Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,552 members, 7,850,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489421 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
tdalton700: Thanks BigFrancis.... my interview is in Lagos Nigeria... plus i am abit nervous cos i was denied visa twice to the usa last two years and last 14months... though it was a different visa applctn (visiting and conference respectively) on the gound of lack of strong ties to my home.. the first was denied in IRELAND while the other in Abuja Nigeria... and i also wanna know if applying to just two school is a problem cos i notice someone mentioned applying to more than 4 schools is advisable...
i only applied to two school.. got one admission and awaiting the review of the other... Virginia International university admitted me and waiting for the one in California

Abeg wait for the one in California and delete the bolded ASAP sad sad sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
Congrats...Findout!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
tdalton700: Thanks BigFrancis.... my interview is in Lagos Nigeria... plus i am abit nervous cos i was denied visa twice to the usa last two years and last 14months... though it was a different visa applctn (visiting and conference respectively) on the gound of lack of strong ties to my home.. the first was denied in IRELAND while the other in Abuja Nigeria... and i also wanna know if applying to just two school is a problem cos i notice someone mentioned applying to more than 4 schools is advisable...
i only applied to two school.. got one admission and awaiting the review of the other... Virginia International university admitted me and waiting for the one in California

@Bolded...VIU!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Please don't go to the embassy with the i20 from that school. Its a big no-no. The VOs always deny applicants with such I20s. Please, cancel your appointment and wait for the outcome(if positive) and i20 from the other school in california.

You wouldn't want to have 2 denials + 1 extra denial on your record. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
virgin ice: @ Arik, I wont even use dem again......@ festac, no place like home cos I was even born in Goldencross (festac) buh wat kan I say? No more agboju market lolssss....

Av a safe trip

Wow... I understand the Agboju things oooo. I was there on Sunday and everything looked totally different from what it was before I travelled. Festac is the in thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
Virgin ice pls complete the story na cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
I thank God for the gift of life and also thank God for always being God no matter what,He is really a great God. For those who have not gotten their visas pls be patient,cos God will do it. He doesn't have a bad plan for anyone,neither is He happy in anyone's sadness or put ill-luck on some while good luck on others, we are all the same to Him,so just wanna tell everyone to just know exactly who He is(a great God) and always does wondrous things(He never fails),always know His plans for u. Also wanna thank my mom for her support always,BigFrank (coachee), oga Ojap, oga Imperiouxx and everybody on d thread both the contributors n d viewers... Here is my EXPERIENCE:- VO: Good morning
ME: Good morning ma'am + Happy New month (passing her my documents)
VO: what did u say?
Me: I am wish u a happy new month ma'am
VO: Thank u (huge smile)
VO: What are u studying in the states
Me: Mass Communication
VO: Mentions the name of my school
Me: Yeah correct,n I mentioned the location
VO: Nods (smiling)
VO: How did u know about this school?
Me: I came across it in a Magazine called 'black collegean' so I made more research about the school on the internet
VO: Nods (smiling)
VO: Did u apply to any other school?
Me: Yeah, 3 schools n mentioned their names
VO: So why did u choose this?
Me: Well, its my 1st choice in all the schools I applied cos,I like their curriculum which involves lot of outdoor learning n that will help me acquire more advanced knowledge and I have been contacting a few of the professors and from our discussions I could deduce the school is d best for me
VO: Nods ,good
VO: Why would u do mass comm? (Keeps smiling)
Me: actually I have been working as a studio manager,so I have a basic legal understanding of studio editing n management,so I want to add on new skills so as to advance professionally here in Nigeria
VO: Nods,good
VO: Did u write any standardised test? SAT,TOEFL etc?
Me: Oh yeah,I did,do u like to see my score? Already opening bag.
VO: I believe that,never mind,good
VO: Who is sponsoring u?
Me: My mom
VO: What does she do?
Me: she is a senior dental technologist n works wit d government, also studied in the US too.
VO: Have u travelled out of the country b4?
Me: Oh no
VO: Kept typing n returned my passport n said she is sorry she couldn't approve @ d moment. Note: Its my 2nd appearance at the US embassy in Abuja, I answered all the questions just like this in my previous interview but was a lil nervous n was anxious to pass document while she only demanded to see my sponsor's statement of account n I gave her,after which she denied me unlike this 2nd interview, I n the VO were smiling at each other all through and the conversation was so smooth,from what I noticed,I guess the VO denied me maybe because of the remarks of the 1st VO,I don't know n I'm not sure,but saying because it was a smooth chat n I at least 95% expected to get my visa yestday , also she didn't see any document from me yestday. SALUTE ALL!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
GboyegaD:

Ms Nas, do you rep Festac too? As far as I am concerned, that is the best neighborhood to live in. I rep Festac from cradle till forever cheesy cheesy cheesy
Yes oo, the place is Life!!kiss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
virgin ice: @Ms Nas! I will contact u shortly grin.....festac no dey carry last.
shocked @ GboyegaD rep'n festac too

Av missed alot @ thread....30 somtin pages cry to catch up wit
i don reply your pm oo grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
Helo house, is it possible for someone 2 differ his/her admission after getting his/her VISA to the next semester and uses d visa gotten previously? I need more light on dis pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
VIU!!! shocked shocked embarassed Run away oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
oluwatosin4us: pls make unah help me out baba imperioux is it tru that f1 visa must book roundtrip and oneway is no more available. now i no get money again...pls wetin make i do i no fit deffer my admission now ...i don spend nah alabama i dey go oooooooooo help me out ...i don cry out now oooooo..pls i also need how to get a cheap flight , please email me if youhave any additional things for me , take your time pls ssssssss dammynol1_tm@yahoo.com or martinsadedipe@yahoo.com use anyone

As bigfrancis told you. You book whatever is cheap for you. Not a must to go for round trip.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2013

You never got admission, still wait for California.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by shoggie(m): 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2013
@bigfrancis I need your email address asap! Or can any one help on that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
@onipedey,

This is ill-luck. May be you should rest for now, study some more in Nigeria and go for it after BS. I know a lot got it for their BS but we are not the same. Thinking about this. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
imperiouxx:

@Bolded...grin grin grin. You're a very funny man. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
shoggie: @bigfrancis I need your email address asap! Or can any one help on that?

