Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489472 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:34am On Aug 13, 2013
imperiouxx: @Gboyega,

I sent you text message twice, one on Sunday morning and the other, the afternoon but still didn't get reply.

No vex. Text rate is damn high on this end to International Numbers. I have responded to you via facebook this morning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:46am On Aug 13, 2013
sholay2011:
151- verbal, 156- qtytative lipsrsealed

You may be asked to rewrite the GRE if you want TAMU, College Station because their minimum quantitative requirement is 162 if you are applying for PhD. 156 in the quantitative is damn very low and I will advice you rewrite the exam focus more on the quantitative if you want to get into top schools. If it is Masters you are applying to, you should be fine.
A safety school for your quantitative score will be Utah State University however, their next admission into their Doctoral Program in Economics is Fall, 2015 which is a long time from now. You can also check University of Mississippi or Mississippi State University. I know one of them admits for Phd Economics in Fall of 2014.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sholay2011(m): 10:47am On Aug 13, 2013
GboyegaD:

You may be asked to rewrite the GRE if you want TAMU, College Station because their minimum quantitative requirement is 162 if you are applying for PhD. 156 in the quantitative is damn very low and I will advice you rewrite the exam focus more on the quantitative if you want to get into top schools. If it is Masters you are applying to, you should be fine.
A safety school for your quantitative score will be Utah State University however, their next admission into their Doctoral Program in Economics is Fall, 2015 which is a long time from now. You can also check University of Mississippi or Mississippi State University. I know one of them admits for Phd Economics in Fall of 2014.
Na Masters I wan do...not PhD. Tnx for ur response all the same.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:00am On Aug 13, 2013
kofsy:

LOL! which one is this "aunty" you are adding to my moniker? Stop it jor smiley

Thanks for the felicitation. Your well wishes and prayers were not in vain smiley

Lwkmd. grin

No be wetin you tell am make e call you?
kofsy:

Ah!!! na me your aunty you dey call girlfriend? if i catch you cheesy cheesy

Anyways, congrats on you admission. smiley smiley you are good to go.

And thanks for the best wishes. wishing you same as you proceed to the crucial phase of the process. Your visa is waiting for you bro.... cheers

@Bolded...Aunty Kofsy!!! shocked grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2013
Shola shola wink winkI saw the way you were serious with that analytical writing cheesy You wanted to kill it grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 13, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Lwkmd. grin

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh Uncle Bigfrancis lemme jor cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 13, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Lwkmd. grin

Hahahahahaha! Big Francis no go kill person shaa.... No mind Aunty Kofsy jaree..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sholay2011(m): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2013
kofsy: Shola shola wink winkI saw the way you were serious with that analytical writing cheesy You wanted to kill it grin
Hmmm....so you even saw me. This has made my day grin Kill analytical writing ke? Hmm...lemme see d results sha. But I kinda enjoyed d argumentative than the issue task.

E kaasan Aunty Kofsy grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:42am On Aug 13, 2013
sholay2011:
Na Masters I wan do...not PhD. Tnx for ur response all the same.

Ok. If you want funding, I will suggest you apply into programs without PhD in economics as they have better funding opportunities than those which have phd because they consider PhD student more for funding. You can use the American Economic Association to get the list of schools who have graduate programs in Economics to aid in your search. Their website is: www.aeaweb.org.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sholay2011(m): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2013
GboyegaD:

Ok. If you want funding, I will suggest you apply into programs without PhD in economics as they have better funding opportunities than those which have phd because they consider PhD student more for funding. You can use the American Economic Association to get the list of schools who have graduate programs in Economics to aid in your search. Their website is: www.aeaweb.org.
God bless you. Tnx bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by twAYz: 11:51am On Aug 13, 2013
Hello House, Please am having a challenge and I would appreciate if I get ur response ASAP. I hav bn given admission to study International Business (Bs) in MSU. I am to resume in Sch by Aug 20th 2013, but I got a date for interview @ d embassy for 29th of this month.Effort to get another date by a person (agent) assisting with earlier date has been futile till now.Am not comfortable wt d situatn again. Should I mail d skul to extend my resumptn date (don't know if they will grant)? Or defer my admission to spring next year (despite I will like to go ds year). Please "Mighty" Imperiouxx,Superbrain,Gboyega,Bigfrancis 'n' d whole house kindly help a brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by joelinsewa: 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
Pls ouse,I need to speak wit anybody dat knows any one in Mississipi State .or is any1 here attending Mississipi College
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
sholay2011:
Hmmm....so you even saw me. This has made my day grin Kill analytical writing ke? Hmm...lemme see d results sha. But I kinda enjoyed d argumentative than the issue task.

