Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487628 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
De Tus: @Lentywilly, I-20 again? Jesus. Pls do not be sad. I think God didn't want you to go at this time. Your case is smiliar to mine. Though it was sponsorship inaccurancy. Was so blind that I couldn't detect it. Even my parents didn't detect it too. Was later revealed to us at the church that something nasty could have happened to me in the US. That the man who interviewed me really loved me. That he acted like a father as well as my God. LOL!

Thank you De Tus - You just made my day. Now I am laughing and all the tension wey dey my body before don commot. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
De Tus: @webstradamus, U wanna know? Hahaha
Never mind ... lol

De Tus: @webstradamus, that's great. It seems like you're a very good business man. I like that lol. Give me five:-)

Haha ... just thought I should share some tips with the folks here ... especially the newly arrived.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
@ojap, hahaha i think so. He's bringing a good business so that we can save money. I'm so glad rightnow! America will be like the UK soon. The british worship money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
webstradamus:

Bros which church you dey go? grin grin grin

Na only bad things them dey reveal.Why them no see b4? Bad things dey happen both here and there!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2013
OjaP:

Is Webstradamus an Igbo man? shocked shocked

No sir grin I got the drift from a friend and thought most people here would find it beneficial so I decided to share.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
OjaP:

Is Webstradamus an Igbo man? shocked shocked

grin grin he's a business man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
De Tus: @ojap, hahaha i think so. He's bringing a good business so that we can save money. I'm so glad rightnow! America will be like the UK soon. The british worship money.

Lol ... you know I didn't even think of that! Now who's the real IGBO? grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
@webstradamus, you man hahaha. You might be one of those guys that always play smart in everything. I think Walmart should employ u coz u gonna bring a lot of money for them hahaha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
webstradamus: Just in case anyone is still looking for a cost-effective (or should I say cost-free grin) way of transferring money from their GTB account to their US bank account, simply go to any Walmart and purchase a money order in your name using your GTB Naira Mastercard. You can then pay in the money order to your US bank account. You do not incur any charges from GTB (since it is a POS transaction) and the money order only costs $0.70 (70 cents). If you ask me I'd say this is the cheapest and fastest way to transfer funds to the US from Naija. However, maximum you can go on a single money order is $1000 so if you wanted to transfer say $5000, you would have to purchase 5 money orders (total cost will be $3.50). Imagine how much savings you would be making when compared to doing a wire transfer! Plus you get your money instantly!!

I like this. Very cool. I've noted this. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
webstradamus:

No sir grin I got the drift from a friend and thought most people here would find it beneficial so I decided to share.

Yes we will. I only need to find out if I can withdraw with an ACCESS BANK card. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

grin grin he's a business man

And who are the most successful business men in Nigeria? lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
Can someone please give me a list of sites to book cheap flights to NY(JFK) ? Why on earth would I fly economy in 2weeks time for $4,000 to JFK. Ridiculous!!!.. angry
In between is Thursday/Friday really public holidays? Hope its a joke cos I don't have an ATM card for the account my money is. sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 7:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
lentywilly:
He is the one. God will visit him one day. He'll grant everyone Visa one day.
Bro na d guy denied me o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2013
@Flynbird, tickets are really expensive now. And tomorrow and next is indeed public holidays. Were you caught napping?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lentywilly: 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2013
oyetpel:
Bro na d guy denied me o
Dont mind him jooh. he was meant to interview me but he went for lunch during my turn before i went to a nice and jovial lady on counter 9. The way she denied me VISA was sexy. i'm sure she knows already that i'll be denied just collected my data and saved it on their system incase of my next interview. oyibo too wise. but i go soon wise pass them....... soonest!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by TaylorGang: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pls cn I apply for an emergency appointment..I was denied on the 30th of july and my skl resumes on 19th of august..I was denied coz I was stammering..am a stammerer..lemme post my 1st interview
Lagos(appointment was 7:30am)..v.o is a guy(I saw him dat morning wen a speed boat brought dem..d guy was smoking)
Me:gud morning
V:0: didn't respond
V:0: why do u wanna study in d US
Me: am going for my bsc program in international studies@concord University athens west virgina
V.0: hw many skls did u apply to?
Me: 4
V:0: name them
Me: I named d four wit their location
V:0: mention sm exams like Act,Sat,Gre and asked me which 1 I took
Me: I took Sat
V:0: what's ur score
Me:1020
V:0: started tying and afta sm few mins..he said dose annoying words..dat was it o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

Mine was replied through email. I paid an officer in the exams and records in the admin who monitored everything so that it's fast. He told me everything including the time they received photocopy of documents from WES and when the reply email was sent to WES. Everything correlates because the day he told me they have replied WES was the day my status changed to evaluation is in progress on WES website.

