Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:23 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489440 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
@Flynbird, don't worry, everything's gonna be fine. Go to Republic of Benin tomorrow and do it by yourself. Do not wait for your cousin anymore. @Fidelia, congrats. Glad to read your success story. The same goes to the other chick. The Ladies seem to be firing at all cylinders haha. Hope to be back next year:-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
kingcobra2003:

@Vivysparkles I know say I no try ooo! cry very sad. She insisted too much even when I told her the man is a contractor and doesn't earn monthly salary. I was FORCED to say something. I thot she meant hw much he gets on an average contract. so saad. But my school resumes on 13 august, is it possible for me to go back and straighten this stuff? just read that one girl who was denied two weeks ago just went back and got it approved.

Of course u can go bck...but before u do, find out his average monthly earnings please or deduce it frm his statements.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
kingcobra2003:

@fidelia.john: pls, wats your story? I'll love to learn from your experience. Thanks.

I have shared it, check the previous post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ms Nas:
Finally!!! cheesy cheesy Feels good to be of help! We were mates in School and Also from the same place grin grin. Words can't describe how happy I am, cos despite all the obstacles you overcame! Cheers to you my sister kiss kiss
Ms Nas u are such a nice person. I thank you for the encouragement, nite prayers, fasting and the mock interview. Good things shall never cease in your life. Ose oremi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
Please, anybody going to NJ in the house It seems am all alone...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
Can someone pls tell me direction from the spot below how i can get to the US embassy ;

1, from CMS to US embassy?
2, from Obalande to US embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
Sup guys I had my interview like 10 days ago at Abuja and my visa isn't ready uptill now. Am I the only person with this kind problem here ni? Please advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
Walspring: Can someone pls tell me direction from the spot below how i can get to the US embassy ;

I have replied Ur mail bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graham123: 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
Please, I'll like to know if I can get a post graduate program admission in any college in the US with a third class honors degree equivalent of below 2.5CGPA (precisely 2.32 in my case, pathetic I know). My degree program was in Zoology (OAU). I'd like to know my chances, if any. I want honest answers however discouraging they may be, so far it is the truth. Not replies to stroke my ego or console my situation as that won't help. What are my available altervatives to study a graduate course in the US. UK is out of the question due to their relatively expensive tuition and living costs. Looking forward to replies from you guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
imperiouxx:

After God na Ms Nas. I don dey vex. I don't talk to you ladies anymore..... and Ms Nas too angry
grin grin Haba Bros, wetin we do? Ki l'ase? Oda, e ma binu ooo! No vex cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 8:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
Chars1289: Good news..My big Bro got his visa approved today at the Abuja Embassy.Here is a transcript of the interview sent in by him..
In his words..I was scheduled 8:00am we were called in around the appointment time. I got inside and did the necessary check.A lady was attending to all,she denied reasonably later went for a break.Here comes dis badoo white guy refusing people like play, denied a pastor going for conference,most ppl dat got the visa were under 17 and they came with there parents.I saw Senator Ayoku Eze, imagine normal senator thing still happen he came with his son...dem sha put dem for front!!!
My blessed interview went this way:
I was scared of going to post 8 where dat white guy dey as he was about to call me cos he was d only attending to pple,na so the security come beg me make I allow one nursing mother to go before me,I proudly allowed them...and dat pave way for my success story, the white lady came back and called for the next applicant. I jump enter counter 6 where she dey sharp sharp,
VO: good morin
Me: how re u doing today (I no smile at all)
VO: so what are going to do in US?
Me: To pursue Master of science degree in Mech engr
VO: How did know about the school?
Me: Thru online research and I liked it because of their rating by US news and Reports of best college 2013 blah blah..
VO:did you apply to other schools
Me: yes yes
VO: name them
Me: USASK,MUN,UMAN, and university of applied science in soest,westhaplia Germany
VO: what is your area of research?
ME: Driver's seat, man-machine relationship..."Ergonomics"
VO: what will u use this degree for?
ME: to work with a profitable Manufacturing Coy in Nigeria with the development of automobile industry in Nigeria like INNOSSON motors in Anambra state
VO: Innosson what?
ME: Innosson motors in Anambra state
VO: is it home breed?
Me: yes yes
VO:who is sponsor?
ME: my father
VO: what does he do?
Me: Told her...
VO: do you have is statement?
Me: yes yes..passed statement of account,fixed deposit n letter of sponsorship,and letter of account summary
VO: she look at the fixed deposit and letter plus the account summary statement...she no open the statement
VO: what is ur field in first degree?
Me: mechanical engineering
VO: which school?
Me: LAUTECH,ogbomoso south west Nigeria
VO: typed for a minute saw something n said wow!!! Your visa blah lbah
Me: thank you (no smile) I rush pack my papers n move
In all I had to repeat my sef twice she almost put mouth for my mouth lol
Thanks to GoD I no go that badt guy side, he denied those after n before me.it was just GOD n prayers n love from ppl in nairaland.
N.B: I dress well for suit and didn't form any English swag
The Lord is so so Marveloussssss
Well, Well. Your bro went to Lautech! Great. Lautech peeps are balling mehn. That makes three of us that we know this week. Me, Fidelia and Your brother! Tell him I said congratulations!!! cool cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
odowetalu: Sup guys I had my interview like 10 days ago at Abuja and my visa isn't ready uptill now. Am I the only person with this kind problem here ni? Please advice.

