Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487718 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2013
babsharon:

MS-Nas, are you a Muslim?? shocked shocked shocked
Yup cheesy Why? shocked shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 16, 2013
@Obsy2020, LOL! That's very true. The airline is so unique and wonderful. @Amefrica, are you on facebook? If yes, then drop me ur user id so that i can add you. I really cannot fathom why i didn't get your request. America+Africa= Amefrica. It sounds good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by xtus(m): 9:44am On Aug 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

Cheers!

@bold word, GRE can't stymie many of my guys here anymore.

YOU GOT A MAIL BROS!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:48am On Aug 16, 2013
syahboy: Hello Nairalanders, I recently took the Gre and today I received the official Score Report Quant-165, Verbal-156 Total 321 and AWA-5.0(Not stellar but laudable).

Congrats. Your preparation paid off. I wish you the best in your TOEFL.
Why not try some more top schools? With your score, you should be able to get in with good SoP and LoRs. I will also suggest you look for Person(s) of Interest in the schools you are applying to as they could speak for you at the point of admission.
I like your dream and I wish you well. If you continue this way, I see you getting to greater heights.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 9:50am On Aug 16, 2013
obsy2020: In houston, thanks to emirate airline they are the best, kudos to bigfrancis, Ms Nas, Kunsoft, ojap, gboyega and NL members, i really appreciate u guys, thanks and keep it up.
emirate airline wan kill person will food, champagne and co, i really enjoyed my flight and i recommend emirate to prospective travellers.

Enjoy bro!!! Did your bb wireless work while onboard? Is it for free someone said you will pay like $5 to $10.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:50am On Aug 16, 2013
obsy2020: In houston, thanks to emirate airline they are the best, kudos to bigfrancis, Ms Nas, Kunsoft, ojap, gboyega and NL members, i really appreciate u guys, thanks and keep it up.
emirate airline wan kill person will food, champagne and co, i really enjoyed my flight and i recommend emirate to prospective travellers.

Welcome to America! Emirates, the best airline! My own coming up soon! smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:52am On Aug 16, 2013
syahboy: Yeah! Bro that's the thing, don't really want to wait and the NYSC thing I see it as a waste of time. I'm just aiming at top 40 programs for Ms, then for Phd I'll concentrate on top 20 programs. Considering I want to get a phd wasting a year on NYSC is a big deal for me, I wish there was a way I could make Fall 2014. Thanks bro I hope you enjoy your flight to the USA grin

If you want a Phd then, give it a shot. You can get into the top 40 phds in your field if you try. All you need is make sure your undergraduate thesis is awesome and in your SoP, you can always explain you have no journal articles, conference attendance and research experience because of the nature of the economy of Nigeria. Sincerely, it works wonders.
I can testify you have a good writing skill and can assure you, with God on your side, you will get in.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:56am On Aug 16, 2013
frankie2K: Good Day all,

I was introduced to this forum by a friend of mine.I took my time to go through it. I believe it gives me a better chance of help in packaging my application for visa.I have a HND in computer science (2010)alongside some certificates in computer courses from Swedish schools(online) and currently teaching computer in a high school.I applied to two schools and one of the two schools(Baylor university,Texas)offered me admission and a $4500 funding annually.I was admitted as a post-baccalaureate student because I do no meet the requirements for Masters.I will be taking the TOEFL test next month as I have learnt from the posts of the gurus in the house,I am worried with some few things and they are as follows:

1) I am 29 to be 30 years old by November,hope age will not be a barrier in obtaining visa as I am meant to understand that post-baccalaureate is seen as undergraduate program.
2) The school that offered me admission alongside funding (Baylor University)is a private institution,will it hinder me obtaining a visa?
3) After taking the TOEFL(ibt),how long does it take the hard copy (original)to reach me so as to muse it as a evidence that I took the test during the interview with a VO.

Why not apply to schools that accepts HND without discrimiation? You could also get some funding based on your profile if you write and do well on the GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2013
Ms Nas:
The way u quote " Alihamdulilahi" and your nickname NAS sound suspicious.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 10:01am On Aug 16, 2013
babsharon:
The way u quote " Alihamdulilahi" and your nickname NAS sound suspicious.
grin grin I no be Boko Haram o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:02am On Aug 16, 2013

Let us know once you settle into AR and enjoy your stay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2013
Ms Nas:

Madam, you never adjust abi why you still dey awake by this time shocked shocked shocked. Go and sleep jor cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

