Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,588 members, 7,861,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489912 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 7:17pm On Aug 02, 2013
eedrism: Thanks much i rili appreciate it...am just 19 now aniway.....Maybe that is what i will do then...because am so tired of this everyday denial with unknown reasons.

Something is definitely not working for you. I would re-write the TOEFL, change my school to a better one and visit the embassy again. If this do not work, then work on MS later in life just like Imperiouxx advised.

You sound so desperate. Take it easy bro and you will be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tdalton700: 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
Thanks.. i get drift.. low standard, high standard.. VO being skeptical about it and all and all that stuffs.. cheers bruv
imperiouxx:

Since you're curious to know, I would have loved to search through the whole thread and get you many links of previous results of VIU.

They are all [size=18pt]BAD!!![/size]

Na home lost the school be
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
foohard:

Ordinarily, if any government of developing country offer scholarship, the beneficiaries are expected to impact the economy with whatever they might have learned in the program they sponsored. So, it is suppose to be return home immediately after schooling where things work.

Conversely, In Nigeria, the sponsor agency will even state it clearly that they do not guaranty the scholars any job on return. So, what is the scholar expected to come and do in the country? Logically, I believe working oversees would make a better CV for you in your home country meaning when you eventually return, you can get at least job in private firms.

I work for government and I know of some people that were sponsored for 7 years bachelors + master in any part of the world (mostly northerners) and the sponsor agency does not even have the records of the beneficiaries...

Think and reflect to the above, I'm sure you wont blame any scholar that choose to work oversees and so as the agency wont blame them

Ok, got you. I always think it's like signing pact with the sponsor and one must come back home even if by force.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
OKAY I GAT U.....WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR SPRING SEMESTER AGAIN THEN !

foohard:

I know you did SAT and that your result didnt show up plus all comment and suggestions given to you by the house. Can remember Bigfrancis told you not to go with the slip and stuff..
my point is, you should fix that by writing another SAT and an awesome TOEFL score as against the one you have presently.. Then going to meet VOs would make a lot of sense.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 8:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
@OJAP

Yeah working Towards that already.....applying to Ricky Rozay skool in Minnesota now nd i would probably rewrite TOEFL/SAT again then....Thanks

OjaP:

Something is definitely not working for you. I would re-write the TOEFL, change my school to a better one and visit the embassy again. If this do not work, then work on MS later in life just like Imperiouxx advised.

You sound so desperate. Take it easy bro and you will be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
shoggie:
Slapping? I felt like choking the guy at the airport when he confiscated all the provision in my bag.
They did not thrashed them & am sure they will carry them go meet their wife at home as a birthday gift.
I did not even bother to put the knorr chicken in my check in luggage because of what I earlier read on this forum that they dont allow it at the POE.
I never knew there is no penalty for such as I was too scared!!!

Wait o...I don't understand...what then is allowed exactly? Cos provisions are dry foods. Isit cos they were not in the checked in luggage?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FutureDon(m): 8:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
eedrism: Thanks much i rili appreciate it...am just 19 now aniway.....Maybe that is what i will do then...because am so tired of this everyday denial with unknown reasons.

eedrism: OKAY I GAT U.....WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR SPRING SEMESTER AGAIN THEN !

eedrism: @OJAP

Yeah working Towards that already.....applying to Ricky Rozay skool in Minnesota now nd i would probably rewrite TOEFL/SAT again then....Thanks

Idris, which one exactly do you want to do? I'm really getting worried about you. You are still young to start having HBP oo. I suggest you look for a learned fellow bros in your hood to give you some counseling. Obviously, you are not willing to take advice from my ogas on this thread.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 8:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
lol @FUTUREDON I AM REALLY WILLING TO TAKE ADVICE FROM OGAS ERE OOO.....OYA TELL ME WHAT IS UR OWN OPINION TOO SINCE U ARE ALSO WORRIED ABOUT ME TELL ME WHAT IS UR OWN OPINION TOO

FutureDon:

