Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489473 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
twAYz:

Av PM you,pls reply

I didn't get your pm. Visit my profile, click on 'send email message to this member', the next page will load containing a default email message, then you click on 'send'. It will go. Then will I receive it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by harkynon(m): 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
nxt2y: Hello people, just wondering if anybody is visiting the USA on a J-1(exchange visitor) Visa undecidedam thinking am the only one cos I have read the whole thread,part 1-4 and there is nothing for J-1 visa applicants.pls house kindly help smiley

I would like to ask the house what steps to take to transfer to USA university from a 9ja Unoiversity. Do I need gre and where do I start from. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by twAYz: 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
mr swagger:

See bro, Going to the Embassy on the 29th of August with a resumption date of 20th of August on your i-20 is AUTOMATIC DENIAL..

So you will need to take permission from the school and get an extension letter from them in other for you to resume late.. Believe me, even if they grant you the extension letter approval it will be for only 1 week.. And by then it won't still be convenient for u as well and you won't still meet up for fall.

And besides MSU won't allow you to resume by september..

But you can email them and Try your luck, the best I know they will do is to defer your admission to spring 2014. And before doing that they will tell you to register with EducationUSA before they can review your application.

Thanks man.
Would try to email 'n' see what happens.
Did u also apply to MSU and for what programme?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by twAYz: 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I didn't get your pm. Visit my profile, click on 'send email message to this member', the next page will load containing a default email message, then you click on 'send'. It will go. Then will I receive it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jonnyp(m): 11:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
America..amefrica!and big,bigfranco i hail o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 1:59am On Aug 14, 2013
Hello House(gurus)!
Please, could someone help me with TOEFL materials?
You can forward it to gmty25@gmail.com
E jo ooo. Waiting for your usual kind responses.
God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:07am On Aug 14, 2013
Good morning,anyone going to concord university in west virginia or is anyone presently there?pls signify,I need to ask a question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 14, 2013
jonnyp: America..amefrica!and big,bigfranco i hail o.

Yes boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 6:42am On Aug 14, 2013
godG: Hello House(gurus)!
Please, could someone help me with TOEFL materials?
You can forward it to gmty25@gmail.com
E jo ooo. Waiting for your usual kind responses.
God bless you.

Send an empty email to selfstudy360@gmail.com. You will get a prompt response showing links where you can download the materials.

Also try to use Notefull resources and there are superfluous practice videos on You-tube. With that #You will ace it#

All da best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 6:53am On Aug 14, 2013
Pls guys i need clarification.
My dad is sponsoring me, is it the same thing as self sponsored?
I need it to be able to fill my letter for financial backing,

they also wrote on the form that i should include a bank statement that will cover that sum if self sponsored.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 7:07am On Aug 14, 2013
conyema12: Pls guys i need clarification.
My dad is sponsoring me, is it the same thing as self sponsored?
I need it to be able to fill my letter for financial backing,

they also wrote on the form that i should include a bank statement that will cover that sum if self sponsored.

No @ d Bolded. Self-sponsor means your sponsorship isn't dependent on any body.

Guess you are the stage of submitting a financial statement to get an I-20 form. I don't know the structure of the affidavit form you are filling but like mine, there's provision for self-sponsor where I put 'N/A' and source from others, I put 'Family'

Hope this helps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 7:35am On Aug 14, 2013
lisadem:

No @ d Bolded. Self-sponsor means your sponsorship isn't dependent on any body.

Guess you are the stage of submitting a financial statement to get an I-20 form. I don't know the structure of the affidavit form you are filling but like mine, there's provision for self-sponsor where I put 'N/A' and source from others, I put 'Family'

Hope this helps

not yet lisa I am just at the application submission stage, I just got the mail from the school after submitting the online application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 8:09am On Aug 14, 2013
twAYz:

Thanks man.
Would try to email 'n' see what happens.
Did u also apply to MSU and for what programme?

Yes bro, I applied to MSU to study Business Administration & Management for the Fall 2013 session.

But I'm defering my admission to Spring 2014...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 8:41am On Aug 14, 2013
conyema12:

not yet lisa I am just at the application submission stage, I just got the mail from the school after submitting the online application.

