Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488069 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:55am On Jul 25, 2013
Chars1289: Hello plz is there anyone who has an idea abt the services of these airlines ROYAL AIR MAROC or JORDAN AIRLINE.Emirates and co are all fully booked till end of August ohh....

I think Royal Air Maroc is good although the flight to Casablanca may not be so convenient because they use a smaller plane but the one to New York is extremely superb.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walako: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2013
Hello house

Congrats to all gettn dier visas today
Pls house...
I am actually reaching you guyz from Ghana.Pls i am 26
yrs and will be 27 in december.I hv applied to study
Sports Administration this fall and already working
towards my interview and subsequently my visa.I
completed High school in 2004,afterwards did THE
CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF MARKETING(CIM-UK)
programme and graduated with a Professional Diploma
in Marketing in 2008 which is equivalent to a Bachelors
degree in the UK educational system.After leaving
school,i have been working for the past 5 years.I want to
know, how do i stand as in my chances and the
probability of getting a visa.Sport Management and
Administration is a programme i deeply want to study
and bring the knowledge to gained to transfrom the
sports business industry back in my home country Ghana.

I also want to knw wat the house tinks of UNIVERSITY OF CHARLESTON in West Virginia

Hope to hear from you soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walako: 10:01am On Jul 25, 2013
Hello house

Congrats to all gettn dier visas today
Pls house...
I am actually reaching you guyz from Ghana.Pls i am 26
yrs and will be 27 in december.I hv applied to study
Sports Administration(Undergraduate) this fall and already working
towards my interview and subsequently my visa.I
completed High school in 2004,afterwards did THE
CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF MARKETING(CIM-UK)
programme and graduated with a Professional Diploma
in Marketing in 2008 which is equivalent to a Bachelors
degree in the UK educational system.After leaving
school,i have been working for the past 5 years.I want to
know, how do i stand as in my chances and the
probability of getting a visa as far as my age(26) is concern.Sport Management and
Administration is a programme i deeply want to study
and bring the knowledge to gained to transfrom the
sports business industry back in my home country Ghana.

I also want to knw wat the house tinks of UNIVERSITY OF CHARLESTON in West Virginia

Hope to hear from you soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 10:02am On Jul 25, 2013
kingcobra2003:

I knew stuff like this would crop up somehow. Please be informed that I am not advertising for any agent o. I am just telling those who care how I got my date. As a matter of fact it was not a good experience for me cos I had to pay thru my nose. Ive shared my experience with some Nairalanders through phone calls and emails. So, my broda I am not into any such thing ok, in point of fact I even discourage the use of agents if you can get a date urself. I have the best interest of everyone here at heart, I know what an American Visa means to all of us here and that's the purpose of this forum. There is no need antagonising me ok? have a nice day!
well said
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:02am On Jul 25, 2013
effulgence: Bro,I think abt this accomodation ish too,TN is my destination

You can always talk to the student apartments as they are more reputable and most times will only require you sign the lease while you pay on your move in date.
I just checked one for you with a reasonable cost. It is called Campus Ridge and the link I am posting here. A 4X4 (i.e. 4 bedroom 4 bath) will cost you $381 monthly. Their number is: +1 (423) 822-5939 and the website is: http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Tennessee/Johnson-City/Campus-Ridge/85701/
Another option is University edge which will cost you $485 for a 4X4. They are currently running specials so you can call them on +1 (423) 822-5934. Their website is: http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Tennessee/Johnson-City/University-Edge/158477/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:05am On Jul 25, 2013
flynbird: Visa approved!!!! Thank God! And thank nairaland. I'll share my experience soon. My battery is low for now

Congrats dear sis. Wishing you a wonderful experience in the USA and please, don't fight your cousin ooooo. S/He could be of great help when you lease expect.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 10:13am On Jul 25, 2013
GboyegaD:

You can always talk to the student apartments as they are more reputable and most times will only require you sign the lease while you pay on your move in date.

Which one be student apartments Abeg? Cos I ll be needing one in miami, Fl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2013
smartguy1759: Thank God you posted this, one of the landlords on craigslist is asking me too pay upfront for Sept. 1st move-in. So, how do one go around this off-campus housing issue, because I don't know anybdy in NJ that am going to. I am so on my own.

