Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488288 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
Graham123:
Thanks, you have been really helpful to start with. I stated earlier that my CGPA is 2.3 but I haven't converted through WES to the US equivalent although I strongly doubt if it will be above US 2.5 CGPA.
I actually intend changing to a better, more lucrative program if permitted but having a career as a professor wouldn't be entirely discarded either.
I just want to know my chances of getting an admission with the third class. Funding and scholarship shouldn't be a problem as I have adequate provision for expenses. Suggestions of likely colleges, if any, to accept me will be appreciated.

Don't stress it, you will get an admission. First, send your transcript to WES for conversion. You should still be able to get a WES GPA within the range of 2.4 - 2.5. There are schools that will give you a "conditional" admission with that. If you have good grades in your senior years or 300-400L, then you should have a 2.5 GPA when converted. Most of the classes you take in your 100 and 200L carry lesser credit units.

Again, what field are you switching to? Answer this and we will go from there.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
mckenziiii: .same to me too just two questions,purpose of trip n why d skool n I ansd d guy send am sorii,dats my 3rd time.but not giving up
I tink guys dia r no go are lately. So annoying cos getting date now is war when school resumption is less dan a month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 9:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
[quote author=olarwarlay]@Obsy2020 - Congrats bro... Remember I told You God doesn't fail when You put all your trust in Him.

I'm so happy for You... Cheers!

i see you applied to VIU b4 and got denied, and i can see now that you applied to MSU, and got your visa, for BSC. Bro am in the same shoe now, just got denied maybe because of VIU, help me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
Bimmey: yes I was also in lagos n d annoying tin was that I saw d lady at counter one issuing at 90percent n d guys denying everybdy n d number forced me to dis wrong guy dat didn't justify d reason for denying me. It just like a day light robbery of my money n chance. So ur no did not show up n u walkd to d lady n nobody said anytin n ystday my own passport n doc was not wit me cos dey collected it from us at one counter, how did u do ur own pls kindly explain

What about that our skill-going to force a pee at the ladies and gents? I think we need that tactic back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
[quote author=olarwarlay]@Obsy2020 - Congrats bro... Remember I told You God doesn't fail when You put all your trust in Him.

I'm so happy for You... Cheers!

i see you applied to VIU b4 and got denied, and i can see now that you applied to MSU, and got your visa, for BSC. Bro am in the same shoe now, just got denied maybe because of VIU, help me. That asian guy dey look me lyk thief after checking my I 20, and me don tire because of the fucking protocols
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graham123: 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
OjaP:

Don't stress it, you will get an admission. First, send your transcript to WES for conversion. You should still be able to get a WES GPA within the range of 2.4 - 2.5. There are schools that will give you a "conditional" admission with that. If you have good grades in your senior years or 300-400L, then you should have a 2.5 GPA when converted. Most of the classes you take in your 100 and 200L carry lesser credit units.

Again, what field are you switching to? Answer this and we will go from there.
Sounds good, thanks. I'm thinking of Nursing actually but I'm still open to further options. With a bit more research and advice, I will make a decision soon.
Perhaps you can be of more help if we move this discussion to a private quarter, only if you are willing to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
Graham123:
Sounds good, thanks. I'm thinking of Nursing actually but I'm still open to further options. With a bit more research and advice, I will make a decision soon.
Perhaps you can be of more help if we move this discussion to a private quarter, only if you are willing to.

We can always discuss it here so others can learn from it too. I am open to talking privately too only if you have some private info you don't want to disclose in public. You know where and how to find me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graham123: 10:12pm On Jul 18, 2013
OjaP:

We can always discuss it here so others can learn from it too. I am open to talking privately too only if you have some private info you don't want to disclose in public. You know where and how to find me.
Okay then, you made a good point. Any suggestion about schools where I have a shot? I'm studying intensely for the GRE so I can ace it, maybe it will strengthen my application, yes?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
ferdimako:

What about that our skill-going to force a pee at the ladies and gents? I think we need that tactic back.
but they will kip calling ur no, d girl dat hold d no b4 mine ysterdy probably wantd to do cus wen her no showd on d guy counter she did nt cme out but dey kip waiting for her to cme n d no didn't change until she came out .d guy spent lik 4min from no 150 to my no 155 n denied 5 of us within dat min wen some lady vo spent more dan dat on one person. So if we use dat ur mtd do u tink dat will change anytin cos my passport was with d guy alredi n I don't knw if dey will transfer it to anoda vo if u don't come out. Pls explain beta if u av knowldge of how dat works
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 10:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
babsharon:
Naso baba imperiouxx !!! 0kunrin lagba

cheesy wink

fidelia.john:

