Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,597 members, 7,851,024 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:21 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489423 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kwizzy212: 1:03am On Jul 19, 2013
technolee:
Exactly the reason for my comment. We need to define the link well for the benefit of party A and B. If A pays, is it sure that B will pay rather than telling the story of world's creation and vice versa. Kwizzy man, friends and relatives disappoints on the issue of SEVIS payment so, how do you think we can go about it so that every member of the house will benefit?

I have no problem making the payment before collecting the money.. I am just afraid to lose my money... Maybe we should do this send me your username on NL a copy of passport and i20 then if I Make the payment you then pay my money.. At lest I would know who I am dealing with

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 1:26am On Jul 19, 2013
kwizzy212:

I have no problem making the payment before collecting the money.. I am just afraid to lose my money... Maybe we should do this send me your username on NL a copy of passport and i20 then if I Make the payment you then pay my money.. At lest I would know who I am dealing with
Okay. FYI, I was speaking in the voice of other members of the house. I am not ready to make the payment as I have deferred my offer of admission plus I have my way around the payment whenever am ready. Thank you very much for your goodwill and I wish you all the best. Enjoy your weekend
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 1:31am On Jul 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Can you believe I'm still using my Nokia E71 I brought from Nigeria? undecided

Lol that is okay bro...am sure u love the phone that is why u still keeping it lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:41am On Jul 19, 2013
kwizzy212:

That's risky. How many people will you do that for? Some people will just send you all these and after they av printed their receipt, will disappear. Tread carefully, bro.

Btw, all those looking for dates, be on the lookout today as I've noticed that dates have usually been released on Friday mornings in the past.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theHanafis(m): 6:05am On Jul 19, 2013
@lamchux tnks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by seunolumonday(f): 6:55am On Jul 19, 2013
Pls ms-nas could u send ur bb pin to my email addy:seunshow2001@yahoo.com and pls go thru my post.thank u
Ms Nas:
Amen! Amen!! Amen!!! But....what are friends for? *In Jenifa's Voice* grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by seunolumonday(f): 7:11am On Jul 19, 2013
Pls ojap could u send ur bb pin to my email addy:seunshow2001@yahoo.com and pls go thru my post.thank u
OjaP:

We can always discuss it here so others can learn from it too. I am open to talking privately too only if you have some private info you don't want to disclose in public. You know where and how to find me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2013
kofsy: Flynbird, pls take it easy dear! Just be calm... Then think! Think! Think! Worrying or being pissed will not solve the issue. Be concerned about the way forward now! At this time, using gieva is no longer an option. The only option is to go to cotonou. Get a good night rest tonight, and join the first bus leaving for cotonou tomorrow from oshodi. It is going to be well. smiley smiley pele luv. I see you eventually getting your visa with ease come wednesday. wink wink

@bigfrancis, you see what I was telling you about relatives? Smh

This isn't enough basis for conclusion and truthfully, I don't think it is ideal blaming the guy. Although, ignorance isn't an excuse but one thing I am sure of is that "All things work together for good"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2013
Walspring: Lemme tell you the truth.. You cousin deecided to use moneygram cos its cheaper while western union is cost.. Dont mind you cousin he is running for the western union charges... Just appeal to him and beg him in JESUS name to go back to MG and as for refund and he can go to WU and do it today and tomorrow or monday you will see your sevis receipt online and print it out.

How did you arrive at this conclusion? I think rather than inciting him, it is better you help him with a solution and words to help relax his mind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2013
Graham123: Please, I'll like to know if I can get a post graduate program admission in any college in the US with a third class honors degree equivalent of below 2.5CGPA (precisely 2.32 in my case, pathetic I know). My degree program was in Zoology (OAU). I'd like to know my chances, if any. I want honest answers however discouraging they may be, so far it is the truth. Not replies to stroke my ego or console my situation as that won't help. What are my available altervatives to study a graduate course in the US. UK is out of the question due to their relatively expensive tuition and living costs. Looking forward to replies from you guys.

Your chances of getting directly into a Masters program is very slim however, some schools might give you an option to take some undergraduate hours to meet up for the Masters program which I can tell you isn't a bad idea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:58am On Jul 19, 2013
smithremmy:

hmm guys nawa for una i geuss minesota guys plenty for here anyway i be california student guys i never see date ooo help me cos lagos is filed up now and my school resume 8th aug and they mail me about giving me spring and in abuja is aug 5 date and in my form i already put departing lagos aug 5 can i change my application that i have submit now that the date is same as appoinment date

here is the mail

Hello,
Thank you for being patient while I responded to your emails.