E kaasan Aunty Kofsy grin grin

Looooooollllzzzzzzzzz don't tell me you didn't see me? *rme* what was I wearing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
twAYz: Hello House, Please am having a challenge and I would appreciate if I get ur response ASAP. I hav bn given admission to study International Business (Bs) in MSU. I am to resume in Sch by Aug 20th 2013, but I got a date for interview @ d embassy for 29th of this month.Effort to get another date by a person (agent) assisting with earlier date has been futile till now.Am not comfortable wt d situatn again. Should I mail d skul to extend my resumptn date (don't know if they will grant)? Or defer my admission to spring next year (despite I will like to go ds year). Please "Mighty" Imperiouxx,Superbrain,Gboyega,Bigfrancis 'n' d whole house kindly help a brother.

Even if you want to defer, MSU won't allow you handle the application yourself anymore.. They now require all Nigerian Students wishing to study in their school to apply through EducationUSA due to the high rate of Visa denials..

That's the problem I'm facing now.. I have already gotten my student visa for fall 2013 and I want to defer my admission to spring 2014.. They asking me for another New Bank statement and they are saying I should go through EducationUSA..

Me I'm just confused jare.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
kofsy: ok! I did my GRE today and I'm not pleased... I had 154 in verbal and 152 in quantitative. My quant score is kinda lower than i expected cos the questions where quite simple and i think i got at least 14 questions right in each of the two sections. sad sad sad sad sad could there have been an error

I want to thank Gboyega once again.... The Barron's actually helped me in my quants. God bless you.

Bigfrancis, pings sent to you are not delivering. whats up?

congrats kofsy on ur exams. pls I'll like to know what edition of d Barron u used & if u can help me wit it.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
idalex:

congrats kofsy on ur exams. pls I'll like to know what edition of d Barron u used & if u can help me wit it.
thanks
Ah! My cousin already asked for it sad sad its the 19th edition
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by twAYz: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
mr swagger:

Even if you want to defer, MSU won't allow you handle the application yourself anymore.. They now require all Nigerian Students wishing to study in their school to apply through EducationUSA due to the high rate of Visa denials..

That's the problem I'm facing now.. I have already gotten my student visa for fall 2013 and I want to defer my admission to spring 2014.. They asking me for another New Bank statement and they are saying I should go through EducationUSA..

Me I'm just confused jare.....

Pls,what do u advice I do in my case?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
kofsy:
Ah! My cousin already asked for it sad sad its the 19th edition
no problem. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sholay2011(m): 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
kofsy:

Looooooollllzzzzzzzzz don't tell me you didn't see me? *rme* what was I wearing?
Erm...was it you that wore dangling earrings? And used earmuffs almost thruout ur paper? And maybe ur blouse is somewhat black?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
twAYz: .

Pls,what do u advice I do in my case?

My brother ur own case is just simple.. Defer your admission straight to the point...

There is no time again for you anymore since ur school is resuming on the 20th of August which is nxt week tuesday. When will u even have time to book flight, processing of visa, delays at the airport or even settle in.

There are too many tins to consider.. You self check it and u will see it is not possible again for u to meet up for this fall.. Just go for spring bro, by then you will have ample of time to plan and book appointment as early as possible and taking advantage of cheap flight ticket when u book in advance.

Assuming MSU resumes next month september, it wud have been much possible for you to meet up..

Email MSU and tell them you want to defer your admission.. They will definately tell you to go thru EducationUSA, and I will advice you oblige to their rules.. Because it is now Mandatory for Nigerian applicants to apply through EducationUSA due to the high rate of Visa Denials..

Just go to EducationUSA at the US consulate and make your enquiry.. If you still don't like this idea of going through EdaucationUSA, you can try applying to other schools towards spring 2014 that don't require EdactionUSA.. And you need to do that asap because deadlines for admission into spring 2014 is almost near.

The spring 2014 session is already around the corner.

But I think with EducationUSA, you stand a very high chance of getting your Visa...