Y u dey jealous woman now. Ok after Ms Nas u follow grin

Ms Nas:
grin grin Haba Bros, wetin we do? Ki l'ase? Oda, e ma binu ooo! No vex cheesy

cheesy kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kwizzy212: 10:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
[color=#990000 Fellow NLers I was once on this trade like you guys 3 years ago, I am happy with good storie here. I have been helping people pay for thier SEVIS Fee cuz I know how it feels to travel all the way to seme incase if any of you guys wants to pay for your SEVIS fee you can hit me up my email is mk_4fana@yahoo.com and you would give my money to my sister there in Lagos. Just my little support. One love [/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 10:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
OGA do you think nigerians are fools to give money to your sister at lagos for sevis fee payment, what abt a maximum guarantee explain urself better
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 10:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Bimmey: yes I was also in lagos n d annoying tin was that I saw d lady at counter one issuing at 90percent n d guys denying everybdy n d number forced me to dis wrong guy dat didn't justify d reason for denying me. It just like a day light robbery of my money n chance. So ur no did not show up n u walkd to d lady n nobody said anytin n ystday my own passport n doc was not wit me cos dey collected it from us at one counter, how did u do ur own pls kindly explain
Okay, this is how it happened.
We were in a straight file before entering the interview hall. And as we entered, there was another line for the initial checking of docs. Those doing that are Nigerians, I presume. Okay, so immediately I entered and joined that line, the security guy asked me to bring the slip I had with me (which contained number 120) and gave me one, which is 119. I dunno where he got it oo. He then gave my 120 to the girl behind me, collected her own 121, and gave it to the person behind her, collected that one's 122 and gave him 121 and so on.

The line moved quite fast and 119 showed on a guy's screen. There, the guy asked for my documents, perused it and gave me back the rest, except for my I-20 and my DS-160. He told me to go and sit down and that I'll soon be called for biometrics. After a while, my number showed on counter 7, which is where they do biometrics and the lady already had my passports and docs with her. She did the biometrics, returned my documents to me and told me to take a seat, that I'll soon be called for the interview.

Lo and behold, I sat there for like one hour and my number didn't come up. Those that we came in together had loong gone. When I couldn't take it anymore, I approached a security guy and told him, he said I should go and sit down that they'll call me, but I was adamant cos they had loooonnng passed my number. He said OK then, once you see any of the VOs that are free, just go to him/her.

As luck will have it, I sat down in the row in front of the white lady and immediately she finished somebody's interview I went to her. She was like "Did I call you?" I said no, and I held up my number and said "see, they skipped me" She said "oooohhh, we're so sorry, but you can see I already called someone, kindly wait till I finish with her and you can come"

She was even the one that called me when she finished. She was like " will ticket number 119 please come forward?"

The rest is history oo.
My story is long, I know. Sorry sad

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 10:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
ferdimako:

I don't think thet tactic works in Lagos anymore grin. Everything is now automated, your number just pops up automatically. If you don't answer, they will keep using Public Address to call you cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kwizzy212: 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
smithjanetstore: OGA do you think nigerians are fools to give money to your sister at lagos for sevis fee payment, what abt a maximum guarantee explain urself better
[quote author=smithjanetstore] Oga nobody is here for your money ok.. It's something I have passed through. I'm here just to help out those who wants..I would give you my sis address you go there chill under AC while I pay for your sevis fee what about that..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 11:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
Kehinde Oseni: Good day house, my interview is tomorrow 10am in Abuja but my SEvIS fee payment is still been process though payment has been received (called SEVIS). Should I still wait till evening or cancel my appointment. If I am too cancel it hope it isn't too late. I have sent a mail to DHS and I'm awaiting there reply.