Isokai. Some schools do ask for all requisite documents, financial capability inclusive before taking admission decision and sending I20

Guess your doubts are cleared now grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2013
[quote author=lisadem]

Isokai. Some schools do ask for all requisite documents, financial capability inclusive before taking admission decision and sending I20

Guess your doubts are cleared now grin
[/quote

Thank you Lisa,

I guess from your explanation I will not be sending my dads statement of account. I will just give my dad the form to sign and mail back to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 11:40am On Aug 14, 2013
conyema12: Thank you Lisa,

I guess from your explanation I will not be sending my dads statement of account. I will just give my dad the form to sign and mail back to them.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't say you won't be sending your Dad's statement of account. How would you proof the financial capability of your sponsor if that crucial doc is missing?

I guess I understand your case now. What you need is get your Dad to endorse the affidavit of support form and send it alongside his statement of acct to the school. #datz all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by TaylorGang: 11:54am On Aug 14, 2013
Hi guys..I have been looking for a date for anoda visa interview..Bigfrancis u said I cn go for d emergency appointment..bt I don tink..even if I get d visa I won't travel dis month..I called my skl(concord university) to defer my admission to spring 2014..so I cn book an appointment in oct,bt cn I still travel den or shld I wait till late December b4 traveling.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 11:55am On Aug 14, 2013
Yea sure concord
bruminero: Good morning,anyone going to concord university in west virginia or is anyone presently there?pls signify,I need to ask a question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by TaylorGang: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2013
bruminero: Good morning,anyone going to concord university in west virginia or is anyone presently there?pls signify,I need to ask a question
yea..I got admitted there bt I was denied d visa on d july 30th..I will go bak in oct
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
Visa Approved today at Abuja for my bro from another mother, Bigfrancis.

Congratulations to Bigfrancis on his Visa Approval....... God has blessed you bro. And he has paid you for the help you have rendered everyone here on NL...

Welcome to USA!!!!!!!!! Enjoy Obamaland bro....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2013
mr swagger: Visa Approved today at Abuja for my bro from another mother, Bigfrancis.

Congratulations to Bigfrancis on his Visa Approval....... God has blessed you bro. And he has paid you for the help you have rendered everyone here on NL...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by seunolumonday(f): 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
Congratulations to Bigfrancis on ur visa approval,so hapi 4 u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
Imperiouxxx must drop a crate of shayo today ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
kofsy: Imperiouxxx must drop a crate of shayo today ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes oooo. I'm telling you. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by twAYz: 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2013
mr swagger:

Yes bro, I applied to MSU to study Business Administration & Management for the Fall 2013 session.

But I'm defering my admission to Spring 2014...

Oh,that's great bro! happy to know dat(fellow potential maverick). Wish I cud jes be like u and av my visa on ground.

Pls,Wud av to be getting in touch with you 'n' experience house members for direction.

How far with the new process (USAeducation) at embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bmurry3: 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tosin0: 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2013
please is urgent!

i applied for masters in business administration and management in Globe university. i have my i-20 and other documents ready for interview next week.
from this forum i realized that private university doesn't have chance for visa.
please what will i do/say if question comes to why did you choose this school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2013
Bigfrancis is high on kush lol.. I was asking him on bbm yesterday, when was his interview and he said very soon..
Secrecy of the highest order! Anyways, congrats bro i'm very happy for you...
Imperiouxx, we gon' drink to stupor today n get pissed..
Once again! Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFdENIGMA: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
Please bigfrancis21, kofsy,sholay2011 et al, I am new in this house, for a start I want to register for GRE I saw in page 99 bigfrancis' info on how I can do it myself but I want know what the PREFERRED CENTER should be. I am wanting to write it in BENIN. Is there a center in BENIN. If not what are the options in Nigeria for me. Planning on writing by September.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
mr swagger: Visa Approved today at Abuja for my bro from another mother, Bigfrancis.

WOW, BECAUSE BIG FRANCIS IS BIG THAT IS WHY AM USING CAPITAL LETTER. CONGRAT BRO, WISH YOU THE BEST IN OBAMALAND. REMEMBER WE ARE WAITING TO HEAR YOUR INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE. CHEERS BRO, grin wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
JFdENIGMA: Please bigfrancis21, kofsy,sholay2011 et al, I am new in this house, for a start I want to register for GRE I saw in page 99 bigfrancis' info on how I can do it myself but I want know what the PREFERRED CENTER should be. I am wanting to write it in BENIN. Is there a center in BENIN. If not what are the options in Nigeria for me. Planning on writing by September.
No you can't write in Benin. There are only two states in Nigeria in which you can write Gre; Lagos or Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.