Idris, which one exactly do you want to do? I'm really getting worried about you. You are still young to start having HBP oo. I suggest you look for a learned fellow bros in your hood to give you some counseling. Obviously, you are not willing to take advice from my ogas on this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
eedrism: @BIGFRANCIS AND IMPERIOUS say sumtin..i have paid another visa fee now and no dates in Lagos yet....have been denied 3times now,am going for the 4th time.....u guys should HELP ME OUT....What u tink i rili need to do....see we are like Brothers help me out sad...it getting sad too much....Getting Delayed aiint Good...now am planing to use an agent to get a date now,and i will go to the embassy with my MuM and see what happens again...am not saying they Grant Visa when they see my Mum....But The confidence will be there am sure....House Help out plsssss Help needed smh #SAD

I have one question for you? Where on the map is ur school located? If u can't accurately answer this then I don't think ure ready for anoda interview. If u ask me, I would ask u to make some changes in ur application before going back. Be patient, defer the admission, write at least the SAT, change ur uni to a higher ranked one not necessarily Ivy League. U should understand one thing ...U CAN'T KEEP DOING THE SAME THING AND EXPECT DIFFERENT RESULTS! . He who has ears, let him hear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 10:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
IT IS LOCATED ON THE HISTORIC EASTERN SHORE OF MARYLAND....MY SKOOL IS NOT AN IVY LEAGUE SKOOL....{SALISBURY UNIVERSITY}

vivysparkles:

I have one question for you? Where on the map is ur school located? If u can't accurately answer this then I don't think ure ready for anoda interview. If u ask me, I would ask u to make some changes in ur application before going back. Be patient, defer the admission, write at least the SAT, change ur uni to a higher ranked one not necessarily Ivy League. U should understand one thing ...U CAN'T KEEP DOING THE SAME THING AND EXPECT DIFFERENT RESULTS! . He who has ears, let him hear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
eedrism: IT IS LOCATED ON THE HISTORIC EASTERN SHORE OF MARYLAND....MY SKOOL IS NOT AN IVY LEAGUE SKOOL....{SALISBURY UNIVERSITY}

She wasn't asking if the school is ivy league or not. Passing thread through needle eye requires patience and strategy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 11:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
okay bro.....Working Towards that then no problem.

imperiouxx:

She wasn't asking if the school is ivy league or not. Passing thread through needle eye requires patience and strategy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
imperiouxx:

I taya o...eedris, I meant geographical location as in north south east west, southwest, southeast, northwest, Midwest, where? Didn't u read find out's experience posted few pages back? you and the others who were recently interviwed in abj confirmed that it was a reoccurring question at d abj embassy or are you planning to go to lag ds tym around? U even admitted to not answering the question correctly, and right now, u still don't know the correct answer. Homeboy, relax! Ure still young. Take all d time u need and do it right this tym around. I also advise u to have a plan B and C self. Apply to uk and Canada so u won't feel so desperate about America
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 11:25pm On Aug 02, 2013
dammie12:

Where in Indiana is your school? If you can get a flight to Chicago ORD, that will be good because its another point of entry just like JFK. Chicago to Indiana depending on the school shouldnt be more than 3hrs drive. (Not greyhound anyway). With greyhound, 5 hours at most.

Hmm...good idea. School is in Bloomington which i gather is not too far from Illinois. Will check flights going there now. Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
ohhh ok sorry it is southeast !!!And Yes i did read FINDOUT EXPERIENCE ABOUT that questions been asked by student by the male VO at abuja.....But am not planning to book a date ever again in ABUJA as i am back to Lagos not nd am not planning to go to ABUJA again....i am planning to Book a Lagos date,Moreover i have gained admission already into a skool in Canada already,i only go to UK for visiting i cant skool dere...i hate that plc....I love USA More that is why i keep trying my possible best of getting there........Most of my interview....I noticed it was LACK of confidence dat bleeped me up aswear down...because my first interview i was not prepared i dont know about this site then....so when d VO ask me questions i was just looking nd gave him some normal ansa....my second interview i almost Got the Visa.....But when the woman was about handling over the Ticket to me....she just said ermm pls do you have SAT?immediately i said NO....she said am sorry bl bl blaaa...nd the Third interview was the foolish Map location shit nd i know it but i was scared den,i was just shaking when the Vo was looking at me...so i lost Hope den nd said another tin...so when i show my broda how the interview go,he just told me i bleeped the interview up myself,that i should re apply that is what i am trying to say,but i understand everyone opinion for sure that i should re take the SAT/TOEFL AGAIN ND I WILL SURELY DO ASAP BUT THE NEXT SAT IS IN OCTOBER....

