Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488331 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
CONGRATS BIG FRANCIS!!! Interview Experience Coming Up Shortly...Please Stay Tuned!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFdENIGMA: 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
Thanks kofsy. When is the best time to call the Agent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2013
JFdENIGMA: Thanks kofsy. When is the best time to call the Agent
morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
lisadem:

Don't get me wrong. I didn't say you won't be sending your Dad's statement of account. How would you proof the financial capability of your sponsor if that crucial doc is missing?

I guess I understand your case now. What you need is get your Dad to endorse the affidavit of support form and send it alongside his statement of acct to the school. #datz all

ok I will do just that.

Thank you Lisa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by twAYz: 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
mr swagger: Visa Approved today at Abuja for my bro from another mother, Bigfrancis.

Congratulations to Bigfrancis on his Visa Approval....... God has blessed you bro. And he has paid you for the help you have rendered everyone here on NL...

Welcome to USA!!!!!!!!! Enjoy Obamaland bro....

Congrats BigFrancis on your visa approval
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFdENIGMA: 2:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
Thanks Sis. 2moro morning I will give them a call looking at early2mid September for the test. Congrats on you test success and best of luck in your application
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2013
congratulations to you for your visa approval today to the man of the moment.... (BIG FRANCIS)!!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2013
I thank God for my visa approval today. I initially scheduled my interview for July 22 at the same Abuja, as you all know, but missed the interview because my I20 did not arrive as expected. I had to reschedule and got today using emergency request.
I had my interview at the Abuja embassy today. My interview time was 11.45am however, there were just so many applicants today that I was actually interviewed at around 12.25pm. My post is very long and I believe I really owe you guys my narration. I took out my time to type my experience with every single detail because you all deserve it. cool

I left Owerri where I was at the moment for Enugu on sunday to visit my maternal relatives and stayed with them for 2 days. Then I left Enugu for Abuja on tuesday by bus (Peace park. Oh God, I love the way their drivers speed. Makes me feel like I'm on a flight. cheesy cheesy). Got to Abuja around 6.30pm and slept over at my aunt's. I wasn't that much bothered neither did I do cram work nor rehearsals of my answers. I just watched movies last night and this morning grin, prepared and left for the embassy at 10am sharp. Got to the embassy 10 minutes later. Those for 10.30am and 10.45am were called, and few minutes later all others for 11am were called in. I went inside, did biometrics, sat down and waited for my turn. Sat for almost 30 minutes till it got to my turn. I used the opportunity to observe the visa officers. I must confess that while going there I was scared given the horrible news I had been hearing about the visa officers. But on entering the interview lounge and seeing them, all my fears swept away in just a second. 'Oh these people are humans afterall', was the thought I had. After that, I relaxed, became lively, started smiling, and even discussing with those beside me. All the visa officers were around, all 4 of them - 3 ladies and 1 guy. I used the opportunity to observe the VOs. All ladies at counters 6, 8 and 9 were quite fair in their visa issuance rates, except the guy. He gave more denials than approvals. His own voice at the speaker was the loudest more than the other VOs. His own voice was suppressing the others such that you could barely hear the interview process of the other VOs. I kinda liked the guy sha because I noticed that the guy is intelligent, though he was denying more because he was very scrutinizing of applicants. He was scrutinizing for those that were the 'best' to him. His first question was always, 'have you travelled out of the country before?' Followed by, 'what state is your school located in and what part of the US map is your state located in'. I couldn't help but notice a guy who the male VO denied earlier this morning. He smartly went into the bathroom, waited a while, came out and joined the queue. When it got to his turn, he was still called at counter 7(male visa officer's counter) and when the VO called up his record, he shouted that the guy had been denied earlier before, and called security to take him out of the building. I saw him grant only one student who had a scholarship from his university. The lady at counter 8 was a very nice lady, just granting visas. The VO at counter 9 will grill and grill you, even laugh with you but deny you in the end. She's the same person who denied the member here who his resumption date coincided with his passport pick-up date. I prayed to be interviewed by the lady at counter 8 and God just answered my prayers. I'll tell you how he did so in the penultimate paragraph. It then got to my turn, and I was called at Window 8!, and I went forward.

