Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,536 members, 7,850,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489416 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:58am On Aug 02, 2013
Congrats Find Out and Goldfinger. Wish you both a pleasant experience and study in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by batteryempty(m): 10:35am On Aug 02, 2013
Ricky rozay, I can see you!!! You didn't return my mail. Am gonna gmail some docs to you, I need you to help me perfect it... Expect 'em in a bit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 11:41am On Aug 02, 2013
eedrism: This US Student visa interview is really giving me Hectic headache now---pls GOD be Nice 2me I need to leave 9ja dix year oh lord pls Grant my h@ desires nd all other who are seeking F1 Visa.....pls house can I re aPply again asap??skool resume august 26th.

PLS HELP OUT I WILL LIKE TO KNOW THE CHEAPEST AVAILABLE FLIGHT TO ALABAMA ON 6TH OF AUGUST .....MONEY DON FINISH WETIN I GO NOW OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ORI IYAMI OOOOOOOOOOOO. I NO WUN DEY OUT OF STATUS ....MAKE UNA TALK NOW .THANKS BROTHERS SSSSSSSSSS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 11:50am On Aug 02, 2013
pls make unah help me out baba imperioux is it tru that f1 visa must book roundtrip and oneway is no more available. now i no get money again...pls wetin make i do i no fit deffer my admission now ...i don spend nah alabama i dey go oooooooooo help me out ...i don cry out now oooooo..pls i also need how to get a cheap flight , please email me if youhave any additional things for me , take your time pls ssssssss dammynol1_tm@yahoo.com or martinsadedipe@yahoo.com use anyone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bodeplot: 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
Congrats findout and my first son Goldfinger. Wish u d best in US...

@square65...whr r u bro? U av gat mail. Wanna ask u sth bro..thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
Shulda posted dis a week bfor buh bin so busy.........MY TRIP (wrote dis on my way to kansas @ JFK):

