Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,011 members, 7,825,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488093 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 11:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chars1289: Hello plz is there anyone who has an idea abt the services of these airlines ROYAL AIR MAROC or JORDAN AIRLINE.Emirates and co are all fully booked till end of August ohh....
I am flying ROYAL AIR MAROC, service might not be like ARIK o, but my friends that av flown to the US with it told me it's not bad. I don't know how much it's now, but I paid 178k for a flight to JFK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
eedrism: Thanks for the response jaree.....You are making me feel more comfortable now,with the help of RICKY ROZAY...I have done my Homework well well lol nd good to go nd still doing it still nd will cont doing it until after i GOT THE VISA....Can u tell me what is the RATE of the FEMALES ND MALES VOS over there like are the males plenty than the females VOs or the females are much more than the MALES....because by GOD GRACE NEXTWEEK TUESDAY....i must share my GOOD TESTIMONY Here oooohh....and i will sure read your interview and your friend own too now....Thanks

When I had my interview on the 15th, it was one male, one female VO...dass all.[/color][color=#000099] smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kayspice: 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hi Everyone, i spent the last 3O minutes typing my visa experience but it all wiped off as i clicked the submit button
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
WOOW THAT IS INTERESTING...I HOPE MY INTERVIEW FALL TO THE FEMALE COUNTER grin because I HAVE MORE CONFIDENCE FACING THE FEMALES VOS mehh lool.....i just read your interview now and it was cool nd straight forward shaa....God will do mine tooo sha

vivysparkles:

When I had my interview on the 15th, it was one male, one female VO...dass all.[/color][color=#000099] smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kayspice: 11:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
lisadem:

... Guess you are still typing...

Hi Everyone, i spent the last 3O minutes typing my visa experience but it all wiped off as i clicked the submit button
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by djunit1(m): 11:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
GboyegaD:

You can take your vacinnations at LUTH on Thursday mornings. As for accommmodation, I will suggest you use either www.craigslist.org or www.apartmentguide.com.

Just to add to this post, NEVER ever pay any body upfront for an apartment on craigslist. A lot of people are on craigslist to cheat. Best of luck to you

I hail the house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 11:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
djunit1:

Just to add to this post, NEVER ever pay any body upfront for an apartment on craigslist. A lot of people are on craigslist to cheat. Best of luck to you

I hail the house
Thank God you posted this, one of the landlords on craigslist is asking me too pay upfront for Sept. 1st move-in. So, how do one go around this off-campus housing issue, because I don't know anybdy in NJ that am going to. I am so on my own.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

You have Two RED flags here;

1. You intend applying to a community college
2. You left high school long time ago without actively involved into anything like work or studying.. You were just idle.

First of all!!! Change that community college, forget about community colleges.. You won't be given that visa if you apply to a community college.. You will keep wasting your Money at the Embassy. The VOs see community colleges as an associate degree.. And they don't grant students visa who wishes to study at community colleges, they see them as potential immigrants...

If you have read previous threads of nairaland, you will see what the gurus here have been talking about community colleges.. It means AUTOMATIC DENIAL at the Embassy.. Many students have been denied at the Embassy because they applied to a community college. So think twice bro...

Let me give you a better alternative to your situation;

This is what you will do, search for good Universities, most especially public owned universities because they are veryy good and apply for admission with them, when u get your visa, you can now transfer to a community college of your choice when you get to the US. Simple!!!!!!!

Secondly, your year of high school, 2005 is another RED flag.. Unless you close the gap then you are good to go!!! The VOs will want to know what you have been doing with your life for the past 8 years. That has been a long time ago....and this is a big RED FLAG oooo. That nearly put me into trouble too at the Embassy few days ago...

You will need to develop your profile to close up the gap... They will see you as a potential immigrant who is looking for a fast route to escape nigeria and run to US to live permanently.. So don't give them that impression.

So look for a strategic way to close up that gap.. But make sure it is mixed with studies not just work alone..

And whatever job you come up with to help you close the gap, let it be related to your intended Major.

Because US education don't give room for students who have been out of high school for a long time and without any form of education in their profile after high school graduation. (Read my success story in previous pages, then you will know what I'm talking about)

Also, you have done a great job and big help to yourself by taking the SAT. That is veryyy good.. Because when u go to the Embassy, the VOs will definately demand for your SAT score report....

So bro, cover the loopholes and let's know what you came up with..

Success to you...

Well said.

A 1000 likes! cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
Kunsoft:
Thanks Lisdem.

