Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,341 members, 7,843,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488870 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 11:45am On Jul 04, 2013
gurus abeg i wan fill my ds160 now but the thing dey reject my 5 X 5 passport. Is it compulsory to fill the ds 160 with a passport? If i just ignore that passport thing and fill my ds160 like that, will it affect my interview?....please mek una reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 04, 2013
Happy Independence Day!!!
#1776(237years).. YAY! Baba ni father.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 11:58am On Jul 04, 2013
NA CONCORD O......BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON, I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT SINCE YESTERDAY IN THE AFTERNOON TILL NOW.I HAVE CHECKED SEVERALLY BUT IT IS CURRENTLY DISPLAYING NO DATES FOR ABUJA.PLS HELP!
fadinus:

You just have to reapply, it may not be the reason though.

I have seen peeps who have played the visa lottery get their visas and i have seen some get denied.

what university are u applying to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
PLS HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN DENIED?
Y.me@visa.com:

house, am waiting for your candid advice. Please and please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
IM A LADY.....LOL
olarwarlay:

I think Gboyega might be right to some extent...

My brother, let me say this again YOU NEED TO HELP THE GURUS TO HELP YOU OUT OF YOUR DENIALS...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
risher ris: NA CONCORD O......BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON, I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT SINCE YESTERDAY IN THE AFTERNOON TILL NOW.I HAVE CHECKED SEVERALLY BUT IT IS CURRENTLY DISPLAYING NO DATES FOR ABUJA.PLS HELP!

The only magic as to getting a date is to keep checking, also make sure you call the embassy careline from time to time to confirm because i remember someone can't remember who got a date from the careline while the site was busy saying no dates were available.

Check very early in the morning and later at night. Be sure to reserve at least 1 out of the 5 trials in case someone drops info about available dates on the thread.

Wish you luck in your hunt...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
risher ris: IM A LADY.....LOL

My bad.... Post's been edited! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
NOPE...YOU DONT NEED ALL THAT, YOUR PASSPORT WILL BE PINED TO YOUR DS-160 AT THE EMBASSY FOR YOU.....JUST FILL AND PRINT OUT, THEN PROCEED TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT......
coachee1: gurus abeg i wan fill my ds160 now but the thing dey reject my 5 X 5 passport. Is it compulsory to fill the ds 160 with a passport? If i just ignore that passport thing and fill my ds160 like that, will it affect my interview?....please mek una reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
thanks bro...but i have been checking from time to time but no development still the same ever since yesterday.please can you help me with the customer care line pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.thanks to u
olarwarlay:

The only magic as to getting a date is to keep checking, also make sure you call the embassy careline from time to time to confirm because i remember someone can't remember who got a date from the careline while the site was busy saying no dates were available.

Check very early in the morning and later at night. Be sure to reserve at least 1 out of the 5 trials in case someone drops info about available dates on the thread.

Wish you luck in your hunt...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
Hello everyone here I am new here I just want you guys to know some few things. Anyone going for F1 visa interview should try to place GOD first (delight in the LORD and he shall give you your heart desires),pray and prepare don't neglect preparation because You ve prayed and fasted well. PUT Your trust in the LORD .Love you brothers and sisters .......ALL THE BEST !!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2013
how?
olarwarlay:

My bad.... Post's been edited! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
risher ris: thanks bro...but i have been checking from time to time but no development still the same ever since yesterday.please can you help me with the customer care line pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.thanks to u

The careline is 094601748

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
Everything is by the grace of GOD if u were given VISA and not by your power and if u were denied just keep praying for God's favour he loves us and HE doesn't do EVIL and have intent about studying abroad., put God first like I said.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
risher ris: how?

I mean i have edited the original post and made corrections...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2013
oluwatosin4us: Hello everyone here I am new here I just want you guys to know some few things. Anyone going for F1 visa interview should try to place GOD first (delight in the LORD and he shall give you your heart desires),pray and prepare don't neglect preparation because You ve prayed and fasted well. PUT Your trust in the LORD .Love you brothers and sisters .......ALL THE BEST !!!!

oluwatosin4us: Everything is by the grace of GOD if u were given VISA and not by your power and if u were denied just keep praying for God's favour he loves us and HE doesn't do EVIL and have intent about studying abroad., put God first like I said.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice... God Bless You
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
Please gurus, respond to my question.

Hello house,

Reading through the thread got me scared again. I was offered admission at LOYOLA UNIVERSITY CHICAGO and its the only school I applied to in the USA. I hope the school is not an automatic denier like you guyz tag some schools?

Please help, the school has no fantastic ranking buh I like the curriculum of the course (MS Information Technology) I applied for and the fee perfectly suit the budget of my awarded scholarship.