PS: WES verification reply from Nigerian schools is by email so that the process is fast.
Oh, okay. Point taken smiley But I can categorically say, my school only replies via Paper. When I went for my verification, and I was told to search for my WES documents, i saw well over 30 prepared verifications and many more still awaiting vetting. The lady told me my school only replies via paper. Nawa o, I no know why their own dey different grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nifty: 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
ms NAS pay your skool so they can reply them via fedex or dhl...........pay them courier fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
nifty: ms NAS pay your skool so they can reply them via fedex or dhl...........pay them courier fee

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
@Members who have travelled this fall season: how was the experience at the port of entry at JFK like? What am I to expect? I'd be entering through JFK. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
nifty: ms NAS pay your skool so they can reply them via fedex or dhl...........pay them courier fee
Wetin you dey talk? grin Make dem carry my money drink malt abi?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 9:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
webstradamus: Just in case anyone is still looking for a cost-effective (or should I say cost-free grin) way of transferring money from their GTB account to their US bank account, simply go to any Walmart and purchase a money order in your name using your GTB Naira Mastercard. You can then pay in the money order to your US bank account. You do not incur any charges from GTB (since it is a POS transaction) and the money order only costs $0.70 (70 cents). If you ask me I'd say this is the cheapest and fastest way to transfer funds to the US from Naija. However, maximum you can go on a single money order is $1000 so if you wanted to transfer say $5000, you would have to purchase 5 money orders (total cost will be $3.50). Imagine how much savings you would be making when compared to doing a wire transfer! Plus you get your money instantly!!

Tnx for sharing this new info, but i'll like to know if you have tried this yourself.

Want to be sure before going over to Walmart, you know it might be too late to retract after making the transaction.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ms Nas:
Oh, okay. Point taken smiley But I can categorically say, my school only replies via Paper. When I went for my verification, and I was told to search for my WES documents, i saw well over 30 prepared verifications and many more still awaiting vetting. The lady told me my school only replies via paper. Nawa o, I no know why their own dey different grin

That's called School of Hard knock! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 10:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
flynbird: Can someone please give me a list of sites to book cheap flights to NY(JFK) ? Why on earth would I fly economy in 2weeks time for $4,000 to JFK. Ridiculous!!!.. angry
In between is Thursday/Friday really public holidays? Hope its a joke cos I don't have an ATM card for the account my money is. sad

Try and fly from Ghana and it should be cheaper there.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/CheapFlights?geo=293796&travelers=1&cos=0&nonstop=no&airport0=NYC&nearby0=yes&airport1=ACC&nearby1=yes&date0=20130815&time0=anytime&provider0=Travelocity&cr=1

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
flynbird: Can someone please give me a list of sites to book cheap flights to NY(JFK) ? Why on earth would I fly economy in 2weeks time for $4,000 to JFK. Ridiculous!!!.. angry

@bolded, HAAAA!!!! Anyway, not to worry. na to borrow cash from person wey get ATM refund am on Monday. Try Travelstart.com.ng for flights. It's just like wakanow but I think you'll find cheaper flights there than on wakanow (my experience).

But be careful, make sure you call to confirm that the booking is still valid before you make payment. Ticket prices are indeed craaaaazyyyy now o!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 11:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
House. My I-20 reads resumption of 15th Aug but orientation is 22th and 23th August(orientation mail sent to me) and I want to travel on the 19th Aug.Hope I won't ve problem @ POE.Also my sch did nt send me any immunization requirements,should I go ahead and take immunizations?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nifty: 11:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
@nas na the only way wey sure be that my school show me small pepper b4 them reply wes,i bypassed those junior officers and got my registrar's number off the school website naso i beg the woman ooo,sharp sharp tinz 3 days them reply wes oooo,nd
@bigfrancis jfk no big hassles came in through there this time last year them no even check my bag them just ask me say shey i carry garri,egusi,gala nd all sort OYINBO peeps ooo funny
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 11:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
eduson002: House. My I-20 reads resumption of 15th Aug but orientation is 22th and 23th August(orientation mail sent to me) and I want to travel on the 19th Aug.Hope I won't ve problem @ POE.Also my sch did nt send me any immunization requirements,should I go ahead and take immunizations?

Get yourself into the US on or before 15th! Anything after that, without a letter from your school, is risking deportation bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 11:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
Where's my paddy Amefrica?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 11:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
nifty: @nas na the only way wey sure be that my school show me small pepper b4 them reply wes,i bypassed those junior officers and got my registrar's number off the school website naso i beg the woman ooo,sharp sharp tinz 3 days them reply wes oooo,nd
@bigfrancis jfk no big hassles came in through there this time last year them no even check my bag them just ask me say shey i carry garri,egusi,gala nd all sort OYINBO peeps ooo funny
Lol.Lady Luck smiled on me too, the woman in charge of the verification was originally the secretary to my department Head. So she knew me well. But she delayed me o, told me to sit down in her office, since like 10am, talking my head off. She eventually typed the letter o (something that contained 2 measly paragraphs) around 5pm. Took me a day to get my verification from them. But wetin my eye see ehn?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mystiqme: 12:45am On Aug 08, 2013
kayak.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.