So we left Festac after a serious stressful time, cooking, arrangin my load, and all. We left and chatted to d airport. I cleared and was lucky d immigration officer dint give me much trouble. My dad was jus parahing lol and my bro was forming 'I sabi d airport wella' buh den, I ignored all dat. Got my boarding pass and was ready. I filled a short form den we left to d park to break our fast. It was so fun every1 cracking jokes, my uncle inclusive, laughing and eating. Den my eldest bro came to join us. We prayed and my dad, including my nephew, stayed behind while d odas and I went back into d airport arena. We strtd to snap funny pictures to d extent dat oda airport users focused attention on us. We wer just entertaining dem freely. I later queued and Bee stayed with me on d queue. Even ppl on d queue noticed my whole family being an entertaining one. We just kept on laughing, d security man passing d travelers was also laughing with us. I joined d queue, said goodbye with love n hugs, smiled and waved. Dey all turned back and dat was d beginning of new experience.
The guy on my queue liked my family so we got chatting, I got to knw e is an interesting guy who was goin to london. We checked in and went our separate ways. Den my fone batry was almst flat. Still, my besty femi called me. We chatted, I cald bee, cald tito, cald my bro bfor begging a guy who was gonna board my flight to borrow me his chrger. He did even if it was nt worth it. We later went tru anoda check, I was wit dis 2 yoruba chatter box women who wer just cracking me up. I saw a saucy family (akata) and so many ppl. Our flight was den delayed till 4am. I was hungry den but was glad wen we left Nigeria. My seat no was A28 (window seat) I was so happy, I saw a last view of lagos, it was spectacular. This wasnt because I was gonna miss lagos but it was just d dim lights dat sparkled tru d glass...it was bye to Nigeria
My TV wasnt workin so I used my nebur's own. Saw movies, played game, listened to music, slept, ate and all. Wen we got close to NY and wer aving breakfast, I was seeing a movie that brought back memories of som1, I bursted into tears and was hiding it cos my nebur was like 13yrs and I ad taken care of his cold all tru d flight. I drew myself togeda, and looked foward to wat was ahead...JFk. D cloud reminded me of angels and purity, it was like we were in a virgin palace but this feeling could nt b compared to my first sight of NY. It was simply magical, every1 clapped wen we touched Obama land in peace. We got down and d first tin I saw was a german Sheppard security dog, it was so huge I doubled my steps bfor it reaches me lol. I went for my first screening, den immigration screening and no ilegal food was detected in my load. I payed 5 dollars for a cart to roll my bags to terminal4 wer I got a boarding pass for kansas. I payed 60USD for boarding my 2bags, den I strtd to get confuse of d road I shud pass. Eventually took d elevator to 3rd floor wer I met a huge queue buh I joined and was screened in. I went to d restroom and brushed my teeth, changed my underwear and shirt. Washed my face with my soap and clensed it. I wore a light makeup and dint care abt d ppl dat wer comin n goin inside d restroom. I later went for window shopping, I sprayed different perf to test and dint buy any (emi omo Naija), den I went into anoda shop, bought a top, 2 stockings, and I neck pillow (after my rough flight to JFK, mi o gbodo ma ra). I now did asheju, I went to KFC to buy food dat I can't finish!!! It was terrible dat I ad to go and do number2. I tried so hard to call ppl but none....I cald seun who was to pik me up wit a pay fone and e dint pik, I was angry I wasted 1 dollar for nothing (150naira). I bought a chrger to chrg my fone cos d mouth of socket in America na wa! Naija charger no fit enta smh. I spoke to a chinese babe sha den went to wer I wud get a shuttle to c64 for my next flight. Wen I dint no wat I was doing, I jus sat down der until my brain said STAND UP madam and find ur way. I dd and we entad bus to a far end. I forgot to add dat wen I wanted to do screening for d second pass, I jus saw ppl movin inside glass! I was shocked and was like, ewo re o? My brain now clicked it was a transparent train. A train at 3rd floor!!! Naija, foolish govt, bfor we go reach dis technology ehn, 2040 go don reach lol. Now am seated listening to music, waiting to board kansas flight. Oh anoda tin, I saw one teenager in pink and blond hair wit mad heels and a saucy face dat says 'everybody is beneath me' she made me rememba all those high school brats, I just laughed cos her AKO na 'out of da world' kinda ako. Funny I liked and checked her outfit well....dis announcer calling d flights is too loud and too fast. I no dey hear her jere. Bfor I forget to mention, I av counted tattoo upto 50 today smh....PEACE

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
Find Out!:
House.

Got my visa at the Abuja embassy today. After waiting in vain for dates in lagos, i decided to choose Abuja, i got 16th August, applied for emergency and was able to book 1st August.

Appointment was for 10:45am. Wanted to fly in early this morning, decided against it and went yesterday afternoon, good decision it turned out to be as both flights (yesterday's and this evening's return) were delayed by an hour each (20 & 30 minutes officially undecided ).

Anyway, got to the embassy some minutes before 10, about 15 minutes later, the security guys announced that everyone for 10:30 and 10:45 should come in. We did security checks and all...e.t.c...

Fastforward...

Now, there were only 2 VOs interviewing, a man and a woman. Both were asking lots of questions, but the man was granting more than the woman even tho man denied a good number of people too.

For everybody who came for a student visa, his first two questions after you state the name of your school were: "What state is the school located in?" & "What part of the map is the state located, north, south, west east, where?"

As it turned out, only few got both questions right, especially the second. At a point, i couldn't supress giggles when a guy going to Ball State university (which is in Indiana) was asked what state his school is located and he confidently answered "Ball state" after a few seconds hesitation. He was asked a few questions later before he was denied.

