Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488140 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 8:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
Much flynbird.

Enjoy your studies and please, don't slap that cousin of yours when ever you see him in US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
imperiouxx: Much flynbird.

Enjoy your studies and please, don't slap that cousin of yours when ever you see him in US.

Ok Sir! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
Amefrica: Congratulations flyinbird.. So u stay near Iwo road ? Likewise me I stay in Akobo #50 to Iwo road. I'd just av cross u and collect it b4 u go to ajah. I tried to contact u on the TOEFL CD bt to no avail...

Oh. I don't live close to Iwo road. Just boarded a bus to Ajah from there. We could make plans to give it to you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walako: 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hello Big Francis

I have sent you a request on BB.Can you pls confirm and "SCHOOL ME" small....lol

Waiting for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
flynbird:

Oh. I don't live close to Iwo road. Just boarded a bus to Ajah from there. We could make plans to give it to you

Awww! It's late ma.. I'm writing the test less than 14hrs..
Thanks ma'am tho wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
mckenziiii: my second n third interview @bigfrancis n oders gurus in d house HELP HELP HELP!!!

How old are you? Did you take any standardized tests?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
bigass: House. Pls I need date for interview in Lagos!!!!

For your second interview or is this the wife herself?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
theHanafis: House,some 1 helped me out with my toefl reg buh I think I might hav an issue cos I use my three names in opening my profile buh wen ets mail my order receipt confirmation and receipt confirmation, my other name was lyk omitted.buh on my profile it still reads my three names correctly.I guess mayb he might hav made mistake during d reg.my ques here is: hope dis will not cause an issue for me during and after da test?

You have no problem. ETS usually reports applicants name with their first and last names only. My GRE score sheet is also the same. That's the standard US naming convention. So far on all my applications starting from school application, admission letter, i20, visa booking page, ds confirmation page, even flight ticket - all these documents all bear my first and last names only. Because that's how they want it, first and last names only.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
Flawless~diva:

Where exactly in owerri did you do ur test?

Na u be d babe? LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
coachee1:
thanks.
My man, I wan ask this questione mek others learn too....... My grandfather attended the same school where am heading to for his masters. Though he is retired now here in Nigeria. When asked how did i get to know my school, is it bad to say: "actually, my grandfather attended the school so thats how i got to know about the school?"

Perfect answer there!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by autumnflower(f): 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hello everybody.
Please i need help on how to register for toelf and gre myself. Please anybody that has done it should help me, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mckenziiii: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

How old are you? Did you take any standardized tests?
wuld b 28yrs by Nov.I didn't
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by djunit1(m): 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
smartguy1759: Thank God you posted this, one of the landlords on craigslist is asking me too pay upfront for Sept. 1st move-in. So, how do one go around this off-campus housing issue, because I don't know anybdy in NJ that am going to. I am so on my own.

My Advice to everyone looking for a place to live, look for apartments or rooms on craigslist but NEVER send money to any one until you get to the US and only pay after move in. And make sure you get receipt for the money you're payin.

There are a couple of ways to get a hotel for a night when you get to the US. download apps like Hotel Tonight, Priceline, Hotel.com and others. When you land in your city right at the airport, connect to a free WiFi and search for hotels on your smartphone and get hotels around the airport vicinity. look for the cheapest and stay for the night then locate an apartment the next day.

The best thing is to have someone pick you up at the airport but if you're like me with no one to pick you up, this is your best bet and you'd save a couple of $$ on hotels for the night.

Housing is not as hard as people make it sound especially in school areas. As long as you have money to pay your rent, you should be good.

I hail the house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
vivysparkles: Ermmmmmm....naija babes in Yankee, Abeg how do u guys make ur hair cos I hear hairdo is verrrrrryyyyyyy expensive in the US grin

Halle Berry's.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
christianmarks:

She wants any course on creative arts. Instead of the top ten schools you can give me schools that at least the vo will not despose

Google will be your best option. Use google and this should be your search word, top 100 US universities Masters Creative Arts'. Several results will pop up with websites containing lists of good schools in the US that offer MS in Creative Arts. It may not be exactly 100, you could see websites with 50, 150 etc. Go through the list and pick out your final 4 or 5. You might want to start from university number 30 downwards to start considering schools. Top 10 - 20 are usually competitive (I don't mean to discourage you).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by djunit1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
coachee1:
thanks.
My man, I wan ask this questione mek others learn too....... My grandfather attended the same school where am heading to for his masters. Though he is retired now here in Nigeria. When asked how did i get to know my school, is it bad to say: "actually, my grandfather attended the school so thats how i got to know about the school?"

