorry to interrupt you GboyegaD... Can you please tell me what is the cost of living and schooling in TEXAS?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

Says who?

He either continue studying with expired visa till he can come back to Nigeria or go to nearest country to renew it. However, a friend in Lubbock, TX, just renewed his visa for his 5 years PhD program (same school) at Mexico (country) last week. Still given another 2 years valid visa.

You can't renewed in US. You have to go out of US to renew it..... It's reassessment of status. Even you're applying for H1B, it's given outside US.

Wow!!! Sorry guys.. False alarm....

Just saw it Now on a schools website and they said the easiest way to Renew your visa is to go to Mexico or Canada..

I think I prefer the canada route.. I will have an opportunity of entering Canada.. Lol!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by elkharpone: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hello y'all its been a long time.....bigfrancis I can see you great hand work here....keep it up....where's imperiouxx,ojap,yvete,mamacita and co....just wanna say hi....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
thinksmartalway: BUY YOUR AIRLINE TICKETS EASILY, CHEAPLY AND CONVENIENTLY

Advert section isn't on this thread, it's in this travel section.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

Says who?

I disagree with you on this one. I av never heard of anyone having to come back to renew their student visa. What I know is that as long as you are in status, you can continue to stay in the US. One of the documents that came with my i20 says I can even complete my degree and start another one (like bsc-msc or msc-phd) and still maintain my F1 status. I myt be wrong though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Touchboi: 4:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
annoymous:

I disagree with you on this one. I av never heard of anyone having to come back to renew their student visa. What I know is that as long as you are in status, you can continue to stay in the US. One of the documents that came with my i20 says I can even complete my degree and start another one (like bsc-msc or msc-phd) and still maintain my F1 status. I myt be wrong though.
imperiouxx never disputed that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2013
annoymous:

Read imperiouxx post clearly, He didn't say it is Mandatory for you to come back to Nigeria to Renew your Visa..

He said you CAN keep studying with an expired Visa

But if you feel like Renewing it, then u might have to travel to Nigeria or Mexico..

So he didn't say it is Mandatory for someone to come back to Nigeria oooo. That's NOT what he said. Read it clearly, then u will FULLY understand...

You can keep studying in the US with an expired Visa Only if you are On status and Legal...

But if you need to travel to any other country Outside the US, then you will need to Renew your student visa....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FX(m): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
Pls can someone help me with a very affordable community college in USA where I can study to get an associate degree and work while am studying.
The total fees must be very very very cheap cos am just a guy that wants travel to beta my life.
I can study in any state provided I can work there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.