My turn:
VO: Good morning,pass your passport and application
Me: Good morning.
VO: Why are you going to the US? *typing on his computer*
Me: I'm going for my masters degree in Safety management
VO: What school?
me: Indiana University Bloomington
VO: *stops typing on his computer and looks at me* What state is your school located in?
Me: The state of Indiana.
VO: And where is Indiana located on the map? east, north, south, where?
Me: *with a smile* It is located in the mid-west
VO: *says audibly but almost to himself* Good job. *resumes typing, then asks loudly now* And what other schools did you apply to?
Me: Kent state University Ohio and Pennsylvania State university
VO: So why did you choose Indiana University over the others? *Both VOs asked this question too from other student visa applicants who applied to more than one school*
Me: Well, aside from the fact that i got a Graduate Assistantship.....
VO: (cuts in) *darts a glance at I-20 on his table then continues typing* Oh really, good. So what are your plans on your return to Nigeria after competing this course?
Me: *with a smile again* Well, I intend to spend about 6 months at a safety management consulting firm which I've already contacted about my plans before i launch my own consulting practice. I intend to start small but I'm confident things will surely pick up over time.
VO: So who's going to pay the balance of your fees? (my GA plus benefits covers about 82% of first year expenses, not 100%)
Me: My dad
VO: What does he do?
Me: Told him.
VO: *hands over the white paper and talkin at the same time* Your visa wil be ready for pick up by monday at the adress here.. *didnt hear the rest of what he said tho I heard "an hour delay", "point of entry" & "enjoy your studies in the US"
Me: Thank you sir

Congratulations find out! I've been waiting eagerly to hear your story!

You see, its good you traveled to Abuja the day before if not the flight delay would have affected you.

Congrats man! You did well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
ferdiii:

The 46K? Is this in Naira or USD?

grin grin Does N46,000 sound like its going to be enough for one year? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2013
foohard:

Thank you.

The scheme is for IT graduates. If you read IT related courses and graduated with 2:1 or First class, then you are eligible.

You must be a Nigerian and must have completed NYSC.

The agency in charge is National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).

Its is available for masters and Ph.D.

Glad to know its NiTDA scholarship. I was aware last year when the scholarship was on. I started applying sef. I created an account, filled out the form and then got to the document upload page and discovered the NYSC requirement meanwhile I had just finished University then. I even emailed them asking if I could still apply without NYSC discharge certificate and they replied me immediately saying I should wait till next year's program when I should have been through with my NYSC. So I stopped my application. sad I still have my username and password with me. sad

Though I don't like the bond part where you must return to work in Nigeria.

Congratulations anyway!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
Congrats Virgin ice. I knw u'll enjoy US. Keep enjoyn and rememba to com bck afta ur studies ooo grin..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:

grin grin Does N46,000 sound like its going to be enough for one year? cheesy

My doubt!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
Vigin Ice, so you live at Festac? Woowww! shocked. We're practically neighbours oo. grin
Your experience was hilarious tho, the tattoo part got me cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
oluwatosin4us:

PLS HELP OUT I WILL LIKE TO KNOW THE CHEAPEST AVAILABLE FLIGHT TO ALABAMA ON 6TH OF AUGUST .....MONEY DON FINISH WETIN I GO NOW OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ORI IYAMI OOOOOOOOOOOO. I NO WUN DEY OUT OF STATUS ....MAKE UNA TALK NOW .THANKS BROTHERS SSSSSSSSSS

Awww. I understand how you feel. Men, flights now are very costly. This is the peak period (July and August) for flights to the US and flight costs skyrocket heavily during this period. Flights that would ordinarily cost 150g will spiral to 350g. Its crazy. That's why you see people booking ahead of time, even if they haven't gotten their visas yet. Its a fair gamble because even if you still cannot make it on your flight date after purchasing the ticket you can cancel the flight and ask for a refund. The airline will charge $100 to $200 and refund you the rest. I'm very sure of Emirates. If you paid $900(N144,000) for a flight, and couldn't make it and demand for a refund, they charge you $200(N32,000) and refund you N112,000 which is a fair gamble as you have only N32,000 to lose as compared to waiting till you get your visa to book for N350,000, of which by then flight costs would have spiraled. What is N350,000 - N144,000 = N206,000 extra in flight costs that you must pay compared to ordinary N32,000 you stand to lose? sad

I checked all these and decided to be financially smart. I still have with me my flight ticket of $856 (N136,000) which I booked weeks ahead of time.

