Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487018 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walako: 1:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=GboyegaD]

To all the gurus in the house,are u guyz not addressn our concerns today.oh chale.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
yomifowe: Hello everyone,

is anyone on this forum going for or presently on Masters prog in Public Health? I need a contact especially for Univ. of Texas School of Public Health or any other sch. pls help is needed, tks.
Go to the directory of schools at www.sophas.org. You'll find all the info u need there unless u mean something else by 'contact'.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 1:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
maxani: Hi people, on a lighter note, here's a video of what you should NOT do at a visa interview.....

OMG!!! Can't stop laughing....where on earth did you get that video from...Desperado...just one word to descibe the guy!!!.....That's a straight denial...Lolz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walako: 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hello house
Congrats to all gettn dier visas today
Pls house...
I am actually reaching you guyz from Ghana.Pls i am 26
yrs and will be 27 in december.I hv applied to study
Sports Administration(Undergraduate) this fall and already working
towards my interview and subsequently my visa.I
completed High school in 2004,afterwards did THE
CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF MARKETING(CIM-UK)
programme and graduated with a Professional Diploma
in Marketing in 2008 which is equivalent to a Bachelors
degree in the UK educational system.After leaving
school,i have been working for the past 5 years.I want to
know, how do i stand as in my chances and the
probability of getting a visa as far as my age(26) is concern.Sport
Management and
Administration is a programme i deeply want to study
and bring the knowledge to gained to transfrom the
sports business industry back in my home country Ghana.
I also want to knw wat the house tinks of UNIVERSITY OF CHARLESTON in
West Virginia
Hope to hear from you soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
flynbird: Visa approved!!!! Thank God! And thank nairaland. I'll share my experience soon. My battery is low for now

Congats gurl. I am happy for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2013
flynbird: Visa approved!!!! Thank God! And thank nairaland. I'll share my experience soon. My battery is low for now
Congrat flynbird !!! Do have α wonderful stay in U.S
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
GboyegaD:

You can always talk to the student apartments as they are more reputable and most times will only require you sign the lease while you pay on your move in date.
I just checked one for you with a reasonable cost. It is called Campus Ridge and the link I am posting here. A 4X4 (i.e. 4 bedroom 4 bath) will cost you $381 monthly. Their number is: +1 (423) 822-5939 and the website is: http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Tennessee/Johnson-City/Campus-Ridge/85701/
Another option is University edge which will cost you $485 for a 4X4. They are currently running specials so you can call them on +1 (423) 822-5934. Their website is: http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Tennessee/Johnson-City/University-Edge/158477/
Gboyega you are such α nice person !!! Kudos and I love the way you answer questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 1:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

You can register for the GRE yourself by simply calling ETS on phone. First, open an account on www.ets.org/gre because you'll provide them with your account login details when you call with which they'll use to log into your account and register you themselves. Second, you'll need to have an atm card. I suggest that you use GTB ATM mastercard as it always works. You'll provide them with the card number(16-digit number on the card's front), expiry date(also on the front) and c.v.v number(the 3-digit number on the back of the card). They'll enter these details themselves and register you from over there. They'll ask you to choose your preferred exam centre in Lagos. Your exam ticket will be sent to your email address.

This option is the best for you as you'll get to register at the official and lower exam fee of $185(N29,000). Registering through agents will cost you between N45,000 - N50,000.

The number to call is +31320239593. Make sure you recharge at least N600 if calling with an MTN line as you'll spend at least 10 minutes on the call.

Biggy baba,

Thank you so much for this valuable information. You are a life saver.
God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2013

Satan tried stopping you from getting this Visa but the Lord overpowered him and gave you victory.

Your story should serve as a lesson to all others who are yet to get their Visa, no matter the difficulties you go through, just keep calm, pray fervently and have a strong faith in the almighty.

He that created us knows what is best for all of us...

Congratulations Flynbird!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
winbyforce:
Go to the directory of schools at www.sophas.org. You'll find all the info u need there unless u mean something else by 'contact'.