On point Chinko Guy. Sense 50/50 chance already. he was the only guy on counter. the ladies are fair in giving. Pray like never before for my number to show on any lady's counter but Na Chinko Guy cry

Chinko: You are applying for the 4th
Me: Yes sir
Chinko: Hold on type ooooo Ok, You apply to university of Central Oklahoma
Me: Yes sir
Chinko: What will this degree do for you
Me: It will open doors of professional advancement for me and hands on management of real business project across multiple industries here in nigeria and i will gain better business management strategies and skills to perform effectively on a large scale when i return to nigeria.
Chinko: Ok, who is your sponsor
Me: My brother ( i dont want to change sponsor because of inconsistency)
Chinko: what those he do
Me: He runs industrial cleaning services company, He currently works for many established organization including Oyo state Government Nigeria.
Chinko: How much those he earn
Me: first talk say he is the owner of the business but he insist so i said between 500-600k.
Chinko: i will have to denied you again and note that if you keep applying on this note it may affect your chance of getting visa in future.
Me: LOBATAN! could please let me know the reason this time
Chinko: He insist that the paper will tell me the reason.
Me: Na so i waka begin to thank GOD.

i believe my case is Totally different from others here.
my Resume:
i'm a graduate of HND with 3.14 to scale of 4.0, i'm 30+ and i got admission for Undergraduate
1st Attempt Jan 3rd - did not prepare well ( i dont know this forum then)
2nd wrong guy and fake SEVIS Payment (fell into agent hand for SEVIS).
3rd Attempt (aware of the forum) was told by the VO one of the reason is insufficient fund.
4th attempt another wrong guy hand Chinko. it shows that is only GOD that can favour when VO guy interview guys

IS ALL GOOD. PLANNING TO WRITE GRE NOW. i have like 2 university in US now that take HND for Masters but wanna rest for like 2yrs first. probably switch to CANADA then come for my PHD. OBAMALAND Sure!

Thanks Guys

@Bolded...Kunsoft that is your greatest undoing. Adults from 25 and over going for undergraduate study are a big no-no for the VOs let alone someone of 30+ years. How do you intend to catch up when you left high school over 14 years ago?shocked (I'm assuming you're 32 and you left high school at 18). When the US educational system leaves no chances for gaps in education? These and many others are exactly what run in the minds of VOs when they meet cases like yours. Your type of case is not a case the VO will be willing to grant visas except you have a very cogent reason.

Please for your own sake and improved chances of getting the US visa, forget your paroles whatsoever of undergraduate study and switch to masters. Apply for masters to a good school that has 'university' in its name. Write either GRE or TOEFL and go back again. Your next interview story here will be a success story. I can assure you that.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 12:31am On Jul 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

@Bolded...Kunle that is your greatest undoing. Adults from 25 and over going for undergraduate study are a big no-no for the VOs let alone someone of 30+ years. How do you intend to catch up when you left high school over 14 years ago?shocked (I'm assuming you're 32 and you left high school at 18). When the US educational system leaves no chances for gaps in education? These and many others are exactly what run in the minds of VOs when they meet cases like yours. Your type of case is not a case the VO will be willing to grant visas except you have a very cogent reason.

Please for your own sake and improved chances of getting the US visa, forget your paroles whatsoever of undergraduate study and switch to masters. Apply for masters to a good school that has 'university' in its name. Write either GRE or TOEFL and go back again. Your next interview story here will be a success story. I can assure you that.
mr Biggs(bigfrancis) I sent you a mail pls reply so i can fully hala you on my status. My interview is next week. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by christianmarks: 12:39am On Jul 25, 2013
please house i need the top 5 public universities i can apply for my sister for an undergraduate studies. please i learnt some universities are better than some. please i need the list urgently. secondly is it advisable to continue an application with a school that requires a deposit of tuition?

bigfrancis21:

@Bolded...Kunle that is your greatest undoing. Adults from 25 and over going for undergraduate study are a big no-no for the VOs let alone someone of 30+ years. How do you intend to catch up when you left high school over 14 years ago?shocked (I'm assuming you're 32 and you left high school at 18). When the US educational system leaves no chances for gaps in education? These and many others are exactly what run in the minds of VOs when they meet cases like yours. Your type of case is not a case the VO will be willing to grant visas except you have a very cogent reason.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:05am On Jul 25, 2013
coachee1:
mr Biggs(bigfrancis) I sent you a mail pls reply so i can fully hala you on my status. My interview is next week. Thanks

Replied you. We're now connected.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by effulgence: 1:11am On Jul 25, 2013
smartguy1759: Thank God you posted this, one of the landlords on craigslist is asking me too pay upfront for Sept. 1st move-in. So, how do one go around this off-campus housing issue, because I don't know anybdy in NJ that am going to. I am so on my own.
Bro,I think abt this accomodation ish too,TN is my destination
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:12am On Jul 25, 2013
christianmarks:
please house i need the top 5 public universities i can apply for my sister for an undergraduate studies. please i learnt some universities are better than some. please i need the list urgently. secondly is it advisable to continue an application with a school that requires a deposit of tuition?