Please help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
Pls help me with my questions..do consulars ask for OND certificates during interview?
To be sincere some of my FRIENDS scores was very poor in their ACT like 12,15,...but they have their I20 without the ACT . Will this score have any effect? HELP ME house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fnykl(m): 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
Hi everyone, please i need information on how i could obtain scholarship to study masters in Communications Engineering or computer engineering. I have B.sc. in computer engineering with GPA of 4.02 and i have MBA from Unilag. I have my certificates and have started the processing of my transcripts.
Please i will appreciate any information on schools i could apply to and get scholarship and how to go about it. I started M.Sc. in ICT at National Open University, but i wish to abandon that and pursue that in Canada. I also wish to proceed to do my doctorate degree after the M.Sc. programs.
Please help i seriously need this. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
fnykl: Hi everyone, please i need information on how i could obtain scholarship to study masters in Communications Engineering or computer engineering. I have B.sc. in computer engineering with GPA of 4.02 and i have MBA from Unilag. I have my certificates and have started the processing of my transcripts.
Please i will appreciate any information on schools i could apply to and get scholarship and how to go about it. I started M.Sc. in ICT at National Open University, but i wish to abandon that and pursue that in Canada. I also wish to proceed to do my doctorate degree after the M.Sc. programs.
Please help i seriously need this. Thanks

You are on u.s student visa thread, u can ask from canada student visa thread
If you are talking about u.s schools the house can give you one or two advice to go about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
risher ris: study this link very well....it is the surest way,
http://www.prosperoverseas.com/i102/content/usa-visa-interview-guide
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2013
oluwatosin4us: Everything is by the grace of GOD if u were given VISA and not by your power and if u were denied just keep praying for God's favour he loves us and HE doesn't do EVIL and have intent about studying abroad., put God first like I said.

i like this and I want GOD's favour too on the day of my own interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
@GboyegaD
Good day Chief. I notice u keep mentioning Texas in ur posts. That made me to tink u myt be studying dere.Dunno if am ryt, tho. If u are, i wil appreciate u jst hint me abt d state, d weather, cost of livin, attitude towards blacks, etc. Cos i'll soon be applyin to TTU & UNT. Av also done some researches online, but itz betta to 'hear' frm d real denizen of d state. Thanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
Dot1: @GboyegaD
Good day Chief. I notice u keep mentioning Texas in ur posts. That made me to tink u myt be studying dere.Dunno if am ryt, tho. If u are, i wil appreciate u jst hint me abt d state, d weather, cost of livin, attitude towards blacks, etc. Cos i'll soon be applyin to TTU & UNT. Av also done some researches online, but itz betta to 'hear' frm d real denizen of d state. Thanx

TX is home, Nigeria far from federal republic of Nigeria. 32 to 39, if not 40 degree Celsius hot during summer (hotter than Nigeria sef), some parts don't even get snows. Black port the place is (lot of blacks) and you walk into many Nigerians in areas like Houston and Dallas. So, going to TX, just think you're going to Nigeria in US but some areas like those closer to NM are different in weather and Nigerian distribution (that's where TTU, Lubbock is). Great state too in term of GDP (one of the richest states in US). Chikena!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ystd4567: 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
Pages filling up quite fast. Great!

@Y.me@visa.com

From your experience posted up here, I seem not to be able to point out distinctly what could have resulted to the denial. All I can say is, give it another try. Wish you success in your next interview.

@risher ris

I don't think your past dv lottery experience is the reason for your denial. My only advice for you is to give it another shot. All the best!

@yomifowe

A lot is wrong with community college(s). I remember bringing this to your attention some weeks back. Your case might be exceptional, it all depends on you and luck.

-------------------------------------------------------

For account statement verification; I got this info from a bank official that consulates(especially those that uses vfs for processing e.g. France, canada etc) usually call in to confirm the authenticity of account statement. Though banks don't disclose account balance but information like account name, transaction activities(lodgement/withdrawal picked at random) are usually asked by the consulate to confirm authenticity of account statement. So, I feel this can be done at the US consultate if they have any reason to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babykonbia: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2013
Great Nairalanders, is it really true that VO's frown at laminated documents?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
babykonbia: Great Nairalanders, is it really true that VO's frown at laminated documents?

Inasmuch the security emblem(s) isn't/ain't concealed..... No qualms!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
foohard: Hello house,

Reading through the thread got me scared again. I was offered admission at LOYOLA UNIVERSITY CHICAGO and its the only school I applied to in the USA. I hope the school is not an automatic denier like you guyz tag some schools?

Please help, the school has no fantastic ranking buh I like the curriculum of the course (MS Information Technology) I applied for and the fee perfectly suit the budget of my awarded scholarship.

Please help.

You can still go ahead with it but don't mention you applied only to one school. Say 3 or 4 and be ready to come up with your imaginary list of schools, including this one you're going to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
@nigerianphoenix,

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
imperiouxx:
TX is home, Nigeria far from federal republic of Nigeria. 32 to 39, if not 40 degree Celsius hot during summer (hotter than Nigeria sef), some parts don't even get snows. Black port the place is (lot of blacks) and you walk into many Nigerians in areas like Houston and Dallas. So, going to TX, just think you're going to Nigeria in US but some areas like those closer to NM are different in weather and Nigerian distribution. Great state too in term of GDP (one of the richest state in US). Chikena!
Thanks Boss. U are always on point. Are u also dere?.....think i now av a good, real info abt d state wit dis invaluable reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
Please house i need your advice. My interview is on monday and summer session starts July 17th, up till now i have not gotten my sponsors statement of account. He is out of town, and he is telling me he has not been able to reach his account officer since last week probably he is on leave and have left town. please it is just tomorrow i have left, what do you suggest i do? The next admission is in october session? Helpppp

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.