vivysparkles:

I taya o...eedris, I meant geographical location as in north south east west, southwest, southeast, northwest, Midwest, where? Didn't u read find out's experience posted few pages back? you and the others who were recently interviwed in abj confirmed that it was a reoccurring question at d abj embassy or are you planning to go to lag ds tym around? U even admitted to not answering the question correctly, and right now, u still don't know the correct answer. Homeboy, relax! Ure still young. Take all d time u need and do it right this tym around. I also advise u to have a plan B and C self. Apply to uk and Canada so u won't feel so desperate about America
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
Eedris! Eedris! Eedris! Please take it easy. Relax! I am already pitying you o. Just don't rush these things. Be calm, identify your mistakes, work on them and don't go back to the Vo without having done something about your previous mistakes. This is for our own good. I pray you understand, thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 12:00am On Aug 03, 2013
Thank you bro....am really Trying here tho....i dont just know where the mistake is coming from exactly that is the tin..But the only tin i know is that in Most of my Interview there is LACK of CONFIDENCE IN it....That is why i am thinking if my mum can follow me this time around at least there will be some confidence..

maxwello.yg:
Eedris! Eedris! Eedris! Please take it easy. Relax! I am already pitying you o. Just don't rush these things. Be calm, identify your mistakes, work on them and don't go back to the Vo without having done something about your previous mistakes. This is for our own good. I pray you understand, thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 03, 2013
Hi everyone, wonderful work you all are doing pro-bono. May God bless you in all areas of your life for this selfless service.

Could someone, anyone possibly send me GRE practice materials. Whatever I can get would be very much appreciated. So far, I've been using Barron's 2011 to study, yet find the analytical section really difficult as essay writing was never my forte. Any encouraging advice for me, house? This is my mail: plaernicky@yahoo.com

Thanks and God bless!! :-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sahlau(m): 12:14am On Aug 03, 2013
Congrat find out, do u evaluate your undergraduate transcript? If yes, wich service do you evaluate wit?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 12:18am On Aug 03, 2013
LaChicabonita: Hi everyone, wonderful work you all are doing pro-bono. May God bless you in all areas of your life for this selfless service.

Could someone, anyone possibly send me GRE practice materials. Whatever I can get would be very much appreciated. So far, I've been using Barron's 2011 to study, yet find the analytical section really difficult as essay writing was never my forte. Any encouraging advice for me, house? This is my mail: plaernicky@yahoo.com

Thanks and God bless!! :-)
Send an empty mail to :selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll get a response with the download links to the GRE materials you need.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 12:37am On Aug 03, 2013
eedrism: ohhh ok sorry it is southeast !!!And Yes i did read FINDOUT EXPERIENCE ABOUT that questions been asked by student by the male VO at abuja.....But am not planning to book a date ever again in ABUJA as i am back to Lagos not nd am not planning to go to ABUJA again....i am planning to Book a Lagos date,Moreover i have gained admission already into a skool in Canada already,i only go to UK for visiting i cant skool dere...i hate that plc....I love USA More that is why i keep trying my possible best of getting there........Most of my interview....I noticed it was LACK of confidence dat bleeped me up aswear down...because my first interview i was not prepared i dont know about this site then....so when d VO ask me questions i was just looking nd gave him some normal ansa....my second interview i almost Got the Visa.....But when the woman was about handling over the Ticket to me....she just said ermm pls do you have SAT?immediately i said NO....she said am sorry bl bl blaaa...nd the Third interview was the foolish Map location shit nd i know it but i was scared den,i was just shaking when the Vo was looking at me...so i lost Hope den nd said another tin...so when i show my broda how the interview go,he just told me i bleeped the interview up myself,that i should re apply that is what i am trying to say,but i understand everyone opinion for sure that i should re take the SAT/TOEFL AGAIN ND I WILL SURELY DO ASAP BUT THE NEXT SAT IS IN OCTOBER....