Unfortunately I cannot do anything to speed up your visa process or allow you to arrive late. My best suggestion to you would be to defer your attendance to our spring semester (January). You would then have plenty of time to schedule for your visa in the coming months.

I will begin deferring applications in the next couple of weeks. I would need to send you a new I-20 for a deferment.

Let me know if that is something you are interested in.

Call them on phone and book. 094601748
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:00am On Jul 19, 2013
theHanafis: House,I asked a question on how to register for TOEFL test myself using GT Bank account or diamond.pls can som1 kindly reply my Questn.

You can register by call. You'll use your GTB card preferably. Then you'll also need to have an account on www.ets.org/toefl. When you call ETS, they'll ask you for their details and log in themselves over there and register you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:01am On Jul 19, 2013
Bimmey: House,pls I need clarification on this, I read an interview here last week when d lady said dey passed her no n she later walked up to d lady she saw issuing visa at higher rate n she got it n tonite again another guy said he quickly jump to d counter of d lady issuing, ystday at embassy I also saw a lady issuing but pples no were popping up n dats where u will go even wen I saw dat d guys were denying everybody my Q s dat can I sit back n not go if my no pops up at a wrong counter n wat will happen cos I saw my passport wit document infront of d guy already, am very sure if I was interviewed by a lady I would av gotten it cos they r just lively n ask enuf Q b4 deciding

If you think your visa issuance is in the hands of a VO then you can do that however, if you believe it is in the hands of God and your own, then, follow the number tag.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:01am On Jul 19, 2013
yomifowe:

I am almost 35 and going for Undergrad degree. What should i do pls?

Now you've opened up about your problem. This is your main problem, not even the interview. That is not a good sight for the VOs. Why don't you try postgraduate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 8:02am On Jul 19, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Call them on phone and book. 094601748

BigFrancis, this is an Abuja land line. Does this number also apply for those who wish to book appointments in Lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:04am On Jul 19, 2013
Find Out!:

BigFrancis, this is an Abuja land line. Does this number also apply for those who wish to book appointments in Lagos?

Yes it also does apply to Lagos embassy. A friend of mine booked a Lagos appointment yesterday using the same line. The line is a central line that serves both embassies, though domiciled in Abuja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 8:10am On Jul 19, 2013
theHanafis: @lamchux tnks

You'r welcome broda...When you try it, pls lemme know if it goes thru...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:12am On Jul 19, 2013
smoothcool: Please my school is resuming on 12th August and I need a date urgently,please if anyone is dropping his or her date in lagos please email me on adelekesamson2010@yahoo.com

Call the number I dropped above and book your appointment, whether for Lagos or Abuja. Wait till 9am to call. They start work by 8am GMT which is our 9am since we are 1 hour ahead of the GMT.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:16am On Jul 19, 2013
Ms Nas:
I don't think thet tactic works in Lagos anymore grin. Everything is now automated, your number just pops up automatically. If you don't answer, they will keep using Public Address to call you cheesy

It wasn't used in Lagos then. It was only in Abuja that it works because it isn't automated yet I presume.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 8:21am On Jul 19, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Yes it also does apply to Lagos embassy. A friend of mine booked a Lagos appointment yesterday using the same line. The line is a central line that serves both embassies, though domiciled in Abuja.

Wow! Thanks a lot bro! Will call them at 9 this morning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:21am On Jul 19, 2013
[quote author=kwizzy212][/quote]

Whilst your intention could be seen as genuine, nevertheless, be mindful of the commitment you are making as I do not see the possibility of paying and getting the reciept within 2 - 3hours and also, the fact that there is a time difference between Nigeria and America, I don't see it working that people should stay at your sister's place while they wait for their receipt except your sister is going to lodge them for the night at least.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 19, 2013
OjaP:

We can always discuss it here so others can learn from it too. I am open to talking privately too only if you have some private info you don't want to disclose in public. You know where and how to find me.
can i have your email please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:30am On Jul 19, 2013
Kehinde Oseni: Good day house, my interview is tomorrow 10am in Abuja but my SEvIS fee payment is still been process though payment has been received (called SEVIS). Should I still wait till evening or cancel my appointment. If I am too cancel it hope it isn't too late. I have sent a mail to DHS and I'm awaiting there reply.

My cousin in canada paid my SEVIS fee through the money order option. He obtained a money order/bank draft of $200 and mailed the money order together with the form I-901(which I downloaded online from www.fmjfee.com and filled electronically right there on my system using adobe reader and emailed to him) to SEVP in US. That day that day my package got to them, my details were updated online that same day. I have my SEVIS receipt with me.