Bro dont bother to cancel your appointment atall because it gonna be a waste of money...Because appointment are to be cancelled 5days before the appointment date. bro..sorry it too late....Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
DATES ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR ABUJA!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 11:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
omg_star: DATES ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR ABUJA!!!
Someone please beg the embassy peeps to release Lagos o. Just used my last daily try for Lagos about 5 minutes ago, nothing! By the way, please what dates are available in Abuja currently?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 11:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
kwizzy212: [color=#990000 Fellow NLers I was once on this trade like you guys 3 years ago, I am happy with good storie here. I have been helping people pay for thier SEVIS Fee cuz I know how it feels to travel all the way to seme incase if any of you guys wants to pay for your SEVIS fee you can hit me up my email is mk_4fana@yahoo.com and you would give my money to my sister there in Lagos. Just my little support. One love [/color]
Whao! This is so kind of you. I have been waiting for an opportunity like this since I joined the forum. Hahahahahahaha!!! You think you have found a buffoon shey? Your best bet is to help guys make the payment and when they get the confirmation from fmjfee, they can proceed to pay your sister..... 'G.i.e.v.a or seme things na the surest banka'. Beware of 'Limpopo' members my fellow NL's.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kwizzy212: 11:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
technolee:
Whao! This is so kind of you. I have been waiting for an opportunity like this since I joined the forum. Hahahahahahaha!!! You think you have found a buffoon shey? Your best bet is to help guys make the payment and when they get the confirmation from fmjfee, they can proceed to pay your sister..... 'G.i.e.v.a or seme things na the surest banka'. Beware of 'Limpopo' members my fellow NL's.

See I'm a student Just like you Oga at Cuny.. Na here I get my visa right from NL.. On this trade you can check my pre posts I have be a member of this trade since 3 years ago....I know you don't have to trust anyone. Good luck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kwizzy212: 11:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
If I make the payment ... How sure is it I go get my money... As long have I'm sure I would get my money back I would def pay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kwizzy212: 11:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
If I make the payment ... How sure is it I go get my money... As long as u assure me I would get my money back I would def pay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ms Nas:
Okay, this is how it happened.
We were in a straight file before entering the interview hall. And as we entered, there was another line for the initial checking of docs. Those doing that are Nigerians, I presume. Okay, so immediately I entered and joined that line, the security guy asked me to bring the slip I had with me (which contained number 120) and gave me one, which is 119. I dunno where he got it oo. He then gave my 120 to the girl behind me, collected her own 121, and gave it to the person behind her, collected that one's 122 and gave him 121 and so on.

The line moved quite fast and 119 showed on a guy's screen. There, the guy asked for my documents, perused it and gave me back the rest, except for my I-20 and my DS-160. He told me to go and sit down and that I'll soon be called for biometrics. After a while, my number showed on counter 7, which is where they do biometrics and the lady already had my passports and docs with her. She did the biometrics, returned my documents to me and told me to take a seat, that I'll soon be called for the interview.

Lo and behold, I sat there for like one hour and my number didn't come up. Those that we came in together had loong gone. When I couldn't take it anymore, I approached a security guy and told him, he said I should go and sit down that they'll call me, but I was adamant cos they had loooonnng passed my number. He said OK then, once you see any of the VOs that are free, just go to him/her.

As luck will have it, I sat down in the row in front of the white lady and immediately she finished somebody's interview I went to her. She was like "Did I call you?" I said no, and I held up my number and said "see, they skipped me" She said "oooohhh, we're so sorry, but you can see I already called someone, kindly wait till I finish with her and you can come"

She was even the one that called me when she finished. She was like " will ticket number 119 please come forward?"

The rest is history oo.
My story is long, I know. Sorry sad
thanks I tink u av ansd n make tins more clearer but wat hapnd to me ystdy was different, its wat hapnd to u abt biometric dat I was expecting. It was d guy dat calld me for biometric dat after d biometric he started asking Q n I ansd, I thut he wuld give me my doc like u explained n I will seat down n wait for my no to show. Dis s really somehow. Thanks for d explanation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 12:02am On Jul 19, 2013
kwizzy212: If I make the payment ... How sure is it I go get my money... As long have I'm sure I would get my money back I would def pay

cheesy cheesy cheesy This your last post got me laughing hard. Now you understand the deficit of trust in Nigerians. You don't trust them and they don't trust you too. So no contract.

Lest I forget, your kind gesture is appreciated but I don't think most peeps here will subscribe to it.

