Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487006 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Lajupet: 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
I've been a silent follower of this forum for some months now.
Went for my interview today . My appointment was for 7:30
Got there 6:30( the rain dealt with me)
eventually called us in around some minutes to 8
did all d stuff they do( checks, fingerprint)
Number displayed at counter 2
VO- Hello Gdmrning
Me- Gdmrning(passing my documents)
Vo- why do u want to come to the US
Me- for my Masters degree program
VO- in what?
Me- Clinical Nutrition
VO- Where did u get ur undergraduate degree from
ME- told her the name of my uni
Vo- what year did u finish
Me- 2011
VO- what course
Me- Told her
Vo- who is paying for your schooling
Me- my dad
VO- what does he do
Me- told her
VO- can u pls pass ur dad's bank statement
ME- (I did)
VO- your dad works for Bleep as what?
ME- told her
VO- how many siblings do u hv
ME- 2
VO- okay your visa has been approved,go here to collect.... (I stopped listening)
ME- (with a very big smile) thank you

No questions on gre, toefl,why this school etc

N.B It's my first time applying for any visa.
Praise God with me

Thanks ya'll for your tips. It gave me the much needed confidence

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
[quote author=Lajupet]I've been a silent follower of this forum for some months now.
VO- Hello Gdmrning
VO- in what?

Congrat Lajupet !!! Have a wonderful stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by StFrank2(m): 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
Amen to Jesus! Congrats
[quote author=Lajupet

Praise God with me

Thanks ya'll for your tips. It gave me the much needed confidence[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feexo: 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
@Ferdimako,I made the same mistake when I wrote my Toefl on July 13th at First Logic- i spent longer than necessary on the reading part- but I did try my utmost to make up for the lost time though. I just checked my result now. I got 99 - not a bad score I hope. I am just trying to take it one step at a time........

Thanks a lot BigFrancis for the e-materials and priceless counsels, thanks Imperiouxxx for the invaluable advises, thanks everybody for bringing smiles to the faces of people. May God continue to grant your heart desires.

GREisnext#

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
Abeg, where's Flynbird?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
Congrats Lajupet!!! Enjoy your stay in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
[quote author=Lajupet]I've been a silent follower of this forum for some months now.
VO- Hello Gdmrning
VO- in what?

A big[size=8pt][/size] congrats to you!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Lajupet: 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
winbyforce: Congrats Lajupet!!! Enjoy your 'told her' MS studies in 'told her' university. I just hope d newbies might get tips from your 'cryptic' interview experience. Enjoy your stay in the US.

Yeah I get (my bad). But it was a pretty straight forward interview. No "technical" question asked like why dis school or why the US.
MS CLINICAL NUTRITION
Ohio state uni
N.B low gre score of 288 (thank God she no ask)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
seunolumonday: Hi ricky rozay,have some questions 2 ask u pls gimme ur mail or u can have my email addy:seunshow2001@yahoo.com thanks

You'v got mail bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ms Nas: Abeg, where's Flynbird?

Ah! It's true o! Where is she? After all that stress, I hope she got her visa sad sad

Flynbird where are you dear? pls tell us how it went... #AnxiouslyWaiting

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by effulgence: 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
GboyegaD:

You can take your vacinnations at LUTH on Thursday mornings. As for accommmodation, I will suggest you use either www.craigslist.org or www.apartmentguide.com.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
Kunsoft:
Thanks Lisdem.

On point Chinko Guy. Sense 50/50 chance already. he was the only guy on counter. the ladies are fair in giving. Pray like never before for my number to show on any lady's counter but Na Chinko Guy cry

Chinko: You are applying for the 4th
Me: Yes sir
Chinko: Hold on type ooooo Ok, You apply to university of Central Oklahoma
Me: Yes sir
Chinko: What will this degree do for you
Me: It will open doors of professional advancement for me and hands on management of real business project across multiple industries here in nigeria and i will gain better business management strategies and skills to perform effectively on a large scale when i return to nigeria.
Chinko: Ok, who is your sponsor
Me: My brother ( i dont want to change sponsor because of inconsistency)
Chinko: what those he do
Me: He runs industrial cleaning services company, He currently works for many established organization including Oyo state Government Nigeria.
Chinko: How much those he earn
Me: first talk say he is the owner of the business but he insist so i said between 500-600k.
Chinko: i will have to denied you again and note that if you keep applying on this note it may affect your chance of getting visa in future.
Me: LOBATAN! could please let me know the reason this time
Chinko: He insist that the paper will tell me the reason.
Me: Na so i waka begin to thank GOD.

