Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488039 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babbs45: 12:49am On Aug 08, 2013
De Tus: @webstradamus, you man hahaha. You might be one of those guys that always play smart in everything. I think Walmart should employ u coz u gonna bring a lot of money for them hahaha.

Walmart Ke!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mystiqme: 12:55am On Aug 08, 2013
Getting a relatively cheap flight taking off two weeks from now is a little difficult, and you might have to make the sacrifice of prolonged layovers in order to get cheaper prices.
I found this though.......
flynbird: Can someone please give me a list of sites to book cheap flights to NY(JFK) ? Why on earth would I fly economy in 2weeks time for $4,000 to JFK. Ridiculous!!!.. angry
In between is Thursday/Friday really public holidays? Hope its a joke cos I don't have an ATM card for the account my money is. sad

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomisley: 2:02am On Aug 08, 2013
thanks for the information..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomisley: 2:04am On Aug 08, 2013
thanks bro for the information..
Ricky Rozay:

NO Sir. NEVER make any commitment to any school by depositing part payment of your tuition fee as this is not a Prerequisite to getting a US VISA..

The US system is far different from the UK system where you will need to make deposit to your school before applying for your Visa.

The US Embassy strongly advice prospective students wishing to study in the US never to make any commitment to any school until you have procured your Visa..

So the best thing for you is to apply for admission in the school, get admitted and get your admission letter and i-20 from the school and apply for your visa.. Simple!!!!

Look for a school that doesn't require tuition deposit as prerequisite to getting your i-20 package from them..

As US visa issurance is NOT guaranteed. whether you make part payment of tuition fee or full payment...

Your case will be treated the same way with those that didn't make any tuition deposit.. So no preferential treatment for people who paid tuition deposit.. And morever the US Embassy won't even know you made tuition deposit...

AFTER getting your Visa, you can go ahead to make your tuition deposit to the school whether part or full....

Hope this helps..

Cheers..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walex57(m): 2:45am On Aug 08, 2013
Hello my people...wetin dey happen?...I do hope a lot of people are coming in for the fall semester!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 3:04am On Aug 08, 2013
bigfrancis21: @Members who have travelled this fall season: how was the experience at the port of entry at JFK like? What am I to expect? I'd be entering through JFK. Thanks.
smooth, no hassles, my bag wasnt even checked.JFK is always kool.Atlanta is the most stressful port of entry...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 6:55am On Aug 08, 2013
Barka de sallah to all muslim brothers and sisters in the house grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by TaylorGang: 9:06am On Aug 08, 2013
Pls cn I apply for an emergency appointment..I was denied on the 30th of july and my skl resumes on 19th of august..I was denied coz I was stammering..am a stammerer..lemme post my 1st interview
Lagos(appointment was 7:30am)..v.o is a guy(I saw him dat morning wen a speed boat brought dem..d guy was smoking)
Me:gud morning
V:0: didn't respond
V:0: why do u wanna study in d US
Me: am going for my bsc program in international studies@concord University athens west virgina
V.0: hw many skls did u apply to?
Me: 4
V:0: name them
Me: I named d four wit their location
V:0: mention sm exams like Act,Sat,Gre and asked me which 1 I took
Me: I took Sat
V:0: what's ur score
Me:1020
V:0: started tying and afta sm few mins..he said dose annoying words..dat was it o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:58am On Aug 08, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:05am On Aug 08, 2013
fadinus: Where's my paddy Amefrica?

Justwise Banned him.. I no even know wetin d guy do wey justwise just dey ban innocent peeps for here... Banning is justwise's hobby... E dey always sweet am for bele to dey ban people....

And Amefrica has a testimony to share with everyone here.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 10:25am On Aug 08, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Justwise Banned him.. I no even know wetin d guy do wey justwise just dey ban innocent peeps for here... Banning is justwise's hobby... E dey always sweet am for bele to dey ban people....

And Amefrica has a testimony to share with everyone here.....

Na wa o, the guy truly has a testimony to share o, Am sure he aced his Toefl.

Justwise as u dey read this message make u unban my guy Amefrica kitakita or else........