Yoruba proverb : "Awon eyan buruku ti ba eyan rere je"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 12:02am On Jul 19, 2013
pls kindly state d dates so we know d date to expect if n wen lagos choose to release date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 12:10am On Jul 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Sure!
@ Mr imperiouxx cna you pls send me your BB PIN,i really need your help in some questions...pls email me your PIN eedris_70@yahoo.com Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 12:14am On Jul 19, 2013
Guy, ping me let's talk jor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 12:16am On Jul 19, 2013
kwizzy212: If I make the payment ... How sure is it I go get my money... As long as u assure me I would get my money back I would def pay
Exactly the reason for my comment. We need to define the link well for the benefit of party A and B. If A pays, is it sure that B will pay rather than telling the story of world's creation and vice versa. Kwizzy man, friends and relatives disappoints on the issue of SEVIS payment so, how do you think we can go about it so that every member of the house will benefit?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 12:16am On Jul 19, 2013
zynnnie: Got my visa approved today. I couldn't sleep last night and I got to the embassy by 6.30am and the whole security check was annoying. The chair movement was exhausting. After the thump prints I was chilling and saw them bounce a lot of pple esp conference attenders. the Asian guy was OK but will drill u, window 2 was a smiling dragon. Smiling and bouncing ur arse. My interview went like this . I was interviewed by the black woman.

I was only Seeing her mouth move and the confident spirit over took mi I said. Sorry madam I can't hear u
VO: apologising and increasing the mic.

VO: when did you graduate
ME: 2009, studied law in Madonna university

VO: ohh lawyer, so what have you been doing since then
ME: I went to NYSC and served in XYZ oil coy in Lagos, then proceeded to law school in Lagos in 2011, then got a job as an associate in law firm and praticed for one year, then left for xyz bank in 2012...

VO: hmmmmm you seem to everywhere
Me: yes I move with the economy of the country.

VO : so what do u do now
Me: I was with xyz bank untill may when I resigned. I worked with the HOUR dept so I got first hand information about sacking of contract workers and since I was a contract worker I honourably resigned before they could sack me. the works ave been sacked and are on d streets with ply card protesting.

VO: so u r a protester
Me: no, I resigned. I was not sacked. Am not aggrieved at all.
VOsadsmiling) that's OK.
Who is your sponsor
Me: my uncle

VO: Why not your parent: my kids brother got admission in Uk for January so they will sponsor him, besides their priority for me is marriage. But I want to quickly get my masters before marriage will interrupt it.

VO: (smiling) parents and marriage she murmured.
So why will your uncle sponsor you, doesn't he have kids:
Me: his kids are still little and besides I just recently discorved 12 ghost workers in his company, so he is indeed grateful and wants Me to d coy's handle HR.

VO: do u ave any exam for this admission
Me: am to sit for English classes when I get to school and GRE was waived for me cos of my work experience and post graduate certification. But I wrote the exams though ( hallelujah she didn't ask for the score cos it was too low)

VO: passing a doc (my heart skipped) she said in case u ave any problems in USA pls call this number and collect ur passport on Tuesday in VI.

ME: thank you.

Out of the whole library that I went with, she didn't ask for anything document, no statement, sponsor letter or even the name of my school.
beyond excited.
I think the first three question and answer gave mi my visa. She was impressed.

Thank God I cancelled by inital interview when I stumbled on this thread last month. I was not ready. I read the thread and applied for emergency date. I prepared well and I got it. May God be praised.

I appreciate and love you guys for the selfless job u do on here.

On to the next plan. The cheapest flight to JFK.

Congratulaion on your Visa....Have a nice stay @ OBAMA LAND....I hope i share my good new with everybody here soon...My interview is on the 30th of this month at ABUJA....Pls u all pray for me...Thankss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:45am On Jul 19, 2013
oyetpel: i see you applied to VIU b4 and got denied, and i can see now that you applied to MSU, and got your visa, for BSC. Bro am in the same shoe now, just got denied maybe because of VIU, help me. That asian guy dey look me lyk thief after checking my I 20, and me don tire because of the bleeping protocols

This isn't maybe but the first reason then probably followed by other reason(s)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:47am On Jul 19, 2013
eedrism:
@ Mr imperiouxx cna you pls send me your BB PIN,i really need your help in some questions...pls email me your PIN eedris_70@yahoo.com Thanks

Can you believe I'm still using my Nokia E71 I brought from Nigeria? undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.