At this point, you have no option than to book at the cheapest you can see now. Moreover you're booking for just 4 days away which is a sure banker for you that you must pay heavily for it. I seriously feel for you, honestly. There's nothing you can do about it again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
imperiouxx: Cheers Find Out!
Lol. Imperiouxx baba, thanks ooo. Una do well smiley

Espice:

Congrats FindOut. Pls what airline did you take to Abuja? And I'm assuming you travelled from Lagos? Also how long is the drive from the airport to the main city?

Congrats once again man.
I flew Aero contractors from Lagos and both flights to and fro were annoyingly delayed tho the pilot of the first flight while apologising, explained that there is a shortage of aviation fuel in the country presently.. I headed to Area 2 straight from the airport and that took about 30-35 minutes. From the residence i stayed in Area 2 to the embassy was less than 5 minutes drive.

Mike-Will:

webstradamus: Congrats!!!

babsharon:

Thanks a lot guys smiley

foohard:

Congrats bro,

Was so scared of the guy cos of the north, east, south question... Its basically his reason for denying a lot of people on my interview day. Also, scared of the lady because the guy was issuing more VISA than her. I didn't know which of them to pray for buh I ended up in the lady's counter and my interview was smooth.

Note: I'm not a guru in the house but I think this should help. Always make your plan of coming back to your country show automatically in your responses. I must say Findout is lucky for the guy to have asked him, some VO may consider it waste of time while some may not even ask before they make their decisions.

Read my interview transcript and you will get what I'm saying, the lady was asking lot of questions and even had more denial than the guy but I think I knocked her out as she could not even ask further questions.

Findout: you said we are gonna book flight together, oya make it happen o.

Lastly, don't wait for any text or e-mail saying your passport is ready in abuja as I didn't get any. Thank God I listened to someone here that told me samething I'm telling you. Just go at COB for monday and your passport with VISA would be there. Was still sending an e-mail to track my passport while I was in DHL and the response still says my passport wasn't ready.

Again, congrats!

Lol. Yeah. Both of them were grilling applicants, but then i guess GA ?scholarship was a big advantage. Thanks a lot bro. My proxy will head there monday afternoon or tuesday morning to pick up for me and mail to Lagos via the same DHL immediately. So by tuesday/wednesday, hopefully, passport should be in my hands. About flight ehn, omo, d airlines are not smiling at all! Fares have hit the roof!I have a very very close family friend (who i stayed with in abuja) who also owns a travel agency. She just told me this morning that she has seen an Airfrance to Indianapolis next friday for 409k embarassed I myself checked wakanow and travel start and the cheapest fares i saw for August 9th was 443k!!! Less than a week agao, i stil saw KLM and Delta for 378k o but of course I couldnt book it then. Though your sponsor wil be paying, i suggest you book a flight like right now.

Ms Nas:
Congrats!!! Cheers to you, Find Out! wink
Pretty MsNas, thanks smiley
winbyforce: Congrats Find Out! Enjoy your USA
Lol @ smileys. thanks bro.

GboyegaD: Congrats Find Out and Goldfinger. Wish you both a pleasant experience and study in the US.
thanks boss.
bigfrancis21:

Congratulations find out! I've been waiting eagerly to hear your story!

You see, its good you traveled to Abuja the day before if not the flight delay would have affected you.

Congrats man! You did well.
Thanks bro. Twas a good thing i followed your advice. I'm sure i would have been seriously flustered if I arrived that morning on a delayed flight even if i was lucky enough to arrive the embassy before 10. Waiting for your own experience too bro coz i know you'll definitely get it by God's grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
oluwatosin4us: pls make unah help me out baba imperioux is it tru that f1 visa must book roundtrip and oneway is no more available. now i no get money again...pls wetin make i do i no fit deffer my admission now ...i don spend nah alabama i dey go oooooooooo help me out ...i don cry out now oooooo..pls i also need how to get a cheap flight , please email me if youhave any additional things for me , take your time pls ssssssss dammynol1_tm@yahoo.com or martinsadedipe@yahoo.com use anyone

No. You must not book for return. Oneway is what you should book for. And Emirates, which offers the cheapest flights prices, have had all their economy seats from now till august month end filled up! No more vacant economy seats for all Emirates planes leaving Nigeria from now till August ending. Terrible. If you're booking now, even after selecting 'economy', the result page will bring out only business class results and their prices for you as that's only what's available and they are way too effing costly. From $4700 and above which translates to N750,000. shocked.