Me: Good afternoon (smiling)
VO: Good afternoon. Pass me your passport and application documents please. (I did).
VO: (Looked at my document and typed something on her keyboard and said) Hold on sir, let me verify your details.
VO: (Looking up after a few seconds) Okay! What are you going to the US to do?
ME: To further my studies. I'm going for my masters degree.
VO: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
ME: Not really. I've never had the opportunity to before.(Note, I didn't just say 'no'. I dreaded that answer like a plague. The answer I gave was more preferable)
VO: What school are you going to?
ME: University of Maryland, College Park.
VO: Ok! In what field are you going for your masters?
ME: Telecommunications Engineering.
VO: Ok. When did you obtain your bachelors degree?
ME: July last year.
VO: What school did you obtain your bachelors degree from?
ME: University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
VO: (Thinking and saying) Nsukka...Ok! (She shouted it and smiled at me. To go to a good school is really good. I was surprised she'd know UNN sef, given that its not in Lagos or Abuja that they can easily hear or know of.)
VO: How did you come about this your school?
ME: I performed intense research on the internet and discovered the school and found out that it ranks among the top 20 schools in the US in the field of engineering so I decided to apply to the school and other 2 schools.
VO: (still smiling) What other schools did you apply to?
ME: University of Tennessee and University of Alabama.
VO: (On hearing U of Alabama, she fell back into her seat, laughing loudly and shouting) Oh! Alabama! Why didn't you go to University of Alabama! I schooled there.
ME: (Laughing loudly) Really? That's nice! My dad schooled there too.
VO: Really?! Tuscaloosa?
ME: Yea. Tuscaloosa.(She was then laughing now and typing).
VO: Who will be paying for your studies?
ME: I got a graduate assistantship from the school though...
VO: (Cuts in)...wonderful! (Looking at my I20)
ME: (I continued). However, my sponsor is my paternal uncle.
VO: What does he do?
ME: He's a financial consultant. He has a company that offers financial consultations and advise. He also works for FirstBank and DiamondBank on contract basis where he trains their newly recruited bank staff.
VO: (Looking at me, smiling). Wonderful. Do you have his bank statement?
ME: Yes. I passed it to her. (She quickly flips to the back, looks at it and gives it back to me. It was containing a balance of 10.4 million naira)
VO: Can you please place your left thumb on the scanner?
ME: Yes. (I quickly did so).
VO: (Returning my I20, looking up at me smiling) Your visa has been approved! Pick up your passport on friday at this address located on the pick-up form.
ME: Thank you! (Smiling now).

I packed my file and left. She didn't ask for my GRE or my transcripts like the male VO was doing. The whole interview didn't last up to 1 minute because it went so fast. Boldness, confidence, and speaking eloquently are very important. Gesticulations are also important. I spoke confidently, brilliantly, together with hand movements. Most importantly, God's favour supersedes all. I'll tell you how.

I prayed to be interviewed by the lady at counter 8. BAnd God answered my prayers immediately and in a miraculous way! When I was the third to go ie two people were before me, the lady at counter 8 concluded with one applicant and was supposed to call 'next applicant' as usual, but she didn't. She just looked our direction, noticed that I wasn't next, and kept on typing on her system. The VO at counter 9 called, the first person left, and the VO at counter 6 called and the second person went to her counter. I was then next. The nice lady, on looking my direction again and seeing that I was next then called 'next applicant' and I moved forward to her counter. I noticed she wanted to interview me herself. It was just God's doing. Funny enough, the two that were in front of me who went to the other two female VOs were denied! The nice VO just waited to interview me herself and grant me the visa! God's favour is just so wonderful.

Thank you all. My enormous thanks goes out to all the members on this thread. God bless you all.

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2013
My post is very long. Please, don't quote it. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
bigfrancis21: I thank God for my visa approval today. I initially scheduled my interview for July 22 at the same Abuja, as you all know, but missed the interview because my I20 did not arrive as expected. I had to reschedule and got today using emergency request.
I had my interview at the Abuja embassy today. My interview time was 11.45am however, there were just so many applicants today that I was actually interviewed at around 12.25pm. My post is very long and I believe I really owe you guys my narration. I took out my time to type my experience with every single detail because you all deserve it. cool