I've replied your email via the NL email system.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
House, and those currently in the US, can I carry gala from naija, will the customs nd immigration people in Yankee allow it? And indomie too as I hear the noodles in Yankee is different an not so loved by nigerians.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
vivysparkles: House, and those currently in the US, can I carry gala from naija, will the customs nd immigration people in Yankee allow it? And indomie too as I hear the noodles in Yankee is different an not so loved by nigerians.

You can be fortunate to take it through or it could be siezed from you. The good side of it is that there are no penalties whatsoever.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
vivysparkles: House, and those currently in the US, can I carry gala from naija, will the customs nd immigration people in Yankee allow it? And indomie too as I hear the noodles in Yankee is different an not so loved by nigerians.

I flew Virgin Atlantic few weeks ago. I had some "kilishi" in my hand luggage and plenty of it in one of my checked in bags. I had no problem with the Custom officials both in the UK and the US, and Naija. I even spent a night in the UK to go see my friend and checked in my hand luggage again the following morning. Those machines don't pay too much attention to food-stuffs. I think what they are most concerned about is "cokes".

Some people are not so lucky though. The machine detects the food sometimes. Na like baba Ijebu...try your luck. I would say go with whatever you want to carry. Patapata they seize it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
Congratulations to all the folks who got their visas....I lost count already and can't start mentioning names one after the other... grin

To those who were delayed. Prepare again and cap it all with prayer. All the best.

virginice : Who is Bee? Is Bee going to join you too? soonest?....grin. Your story is interesting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by CaptJHMiller: 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
Can somebody help me out with sites I can use to apply for schools, reserch them out and et al.. Just like how the german schools have uni assist...

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by shoggie(m): 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I've replied your email via the NL email system.
Thanks biggie!!
Please check your inbox, I just sent you an email right now!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
I.Joan:
Congrats...Findout!

Thanks smiley

Guys, please i need something clarified. The date on my I-20 for me to report to school is 11th August. My school is in Indiana. Now, can I get into JFK (point of entry in this case) on the 10th and arrive Indiana on the 11th or 12th? (Greyhound abi Ekene dili chukwu grin things) In essence, what i'm trying to ask is, is that date strictly important for the point of entry alone? Coz i hear if I get to the point of entry later than that date, I may be denied or seriously delayed entry. Please advise. Thanks. Note that whole intl students orientation week does start on the 12th, grad students orientation starts on the 14th.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by xtus(m): 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Can somebody help me out with sites I can use to apply for schools, reserch them out and et al.. Just like how the german schools have uni assist...

Thanks in anticipation.

www.usnews.com
www.petersons.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2013
@Ms virgin,

You can still count and remember the number of tats? Continue, soon you will loss count. Then you'll start with obese and also loss count. After losing count of everything within some few weeks, you'll take Americans as they are and blend in.

Welcome home baby!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
OjaP:

I flew Virgin Atlantic few weeks ago. I had some "kilishi" in my hand luggage and plenty of it in one of my checked in bags. I had no problem with the Custom officials both in the UK and the US, and Naija. I even spent a night in the UK to go see my friend and checked in my hand luggage again the following morning. Those machines don't pay too much attention to food-stuffs. I think what they are most concerned about is "cokes".

Some people are not so lucky though. The machine detects the food sometimes. Na like baba Ijebu...try your luck. I would say go with whatever you want to carry. Patapata they seize it.

It's painful seeing them thrashing your stuffs at the airport angry I feel like slapping that guy when he thrashed my deodorant detected in my bag by that mumu scanner angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 4:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
Has anyone booked with travelstart.com.ng ? Plus, has anyone flown on Egypt Air or Royal jordanian?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tdalton700: 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
so sorry but just curious... can some one please give me a concrete reason why VIU (Virginia international university ) shouldnt be an option ...And why is an admission from them a no no at the embassy... pls
Ms Nas:
VIU!!! shocked shocked embarassed Run away oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tdalton700: 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
so sorry but just curious... can some one please give me a concrete reason why VIU (Virginia international university ) shouldnt be an option ...And why is an admission from them a no no at the embassy... pls
imperiouxx:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by CaptJHMiller: 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by shoggie(m): 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
imperiouxx:

It's painful seeming them thrashing your stuffs at the airport angry I feel like slapping that guy when he thrashed my deodorant detected in my bag by that mumu scanner angry

Slapping? I felt like choking the guy at the airport when he confiscated all the provision in my bag.
They did not thrashed them & am sure they will carry them go meet their wife at home as a birthday gift.
I did not even bother to put the knorr chicken in my check in luggage because of what I earlier read on this forum that they dont allow it at the POE.
I never knew there is no penalty for such as I was too scared!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
Find Out!:
Has anyone booked with travelstart.com.ng ? Plus, has anyone flown on Egypt Air or Royal jordanian?

As it is right now, all you need is getting ti the US.

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.