i believe my case is Totally different from others here.
my Resume:
i'm a graduate of HND with 3.14 to scale of 4.0, i'm 30+ and i got admission for Undergraduate
1st Attempt Jan 3rd - did not prepare well ( i dont know this forum then)
2nd wrong guy and fake SEVIS Payment (fell into agent hand for SEVIS).
3rd Attempt (aware of the forum) was told by the VO one of the reason is insufficient fund.
4th attempt another wrong guy hand Chinko. it shows that is only GOD that can favour when VO guy interview guys

IS ALL GOOD. PLANNING TO WRITE GRE NOW. i have like 2 university in US now that take HND for Masters but wanna rest for like 2yrs first. probably switch to CANADA then come for my PHD. OBAMALAND Sure!

Thanks Guys

Seems the funds you have are still insufficient! 500-600k per month is not enough for a sponsor. What is the balance of the account statement you presented?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
Feexo: @Ferdimako,I made the same mistake when I wrote my Toefl on July 13th at First Logic- i spent longer than necessary on the reading part- but I did try my utmost to make up for the lost time though. I just checked my result now. I got 99 - not a bad score I hope. I am just trying to take it one step at a time........

Thanks a lot BigFrancis for the e-materials and priceless counsels, thanks Imperiouxxx for the invaluable advises, thanks everybody for bringing smiles to the faces of people. May God continue to grant your heart desires.

GREisnext#

I did on the same day(13July 2013 in Jos) and no results yet here oh.I thought they said we have to wait for 14days. Congrats! What're the breakdowns?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
Lajupet, sheey na woman interview u? I know say na woman cos a man can never b that straight and loose when interviewing u.
Congrats sis! I pray na calm woman go interview me and grant my visa for my own turn ooo, abeg God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
Square65:

Seems the funds you have are still insufficient! 500-600k per month is not enough for a sponsor. What is the balance of the account statement you presented?

6m + He did not border to check it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
fadinus:
Bro are u sure its not the fake Sevis Payment you presented that has been causing your recent denials..the US Embassy has zero tolerance for fake documents n you MAY have been placed on a ban o.

My brother i went to Cotonou myself to pay the sevis before the 3rd time. and None of the VO ask me about it they only put a pink note on it SEVIS NO SHOW before the interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
Kunsoft:

My brother i went to Cotonou myself to pay the sevis before the 3rd time. and None of the VO ask me about it they only put a pink note on it SEVIS NO SHOW before the interview

Chai! Anyhow sha, it's well, God knows why its so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
Kunsoft:

6m + He did not border to check it.
Broda, to me,the VOs are still on the same account ish,sure 6m might cover ur tuition for a year,but VOs thinking about subsequent years,moreso the account has to finance undergraduate studies which is quite expensive n takes longer duration...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
Thanks guys I finnaly picked up my passport today. Is there anyone flying to Houston soon? Pm me if your are..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Spanishmario(m): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
Need help on how to proceed for a master degree in US thou am still an undergrad bt d earlier d berra nd besides I ave a family friend ova dia nd dey r citizens...help needed urgently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
odowetalu: Thanks guys I finnaly picked up my passport today. Is there anyone flying to Houston soon? Pm me if your are..

How many days did it take them to process your Visa.. Because I did my interview on monday and I just received a text on my phone now. The one on my phone is from Visa services and it states;

Documents released for pickup/delivery

And I received another mail again to my email box that same period and it states the following;

Dear Ricky,

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate.

The passport number being returned is A06******

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:Ikeja - Lagos, No: 16, Billings Way, Ikeja, Lagos

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng

So does this mean my Visa is ready.. I need to get ur useful info because I can't just wait to lay my hands on that sweet, sexy, golden and everlasting US visa of mine... Lol!!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

How many days did it take them to process your Visa.. Because I did my interview on monday and I just received a text on my phone. The one on my phone is from Visa services and it states;

Documents released for pickup/delivery

And I received another mail again to my email box that same period and it states the following;

Dear Ricky,

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate.

The passport number being returned is A06******

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:Ikeja - Lagos, No: 16, Billings Way, Ikeja, Lagos

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng

So does this mean my Visa is ready.. I need to get ur useful info because I can't just wait to lay my hands on that sweet, sexy, golden and everlasting US visa of mine... Lol!!!!

Yeah, that means your Visa is ready for pick-up at the DHL House.... Go get it bro wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
onipedey: Broda, to me,the VOs are still on the same account ish,sure 6m might cover ur tuition for a year,but VOs thinking about subsequent years,moreso the account has to finance undergraduate studies which is quite expensive n takes longer duration...