Have you tried calling the embassy, and i hope you were not contacted to submit other documents after your interview, because this can prolong the processing period.

Another thing is if you got funding from your school, they might be verifying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
Walspring: Can someone pls tell me direction from the spot below how i can get to the US embassy ;

From CMS, get one of those small white buses that go to VI and tell the conductor or driver that you're going to drop at the bridge after officers mess. Around that side where they take speedboats going to Takwa bay.
Cross to the other side, and you'll see a red gate. They might not allow you in if you don't have a car sha. But you'll see people around. They'll tell you how to get in on foot

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
fidelia.john:

Ms Nas u are such a nice person. I thank you for the encouragement, nite prayers, fasting and the mock interview. Good things shall never cease in your life. Ose oremi.
Amen! Amen!! Amen!!! But....what are friends for? *In Jenifa's Voice* grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
babsharon:

You can register for TOEFL from ETS via phone call dial(+31320239593) I think after you have dial the number option 1 is for TOEFL test, Load a recharge card of #500 or more. Try to use GTB Mastercard or if your diamond ATM is also visa card you can use any one of both cards.
I think the details above will help a little. cheers bro.

For TOEFL you will need a functional VISA card for the registration, GTB mastercard does not work. But for GRE I am dead sure you can use your GTB master card... talking from experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 8:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
babsharon:

I have replied Ur mail bro

Okay.. Thanks i got it.. God bless you...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ms Nas:
From CMS, get one of those small white buses that go to VI and tell the conductor or driver that you're going to drop at the bridge after officers mess. Around that side where they take speedboats going to Takwa bay.
Cross to the other side, and you'll see a red gate. They might not allow you in if you don't have a car sha. But you'll see people around. They'll tell you how to get in on foot

Okay.. Thanks i got it.. God bless you...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tinuowo(f): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hello house,my friend was denied this morning. And he is 1 intelligent guy dat i knw but he told me that the man,VO was just bouncing people and that when he was his turn the man just asked him his name and age that was all. He replied him that he is 25. And he typed for like 5mins and said am sorry blah blah. So my friend now asked excuse me sir what is the reason of my denial,you asked me two questions and that was all. He didn't ans him. I pray that man will not be on duty on my own day. God will send him on an assignment that himself didn't plan for.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
I call them like twice daily and they said they are still processing. They didn't ask for any document even during the interview. And no I don't have funding from school.

hope4me2012:

Have you tried calling the embassy, and i hope you were not contacted to submit other documents after your interview, because this can prolong the processing period.