And yet, you don't know where the problem's coming from? Hellooo! Your SATs?? Applying now will only make you look desperate more than ever, cos to me and probably to the VO...nothing has changed about your application.
You said the next SAT is October, can't you differ you application and take the SAT in october? Or chuck that school and apply to another? Ok ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MikeWill: 1:14am On Aug 03, 2013
Dont let me into my zone zone zone zone...I Got approved today. shayo things since afternoon too faded to drop how the whole interview went.....will be back when my shayo clear. I'm into my zone.hahhaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oke22(f): 1:46am On Aug 03, 2013
I know that this month this year my breakthrough is coming :$
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:04am On Aug 03, 2013
eedrism: ohhh ok sorry it is southeast !!!And Yes i did read FINDOUT EXPERIENCE ABOUT that questions been asked by student by the male VO at abuja.....But am not planning to book a date ever again in ABUJA as i am back to Lagos not nd am not planning to go to ABUJA again....i am planning to Book a Lagos date,Moreover i have gained admission already into a skool in Canada already,i only go to UK for visiting i cant skool dere...i hate that plc....I love USA More that is why i keep trying my possible best of getting there........Most of my interview....I noticed it was LACK of confidence dat bleeped me up aswear down...because my first interview i was not prepared i dont know about this site then....so when d VO ask me questions i was just looking nd gave him some normal ansa....my second interview i almost Got the Visa.....But when the woman was about handling over the Ticket to me....she just said ermm pls do you have SAT?immediately i said NO....she said am sorry bl bl blaaa...nd the Third interview was the foolish Map location shit nd i know it but i was scared den,i was just shaking when the Vo was looking at me...so i lost Hope den nd said another tin...so when i show my broda how the interview go,he just told me i bleeped the interview up myself,that i should re apply that is what i am trying to say,but i understand everyone opinion for sure that i should re take the SAT/TOEFL AGAIN ND I WILL SURELY DO ASAP BUT THE NEXT SAT IS IN OCTOBER....

@Bolded...The state of Maryland is located on the North eastern part of US, and not South East. Vivysparkles asked you the question initially, you failed to understand her question and failed it. You were given a second chance where you could easily have googled the location of Maryland on the US map on Google Images, yet you didn't and still failed it again.

Honestly, I must say your case is desperation.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 5:08am On Aug 03, 2013
oboy just on one week break see how much i have to read,guys are vexing oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ifedapsy(m): 5:14am On Aug 03, 2013
Hi House. I've bin a silent reader of this thread for quite some time. Kudos to the Ogas. Can one defer his admission after being granted visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 6:22am On Aug 03, 2013
ifedapsy: Hi House. I've bin a silent reader of this thread for quite some time. Kudos to the Ogas. Can one defer his admission after being granted visa?
sure you can. I know of my guy Anthony who is also on this thread that did it. You will just request that your school send a new I-20 showing the new term you are defering to. Without the new I-20, you won't be allowed to enter the States at your chosen POE.

All da best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 6:36am On Aug 03, 2013
Mike-Will:
Dont let me into my zone zone zone zone...I Got approved today. shayo things since afternoon too faded to drop how the whole interview went.....will be back when my shayo clear. I'm into my zone.hahhaaaaaa

Congrats Mike! I have been waiting to hear your success story. Now you are using the money the agent should have extorted from you on drinks. #lol

Have a pleasant stay in Obamaland dude.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:15am On Aug 03, 2013
ifedapsy: Hi House. I've bin a silent reader of this thread for quite some time. Kudos to the Ogas. Can one defer his admission after being granted visa?

O sure pa!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 03, 2013
I got a cousin who is presently in Nigeria and wanna join me.
Really a novice to this site, but ave search every nook and crannies of the Internet but i aint okay with it dudes.
I just need details of the visa he'll need
he is 13yrs
*not a student visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by castrogee(m): 7:30am On Aug 03, 2013
castrogee: [/b][b] hello nairalanders, please I need a little clarifications out of your kind heartedness. I wish to go to the states for my masters degree... And having applied to north Carolina agricultural and technical state university; I wish to inquire among other things the following:
is my choice of university a good option.
How long does it take a university to process an admissions applications.
And lastly what's the processing times or waiting period for an academic visa into the state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.