Congrats. Your preparation paid off. I wish you the best in your TOEFL.
Why not try some more top schools? With your score, you should be able to get in with good SoP and LoRs. I will also suggest you look for Person(s) of Interest in the schools you are applying to as they could speak for you at the point of admission.
I like your dream and I wish you well. If you continue this way, I see you getting to greater heights.
Thanks a lot bro, I'm grateful for the kind words and I'm really humbled. I'll do well to apply to some ambitious schools and after my Toefl I'll start drafting the SOP. Thanks for the advice bro, I will most certainly act on it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 10:06am On Aug 16, 2013
Ms Nas:
grin grin I no be Boko Haram o

Sound like Hausa name > Precisely Boko Haram family!!!! grin grin grin Kidding

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 16, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 16, 2013
lisadem:

apparently, it was o and I remain loyal to Baba God. (((((Thanks))))) Aunty Kofsy grin grin

Lolzz... Make u let my aunty/sister alone ooo, the only Sis' i av on here..
Lisadem! You've got M A I L...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 10:22am On Aug 16, 2013
syahboy: Thanks a lot bro, I'm grateful for the kind words and I'm really humbled. I'll do well to apply to some ambitious schools and after my Toefl I'll start drafting the SOP. Thanks for the advice bro, I will most certainly act on it
Syahboy, your GRE is fantastic!!! Don't just apply for MS only,try PhD too,you should be able to get a doctoral admission(which comes with many goodies grin grin) if your UG grades are good. Wish you the best bro,you've got foresight.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 10:33am On Aug 16, 2013
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:34am On Aug 16, 2013
winbyforce:
Syahboy, your GRE is fantastic!!! Don't just apply for MS only,try PhD too,you should be able to get a doctoral admission(which comes with many goodies grin grin) if your UG grades are good. Wish you the best bro,you've got foresight.

He's truly got foresight and most times, I wish most of our young guys can think and act this way. While many of the young men are busy involving in too much of frivolities, here is a young man building a life and a great dream for himself.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 16, 2013
@Ame, I already added u. You may modify ur contacts so justwise won't be mad at u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2013
Dot1:
And u tink dat ain't stellar? Anyway, av bookmarked d sites u recoomended & jst downloaded d Nova's bible. But d Nova i got was d 2008 edition. I dnt knw if it was d same u used (u knw d new GRE started 2011)
Its the same bro, all the concepts, tricks and formulars you need are all embedded in that ebook. Problem is its a big book and you need atleast a month to finish it.(If you can, then I assure you'll make 160+)

Magoosh gre really helped so do well to make use of their free 1 week premium subscription(When it expires re-register with same email and username and Tada you continue your progress form where you stopped). I got an old copy of the ETS OG from a friend and it came with two practise tests, If you can purchase it or get an old copy it'll do you a lot of good as it explains question patterns and types.

If you're using android or IOS get the free magoosh flashcard App and mug up the words, I did it in the taxi, rest-room...name it(No need to mug up 4000 words, on test day you'll hardly see 100 words)...Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2013
Why do people still find it hard to register for TOEFL?! Thanks to bigfrancis, I registered mine myself. All u need is ur $175 and say 1k for making the call...u can register with ANY ATM CARD. I did mine like 2 days ago. The same applicable to GRE. Don't get duped by agents.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

Madam, you never adjust abi why you still dey awake by this time shocked shocked shocked. Go and sleep jor cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin Yes Sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:55am On Aug 16, 2013
godG: Why do people still find it hard to register for TOEFL?! Thanks to bigfrancis, I registered mine myself. All u need is ur $175 and say 1k for making the call...u can register with ANY ATM CARD. I did mine like 2 days ago. The same applicable to GRE. Don't get duped by agents.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 10:59am On Aug 16, 2013
De Tus: @Ame, I already added u. You may modify ur contacts so justwise won't be mad at u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Surestboyxxx: 11:00am On Aug 16, 2013
WAKANOW.COM ARE SCAM...THEY JUST CANCELLED MY BOOKING WITHOUT EVEN NOTIFYING ME.I HAVE BEEN CALLING THEM ,AND NO REPLY YET.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 11:02am On Aug 16, 2013
Surestboyxxx: WAKANOW.COM ARE SCAM...THEY JUST CANCELLED MY BOOKING WITHOUT EVEN NOTIFYING ME.I HAVE BEEN CALLING THEM ,AND NO REPLY YET.

https://www.nairaland.com/1170810/wakanow-nig-ltd-shabby-service
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2013
babsharon:

Sound like Hausa name > Precisely Boko Haram family!!!! grin grin grin Kidding
SMH cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:32am On Aug 16, 2013
Ms Nas:

grin grin Yes Sir

I think that is a major challenge. I will advise you try to connect more with those who are there so that whenever classes starts, you will have adjusted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 16, 2013
Ms Nas:
SMH cheesy cheesy
Wait! Have you left Nigeria? shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 11:51am On Aug 16, 2013
Congrats to lisadem and Bigfrank...
It pays to be good.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.