I mean someone i can talk to, ither by mail , fb or phone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigass(f): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
House. Pls I nEed date for interview in Lagos!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Spanishmario(m): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
How can I get to know the cost of a master degree in different schools coz most official skul sites don't include the fees
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
Spanishmario: How can I get to know the cost of a master degree in different schools coz most official skul sites don't include the fees

You need to search for it. The fees are most often than not under 'Future /Prospective Students' link under Tuition and fees, or you can use the Search box on the site. Hope these tips would help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walako: 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hello Bigfrancis 2

Can you please send me ur email address,BB Pin or Facebook name to abdulrashidzakari@yahoo.com I seriously need some help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
justwise: @kingcobra2003

Your 'agent' discussion will not work here, don't even dream about it.
bad guy, u caught him. keep up ur good work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
Congrats, we thank God for his good works, have a grt time studying in US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigass(f): 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
I need interview date in Lagos. Someone pls help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
eedrism: ohh really,well i dont check more than 3 times before it start telling me that shit.....""YOU HAVE EXCEEDED YOUR LIMIT PER DAY"" SO ANNOYING..THAT IS WHY I HAD TO BOOK FOR ABUJA....BUT I WISH I HAD LAGOS....because THE REVIEW AM READING HERE ABOUT PPLE INTERVIEW WITH SUCCESS STORIES NAH LAGOS E DEY HAPPEN OOOO MEHN..I TAYA.....JST WISH I HAD LAGOS,DONT KNOW HOW ABJ VOs ARE !!!

I beg just target the Female VO, she is the best. The other VOs are okay, they don't just deny people.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feexo: 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2013
@Ferdimako, The breakdown is: Reading 26, Listening 22, Speaking 22 and Writing 29. 99 total. Those greedy people no fit add 1 point make I reach hundred lol.......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by WildChild00(m): 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
GboyegaD:

There are 3 of them in Nigeria; 2 in Lagos (First Logic, Ikeja and One other center at Timaiyu Savage) and 1 in Abuja (First Logic).

Okay thanks, the one in Timaiyu Savage will be nice, its closer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2013
vivysparkles:

How far with the enquiry? Did u find anything?

I couldn't find any student apartment but I got a fair apt which is the Forest Place and it is just about 5minutes from the University however, they claim you have to rent the apt all by yourself. The cost of the 2X2 is $1130. As such, I think you might have to use Craigslist to look for a roommate before you rent the place or possible search for a room on Craigslist.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by b03liberty(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
ferdimako:

Congrats! When did u do? What is your spread like? I mean breakdowns of sections. I did on 13 July in Jos and no result yet.
Bros. Hw much is it nw. Am thnking doin mine also at hill crest. Ar u in jos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
babsharon:
Gboyega you are such α nice person !!! Kudos and I love the way you answer questions.

Thanks a lot for the compliment, I feel honored.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
Spanishmario: How can I get to know the cost of a master degree in different schools coz most official skul sites don't include the fees

I will suggest you navigate the school website to the tuition and fees page per school and there you will get detailed information to guide you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
Dis is to felicitate with u on ur visa approval. U couldn't be stopped. Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:51pm On Jul 25, 2013
Spanishmario:
Is d test gonna b computer based or paper based and hw many times is it conducted in a year....fenkzzz rily app d info

Its computer based and written on all days in the week throughout the year. The registration details I just outlined above are for the computer based test.

Paper based is written only thrice a year in February, October and November, at only three places in Nigeria - Aba, Edo and Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Spanishmario(m): 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Its computer based and written on all days in the week throughout the year. The registration details I just outlined above are for the computer based test.

Paper based is written only thrice a year in February, October and November, at only three places in Nigeria - Aba, Edo and Nigeria.

by computer based yu mean in a computer centre or online
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
GboyegaD:

I couldn't find any student apartment but I got a fair apt which is the Forest Place and it is just about 5minutes from the University however, they claim you have to rent the apt all by yourself. The cost of the 2X2 is $1130. As such, I think you might have to use Craigslist to look for a roommate before you rent the place or possible search for a room on Craigslist.

@GboyegaD, Pls bro can u help me out with apartment issue.. I have been searching for apartment in craiglist for the past 2 days but all effort have proven abortive.. I mailed some of dem and dey told me that their accomodation is already full..

I'm heading to Minnesota State University, Mankato, and I'm looking for a cheap 1 bedroom apartment, I also intend sharing with someone as well. And I'm looking for an apartment which is close to my school or not too far from my school..

Please bro, I don't know if u can hook me up with any useful info..

Thanks bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

GRE is written in Nigeria only on Mondays through Thursdays.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
Amefrica: Ferdimako, have u seen ur TOEFL result ? What's it like ?
Congrats flynbird.. Have a wonderful stay in the US !
Ricky, how is ur passport like ? Sexy, curvy, beddy, beautiful ?...
TOEFL is so gonna meet its waterloo 2mao... He he!

I just picked up my passport now.. The Visa is veryy unique, it looks so much like the dollar bill.. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
walako: Hello Bigfrancis 2

Can you please send me ur email address,BB Pin or Facebook name to abdulrashidzakari@yahoo.com I seriously need some help.

You got mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.