@Bolded...your sister must really be worth her onions if she wants to get into the top 10 universities in US. She must be very intelligent and must score near-perfect, if not perfect, scores on the SAT and/or TOEFL. She must also have excellent WAEC/NECO results and if applicable, excellent high school transcripts. Such schools are extremely competitive and even your excellent track record doesn't guarantee you admission. If she satisfies or can satisfy these conditions, let her go ahead.

And if I may ask, what's her course of study?

If she doesn't satisfy these conditions, but she's got something upstairs, then she should apply to above-average universities, especially publicly funded universities as you requested. So far as the school has got 'university' in its name, then she's good to go.

Unfortunately I can't give you a list as these lists change in relation to the course. Harvard may be number 1 in Medicine but rank number 10 in Engineering.

Some schools do request for upfront/partial payment of tuition fees before they release their I-20s to their students, especially Nigerian students. This is a precautionary measure to ensure that only the actually serious Nigerian students are given I-20s. Such schools have experienced issuing out several I20s only in the end to have a few students actually showing up at the school. Many Nigerians who are not serious about studying who want to get into the US, get admissions and use the student visa route to escape Nigeria, get into the US, and never report at their school. So upfront tuition payment from prospective Nigerians is a check to ensure that the serious ones get issued admissions and i20s. If you're not serious about studying in the first place, will you go ahead and pay hundreds of dollars in part tuition fees? cool

So if she's serious about studying, the school itself is good, and she likes the school then she can go ahead with the application, and pay the part payment fees.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walako: 6:25am On Jul 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

@Bolded...Kunsoft that is your greatest undoing. Adults from 25 and over going for undergraduate study are a big no-no for the VOs let alone someone of 30+ years. How do you intend to catch up when you left high school over 14 years ago?shocked (I'm assuming you're 32 and you left high school at 18). When the US educational system leaves no chances for gaps in education? These and many others are exactly what run in the minds of VOs when they meet cases like yours. Your type of case is not a case the VO will be willing to grant visas except you have a very cogent reason.

Hello Big francis

I am actually reaching you guyz from Ghana.Pls i am 26 yrs and will be 27 in december.I hv applied to study Sports Administration this fall and already working towards my interview and subsequently my visa.I completed High school in 2004,afterwards did THE CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF MARKETING(CIM-UK) programme and graduated with a Professional Diploma in Marketing in 2008 which is equivalent to a Bachelors degree in the UK educational system.After leaving school,i have been working for the past 5 years.I want to know, how do i stand as in my chances and the probability of getting a visa.Sport Management and Administration is a programme i deeply want to study and bring the knowledge to gained to transfrom the sports industry back in my home country Ghana.
Hope to hear from you soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 7:50am On Jul 25, 2013
seunolumonday: Ricky you havent replied my mail,i reli need ur reply

You'v got mail sis....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chars1289: 8:44am On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=smartguy1759] I am flying ROYAL AIR MAROC, service might not be like ARIK o, but my friends that av flown to the US with it told me it's not bad. I don't know how much it's now, but I paid 178k for a flight to JFK

okkiess..bt some pple i hve confirmed frm hve mixed feelings abt their services..dts why i want to confirm..tnks for the info..do hve a wonderful stay in U S of A
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 8:48am On Jul 25, 2013
@kingcobra2003

Your 'agent' discussion will not work here, don't even dream about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Spanishmario(m): 8:59am On Jul 25, 2013
Plz guyz, hw can I go about writing d GRE here in Lagos and what is the cost of d exam...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 9:06am On Jul 25, 2013
Visa approved!!!! Thank God! And thank nairaland. I'll share my experience soon. My battery is low for now

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 9:22am On Jul 25, 2013
flynbird: Visa approved!!!! Thank God! And thank nairaland. I'll share my experience soon. My battery is low for now
Congrats....Flynbird, will never forget dat name in a hurry...KAI! wahala po...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 9:24am On Jul 25, 2013
flynbird: Visa approved!!!! Thank God! And thank nairaland. I'll share my experience soon. My battery is low for now
Congrats....Flynbird, will never forget dat name in a hurry...KAI! wahala po...[quote author=flynbird]Visa approved!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by a1jnrinc: 9:26am On Jul 25, 2013
Ricky , thanks so much for your strategic information. You are a great help and now I know how to plan my application. However, I was just thinking what if the VO asks for my Diploma certificate which I do not have ?? And what kind of institution do I say I got the diploma from ?? I intend to study International Business or Business Management. Thanks for your time.