I left Owerri where I was at the moment for Enugu on sunday to visit my maternal relatives and stayed with them for 2 days. Then I left Enugu for Abuja on tuesday by bus (Peace park. Oh God, I love the way their drivers speed. Makes me feel like I'm on a flight. cheesy cheesy). Got to Abuja around 6.30pm and slept over at my aunt's. I wasn't that much bothered neither did I do cram work nor rehearsals of my answers. I just watched movies last night and this morning grin, prepared and left for the embassy at 10am sharp. Got to the embassy 10 minutes later. Those for 10.30am and 10.45am were called, and few minutes later all others for 11am were called in. I went inside, did biometrics, sat down and waited for my turn. Sat for almost 30 minutes till it got to my turn. I used the opportunity to observe the visa officers. I must confess that while going there I was scared given the horrible news I had been hearing about the visa officers. But on entering the interview lounge and seeing them, all my fears swept away in just a second. 'Oh these people are humans afterall', was the thought I had. After that, I relaxed, became lively, started smiling, and even discussing with those beside me. All the visa officers were around, all 4 of them - 3 ladies and 1 guy. I used the opportunity to observe the VOs. All ladies at counters 6, 8 and 9 were quite fair in their visa issuance rates, except the guy. He gave more denials than approvals. His own voice at the speaker was the loudest more than the other VOs. His own voice was suppressing the others such that you could barely hear the interview process of the other VOs. I kinda liked the guy sha because I noticed that the guy is intelligent, though he was denying more because he was very scrutinizing of applicants. He was scrutinizing for those that were the 'best' to him. His first question was always, 'have you travelled out of the country before?' Followed by, 'what state is your school located in and what part of the US map is your state located in'. I couldn't help but notice a guy who the male VO denied earlier this morning. He smartly went into the bathroom, waited a while, came out and joined the queue. When it got to his turn, he was still called at counter 7(male visa officer's counter) and when the VO called up his record, he shouted that the guy had been denied earlier before, and called security to take him out of the building. I saw him grant only one student who had a scholarship from his university. The lady at counter 8 was a very nice lady, just granting visas. The VO at counter 9 will grill and grill you, even laugh with you but deny you in the end. She's the same person who denied the member here who his resumption date coincided with his passport pick-up date. I prayed to be interviewed by the lady at counter 8 and God just answered my prayers. I'll tell you how he did so in the penultimate paragraph. It then got to my turn, and I was called at Window 8!, and I went forward.

VO: Good afternoon. Pass me your passport and application documents please. (I did).
VO: (Looked at my document and typed something on her keyboard and said) Hold on sir, let me verify your details.
ME: Not really. I've never had the opportunity to before.(Note, I didn't just say 'no'. I dreaded that answer like a plague. The answer I gave was more preferable)
VO: (Thinking and saying) Nsukka...Ok! (She shouted it and smiled at me. To go to a good school is really good. I was surprised she'd know UNN sef, given that its not in Lagos or Abuja that they can easily hear or know of.)
ME: I performed intense research on the internet and discovered the school and found out that it ranks among the top 20 schools in the US in the field of engineering so I decided to apply to the school and other 2 schools.
VO: (On hearing U Alabama, she fell back into her seat, laughing and shouting) Oh! Why didn't you go to University of Alabama! I schooled there.
ME: He's a financial consultant. He has a company that offers financial consultations and advise. He also works for FirstBank and DiamondBank on contract basis where he trains their newly recruited bank staff.
ME: Yes. I passed it to her. (She quickly flips to the back, looks at it and gives it back to me. It was containing a balance of 10.4 million naira)
VO: (Returning my I20, looking up at me smiling) Your visa has been approved! Pick up your passport on friday at this address located on the pick-up form.

I packed my file and left. The whole interview didn't last up to 1 minute because it went so fast. Boldness, confidence, and speaking eloquently are very important. Gesticulations are also important. I spoke confidently, brilliantly, together with hand movements. Most importantly, God's favour supersedes all. I'll tell you how.

I prayed to be interviewed by the lady at counter 8. BAnd God answered my prayers immediately and in a strange way! When I was the third to go ie two people were before me, the lady at counter 8 concluded with one applicant and she was supposed to call 'next applicant' as supposed as usual, but she didn't. She just looked our direction and kept on typing on her system. The VO at counter 9 called, the first person left, and the VO at counter 6 called and the second person went to her counter. I was then next. The nice lady, on looking my direction and saw I was next, the called 'next applicant' and I moved forward to her counter. I noticed she wanted to interview me herself. It was just God's doing. Funny enough, the two that were in front of me who went to the other two female VOs were denied! The nice VO just waited to interview me herself and grant me the visa! God's favour is just so wonderful.

Thank you all. My enormous thanks goes out to all the members on this thread. God bless you all.

Congratulation and i will get my visa soon by God's grace

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
Congrats once again dear smiley you deserve it

Walspring kindly edit your post. You should probably quote few of d interview experience. It's not always convenient to scroll and scroll through long posts from a phone. thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
Congratulations to you Francis. Enjoy College park

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
bigfrancis21: I thank God for my visa approval today. I initially scheduled my interview for July 22 at the same Abuja, as you all know, but missed the interview because my I20 did not arrive as expected. I had to reschedule and got today using emergency request.