Another thing is if you got funding from your school, they might be verifying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chars1289: 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
@Ms Nas]
Well, Well. Your bro went to Lautech! Great. Lautech peeps are balling mehn. That makes three of us that we know this week. Me, Fidelia and Your brother! Tell him I said congratulations!!!
10ks sis.Greatest Ladokites!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
House,pls I need clarification on this, I read an interview here last week when d lady said dey passed her no n she later walked up to d lady she saw issuing visa at higher rate n she got it n tonite again another guy said he quickly jump to d counter of d lady issuing, ystday at embassy I also saw a lady issuing but pples no were popping up n dats where u will go even wen I saw dat d guys were denying everybody my Q s dat can I sit back n not go if my no pops up at a wrong counter n wat will happen cos I saw my passport wit document infront of d guy already, am very sure if I was interviewed by a lady I would av gotten it cos they r just lively n ask enuf Q b4 deciding

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zynnnie: 9:00pm On Jul 18, 2013
OjaP: @ Zynnie: Congratulations. I am so happy for you, I particularly like how you made the V.0 dance to your tune. grin

thank you.couldn't have done it without the help of this thread and ofcourse God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
conyema12:

For TOEFL you will need a functional VISA card for the registration, GTB mastercard does not work. But for GRE I am dead sure you can use your GTB master card... talking from experience.

Yeah what u said were right but I used fidelity bank visa card during My own time which was α month ago.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
tinuowo: Hello house,my friend was denied this morning. And he is 1 intelligent guy dat i knw but he told me that the man,VO was just bouncing people and that when he was his turn the man just asked him his name and age that was all. He replied him that he is 25. And he typed for like 5mins and said am sorry blah blah. So my friend now asked excuse me sir what is the reason of my denial,you asked me two questions and that was all. He didn't ans him. I pray that man will not be on duty on my own day. God will send him on an assignment that himself didn't plan for.
that was what I experienced yesterday , I even thought dat wasn't the real interview until d guy said sorry blah blah honestly I don't pray to meet a guy never not even at this time wen to get date s almost impossible n dey treat pple unfairly just keep praying against them, they really didn't acted fairly but their is God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
Chars1289: @Ms Nas]
Well, Well. Your bro went to Lautech! Great. Lautech peeps are balling mehn. That makes three of us that we know this week. Me, Fidelia and Your brother! Tell him I said congratulations!!!
10ks sis.Greatest Ladokites!!!
great!! cool
Bimmey: House,pls I need clarification on this, I read an interview here last week when d lady said dey passed her no n she later walked up to d lady she saw issuing visa at higher rate n she got it n tonite again another guy said he quickly jump to d counter of d lady issuing, ystday at embassy I also saw a lady issuing but pples no were popping up n dats where u will go even wen I saw dat d guys.my Q s dat can I sit back n not go if my no pops up at a wrong counter n wat will happen cos I saw my passport wit document infront of d guy already, am very sure if I was interviewed by a lady I would av gotten it cos they r just lively n ask enuf Q b4 deciding

I'm the lady who they skipped her number! grin. I dunno how they do it in Abuja oo, but in Lagos..they have this electronic display (like the ones you see at fast foods). So when your number comes up and you don't come forward, they will use PA system to announce.
I'm pretty sure mine was skipped tho, cos my eyes were just roving through all the displays. The thing went from 118 straight to 120 in front of my eyes korokoro. Na then I begin fear! cheesy.
Even sef, the ticket wasn't the original one I picked.