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:07am On Aug 08, 2013
TaylorGang: Pls cn I apply for an emergency appointment..I was denied on the 30th of july and my skl resumes on 19th of august..I was denied coz I was stammering..am a stammerer..lemme post my 1st interview
Lagos(appointment was 7:30am)..v.o is a guy(I saw him dat morning wen a speed boat brought dem..d guy was smoking)
Me:gud morning
V:0: didn't respond
V:0: why do u wanna study in d US
Me: am going for my bsc program in international studies@concord University athens west virgina
V.0: hw many skls did u apply to?
Me: 4
V:0: name them
Me: I named d four wit their location
V:0: mention sm exams like Act,Sat,Gre and asked me which 1 I took
Me: I took Sat
V:0: what's ur score
Me:1020
V:0: started tying and afta sm few mins..he said dose annoying words..dat was it o

Yes, go ahead and apply. There's no harm in trying. But first you'll have to book for any date you see there on the calendar, whether next year. After booking successfully, the 'emergency request' link option will show on the left hand side of your home page. Click on it, fill out the form, attach your I20 and sevis fee payment receipt and submit. They'll reply you in a few days telling you your request has been approved. In my own case, they replied me in less than 24 hours by email telling me my request had been approved. Then you log back into your account, cancel that date you chose initially, and go back to the calendar. You'll see many dates for you to choose from. You then pick one and book successfully.

Let's hope it goes as planned, given your earlier denial.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 11:41am On Aug 08, 2013
Mystiqme: Getting a relatively cheap flight taking off two weeks from now is a little difficult, and you might have to make the sacrifice of prolonged layovers in order to get cheaper prices.
I found this though.......

There's a stop at Manchester on QuatarAir. Wouldn't I need a transit visa for stopping there? JW
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2013
flynbird:

There's a stop at Manchester on QuatarAir. Wouldn't I need a transit visa for stopping there? JW

When is your School resuming? Hope u can still meet up.. Why not go with Royal air Maroc.. I think dey are the cheapest u can get for now.. They fly to Morrocco first and then to JFK NewYork...

And you don't need any transit visa when you get to Morrocco.

I got 16th of August yesterday for Royal Air maroc. But didn't bother booking anymore because I got other plans....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2013
fadinus:

Na wa o, the guy truly has a testimony to share o, Am sure he aced his Toefl.

Justwise as u dey read this message make u unban my guy Amefrica kitakita or else........

Complete that.

He will serve the full length of his ban
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2013
flynbird:

You shouldn't need a transit visa but I would confirm from the airline. I once flew BA from Abuja - New York via London Heathrow and didn't require a transit visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2013
Barka da Salah to all the Muslim Ummah.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

When is your School resuming? Hope u can still meet up.. Why not go with Royal air Maroc.. I think dey are the cheapest u can get for now.. They fly to Morrocco first and then to JFK NewYork...

I got 16th of August yesterday for Royal Air maroc. But didn't bother booking anymore because I got other plans....

Have you gotten a flight yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2013
webstradamus:

Have you gotten a flight yet?

Yes I got a flight but Won't be going for the Fall anymore.. I intend going for spring 2014.. So will defer my admission to Spring to allow me enough time to Plan ahead..

There are so many things for me to settle before leaving for the US, so I'm trying to be mindful so I won't fall out of status when I get to the US..

But will be jetting out by First week of December bro, So by then I will take advantage of the very low cost of Flight ticket when I book down in advance.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Yes I got a flight but Won't be going for the Fall anymore.. I intend going for spring 2014.. So will defer my admission to Spring to allow me enough time to Plan ahead..

There are so many things for me to settle before leaving for the US, so I'm trying to be mindful so I won't fall out of status when I get to the US..

But will be jetting out by First week of December bro, So by then I will take advantage of the very low cost of Flight ticket when I book down in advance.....