What is the name of your school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2013
GboyegaD:

What is the name of your school?

Florida international university, miami FL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:32am On Jul 25, 2013
vivysparkles:

Which one be student apartments Abeg? Cos I ll be needing one in miami, Fl

They are off campus apts built specifically for students and they are always very close to campus. Some of them also have shuttle services to commute their residents to and fro school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:35am On Jul 25, 2013
vivysparkles:

Florida international university, miami FL

Is the school in South or North Miami?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2013
flynbird: Visa approved!!!! Thank God! And thank nairaland. I'll share my experience soon. My battery is low for now

Finally...CONGRATS DEAR!!! We have been expecting the good news.

After the all the wahala u went thru with sevis payment..u have been rewarded.

Congrats...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 10:44am On Jul 25, 2013
TOEFL score = 92 at least I exceeded my requirement..
GRE = beware cos am going to crack you soon after that terrible performance.
Gradually we are getting there....

One funny thing happened the day I was writing my TOEFL in Owerri. One lady in her middle 20s was also writing on that same center. But in the middle of the test She started crying because she is not computer literate and thus could not take the Test. I was like why is babe a distraction, the ETS invigilators should do some thing fast so that I can concentrate. But the situation worsened when she mistakenly ended her test... Oh boy come and see wailing!!.. in fact was dragged out of the exam hall. For me I was completely indifferent cos i needed concentration to justify that 45k i paid an agent (cos of late registration shaa). In all am glad at my score despite her disturbance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:46am On Jul 25, 2013
Spanishmario: Plz guyz, hw can I go about writing d GRE here in Lagos and what is the cost of d exam...

You can register for the GRE yourself by simply calling ETS on phone. First, open an account on www.ets.org/gre because you'll provide them with your account login details when you call with which they'll use to log into your account and register you themselves. Second, you'll need to have an atm card. I suggest that you use GTB ATM mastercard as it always works. You'll provide them with the card number(16-digit number on the card's front), expiry date(also on the front) and c.v.v number(the 3-digit number on the back of the card). They'll enter these details themselves and register you from over there. They'll ask you to choose your preferred exam centre in Lagos. Your exam ticket will be sent to your email address.

This option is the best for you as you'll get to register at the official and lower exam fee of $185(N29,000). Registering through agents will cost you between N45,000 - N50,000.

The number to call is +31320239593. Make sure you recharge at least N600 if calling with an MTN line as you'll spend at least 10 minutes on the call.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by effulgence: 10:46am On Jul 25, 2013
GboyegaD:

I just checked one for you with a reasonable cost. It is called Campus Ridge and the link I am posting here. A 4X4 (i.e. 4 bedroom 4 bath) will cost you $381 monthly. Their number is: +1 (423) 822-5939 and the website is: http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Tennessee/Johnson-City/Campus-Ridge/85701/
Another option is University edge which will cost you $485 for a 4X4. They are currently running specials so you can call them on +1 (423) 822-5934. Their website is: http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Tennessee/Johnson-City/University-Edge/158477/
Thank you for this information.I will give it a trial.But will be careful as this apartment providers who operate online aint to be trusted 100%.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 10:47am On Jul 25, 2013
GboyegaD:

South miami /miami-dade
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:58am On Jul 25, 2013
conyema12: TOEFL score = 92 at least I exceeded my requirement..

One funny thing happened the day I was writing my TOEFL in Owerri. One lady in her middle 20s was also writing on that same center. But in the middle of the test She started crying because she is not computer literate and thus could not take the Test. I was like why is babe a distraction, the ETS invigilators should do some thing fast so that I can concentrate. But the situation worsened when she mistakenly ended her test... Oh boy come and see wailing!!.. in fact she was dragged out of the exam hall. For me I was completely indifferent cos i needed concentration to justify that 45k i paid an agent (cos of late registration shaa). In all am glad at my score despite her disturbance.

grin. I can imagine. Congratulations though on your 92 score. Its cool. cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2013
Ferdimako, have u seen ur TOEFL result ? What's it like ?
Congrats flynbird.. Have a wonderful stay in the US !
Ricky, how is ur passport like ? Sexy, curvy, beddy, beautiful ?...
TOEFL is so gonna meet its waterloo 2mao... He he!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:07am On Jul 25, 2013
effulgence: Thank you for this information.I will give it a trial.But will be careful as this apartment providers who operate online aint to be trusted 100%.