What could be the problem with yours? I understand now that SEVP has hastened their processing time and speed given the huge volume of student applicants paying SEVIS fees at this time and booking appointments.

In case it still doesn't reflect by today, being your interview date, don't cancel your appointment. You either attend the interview and be told to return again when the payment reflects (you'll be given a return slip to this effect) or you just don't attend the interview today and call the embassy later to book for another date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 8:31am On Jul 19, 2013
Please Nlanders travelin on monday 22 jul wit arik to JFK or kansas shud quote me so I can send u a PM. Don't wanna b bored
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 19, 2013
A little bit confused. Got admitted into Naija university but wanna study in the States, hoping to travel maybe by August 2014. When applying to US school, do i apply as freshman or a transfer student? And can i resume school in january if i get visa before then? Is it easy for VOs to grant visas to transferring students? Advice/answers needed. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 19, 2013
Ms Nas:
I don't think thet tactic works in Lagos anymore grin. Everything is now automated, your number just pops up automatically. If you don't answer, they will keep using Public Address to call you cheesy

See wicked way! My people, ASUU's demands should be met.FG must reform this sector and power's.See Sen.Eze seeing his kid off to America while we are languishing with strikes and poor learning conditions.I'm sadden!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:40am On Jul 19, 2013
Congratulations Fidelia, Chars' big bro and Zynnie. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:42am On Jul 19, 2013
hope4me2012:

Have you tried calling the embassy, and i hope you were not contacted to submit other documents after your interview, because this can prolong the processing period.

Another thing is if you got funding from your school, they might be verifying.

Not even might, THEY ARE. I believe that the 3 days processing time after visa approval is used to perform background checks on the applicants and even security checks too. Americans won't just let you into their country anyhow, definitely not now when terrorism is rife.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:49am On Jul 19, 2013
Kehinde Oseni: Thanks everyone for your concerns as per the SEVIS fee, it finally came up around 7pm and I've printed it. Looking forward to a graceful day tomorrow.

Oh, I see you already solved your problem. Wishing you success today, man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:57am On Jul 19, 2013
Ms Nas:
Okay, this is how it happened.
We were in a straight file before entering the interview hall. And as we entered, there was another line for the initial checking of docs. Those doing that are Nigerians, I presume. Okay, so immediately I entered and joined that line, the security guy asked me to bring the slip I had with me (which contained number 120) and gave me one, which is 119. I dunno where he got it oo. He then gave my 120 to the girl behind me, collected her own 121, and gave it to the person behind her, collected that one's 122 and gave him 121 and so on.

The line moved quite fast and 119 showed on a guy's screen. There, the guy asked for my documents, perused it and gave me back the rest, except for my I-20 and my DS-160. He told me to go and sit down and that I'll soon be called for biometrics. After a while, my number showed on counter 7, which is where they do biometrics and the lady already had my passports and docs with her. She did the biometrics, returned my documents to me and told me to take a seat, that I'll soon be called for the interview.

Lo and behold, I sat there for like one hour and my number didn't come up. Those that we came in together had loong gone. When I couldn't take it anymore, I approached a security guy and told him, he said I should go and sit down that they'll call me, but I was adamant cos they had loooonnng passed my number. He said OK then, once you see any of the VOs that are free, just go to him/her.

As luck will have it, I sat down in the row in front of the white lady and immediately she finished somebody's interview I went to her. She was like "Did I call you?" I said no, and I held up my number and said "see, they skipped me" She said "oooohhh, we're so sorry, but you can see I already called someone, kindly wait till I finish with her and you can come"

She was even the one that called me when she finished. She was like " will ticket number 119 please come forward?"

The rest is history oo.
My story is long, I know. Sorry sad

You're indeed a smart person. I like smart people. People who know the right thing to do at the right time. Keep it up. It will take you places.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 19, 2013
maxwello.yg:
A little bit confused. Got admitted into Naija university but wanna study in the States, hoping to travel maybe by August 2014. When applying to US school, do i apply as freshman or a transfer student? And can i resume school in january if i get visa before then? Is it easy for VOs to grant visas to transferring students? Advice/answers needed. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graham123: 9:04am On Jul 19, 2013
GboyegaD:

Your chances of getting directly into a Masters program is very slim however, some schools might give you an option to take some undergraduate hours to meet up for the Masters program which I can tell you isn't a bad idea.
Thanks Gboyega, any idea of such schools that offer the option you mentioned above and do you know anybody in similar situation as mine that has gone through that route? Google isn't helping really; a freaking lot of skewed search results. Nairaland have been a breath of fresh air by the way. More suggestions needed from people please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.