I prayed to be interviewed by the lady at counter 8. BAnd God answered my prayers immediately and in a miraculous way! When I was the third to go ie two people were before me, the lady at counter 8 concluded with one applicant and was supposed to call 'next applicant' as usual, but she didn't. She just looked our direction, noticed that I wasn't next, and kept on typing on her system. The VO at counter 9 called, the first person left, and the VO at counter 6 called and the second person went to her counter. I was then next. The nice lady, on looking my direction again and seeing that I was next then called 'next applicant' and I moved forward to her counter. I noticed she wanted to interview me herself. It was just God's doing. Funny enough, the two that were in front of me who went to the other two female VOs were denied! The nice VO just waited to interview me herself and grant me the visa! God's favour is just so wonderful.

As you are favoured today by God and i use this medium to ask God to favour me too in my next visa interview.. Once more i said a big congratulations to BIG FRANCIS!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2013

I
Congrats Bro!!! You deserve it grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2013

VO: (On hearing U of Alabama, she fell back into her seat, laughing loudly and shouting) Oh! Alabama! Why didn't you go to University of Alabama! I schooled there.

I packed my file and left. She didn't ask for my GRE or my transcripts like the male VO was doing. The whole interview didn't last up to 1 minute because it went so fast. Boldness, confidence, and speaking eloquently are very important. Gesticulations are also important. I spoke confidently, brilliantly, together with hand movements. Most importantly, God's favour supersedes all. I'll tell you how.

CONGRAT BRO, ALL THE BEST. WHERE IS THE PARTY @

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theHanafis(m): 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2013

CONGRAT BIGFRANCES...its d moment d house have being waiting for.enjoy ur stay in obamaland. #Iguess 2dayna Gym-min tins#grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bodeplot: 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
Congrats Bigfrancis...a good man..wish u d best in d US...Cheers bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
To bigfrancis

It's good to be good. Classes might be overwhelming but don't leave the thread at any point.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 4:31pm On Aug 14, 2013

KEEP UP YOUR GOOD DEEDS.. THERE IS NO OTHER REWARD FOR IT THAN WHAT YOU JUST GOT.

I AM SO HAPPY COS I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR THIS GOOD STORY.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! smiley **HUGZZZZZZ***

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2013
[quote]please is urgent!

i applied for masters in business administration and management in Globe university. i have my i-20 and other documents ready for interview next week.
from this forum i realized that private university doesn't have chance for visa.
please what will i do/say if question comes to why did you choose this school?/quote]

@bolded... Its wrong... I am going to a private school and got my visa approved on the 30th of July at Abuja embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2013
imperiouxx: To bigfrancis

It's good to be good. Classes might be overwhelming but don't leave the thread at any point.

Cheers!

Congrats bigfrancis. Sir Imperiouxx, could you please help me with TOEFL materials?
You can forward it to gmty25@gmail.com
E jo ooo. Waiting for your usual kind responses.
God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
Why all of una they quote this long SUCCESS story ?! Haha! U want this thread fill up fast ?! U no wan make i post my own too for this part 4 ?! By fire by force i must post mine too on this part...
In short! If not for the 120 days rule, i'd have speed it up.. Make una no worry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2013
godG:

Congrats bigfrancis. Sir Imperiouxx, could you please help me with TOEFL materials?
You can forward it to gmty25@gmail.com
E jo ooo. Waiting for your usual kind responses.
God bless you.

I've the materials but I've stopped sending them because of US and infringement of law are worst enemies. So, there is a mail going on around here with self download links. Check 2 pages back, you'll find it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
Yay... Congrats bigFrancis21!!! My visa was approved today too in the same Abuja at 8am

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
omg_star: Yay... Congrats bigFrancis21!!! My visa was approved today too in the same Abuja at 8am

Oh myyyy Goshhhhhhhhh! ♫♪♫

♫♪♫ Babe lemme love you down .........

Usher Raymond crosses my mind.

But you be man, well cheers bro!

Now, let's hear from horse's mouth (not that you are horse)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by deevick246(m): 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
A big congratulations to you bigfrancis21!!! Your altruism is peerless. You deserve it and God made it a walkover. Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2013
Congrats, Bigfrank!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
Congratulations BigFrancis

We all know you will get it. Good things happen to good people. Like I always say, keep up the good work and never relent. Welcome to the wealthiest state in the US - Manly Deeds, Womanly Words.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
Congratulations Bigfrancis; itz good to be good. Phase 1 completed, phase 2 loading.
Go and show them the Nigerian build-up bro. All the best!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by xtus(m): 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

I've the materials but I've stopped sending them because of US and infringement of law are worst enemies. So, there is a mail going on around here with self download links. Check 2 pages back, you'll find it.

You got mail sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2013
@Bigfrancis21, congrats. Your interview was so superlative. Kofsy and Amefrica will make it as well.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 5:26pm On Aug 14, 2013
Congrats bigfrancis...
You truely deserve it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.