I initially printed 120, but immediately I got on the queue for biometrics, the security guy had the 119 with him (dunno where he got it), he gave that to me, collected my 120 and gave my 120 to the person after me after collecting her 121 and so on like that. Let's just say that happened just so I could get my visa, cos my original 120 was denied. 121 too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mckenziiii: 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
Bimmey: that was what I experienced yesterday , I even thought dat wasn't the real interview until d guy said sorry blah blah honestly I don't pray to meet a guy never not even at this time wen to get date s almost impossible n dey treat pple unfairly just keep praying against them, they really didn't acted fairly but their is God
.same to me too just two questions,purpose of trip n why d skool n I ansd d guy send am sorii,dats my 3rd time.but not giving up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graham123: 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2013
Please, I'll like to know if I can get a
post graduate program admission in
any college in the US with a third
class honors degree equivalent of
below 2.5CGPA (precisely 2.32 in my
case, pathetic I know). My degree
program was in Zoology (OAU). I'd like
to know my chances, if any. I want
honest answers however discouraging
they may be, so far it is the truth. Not
replies to stroke my ego or console
my situation as that won't help. What
are my available altervatives to study
a graduate course in the US. UK is out
of the question due to their relatively
expensive tuition and living costs.
Looking forward to replies from you
guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
@ Graham

I have two questions for you.

- How do you know your third class is less than 2.5 US GPA?

- Are you coming here for MS in Zoology or planning to change field?

I won't advise you to come here and study Zoology unless you want to go further to PhD and be a professor. You may want to change your field entirely to what you think can sell in the US. That said, be warned that you may not get any scholarship or funding except a campus job if you are lucky.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graham123: 9:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
OjaP: @ Graham

I have two questions for you.

- How do you know your third class is less than 2.5 US GPA?

- Are you coming here for MS in Zoology or planning to change field?

I won't advise you to come here and study Zoology unless you want to go further to PhD and be a professor. You may want to change your field entirely to what you think can sell in the US. That said, be warned that you may not get any scholarship or funding except a campus job if you are lucky.
Thanks, you have been really helpful to start with. I stated earlier that my CGPA is 2.3 but I haven't converted through WES to the US equivalent although I strongly doubt if it will be above US 2.5 CGPA.
I actually intend changing to a better, more lucrative program if permitted but having a career as a professor wouldn't be entirely discarded either.
I just want to know my chances of getting an admission with the third class. Funding and scholarship shouldn't be a problem as I have adequate provision for expenses. Suggestions of likely colleges, if any, to accept me will be appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ms Nas:
great!! cool

I'm the lady who they skipped her number! grin. I dunno how they do it in Abuja oo, but in Lagos..they have this electronic display (like the ones you see at fast foods). So when your number comes up and you don't come forward, they will use PA system to announce.
I'm pretty sure mine was skipped tho, cos my eyes were just roving through all the displays. The thing went from 118 straight to 120 in front of my eyes korokoro. Na then I begin fear! cheesy.
Even sef, the ticket wasn't the original one I picked.

I initially printed 120, but immediately I got on the queue for biometrics, the security guy had the 119 with him (dunno where he got it), he gave that to me, collected my 120 and gave my 120 to the person after me after collecting her 121 and so on like that. Let's just say that happened just so I could get my visa, cos my original 120 was denied. 121 too
yes I was also in lagos n d annoying tin was that I saw d lady at counter one issuing at 90percent n d guys denying everybdy n d number forced me to dis wrong guy dat didn't justify d reason for denying me. It just like a day light robbery of my money n chance. So ur no did not show up n u walkd to d lady n nobody said anytin n ystday my own passport n doc was not wit me cos dey collected it from us at one counter, how did u do ur own pls kindly explain
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by KehindeOseni: 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Thanks everyone for your concerns as per the SEVIS fee, it finally came up around 7pm and I've printed it. Looking forward to a graceful day tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
WildChild00:

One thing I seems not to understand about this student visa stuff is that wen one is refused visa, he/she can not appeal, one has to either start all over again, in terms of paying new visa fee.
Yes o broda, the USA is making a lot of revenue, i went there on monday 7:30, saw lyk 1000 people, lets calculate, $200*1000, dats a lot of money in a day. And this visa is lyk lottery, sometimes they fell lyk giving visa to people, a times they decides to deny, bet why, because all of us wan leave naija... and me go leave one day, or start revolution 4 naija and be lyk MADIBA.
Happy birthday to a legend Nelson Mandela, MADIBA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.