If asked, and you reply "my grand mother is an alumna of bla bla bla" That can almost guarantee you your visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
vivysparkles: Ermmmmmm....naija babes in Yankee, Abeg how do u guys make ur hair cos I hear hairdo is verrrrrryyyyyyy expensive in the US grin
cheesy cheesy the naija babe at my school actually told me to bring plenty Expressions and Weaves, that she does hair at reduced price...like $20 or so. I guess I'm safe for approximately a year then grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ms Nas:
:d :d the naija babe at my school actually told me to bring plenty expressions and weaves, that she does hair at a reduced price...like $20 or so. i gues im safe for approximately a year then ;d

See another project.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
flynbird: Ok. smiley. First I'll like to say a big thank you to God! And I thank him for leading me to such a lovely family here on Nairaland. Without you guys I wouldn't have much information.. From Bigfrancis to imperioxx to Misnas, kpoli, yveett. misstoyo, findout, Gboyega, vivysparkles,..... The list is endless. smiley. You guys encouraged me when I felt like giving up!
So I got my sevis fee receipt updated around 4pm. Printed it out and got on the next bus from Iwo road to Ajah. Woke up the next morning and got to the embassy. Did all security check/biometrics. Sat down then my number came up. I was interviewed by the Chinco lady at the extreme edge close to the entrance. Here's how it went...

Me: Good morning
VO: Morning pass me your documents
Me: (passed them)
VO: Where in the US are you going?
Me: (Told her)
VO: So I see you're going for your masters
Me: Yes, Masters in Human resources management.
VO: How did you find this school?
I'll say it was Gods favour after all what I went through before the interview. I wish everyone going for their interview success and please be Bold, Never take your eyes off the VO and demonstrate with your hands.... In between that chinco guy is kinda strict. He kept denying everyone that went to his window... And why didn't anyone tell me phones aren't allowed in the embassy? I had to pay a mobile policman 1,000naira to keep my phone. cry lol
Congrats dearie! kiss Cheers to you, cos u overcame.
I didn't know people pay those MoPol money to hold their phones o, they kept my two phones and I even went back there to drop my bag.....one shishi wasn't collected from me. All the same, CONGRATULATIONSSS!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
@Flynbird,
Congratulations!!! Enjoy your studies in the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
congrats @flynbird. Now let the bird fly from the shores of Naija to Obamaland grin

All da best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
ferdimako:

See another project.
LOL. Which project?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
Cograts Flyinbird....Welcome to the land of the brave.

I have a question for you. What is the meaning of flying bird in Yoruba? gringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:36pm On Jul 25, 2013
djunit1:

My Advice to everyone looking for a place to live, look for apartments or rooms on craigslist but NEVER send money to any one until you get to the US and only pay after move in. And make sure you get receipt for the money you're payin.

There are a couple of ways to get a hotel for a night when you get to the US. download apps like Hotel Tonight, Priceline, Hotel.com and others. When you land in your city right at the airport, connect to a free WiFi and search for hotels on your smartphone and get hotels around the airport vicinity. look for the cheapest and stay for the night then locate an apartment the next day.

The best thing is to have someone pick you up at the airport but if you're like me with no one to pick you up, this is your best bet and you'd save a couple of $$ on hotels for the night.

Housing is not as hard as people make it sound especially in school areas. As long as you have money to pay your rent, you should be good.

I hail the house

Half of the ads on Craiglist are from Nigeria scammers. You are so right on this Djunit.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 9:36pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ms Nas:
LOL. Which project?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
OjaP: Cograts Flyinbird....Welcome to the land of the brave.

I have a question for you. What is the meaning of flying bird in Yoruba? gringrin

Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ms Nas:
Congrats dearie! kiss Cheers to you, cos u overcame.
I didn't know people pay those MoPol money to hold their phones o, they kept my two phones and I even went back there to drop my bag.....one shishi wasn't collected from me. All the same, CONGRATULATIONSSS!!!!

lucky you smiley. They even have a masking tape which u stick to your phone and write your name on it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
flynbird:

lucky you smiley. They even have a masking tape which u stick to your phone and write your name on it
Yes na. grin Me I just use the paper tape, joined both of my fones together and gave it to them. I also gave them my bag afterward...I had quite some large sums in it, so I just removed them and put it in my pocket. They didn't demand for anything.
Congrats again jare kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 9:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
During my preparations I read through the 2nd, 3rd and 4th part of this thread up till now. I advice every one preparing to do the same.
On my notepad i copied and saved interview experiences both approvals and delays from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th part of this thread. They were very helpful towards my preparation. I'm not sure if the mods will allow a new thread(read only) so I could post them and others could learn from them.(If neecessary)

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
flynbird: During my preparations I read through the 2nd, 3rd and 4th part of this thread up till now. I advice every one preparing to do the same.
On my notepad i copied and saved interview experiences both approvals and delays from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th part of this thread. They were very helpful towards my preparation. I'm not sure if the mods will allow a new thread(read only) so I could post them and others could learn from them.(If neecessary)
That's a great idea! Reading through interview experiences alone gives perspective. You can easily pick scenarios similar to your own situation and learn qiuckly from it. Dunno if dem go allow sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by a1jnrinc: 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ricky , Bigfrancis and all ... Still waiting for a suggestion to this ?? planning not to fail still ..

a1jnrinc: Ricky , thanks so much for your strategic information. You are a great help and now I know how to plan my application. However, I was just thinking what if the VO asks for my Diploma certificate which I do not have ?? A nd what kind of institution do I say I got the diploma from ?? I intend to study International Business or Business Management. Thanks for your time.

[sub][/sub]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by seunolumonday(f): 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
Big francis u havent replied my mail,pls do sir
bigfrancis21:

You got mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.