For emirates, the prices return to normalcy again from september 1st/2nd week, and that's when Economy seats become vacant again.

I'll suggest you try other options. Have you tried Arik air?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 1:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Awww. I understand how you feel. Men, flights now are very costly. This is the peak period (July and August) for flights to the US and flight costs skyrocket heavily during this period. Flights that would ordinarily cost 150g will spiral to 350g. Its crazy. That's why you see people booking ahead of time, even if they haven't gotten their visas yet. Its a fair gamble because even if you still cannot make it on your flight date after purchasing the ticket you can cancel the flight and ask for a refund. The airline will charge $100 to $200 and refund you the rest. I'm very sure of Emirates. If you paid $900(N144,000) for a flight, and couldn't make it and demand for a refund, they charge you $200(N32,000) and refund you N112,000 which is a fair gamble as you have only N32,000 to lose as compared to waiting till you get your visa to book for N350,000, of which by then flight costs would have spiraled. What is N350,000 - N144,000 = N206,000 extra in flight costs that you must pay compared to ordinary N32,000 you stand to lose? sad

I checked all these and decided to be financially smart. I still have with me my flight ticket of $856 (N136,000) which I booked weeks ahead of time.

At this point, you have no option than to book at the cheapest you can see now. Moreover you're booking for just 4 days away which is a sure banker for you that you must pay heavily for it. I seriously feel for you, honestly. There's nothing you can do about it again.

E dey pain me o! i wish i had known all these things long ago embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 1:17pm On Aug 02, 2013
Yes! Airfares have gone through the roof. I paid through the nose for mine, despite the fact that I was booking almost a month ahead. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ms Nas:
Okay, this is how it happened.
We were in a straight file before entering the interview hall. And as we entered, there was another line for the initial checking of docs. Those doing that are Nigerians, I presume. Okay, so immediately I entered and joined that line, the security guy asked me to bring the slip I had with me (which contained number 120) and gave me one, which is 119. I dunno where he got it oo. He then gave my 120 to the girl behind me, collected her own 121, and gave it to the person behind her, collected that one's 122 and gave him 121 and so on.

The line moved quite fast and 119 showed on a guy's screen. There, the guy asked for my documents, perused it and gave me back the rest, except for my I-20 and my DS-160. He told me to go and sit down and that I'll soon be called for biometrics. After a while, my number showed on counter 7, which is where they do biometrics and the lady already had my passports and docs with her. She did the biometrics, returned my documents to me and told me to take a seat, that I'll soon be called for the interview.

Lo and behold, I sat there for like one hour and my number didn't come up. Those that we came in together had loong gone. When I couldn't take it anymore, I approached a security guy and told him, he said I should go and sit down that they'll call me, but I was adamant cos they had loooonnng passed my number. He said OK then, once you see any of the VOs that are free, just go to him/her.

As luck will have it, I sat down in the row in front of the white lady and immediately she finished somebody's interview I went to her. She was like "Did I call you?" I said no, and I held up my number and said "see, they skipped me" She said "oooohhh, we're so sorry, but you can see I already called someone, kindly wait till I finish with her and you can come"

She was even the one that called me when she finished. She was like " will ticket number 119 please come forward?"