I'm not sure about this. Because my school needed #3.3million as First year tuition and my sponsor had #3.9million as the balance on the bank statement and the VO took her time to check my bank statement very well and checked the exchange rate on her glass screen to know if the funds is sufficient enough for my studies and I still got my Visa with it even with though it was even still a company's Bank statement.

So I guess that is not the cause of is denial. It is something else.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
olarwarlay:

Yeah, that means your Visa is ready for pick-up at the DHL House.... Go get it bro wink

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really.... So quick... Mehn I'm soooo excited oooooo. I will be heading to apapa oshodi isolo expressway tomorrow to pick it up sharp sharp..

I can't wait to see US Visa for the first time mehn... Lol!!!

They have changed their location in ikeja, no longer ikeja again for pick up, it's now Apapa oshodi isolo express way.

Thanks bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ricky Rozay:
.......I can't just wait to lay my hands on that sweet, sexy, golden and everlasting US visa of mine... Lol!!!!

Ricky, visa intoxicated! I wish I get visa too and say "my sexiest, curviest visa" kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

I'm not sure about this. Because my school needed #3.3million as First year tuition and my sponsor had #3.9million as the balance on the bank statement and the VO took her time to check my bank statement very well and checked the exchange rate on her glass screen to know if the funds is sufficient enough for my studies and I still got my Visa with it even with though it was even still a company's Bank statement.

So I guess that is not the cause of is denial. It is something else.....
Oh yeah,I feel u bro, but the transactions on the account also speaks so loud, Your sponsor may have 3.9 at that moment,but the VO looking at the previous transactions will be convinced that the account will generate more funds shortly,but in a situation whereby the transactions doesn't really show flow of enough cash it matters. The VO may be looking at it like they infliate the account with huge amount so as to get away. Also the sponsor is a salary earner,bro Kunsoft didn't state anywhere if he has any other bizness, so u can also imagine how long it takes to gather such amount n will he have to repeat the same proceedure yearly to finance his brother?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
imperiouxx:

Ricky, visa intoxicated! I wish I get visa too and say "my sexiest, curviest visa" kiss kiss

Bro small small. Wetin I do u.. U wan kill person with dis ur grammar. cheesy cheesy hahahahahahaha cheesy

U just make me fear, I tink say my Visa don enter ONE chance. Abeg no scatter ma head oooo... cheesy

See as u just make me run go check dictionary for dis ur grammar, I no con see am for dictionary, the page don tear commot, so I con go google go check am, na so I con see am for dere...cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
Lajupet: I've been a silent follower of this forum for some months now.
VO- Hello Gdmrning
VO- in what?
Me- Clinical Nutrition
VO- Where did u get ur undergraduate degree from
ME- told her the name of my uni
Vo- what year did u finish
Me- 2011
VO- what course
Me- Told her
Vo- who is paying for your schooling
Me- my dad
VO- what does he do
Me- told her
VO- can u pls pass ur dad's bank statement
ME- (I did)
VO- your dad works for Bleep as what?
ME- told her
VO- how many siblings do u hv
ME- 2
VO- okay your visa has been approved,go here to collect.... (I stopped listening)
ME- (with a very big smile) thank you

No questions on gre, toefl,why this school etc

N.B It's my first time applying for any visa.
Praise God with me

Thanks ya'll for your tips. It gave me the much needed confidence

CONGRATULATION ON YOUR VISA AND WHAT EMBASSY IS THAT LAGOS OR ABUJA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
onipedey: Oh yeah,I feel u bro, but the transactions on the account also speaks so loud, Your sponsor may have 3.9 at that moment,but the VO looking at the previous transactions will be convinced that the account will generate more funds shortly,but in a situation whereby the transactions doesn't really show flow of enough cash it matters. The VO may be looking at it like they infliate the account with huge amount so as to get away. Also the sponsor is a salary earner,bro Kunsoft didn't state anywhere if he has any other bizness, so u can also imagine how long it takes to gather such amount n will he have to repeat the same proceedure yearly to finance his brother?

Yea.. I think you really have a point there.. Because the total credit on my sponsor's Bank statement is #10million naira.. And my sponsor made so much day to day transactions for 6 months on that bank statement because it was a 6 months bank statement..

And he was always saving money like almost every 2 to 3 days in that account.. So maybe the VO must have noticed the Transactions as been Legitimate..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
imperiouxx:

Imperiouxx my brother... how are you bro?.

Sorry i haven't called jare, will do when my cousin gets back from work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.