The need for care cannot be underestimated however, I think your major concern should be reading through the contract well enough. I can assure you that you are safe with them since the school is aware of their existence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Spanishmario(m): 11:09am On Jul 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

You can register for the GRE yourself by simply calling ETS on phone. First, open an account on www.ets.org/gre because you'll provide them with your account login details when you call with which they'll use to log into your account and register you themselves. Second, you'll need to have an atm card. I suggest that you use GTB ATM mastercard as it always works. You'll provide them with the card number(16-digit number on the card's front), expiry date(also on the front) and c.v.v number(the 3-digit number on the back of the card). They'll enter these details themselves and register you from over there. They'll ask you to choose your preferred exam centre in Lagos. Your exam ticket will be sent to your email address.

This option is the best for you as you'll get to register at the official and lower exam fee of $185(N29,000). Registering through agents will cost you between N45,000 - N50,000.

The number to call is +31320239593. Make sure you recharge at least N600 if calling with an MTN line as you'll spend at least 10 minutes on the call.
Is d test gonna b computer based or paper based and hw many times is it conducted in a year....fenkzzz rily app d info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2013
conyema12: TOEFL score = 92 at least I exceeded my requirement..

One funny thing happened the day I was writing my TOEFL in Owerri. One lady in her middle 20s was also writing on that same center. But in the middle of the test She started crying because she is not computer literate and thus could not take the Test. I was like why is babe a distraction, the ETS invigilators should do some thing fast so that I can concentrate. But the situation worsened when she mistakenly ended her test... Oh boy come and see wailing!!.. in fact was dragged out of the exam hall. For me I was completely indifferent cos i needed concentration to justify that 45k i paid an agent (cos of late registration shaa). In all am glad at my score despite her disturbance.

Congrats! When did u do? What is your spread like? I mean breakdowns of sections. I did on 13 July in Jos and no result yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 25, 2013
Amefrica: Ferdimako, have u seen ur TOEFL result ? What's it like ?

No, am expecting it on Saturday.That'll be two weeks after I did it. I wish you success on Friday!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 11:42am On Jul 25, 2013
Hello everyone,

is anyone on this forum going for or presently on Masters prog in Public Health? I need a contact especially for Univ. of Texas School of Public Health or any other sch. pls help is needed, tks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2013
@flynbird congratulations brekete waoh!! share ur exprience pls i cant wait to hear from u, nd hw did u manage to scale through ur sevis stuff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
No,I just want to know how there Rate of giving Visas there nii...With GOD Almighty I bliv I will Get my Visa Aprroved this Time Around A̶̲̥̅♍ so sure of it by GOD Grace!I willl share my good testimony on Tuesday.

GboyegaD:

Why defeat yourself before the interview proper? Just believe God for the best not minding your venue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
GboyegaD:

How far with the enquiry? Did u find anything?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
eedrism: No,I just want to know how there Rate of giving Visas there nii...With GOD Almighty I bliv I will Get my Visa Aprroved this Time Around A̶̲̥̅♍ so sure of it by GOD Grace!I willl share my good testimony on Tuesday.

The bolded should be your concern and I pray that God's favor shall be your lot in Jesus Name. We shall all read your testimony on here come Tuesday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by midi20: 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
Amefrica: Ferdimako, have u seen ur TOEFL result ? What's it like ?
Dis guy, u too funny. Don't go and click end test by mistake o grin. All d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by WildChild00(m): 12:29pm On Jul 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Do you have an ideal of how many centers in Lagos? apart from that of Ikeja (First logic) i.e. GRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
midi20:
Dis guy, u too funny. Don't go and click end test by mistake o grin. All d best

Haha! Impossible..lol..
Thanks so much bruv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by maxani: 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hi people, on a lighter note, here's a video of what you should NOT do at a visa interview.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEtAsq0aWeE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUx2qMIoQIchX9o5x38hf1Bw

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
WildChild00:

Do you have an ideal of how many centers in Lagos? apart from that of Ikeja (First logic) i.e. GRE

There are 3 of them in Nigeria; 2 in Lagos (First Logic, Ikeja and One other center at Timaiyu Savage) and 1 in Abuja (First Logic).

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.