Sounds good!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onuawuchi: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2013
I'm posting on this thread for the first time. I'd like to know my chance of getting into a graduate school in the states for a Masters degree in economics with this profile:

Bsc Economics 3.98/5.0 (2005)
GRE: V 145: Q 151 ( I know its a low one. I think I was tricked on my gre. Wrote three sections for Quantitative,instead of two: Computer error I suppose)
Work Experience: 2008-date

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2013
onuawuchi: I'm posting on this thread for the first time. I'd like to know my chance of getting into a graduate school in the states for a Masters degree in economics with this profile:

GRE: V 145: Q 151 ( I know its a low one. I think I was tricked on my gre. Wrote three sections for Quantitative,instead of two: Computer error I suppose)

You have α good profile, google search for schools and mail them with your GRE score if they will accept it. When searching don't look @ d top schools because some of them requires 300 plus †̥o be accepted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onuawuchi: 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2013
babsharon:
You have α good profile, google search for schools and mail them with your GRE score if they will accept it.
Thanks brou... I hope it will be fine too for the VO's, cos admission is one thing while visa nah plenty things
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zigggy: 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Rozay hw much did u book royal air
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2013
onuawuchi: I'm posting on this thread for the first time. I'd like to know my chance of getting into a graduate school in the states for a Masters degree in economics with this profile:

No you were not tricked. There's usually an experimental section; which could either be verbal or quantitative. I guess yours was quantitative.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onuawuchi: 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2013
kofsy:
No you were not tricked. There's usually an experimental section; which could either be verbal or quantitative. I guess yours was quantitative.
Seriously, they really dealt with me with that one ooo. Cos i noticed that after the first section of my quantitative it graduated to a more difficult section and was happy with the thought i did good in the first section. Never knew they'll touch my medulla with that brain crashing experimental stuff. Guess i didn't see it coming
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hello house, I just came across this link. I think it will be helpful to all prospective US student who got their F-1 student Visa APPROVED and are planning to transfer to another University in the US without attending their current university showed on their Student Visa for the First semester..

Before making any decision you need to think twice so as not to jeopardize your Immigration Status.

Read the link below, it will be helpful;

www.redbus2us.com/can-i-transfer-to-another-us-university-before-first-semester-what-are-the-conditions-for-transfer-key-considerations-for-transferring-in-first-week/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
justwise:

Complete that.

He will serve the full length of his ban

Or Else .......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Hello house, I just came across this link. I think it will be helpful to all prospective US student who got their F-1 student Visa APPROVED and are planning to transfer to another University in the US without attending their current university showed on their Student Visa for a First semester..

Before making any decision you need to think twice so as not to jeopardize your Immigration Status.

Read the link below, it will be helpful;

www.redbus2us.com/can-i-transfer-to-another-us-university-before-first-semester-what-are-the-conditions-for-transfer-key-considerations-for-transferring-in-first-week/

And most important. Don't enter US until it's within 30 days of the new school's resumption. Else, some schools will ask you to spend the first semester with them.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2013
House! pls is there any restriction on the kind of food stuff i can bring to US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by worry359(m): 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2013
bones007: House! pls is there any restriction on the kind of food stuff i can bring to US?
YOU could have looked this up yourself on Google!!!!

US Food Restrictions

When entering the United States from Mexico or Canada, travelers may bring bakery items and some types of cheese across the border without worrying about being inspected. Other items that are generally accepted include packaged coffee, tea, condiments and spices, among others. Refrain from bringing rice across the border; according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's border patrol website, rice can harbor unwanted insects. Other banned items include meat products; some exceptions do apply. In many cases, you cannot bring foreign fruits and vegetables.
Full details here
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/82/~/travelers-bringing-food-into-the-u.s.-for-personal-use
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 7:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
worry 359:
YOU could have looked this up yourself on Google!!!!

US Food Restrictions

When entering the United States from Mexico or Canada, travelers may bring bakery items and some types of cheese across the border without worrying about being inspected. Other items that are generally accepted include packaged coffee, tea, condiments and spices, among others. Refrain from bringing rice across the border; according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's border patrol website, rice can harbor unwanted insects. Other banned items include meat products; some exceptions do apply. In many cases, you cannot bring foreign fruits and vegetables.
Full details here
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/82/~/travelers-bringing-food-into-the-u.s.-for-personal-use

ohh thanks alot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.