The rest is history oo.
My story is long, I know. Sorry sad

Just seeing this, congrats dear!!!! Sorry for this being late
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tdalton700: 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
hello guys... i really appreciate this interactive thingy... first of all i would like to thank everyone helping out here and i must say this is one of the best and creative thing i have seen MADE IN NAIJA ... this forum guided me through my application last two years for my diploma to the UK, this same forum helped last year when i came back to naija to apply for my master degree in Int management to the UK ... i thank just-wise and a lot of them incase he is in this forum and if he is not i thank everyone else cos i just logged back on after a while... I would be completing my MSC next month but i have also applied for an MBA in health management to the USA since i would be submitting my dissertation in few days so i dont have to bother about the rest of the days ...and i am not sure how this usa student visa interview really work... i have gotten an admission from the uni in the USA and my interview date is this month .. the school resumes on the 26th.. PLS WHAT DOES ANYONE THINK.... IS IT ADVISABLE TO LET THE INTERVIEWER KNOW I AM AWAITING A RESULT FROM MY MSC IN UK OR I SHOULD WAIVE IT AND CLAIM ONLY MY FIRST DEGREE AND MY ADVANCE DIPLOMA? PLS ANYONE ADVICE I AM NOT SURE . [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
virgin ice: Shulda posted dis a week bfor buh bin so busy.........MY TRIP (wrote dis on my way to kansas @ JFK):....PEACE

Welcome to the land of the free and the home of the brave. There is a part of your story I have a question on. Do you mean your Arik flight didn't leave Nigeria until 4am? I have heard so much about these guys and I am beginning to get scared that hope it isn't a wrong airline to have booked my ticket with cos I got a 7am flight the morning we are expected to land.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
kpolli:

Just seeing this, congrats dear!!!! Sorry for this being late
Aww, thanks Kpolli kiss Better late than never abi? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ms Nas: Vigin Ice, so you live at Festac? Woowww! shocked. We're practically neighbours oo. grin
Your experience was hilarious tho, the tattoo part got me cheesy

Ms Nas, do you rep Festac too? As far as I am concerned, that is the best neighborhood to live in. I rep Festac from cradle till forever cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
oluwatosin4us: pls make unah help me out baba imperioux is it tru that f1 visa must book roundtrip and oneway is no more available. now i no get money again...pls wetin make i do i no fit deffer my admission now ...i don spend nah alabama i dey go oooooooooo help me out ...i don cry out now oooooo..pls i also need how to get a cheap flight , please email me if youhave any additional things for me , take your time pls ssssssss dammynol1_tm@yahoo.com or martinsadedipe@yahoo.com use anyone

Check bt-store, they got good prices incase the price you are seeing on wakanow is too high. Where are you travelling to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
@Virgin Ice...grin grin grin

I so much love your story. I'm laughing real hard at it. A Nigerian girl in US for the first time. Must be quite a shocker for the difference in technology and environment. grin grin

Get up Madam and find your way.

My brain now clicked it was a transparent train. A train at 3rd floor!!! Naija, foolish govt, bfor we go reach dis technology ehn, 2040 go don reach lol.

Those parts got me laughing the hardest! Lmao

Can't wait to read the rest of your story. Safe journey to Kansas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
Bros! We wer suppose to leave 11.50pm. Imagine d flimsy excuse: NO FUEL! Since mrn, wat wer dey doing Ppl signed petition against dem dat night. If u don't av a connecting flight or u aint rushing, u'd b good. I jus pray u don't experience der issues
GboyegaD:

Welcome to the land of the free and the home of the brave. There is a part of your story I have a question on. Do you mean your Arik flight didn't leave Nigeria until 4am? I have heard so much about these guys and I am beginning to get scared that hope it isn't a wrong airline to have booked my ticket with cos I got a 7am flight the morning we are expected to land.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
tdalton700: hello guys... i really appreciate this interactive thingy... first of all i would like to thank everyone helping out here and i must say this is one of the best and creative thing i have seen MADE IN NAIJA ... this forum guided me through my application last two years for my diploma to the UK, this same forum helped last year when i came back to naija to apply for my master degree in Int management to the UK ... i thank just-wise and a lot of them incase he is in this forum and if he is not i thank everyone else cos i just logged back on after a while... I would be completing my MSC next month but i have also applied for an MBA in health management to the USA since i would be submitting my dissertation in few days so i dont have to bother about the rest of the days ...and i am not sure how this usa student visa interview really work... i have gotten an admission from the uni in the USA and my interview date is this month .. the school resumes on the 26th.. PLS WHAT DOES ANYONE THINK.... IS IT ADVISABLE TO LET THE INTERVIEWER KNOW I AM AWAITING A RESULT FROM MY MSC IN UK OR I SHOULD WAIVE IT AND CLAIM ONLY MY FIRST DEGREE AND MY ADVANCE DIPLOMA? PLS ANYONE ADVICE I AM NOT SURE . [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