Cheers bro...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by twAYz: 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
mr swagger:

My brother ur own case is just simple.. Defer your admission straight to the point...

There is no time again for you anymore since ur school is resuming on the 20th of August which is nxt week tuesday. When will u even have time to book flight, processing of visa, delays at the airport or even settle in.

There are too many tins to consider.. You self check it and u will see it is not possible again for u to meet up for this fall.. Just go for spring bro, by then you will have ample of time to plan and book appointment as early as possible and taking advantage of cheap flight ticket when u book in advance.

Assuming MSU resumes next month september, it wud have been much possible for you to meet up..

Email MSU and tell them you want to defer your admission.. They will definately tell you to go thru EducationUSA, and I will advice you oblige to their rules.. Because it is now Mandatory for Nigerian applicants to apply through EducationUSA due to the high rate of Visa Denials..

Just go to EducationUSA at the US consulate and make your enquiry.. If you still don't like this idea of going through EdaucationUSA, you can try applying to other schools towards spring 2014 that don't require EdactionUSA.. And you need to do that asap because deadlines for admission into spring 2014 is almost near.

The spring 2014 session is already around the corner.

But I think with EducationUSA, you stand a very high chance of getting your Visa...

Cheers bro...

Thanks so much bro. But d issue is av got date 4 interview @ d embassy on the 29th like I explained. I would av loved to have my Visa on ground like u while I then defer my admission wt rest of mind. How do I go about ds,despite my school resumin on the 20th. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
sholay2011:
Erm...was it you that wore dangling earrings? And used earmuffs almost thruout ur paper? And maybe ur blouse is somewhat black?
Hmmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
twAYz:

Thanks so much bro. But d issue is av got date 4 interview @ d embassy on the 29th like I explained. I would av loved to have my Visa on ground like u while I then defer my admission wt rest of mind. How do I go about ds,despite my school resumin on the 20th. Thanks

See bro, Going to the Embassy on the 29th of August with a resumption date of 20th of August on your i-20 is AUTOMATIC DENIAL..

So you will need to take permission from the school and get an extension letter from them in other for you to resume late.. Believe me, even if they grant you the extension letter approval it will be for only 1 week.. And by then it won't still be convenient for u as well and you won't still meet up for fall.

And besides MSU won't allow you to resume by september..

But you can email them and Try your luck, the best I know they will do is to defer your admission to spring 2014. And before doing that they will tell you to register with EducationUSA before they can review your application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by christianmarks: 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
please when asked if you have any BACKLOGS. WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

mr swagger:

See bro, Going to the Embassy on the 29th of August with a resumption date of 20th of August on your i-20 is AUTOMATIC DENIAL..

So you will need to take permission from the school and get an extension letter from them in other for you to resume late.. Believe me, even if they grant you the extension letter approval it will be for only 1 week.. And by then it won't still be convenient for u as well and you won't still meet up for fall.

And besides MSU won't allow you to resume by september..

But you can email them and Try your luck, the best I know they will do is to defer your admission to spring 2014. And before doing that they will tell you to register with EducationUSA before they can review your application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
christianmarks: please when asked if you have any BACKLOGS. WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

Carry over(s)..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
lisadem:

I don seize his BB. To be released until further notice. He understands what am saying grin grin grin

grin grin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
twAYz: Hello House, Please am having a challenge and I would appreciate if I get ur response ASAP. I hav bn given admission to study International Business (Bs) in MSU. I am to resume in Sch by Aug 20th 2013, but I got a date for interview @ d embassy for 29th of this month.Effort to get another date by a person (agent) assisting with earlier date has been futile till now.Am not comfortable wt d situatn again. Should I mail d skul to extend my resumptn date (don't know if they will grant)? Or defer my admission to spring next year (despite I will like to go ds year). Please "Mighty" Imperiouxx,Superbrain,Gboyega,Bigfrancis 'n' d whole house kindly help a brother.

I could help you out. Visit my profile and send me a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
Wait! Why has this thread not gone to season 5? wink wink

Justwise when is the premier of the next season? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
kofsy: Wait! Why has this thread not gone to season 5? wink wink

Justwise when is the premier of the next season? cheesy cheesy cheesy

It won't go, until i post my interview experience... tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
@tw, please pay attention to the instruction and save your money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by twAYz: 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I could help you out. Visit my profile and send me a pm.

Av PM you,pls reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.