[sub][/sub]
Ricky Rozay:

You can check out this schools,

Southern arkansas University
Oklahoma panhandle state university
Bemidji State University
Southwest minnesota state university
North dakota state university
Wright State University
West Virginia University.
Northwestern state university

These schools illustrated above are much affordable, You can visit their websites and get their emails and mail them and make your enquiry...

If you need more schools use the following search tools;

www.princetonreview.com
www.petersons.com
www.usnews.com

Also, regarding closing the gap, a letter of recommendation will be okay for admission purposes, The letter of recommendation from your employer will be much okay and acceptable to explain to the admissions office that you have been actively involved with something since graduating from High school in 2005.

But as for the Embassy, You will have to come up with a strategic plan.. Like working and school.

You can tell them that after you graduated from school in 2005, you did a diploma in (your intended course related to your major, fill it here) from 2006 - 2008, then worked with so and so company in 2009 to 2011 and later went to another company from 2012 till date to expand more ideas on my field.

So use this format as sample for you to come up with something SOLID...

And with all this things, You will need an Employment letter, and letter of sponsorship to take along to the Embassy.. You can also go along with the Letter of recommendation to the Embassy, but I'm 95% sure the VO will never ask for your Letter of recommendation from your employer.

If they need to see anything as prove of Employment, your letter of employment will suffice..

Hope this helps.

Cheers bro..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:27am On Jul 25, 2013
Since! I've been looking for you all over, Omo Ibadan like me cheesy. Congrats!!! Shey you go tell us the name of your school now? grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:33am On Jul 25, 2013
Lajupet: I've been a silent follower of this forum for some months now.
VO- okay your visa has been approved,go here to collect.... (I stopped listening)
ME- (with a very big smile) thank you

No questions on gre, toefl,why this school etc

N.B It's my first time applying for any visa.
Praise God with me

Thanks ya'll for your tips. It gave me the much needed confidence

Have a wonderful study in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 9:35am On Jul 25, 2013

Congrats gal!...am sure you killed it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 9:39am On Jul 25, 2013
Ms Nas:
Since! I've been looking for you all over, Omo Ibadan like me cheesy. Congrats!!! Shey you go tell us the name of your school now? grin
thats tru..she go gree name d skool...kai i no fit forget d babe, lai lai
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:39am On Jul 25, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Lajupet, sheey na woman interview u? I know say na woman cos a man can never b that straight and loose when interviewing u.
Congrats sis! I pray na calm woman go interview me and grant my visa for my own turn ooo, abeg God

The sex of the interviewer doesn't matter. All you need is God's favor above all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2013
justwise: @kingcobra2003

Your 'agent' discussion will not work here, don't even dream about it.

I knew stuff like this would crop up somehow. Please be informed that I am not advertising for any agent o. I am just telling those who care how I got my date. As a matter of fact it was not a good experience for me cos I had to pay thru my nose. Ive shared my experience with some Nairalanders through phone calls and emails. So, my broda I am not into any such thing ok, in point of fact I even discourage the use of agents if you can get a date urself. I have the best interest of everyone here at heart, I know what an American Visa means to all of us here and that's the purpose of this forum. There is no need antagonising me ok? have a nice day!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:46am On Jul 25, 2013
dkgetmuny:
thats tru..she go gree name d skool...kai i no fit forget d babe, lai lai
grin grin Now worry, she go tell us the name by force now! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:53am On Jul 25, 2013
eedrism: ohh really,well i dont check more than 3 times before it start telling me that shit.....""YOU HAVE EXCEEDED YOUR LIMIT PER DAY"" SO ANNOYING..THAT IS WHY I HAD TO BOOK FOR ABUJA....BUT I WISH I HAD LAGOS....because THE REVIEW AM READING HERE ABOUT PPLE INTERVIEW WITH SUCCESS STORIES NAH LAGOS E DEY HAPPEN OOOO MEHN..I TAYA.....JST WISH I HAD LAGOS,DONT KNOW HOW ABJ VOs ARE !!!

Why defeat yourself before the interview proper? Just believe God for the best not minding your venue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.