First off, where will you be attending your student visa interview? Here in Nigeria or over there in UK?

I don't think mentioning your UK MSc degree in line is necessary. Just go with your MBA masters admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
Lolsssss!!!!!! D tin is I dint complete d story ooo! My flight was in july 22nd. D rest of d story wulda bin interesting buh I jus never completed it. I wrote ds wan cos I was jus so bored at JFK while waiting on my next flight....tnx all dsame lols
bigfrancis21: @Virgin Ice...grin grin grin

I so much love your story. I'm laughing real hard at it. A Nigerian girl in US for the first time. Must be quite a shocker for the difference in technology and environment. grin grin

Those parts got me laughing the hardest! Lmao

Can't wait to read the rest of your story. Safe journey to Kansas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2013
virgin ice: Bros! We wer suppose to leave 11.50pm. Imagine d flimsy excuse: NO FUEL! Since mrn, wat wer dey doing Ppl signed petition against dem dat night. If u don't av a connecting flight or u aint rushing, u'd b good. I jus pray u don't experience der issues

I have another flight to catch up at 7am so that I can meet up with an International flight scheduled for 10am the morning I arrive. I have been adding them in my prayer since the day someone told me that they usually leave Nigeria very late cos when I was coming back, we left at about 12:30 which was fair although the flight was for 12noon.
Hope you aren't missing Festac too much?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
@Ms Nas! I will contact u shortly grin.....festac no dey carry last.
shocked @ GboyegaD rep'n festac too

Av missed alot @ thread....30 somtin pages cry to catch up wit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tdalton700: 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
Thanks BigFrancis.... my interview is in Lagos Nigeria... plus i am abit nervous cos i was denied visa twice to the usa last two years and last 14months... though it was a different visa applctn (visiting and conference respectively) on the gound of lack of strong ties to my home.. the first was denied in IRELAND while the other in Abuja Nigeria... and i also wanna know if applying to just two school is a problem cos i notice someone mentioned applying to more than 4 schools is advisable...
i only applied to two school.. got one admission and awaiting the review of the other... Virginia International university admitted me and waiting for the one in California
bigfrancis21:

First off, where will you be attending your student visa interview? Here in Nigeria or over there in UK?

I don't think mentioning your UK MSc degree in line is necessary. Just go with your MBA masters admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
tdalton700: Thanks BigFrancis.... my interview is in Lagos Nigeria... plus i am abit nervous cos i was denied visa twice to the usa last two years and last 14months... though it was a different visa applctn (visiting and conference respectively) on the gound of lack of strong ties to my home.. the first was denied in IRELAND while the other in Abuja Nigeria... and i also wanna know if applying to just two school is a problem cos i notice someone mentioned applying to more than 4 schools is advisable...
i only applied to two school.. got one admission and awaiting the review of the other... Virginia International university admitted me and waiting for the one in California

Trouble dey!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
@ Arik, I wont even use dem again......@ festac, no place like home cos I was even born in Goldencross (festac) buh wat kan I say? No more agboju market lolssss....

Av a safe trip
GboyegaD:

I have another flight to catch up at 7am so that I can meet up with an International flight scheduled for 10am the morning I arrive. I have been adding them in my prayer since the day someone told me that they usually leave Nigeria very late cos when I was coming back, we left at about 12:30 which was fair although the flight was for 12noon.
Hope you aren't missing Festac too much?

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.